Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,756 members, 7,831,442 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (29227 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by adaku123(f): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
soloqy:

Oh man , and the poster just had to have an Igbo name.

These people keep giving us nwa-afors a bad name  lipsrsealed embarassed

and living up the stereotype.

I know,  Disgracing Igbo ppl

The guys with old money aint looking for your comfort or even love!!!LOL tongue, They are looking for more money to add to thier own!!!  cheesy wink Eg Yaradua's daughter marrying a governor to be his fourth wife!!

And if i can still get a whiff of your goldigging perfume from my house!! They can surely smell it when u are in thier vicinity and dats y u aint finding none of those guys!!! Babes U need a serious change of attitude!!

If u wanted to marry a man for good reasons like ambition, hardwork, love, strength.determination, brilliance and wealth!!! I would have understood if the first four came b4 wealth!!!

But u want wealth first >>>OLE BURUKU!! U WANT TO REAP WERE U DIDNT SOW!!! ONOISHI!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by posakosa(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
Easy on the babe now. She's only expressing herself. undecided undecided
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
@uju. i just told that my Portugal-based hommie with the tear-drop tattoo about you. He said you should name your price but I cautioned him that you are in it for the longhaul. He didn't seem to believe me- he mentioned something about experience.
I wonder what that was all about. Any ideas?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
Man, you guys gast to slow down with the abuse.
Una harsh ooo
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Dave6: 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
The chick dey vexxx!
Notin dey happen sha, evrybody want beta tin
But u no need condemn d others
The so called "old money" and politicians wey make the money, how many make am for thier 20s?

And you know how tins dey for naija - d only jobs na dey call since na banker and oil worker, even those ones na few go arrange themselves wit all those tins u mention if their income is based solely on their salary.
In order to get all those goodies you mentioned up there, you have to first think of getting with a focussed and ambitious person and if you must stick around you have to be at least a source of encouragement.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by factbox(f): 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin Never mind my sis in life virtually everything is achievable,keep dreaming!who knows it might come to pass.lol
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Dave6: 12:06am On Aug 19, 2009
Oops! sorry luv
All those dream articles ur sis mentioned up there are just an intro to my resume
Wanna marry? kiss
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:44am On Aug 19, 2009
@Ujujoan,

Let me just give you some pieces of advice. There are two kinds of rich (any degree) guys:

1. The smart ones.
2. The dumb ones.

If you agree, keep reading, else waka go!

Firstly, the smart ones WILL see through your personality and decipher your interest in their riches. It is now left for him to determine what to do. Most, if they consider you good enough to be married to, WILL make you sign an iron-clad prenup. That prenup will spell-out in black and white what you will get under any and all circumstances after the marriage. These prenups are not meant to look inviting and are designed to screen out potential "gold-diggers" (I know you're not one). Some may just take advantage of you and move on to the next lady - no time for much talk. The others will not give you any time, just ignore you! Also, many of the smart ones want really smart women. Are you a smart woman, or just an average Jane? If you're just average, like most people, you may not like the constant reminder that you're dumb by some arrogant rich dude. If you're smart, he may not want to be with someone who may challenge his views, after all he's already used to getting his way on most issues, it comes with being rich! Your chances here don't look that good.

Secondly, the dumb ones, the more interesting category and by far the greater in numbers, are of two kind - exposed and local champion. The local champions are not into monogamy, so get used to him telling you to your face that he plans marrying many more wives, and even has a few already. He's more likely to beat you up if you challenge him and even lock up your whole family if they try any nonsense (no be money dey talk?). He will have no respect for you, but will spend the most on you among all the different categories of rich young men. Since you are not likely to accept a philandering husband, your chances are not good. The exposed ones, still dumb, have traveled widely or in regular contact with those who have traveled widely. Less likely to punch you in the face, but will do it if you push him. Their taste for women is in the stratosphere where super models compete! Now listen, if you're not at least 5'10", slim, well-traveled, modelesque and cosmopolitan, he will not even take a picture with you, talk less of spending any finite time with you. His mental inadequacy and self-realization of that fact due to his high exposure, makes him want to overcompensate with an extremely beautiful lady! Your chances are not good.

Finally, I've laid it out for you. You can go ahead and pick your poison medicine, but I take Amadioha and Sango beg you, make you no come tell us story when yawa gaz for ya end. Na me go yab you pass! Make we pray make NairaLand last till 2020. No how no how, you go don land your guy before dat time! grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Feraz(m): 12:44am On Aug 19, 2009
B4 we judge, we shud ask her what qualification in lyf does she have? Is she a degree, masters or doctorate holder? Uju, everything in lyf is not wealth. U myt have wealth but not hapi in ur marriage. If u insist, den it's clear u don't want 2 b married in d near future.
Frankly speakin, it's ur type dat can push a guy to do terrible things he never thought of
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Feraz(m): 12:50am On Aug 19, 2009
I strongly agree wit u@richyblack
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by doyin13(m): 1:23am On Aug 19, 2009
@Richyblack

Walahi. . . You write thesis on top the subject?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by vislabraye(m): 1:39am On Aug 19, 2009
There's nothing wrong in wanting to marry a rich dude, but let's ask some basic questions

Are you worthy of marrying that kind of guy? Do you have the character , the intelligence, the beauty and class. Mind you, rich guys go for the best and you aint the only lady.

What are the qualities you look for in a man?To you wealth is every thing. hope u don't end up marrying a ritualist or 419er.

Not just a rich guy, but super rich and within the age of 28-30. Well, the people you can find within that category are footballers. celestine Babayaro is not married. Taye Taiwo is not. So you've got to position urself to catch one.

Probably your father was rich, then follow ur mother's foot step,

I'm suprised u didn't mention someone u ar attracted to. That means u don't mind having extra-marital affairs ie an affair with someone u love, while ur husband will be ur provider,

In conclusion, u're giving ibo ladies a bad name
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sosisi(f): 1:49am On Aug 19, 2009
[size=24pt]All you poor men should stop ranting and raining abuses on the girl[/size]
She said she doesn't want una kind
abeg make una comot
the girl has made her choice
Now go  find women in your lower class,Okada-mounting, molue -jumping , leggs-us league and leave her alone. grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:50am On Aug 19, 2009
abi o grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sosisi(f): 1:53am On Aug 19, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

abi o grin

Your man Richy even wrote her an epistle
na wa
Her name is Uju
The full name is Obianuju meaning  "the child that comes in wealth"

she is living out the name she was given
she is Obianuju not obianuko (the child that comes on poverty)
These indomie eating paupers should go and find their levels jor
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by kinnkw(m): 2:49am On Aug 19, 2009
1.Great requirement,You probably reside in planet Mars so you cant see the economic condition of the country you are from.
How many guy achieve that by 28?

2.Animals Like you are the reason why men find it hard to settledown because for better for worse aint for you.
For you its till the money finishes do you Part.

3.You dont have to bother about that, Legally sucessful men know where and how to meet there wives, But fraudsters and Ritualist also know where and how to buy goats like you.

4.What do you have to offer this man, besides the same hole every other slut like you has? Because its obivous Girls like you Have no brain and has never made money their lives.

5.I cant believe that are still women who thing like this after society has given women full privillege as does a man.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ekoair(m): 3:00am On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

U probably be a millionaire, if you were thinking with your head and not your 3rd leg

she stole my credit and debit card while i was sleeping!!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 3:09am On Aug 19, 2009
4.What do you have to offer this man, besides the same hole every other slut like you has? Because its obivous Girls like you Have no brain and has never made money their lives.

This fuckin whole does not even have a whole under there to even offer a poor man. The small whole you have there, others have it as well. UJU what ever you fuckin name is, I have you cry since you are not responding to any one again. You want to reap what you do not sole. Shame on you. I am a man but I must say that you brought a shame to very woman out there.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:13am On Aug 19, 2009
Wow poor dudes are really angry dudes
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 3:21am On Aug 19, 2009
There is no poor dudes here. This fuckin bitch needs to know that all living things will die one day because oneday you will day live the money and all that. Fuckin Uju, can't you want money does to your beloving country Nigeria today. You one of the people that spoil good thing to bad. What a coward bitch.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by adaku123(f): 3:29am On Aug 19, 2009
$osisi:

Her name is Uju
The full name is Obianuju meaning  "the child that comes in wealth"

she is living out the name she was given
she is Obianuju not obianuko (the child that comes on poverty)
These indomie eating  paupers should go and find their levels jor

AS D esteemed FIRST DAUGHTER OF WEALTH [DATS D MEANING OF ADAKU] I REQUEST DAT SHE CHANGES HER GOLDIGGING WAYS>HEHEHHE  grin grin tongue
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:44am On Aug 19, 2009
May poverty strike whoever say you're wrong Miss G-digger
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 3:48am On Aug 19, 2009
God gave her the two legs, two hands and brain he gave a man. Why can't she use it just like the way the kind of a man she wants to marry use his own to get to were he is. Fuckin whole golddigger who do not want to fall in love for good things but for the man has. ASHAWO.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by xyzed23: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2009
girl u haad better not be ugly with all of those demands, if your not a 9.5/10, u have nothing to offer. ok bye.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:55am On Aug 19, 2009
@poster Good luck to u. I hope Money will solve all your problems.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by bmagic: 6:41am On Aug 19, 2009
u are 70 percent wrong,why?cos d money and comfort he has today,all d struggles where done by him.so try pickin on a fresh guy, hope u know wat i mean shocked
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:36am On Aug 19, 2009
Feraz:

I strongly agree wit u@richyblack

@Feraz,

A gee need to tell da babe wetin dey happen. Thanks.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2009
doyin13:

@Richyblack

Walahi. . . You write thesis on top the subject?? shocked shocked shocked

@Doyin,

If you no write am well well dem go tink say man pikin no go skool. But pesin need to give these "I wan marry rish man" okpekes the ogbonge gist.

Thanks mate.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:13am On Aug 19, 2009
--
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by stancozy(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2009
Its a matter of choice, so many dames don't look for love, its just the reality, so when you see one and you fell you can't cope with her, i beg waka pass, but if i were overwealthy, , i will play the game on her, Well
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by stancozy(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2009
. . . But not that, if you are unlucky, you might end up single foreve and become despirate for a lesser dude. . So be wise hoo, Uju
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 19, 2009
ROTFLMAO @ most of the posts here.

What’s all these beefing going on here? I never meant for this to be a challenge to all you broke ass NL guys. I don’t condemn you guys for being broke. I just don’t want your kind!! tongue

As for the ladies with the insults, I can only say you are jealous I have the courage and boldness to go for what I want. If you want to manage with a struggling guy . . . well, good luck! Me, I want the already made. At what cost I get them is my problem and problem only! grin grin

I read this on this forum sometime ago titled 'Why you need not marry a poor man' and I quote:

‘The reality as I see it is that for a girl who marries a financially struggling guy; it’s head or tail, you still lose. Most often, when a girl marries a man who has little or no financial stability, she is forgotten when the going gets good. Look at it this way, what happens is that the wife wears herself out trying to make ends meet and carries the burden of the family. The husband gradually begins to see her as his slave or servant and treats her as one, regardless of her education and career. Trust me, I see this happen all the time. Ladies in such marriages do not buy expensive clothes and perfumes, they do not go to a Spa or gym; neither do they go for a manicure or pedicure. Their family is their life and they are ready to sacrifice their comfort for the comfort of their family. What happens? Their husbands begin to admire other ladies outside and begin to see their wives as unwanted baggage or package.

You see, when a girl marries a guy who, as they say, ‘has arrived’ or is ‘ready-made’, she has little to lose if the relationship does not work. In fact, she probably will have gained one or two things (except the guy was very miserly) to make up for her broken heart. In other words, during the moments of reflective regrets over the ended relationship, this lady would not be thinking about the labors of love she put into the relationship; how she did his laundry, cooked his meals, constantly spent time and energy trying to stretch the budget, going without a car, and on and on. For the girl who married a rich guy, after the divorce she will be concentrating on mending her broken heart. And in many cases, she will have the divorce settlement to use to try and put her life together.’

What can I say, I totally agree with it!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love / Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.