Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (29192 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
wakagirl:

Yeah that's the spirit my dear, you are not wrong nor unrealistic, infact u are not been materialistic but sincere.

I got a good new for you jare. I have a cousin who is only 29, 100% single, has chains of biz, very handsome and has all of those things and more. Not only does he have landed properties in Nigeria he has houses abroad.

Now, he doesnt need you to bring anything to the table financially and unlike you with numerous criterias he has only one critaria. . . . . . . . .u must be 100% VIRGIN

Lets talk jare.

GOOD DEAL SHE WILL TAKE IT, but your cousin might get his heart broken on d wedding night wen he finds out that its not really what it is, lol grin grin grin grin

just joking i don't knw o but dats a good deal tho
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by JesusDWay(m): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
Well, everyone has what they look out for in a 'would be' but, consider for a minute if you would still want to stay with the guy if later in life he loses those things. The bible does say, that riches develop wings and fly away like an eagle towards the heaven. Things like this happen so, do think about it.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by jaybee3(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2009
I can most def tick all the characteristics listed in your first post but then i ain't looking for anyone who wants to be with me because of what i have. Got it grin

what has this world turned into sef? grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Ljay1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
see lady let me ask you some questions.

at what age do you think a guy would finish his BACHELOR'S DEGREE in NIGERIA?

Before a guy can have all what you have mentioned all by himself, at least he would have his MASTER'S DEGREE.

At what age would that be?

Only if it is INHERITED, MONEY RITUALS, SMUGGLING, ASSASSINATION, YAHOO.

ONE MORE QUESTION

DO YOU WANT TO MARRY FOR HIS MONEY OR FOR HIS LOVE.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
'Let he who has no sin be the first to cast the Stone'!!

I know I sounded a lil bit ambitious, but I also know 90% of you all talking here wants comfort as well.

Guys date girls for being beautiful or even rich. What's wrong in me wanting a rich guy?

What I have to offer in return is totally irrelevant; and the fact that I dont date broke guys does not make me a Golddigger!

I dont intend to settle for an abusive or demeaning relationshiop with my hubby, but I dont intend to settle for a broke one either.

I'm not naive enough not to realize that money corrupts, but I also know that a corrupt man will be corrupt with or without the money.

Now I made this post because I got tired of my family and friends telling me that letting that young man go because he dosent stay in his own house is a wrong decision. And that dating that rich guy is trouble in disguise. I just need to feel a sense of financial security for me to be content in a relationship or even in marriage. Otherwise I'm just going to feel the guy's not man enough!!

I'm prepared to build a future with a guy, I just dont want to start from the scratch!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
I wouldnt be suprised to find out that the poster doesnt even have a regular chiker. undecided
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ade2kay(m): 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
jodeci:

I hope u are rich also,cos it will be dumb to expect a man to give u what u cannot offer.

one question for you pls.was your father that rich when he married your mum?

Kai, this is getting personal.
Na wa o

@op
You called for insults, you will receive it in abundance.

To list qualities of a man you'd like to marry like u'd list a horse's qualities for a horse race, you're in for serious insults
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

I don’t expect a guy to treat me badly just because he’s rich. I like rich guys, yes, but that doesn’t mean I’m a gold digger, or I’m extravagant. Infact it’s quite the opposite. I live a very simple life and I can adjust properly to scarce resources. But I don’t want to.
So what do you need a rich guy for?- to show-off? A rich guy might eventually treat you badly if he thinks you love the money so brace up.
Ujujoan:

I’m not very rich, but I’m very comfortable. That’s why I don’t want to marry a guy I’m richer than. There’s nothing I want in a guy I don’t already have myself.
You don't say! Do you have a penis? I'm guessing you are 26 or thereabout and already own landed prop., cars and all that.
Ujujoan:

I know about all those prospect thing, I just don’t buy it. For me at 30 if you’ve not gotten it, your chances are low and you might just be a dreamer.
Just say you want to marry a politician's son or one young drug-dealing scum. I know of at least 2 guys that'll smash your criteria but since their foundation is based mainly on family business, their family would easily call you a gold digger and I read you don't like that!
Ujujoan:

I hate to have to give a guy a loan, give him my car to use, let him move into my house cos my apartment is better and then change the deeds of my property to our name.

I hate to have to buy my clothes cos he's not rich enough to afford the clothes I wear.

I hate to have to split the bills cos my pay check is better or even similar to his.

And above all, I hate to think he wants me for what I have to offer!!
What!?! You must be 'stinkingly rich' meenn. Hey, I think all you need now is this book titled: How to live without a Man. Problem is, it will be published in 2020 when scientists figure out how to do it.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Uche2nna(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
ade2kay:

To list qualities of a man you'd like to marry like u'd list a horse's qualities for a horse race, you're in for serious insults

Why

She just knows what she wants and thats no excuse for her to be insulted.

Every choice comes with some consequences , and my hope is that she knows the potential consequences of her choices.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

I know I sounded a lil bit ambitious, but I also know 90% of you all talking here wants comfort as well.

Guys date girls for being beautiful or even rich. What's wrong in me wanting a rich guy?

What I have to offer in return is totally irrelevant; and the fact that I dont date broke guys does not make me a Golddigger!

I dont intend to settle for an abusive or demeaning relationshiop with my hubby, but I dont intend to settle for a broke one either.

I'm not naive enough not to realize that money corrupts, but I also know that a corrupt man will be corrupt with or without the money.

Now I made this post because I got tired of my family and friends telling me that letting that young man go because he dosent stay in his own house is a wrong decision. And that dating that rich guy is trouble in disguise. I just need to feel a sense of financial security for me to be content in a relationship or even in marriage. Otherwise I'm just going to feel the guy's not man enough!!

I'm prepared to build a future with a guy, I just dont want to start from the scratch!!

thats not true shocked shocked
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by nduogu(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
what a grim and harsh picture.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Diva1(f): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Ujujoan

You are not wrong in wanting such, who doesn't want but the problem becomes when you make that your top priority smiley
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Uche2nna(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
nduogu:

what a grim and harsh picture.

Whats so grim about the picture she painted here?

Honestly, she aint saying anything new, Most women will rarely compromise their comfort and security
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by GEW: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
will watch this one even though it a repeat  thread now
L jay:

see lady let me ask you some questions.

at what age do you think a guy would finish his BACHELOR'S DEGREE in NIGERIA?

Before a guy can have all what you have mentioned all by himself, at least he would have his MASTER'S DEGREE.

At what age would that be?

Only if it is INHERITED, MONEY RITUALS, SMUGGLING, ASSASSINATION, YAHOO.

ONE MORE QUESTION

DO YOU WANT TO MARRY FOR HIS MONEY OR FOR HIS LOVE.

i beg most naija marriage na for convinience so wetin be all this shouting for.  the girl talk true  una wan tear her to pieces the ones wey no talk true na una like.  typical  naija
Ujujoan:

you are right in your thinking most people telling you otherwise here are wrong becos they will definately prefer life the way you stated it here.

i am beginning to sence political correctness come to NL.

poverty is a curse. i dont know when nigerians started taking vows for poverty
ade2kay:

Na wa o

@op

ade2kay:

Na wa o

@op

why must she be insulted for saying she do not want to marry por?  if you guys like poverty by all means pick as much as you want  why must she live for you?  

why would you insult someone for wanting a better life she didnt say she wants to go and steal and this from you guys celebrating thieves and giving them chieftancy titles
r231:

thats not true  shocked shocked
wetin no be true for wetin she talk?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Nuzo: If I didnt have 'chikers' to make me wonder who to choose, then there is absolutely no need for this post. Dont you think  

@ Muzbo: There's no need for your sacarsm, so shove it okay !!

Like Uche said, I just listed what I wanted in a man, its either you agree with me or you dont!

@ r231: I know what I'm saying. A guy actually told me that his reason for wanting to marry his GF was because she had 4 million in fixed deposit.

I dont need a rich guy for comfort or to show off; I just dont want a burden!!

Now you guys can attack me all you want . . . . .  isnt that what NL is for?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
@GEW

the rich girl part plus beauty is not everything. you can take beauty-manners and still arrive at zero and if u lucky you get best of both world, lol
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

@ Nuzo: If I didnt have 'chikers' to make me wonder who to choose, then there is absolutely no need for this post. Dont you think  

@ Muzbo: There's no need for your sacarsm, so shove it okay !!

Like Uche said, I just listed what I wanted in a man, its either you agree with me or you dont!

@ r231: I know what I'm saying. A guy actually told me that his reason for wanting to marry his GF was because she had 4 million in fixed deposit.

I dont need a rich guy for comfort or to show off; I just dont want a burden!!

Now you guys can attack me all you want . . . . .  isnt that what NL is for?

he will be gone as soon as dat money is done all he wants is d money maybe cus he didn't want to pay for d wedding lol
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Uche2nna(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
So Uju, lets say U get ur wish and u get married to some rich bloke, then shit happens, he loses all his dough , whatchu gonn' do? File for divorce on account of financial inadequacies? undecided
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

I just need to feel a sense of financial security for me to be content in a relationship or even in marriage. Otherwise I'm just going to feel the guy's not man enough!!

Oh so you want them 'Made Niggaz' right? I have just the right guy! He's 30, he was jailed for 3 years in Portugal for alleged drug possession, came back n bought houses in Lagos, oil wells in the south n stuff, buying cars is like buying food to him and though someone said he has 2 kids I'm sure he's not married. Sure you don't mind.
N.B: Disregard the tear-drop tattoo on his face. Someone said it means he killed a woman but he'll tell you its a birth mark. Indicate if you want his number.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nezan(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2009
[size=18pt]@ Poster,

Despite the fact that I have all the qualities you mentioned, I wouldn't have deemed it fit to marry somebody like you if I was still single.

Money is not everything and by the time you have it, you assume everybody is loving you for the money. That was why I married my wife, who, though I hid my identity, was prepared to accept me for who I was - Just a man she happened to fall in love with.

No need loving guys for what they are,,,,,,,,,for it is generally believed that more money brings in more (fake) friends.[/size]
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Uju

I feel you, but what haapens along the line if he loses all the material things that made you marry him?? Have you heard of people going from Grace to Grass!!

I once dated a very uselesss guy that was so broke and after we broke up I vowed to marry a rich man, but you know what, God had other plans for me. I am so glad I followed God's will because the man I got married to is the best man on earth, after we got together things started working out fine and we are really comfy now.

Money is not everything my dear!!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
Bonie:

My Dear you are very wrong!!! for the fact that u have met young guys at the age of 28 - 30 who has some of the quality, good car, handsome and well paid job and you are still looking for the very rich 28 -30 with landed properties and more, hmmmmmmm:. You should know the country you are. i know is possible to have this guys but few fortunate, and i bet you these guys have thousands af ladies after them, most of them end up having children out of wed- luck believe me, because some ladies can go at any length to get what they want. if you don’t want to have a broken or unhappy marriage run fast to one of those first guys, i believe you have initiatives, you can add ur resources two heads are better than one, you can achieve the whole world if you cooperate with him. I CAN NEVER BELEIEVE YOU THAT IF SOMEONE DID NOT MAKE IT AT 28 - 30 HE CAN NOT MAKE IT AGAIN. i know of a guy in Abuja, @ 34 the wife even sponsored a wedding and after everything, this guy was determined and he went in and submit a proposal, luckingly his company was awarded a contract of 320 million naira to do some construction work, he sold the work out for 200 million so tell me, is the guy not going to be rich?? is all about destiny and God's own given time. Never had you in your life underrate anybody, because God can change situation at anytime. YOU NEED TO REPENT AND GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD Pray very well God will grant your heart desire even if you are married your husband can still make it. Take care and remain bless

I so love your post, people make it at the age of 50 sef, ask Susan Boyle, it took just a minute to change her life.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Uche I know that shit happens. And when they do, I'm willing to deal with it. I had a priviledged childhood and when I lost my dad, I had to face poverty. Did I die? No! I faced it and I survided it.

The rich get poor and the poor get rich. That's life. Call me twisted, but I'd rather have the rich now and poor later, than the poor now and rich later. What I cant chance is the poor now and poor forever  grin  grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by collins011(m): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ poster

your message is not worth replying because everything u wrote here sucks! i will implore you to try and redefine your mindset or else you are heading to destruction even before your time
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan, am i right to say your comment is/was bourne out of pressure from peers and family?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Rogo: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
YOU SHOULD BE THINKING OF MARRYING AN ARM ROBBER INSTEAD OF "GOOD GUY". YOU KNOW IN NIGERIA GOOD AND TRUTHFUL PEOPLE DON'T MAKE IT SO FAST.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
Want and need are 2 different things.
So is it wrong for you to "want" a rich man? Not at all.
But do u need a rich man, u dont, cos you and a man can be rich together.
People will u will end up with a pretender and will be too late to back out.
Just take it easy oh.
A man at age of 30 without a landed property is not a loser, so think better
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

@ Uche I know that shit happens. And when they do, I'm willing to deal with it. I had a priviledged childhood and when I lost my dad, I had to face poverty. Did I die? No! I faced it and I survided it.

The rich get poor and the poor get rich. That's life. Call me twisted, but I'd rather have the rich now and poor later, than the poor now and rich later. What I cant chance is the poor now and poor forever  grin  grin

I just learn something new today, very very good thinking RICH NOW POOR LATER. I am beginning to like you
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by charles316: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
@poster,i recommend psychatric hospital for u.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by jidobaba(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan, all this is real rich, coming from an "after-one" like you.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by la1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
you can have whatever you lwant, its your life,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? / Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.