Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (29209 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
Oh yeah, what if the guys has everything but land and stuff is in the village would dat be considered or it has to be in the city jus curious
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by wakagirl: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
r231:

I just learn something new today, very very good thinking RICH NOW POOR LATER. I am beginning to like you

Really?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Uche2nna(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

T[b]he rich get poor and the poor get rich. That's life. Call me twisted, but I'd rather have the rich now and poor later, than the poor now and rich later. What I cant chance is the poor now and poor forever  grin  grin[/b]

Diff strokes for diff folks , I guess.

I do prefer working my way up, and not down.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2009
wakagirl:

Really?

yes now at least she don''t mind if he gets poor later so dat means any dumb person can come flashing cash now get married and woke one day and say oh baby we lost everything to bad investment except if she want to see documents before anything, lol
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
Uche2nna:

Diff strokes for diff folks , I guess.

I do prefer working my way up, and not down.

ma point exactly u r 2 good
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Ljay1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
@GEW

what makes you think i am a typical naija guy.
I am living very very comfortable.
But that does not mean we should not tell her what is right.
it is better to tear her into pieces now than her regretting all her life.
i am not blaming her for anything.
If you go for it, you may end up like the girls that ran after Tuface

I think you her worse than her because you sure will get married to a rich person out of love.
you are a typical naija person because you won't say the truth but support the lies.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by steve49ja(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2009
jidobaba:

Ujujoan, all this is real rich, coming from an "after-one" like you.
Humour me!!!! She's after one?? are you sure? OMD i so love nairalanders.

Even having a child already you still demand all those?
You had berra have a rethink if you wanna know what marriage feels like.

I share a story with you. . .theres this rich babe in town, happen to know her but dont like her cos her boobs are extra long but you know being rich and all, she happen to house,feed,carter for a bike rider (okada man). When the aspiring hard working men came by she must have turned deaf ears.

Another lady, super big ass, earns good money, even has a transport company, she is still single.

Who ever would come your way (when you miss out on these young ones) will only want your money but believe me you either take them or remain single forever.

I aint saying what you desire is wrong but welcome to earth, what you wish aint what you get mosttimes.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by russellino: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ poster

you say you need for the guy to be rich for you to be content in a relationship or marriage. happy marriages are the ones not founded on what one can gain, what happened to compatibilityand if i sound naive sue me but what happened to good old fashioned love.  What is scary is that you really dont realise its absurd to want to marry for someone else's money. World don spoil finish. DAMN
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by nwauwa(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
jidobaba:

Ujujoan, all this is real rich, coming from an "after-one" like you.
How did u know
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
Start from the scratch or start from scratch? This sounds like a rough diamond talking and behaving and saying shit. No man wants poverty or to remain in it even the lazy. Two ways: get out of it legally-hardwork, luck and God's special favors or illegally-all the vices.Uju has an age benchmark, wow, does she have plans to marry at all? I know not all women will tie the knot. My digression:I've a girl, final year in a fed.univ and she is cute but always down with illnesses like ulcer, typhoid I feel for her, but that may affect me financially and emotionally but she could be the one if I marry in Nigeria and another who studies in a private Univ but wants bride price, traditional/white wedding. I don't even go to churches, so why bother about white wedding sef, saying, you think you cannot make enough money to marry me, imagine so all my money will go into that, that don't you see it as an investment? -people, is horrendous spending to have a  partner ever an investment? So I don't know where to buy plots of land and building hostels for Nigerian students? So I tried to see how bendable she could be, she said they are non-negotiable that no woman can even agree to spend less-seeing her folks and paying bride prize.I don't to drop an ounce of the love I have for her.Imagine she speaks for other ladies. I'll rather marry in Canada or get a kid somehow.She's still in her early 20's but am off her hook. I won't  let my little thousands to be wiped for a wife that will not make sense to me later, that will set heights for and talk and talk alone. I always and will prefer parting with little to enjoy much with my wife and my small family.

So long as men are still in search of how to make children without having their mothers around, ladies will think we are trapped. Am happy good steps on that are being promoted and legalized. My advice to this poster, Uju,get real and just get what you want from your rich guys and get out. Nothing will last there!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by oge4real(f): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2009
What a criteria for chosing a LIFETIME partner!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
oge4real:

What a criteria for chosing a LIFETIME partner!

hahahahahah.
doesnt even matter if the guy na thief, at least na career.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
Even if I have after-one eye, I still have a choice who I want to marry. I dont have after-one eye, but that dosent make me any better than pple that do.

@Uche I know u r surprised at my 'rich now poor later' philosophy. But I'm thinking that the chances of a rich man going broke is less that that of a poor man getting rich. I know I can never be poor; even if I marry a poor man!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
nwa-uwa:

How did u find that out?  shocked shocked shocked
Duhh!! She has a picture of a 5 year old girl on her profile page. She'll say it's her niece but since her thread exposes her as being selfish we know she's hers!!
@uju, she's cute BTW.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Muzbo
OMG was that what you meant by an After one?\

I wish I had a five year old daughter  undecided

I dont blame you for beefing me sha, its obvious you are broke  tongue  grin   grin

But dont worry, I dont intend to tell anybody.  grin  grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Poster

Abeg, dont settle for less And any guy who is looking for a woman who will 'work with him' is a goat. My dear, just try listing ALL the work that is cut out for you as a woman in marriage that the man can and will NEVER assist you with. Even the Bible clearly defines that the man brings home the resources and the woman MANAGES the resources - true talk from up above.

Dont EVER go into marriage a provider, always as a Manager - that's your God-given role!!

A man who is comfortable will never seek a financial supporter. Any man who is afraid of a woman 'chopping' his money doesn't have enough in the first place - so he is not eligible! - in fact check well, he's probably living on credit!

Agreed money is not everything, but meeeeeeen, its hot on the heels of whatever is number 1 !!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by JesusDWay(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Uju. Your saying the chances of rich becoming poor is less than poor becoming rich i guess must have come from observation, but, if you are a christian, you would have read in your bible that it is the poor that God lifts from the dunghill and makes them sit with princes. The bible says he puts down one and lifts up the other. The one that is being put down obviously is the advantaged(or rich in the context of what we are discusssing) while the poor is the one that is lifted. However, i'm not saying you are totally wrong but you may want to have a rethink.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
JesusDWay:

@Uju. Your saying the chances of rich becoming poor is less than poor becoming rich i guess must have come from observation, but, if you are a christian, you would have read in your bible that it is the poor that God lifts from the dunghill and makes them sit with princes. The bible says he puts down one and lifts up the other. The one that is being put down obviously is the advantaged(or rich in the context of what we are discusssing) while the poor is the one that is lifted. However, i'm not saying you are totally wrong but you may want to have a rethink.

why preaching to the woman that has an idea of her own?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by spikedcylinder: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
A lot of people are hypocrites sha.
These same people bashing the OP for being "materialistic" will be the same ones telling you that they want their wives to be 6 ft 5" tall, 38DD breasted, 70GG assed, non hair on legs and chest, non vocal, non pimpled, non brazen, highly virgined, ex boyfriendless, highly submissive, one or two awards as super chef, Martha Stewart wannabe, super smart, at least one or 2 Phds etc. All these and she must be a youngin at 21.

Oh, you don't like that a girl also wants to and should be allowed to choose, abi? cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2009
JesusDWay:

That's being spiritual. Not that I dont believe in that, I think Heaven helps those who helps themswlves!!

spikedcylinder:

These same people bashing the OP for being "materialistic" will be the same ones telling you that they want their wives to be 6 ft 5" tall, 38DD breasted, 70GG assed, non hair on legs and chest, non vocal, non pimpled, non brazen, highly virgined, ex boyfriendless, highly submissive, one or two awards as super chef, Martha Stewart wannabe, super smart, at least one or 2 Phds etc. All these and she must be a youngin at 21.

Oh, you don't like that a girl also wants to and should be allowed to choose, abi? cheesy

grin grin grin

Dont mind dem jare. I think they are just pissed cos we are beginning to judge them like they judge us.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
i got a guy for you

the one and only tuface idibia cheesy

young handsome , rich, landed property great car, Graet job, grass to grace t grace tongue
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by MUZBO(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
@uju, yeah, I'm broke. Tell a friend! . . who's the girl then?- you? Don't make me laugh. BTW I didn't start the After-one thing, @jidobaba did. Pls read well next time.
Ujujoan:

@Uche I know u r surprised at my 'rich now poor later' philosophy. But I'm thinking that the chances of a rich man going broke is less that that of a poor man getting rich. I know I can never be poor; even if I marry a poor man!!

Tell me what you studied, grade your beauty sincerly on a scale of 1-10, then declare your assets and I'll give you 5 scenarios which might make you poor- thats assuming you don't know how to pull triggers!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Emperoh(m): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2009
Uju
I am not after your materialism or desires, but i think your projections are warped. And i dare say, unrealistic.
Thank God say u be Igbo
Just take a trip down to Alaba, Onitsha main market and Trade fair, i know a couple of them there
But shey u can stand them?

Women like you should leave hard working guys alone. Only if you can give me 10 Nigerians who became 'rich' in your standards before 30.
Then and only then. . . !! And i mean without their fther's or great grand father;s wealth!!!
Nna debelu aku!!

Be reaistic girl!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2009
MUZBO:

Yeah, I'm broke. Tell a friend! . . who's the girl then?- you? Don't make me laugh. BTW I didn't start the After-one thing, @jidobaba did. Pls read well next time.Tell me what you studied, grade your beauty sincerly on a scale of 1-10, then declare your assets and I'll give you 5 scenarios which might make you poor- thats assuming you don't know how to pull triggers!

Well its a good thing I want to marry a rich man then right?  grin  grin  grin

Dont blame me for not wanting to bear ur children, cook you food, take care of your home and also take care of ur bills. There a reason why you are the Man!!

Why are you obsessed with who the girl is? She's cute right? That's where it ends for you!!  tongue
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by freezy(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Believe it or not, that's peripheral. Most guys are very content with moderation in all ramifications. . .
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2009
Emperoh:

Uju
I am not after your materialism or desires, but i think your projections are warped. And i dare say, unrealistic.
Thank God say u be Igbo
Just take a trip down to Alaba, Onitsha main market and Trade fair, i know a couple of them there
But shey u can stand them?

Women like you should leave hard working guys alone. Only if you can give me 10 Nigerians who became 'rich' in your standards before 30.
Then and only then. . . !! And i mean without their fther's or great grand father;s wealth!!!
Nna debelu aku!!

Be reaistic girl!!

Okay 30's a little ambitious. Does 33 - 35 cut it? Cos Nigerian guys are a bit slow grin grin

Whatever, I just dont want to marry a poor man!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by russellino: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ Poster

Abeg, dont settle for less And any guy who is looking for a woman who will 'work with him' is a goat. My dear, just try listing ALL the work that is cut out for you as a woman in marriage that the man can and will NEVER assist you with. Even the Bible clearly defines that the man brings home the resources and the woman MANAGES the resources - true talk from up above.

Dont EVER go into marriage a provider, always as a Manager - that's your God-given role!!

A man who is comfortable will never seek a financial supporter. Any man who is afraid of a woman 'chopping' his money doesn't have enough in the first place - so he is not eligible! - in fact check well, he's probably living on credit!

Agreed money is not everything, but meeeeeeen, its hot on the heels of whatever is number 1 !!

@Marissa

dont misquote the bible. the bible says ''he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord'' not man make money and invite wife to enjoy.

Proverbs 31: 10 Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.

Proverbs 31: 25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31: 28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also and he praiseth her.

Proverbs 31: 29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou exceedeth them all.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sosisi(f): 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan sounds like most unmarried women especially in the teen years,  she also sounds like someone who has never really been in love.
Marrying the right man is a whole lot more important than marrying a millionaire.

he must be loving
caring
intelligent
a husband material

and he must have potentials

The highlighted part above is perhaps what Uju should look for .

A man that has a vision and a dream  and as committed to marriage as you are with all the husband qualities is a good catch.
Any woman that has money as her primary quality could leave the man when the money dries out or when she meets a man with a bigger bank account.
I don't want any of my brothers married to such a woman.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
russellino:

@ Poster

@Marissa

dont misquote the bible. the bible says ''he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord'' not man make money and invite wife to enjoy.

Proverbs 31: 10 Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.

Proverbs 31: 25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31: 28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also and he praiseth her.

Proverbs 31: 29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou exceedeth them all.

See how man dey preach all cos a woman wants a man that has money, i  hope this dude aint poor, cos bible preaching no go do am oh, Even the bible says Money answereth all things.
Ujujoan:

Okay 30's a little ambitious. Does 33 - 35 cut it? Cos Nigerian guys are a bit slow   grin  grin

Take am east with the Nigerian brothers oh
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
$osisi:

Ujujoan sounds like most unmarried women especially in the teen years,  she also sounds like someone who has never really been in love.
Marrying the right man is a whole lot more important than marrying a millionaire.

he must be loving
caring
intelligent
a husband material

and he must have potentials

The highlighted part above is perhaps what Uju should look for .

A man that has a vision and a dream  and as committed to marriage as you are with all the husband qualities is a good catch.
Any woman that has money as her primary quality could leave the man when the money dries out or when she meets a man with a bigger bank account.
I don't want any of my brothers married to such a woman.

She will help the man to make sure the money never dries up. tongue
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

Okay 30's a little ambitious. Does 33 - 35 cut it? Cos Nigerian guys are a bit slow   grin  grin

sorry if i may ask what do you do just a lil background check, do you live alone or with parents and how rich are they.

pls don't be offended you don't have to answer if you feel its too personal
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
abi she's the one that will dry up the money

I agree with osisi

You wont get any respect if you werent there when he made his money. After all who are you to say how he should spend it, were you there when he started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Transformation Of 3 Children Tortured In Akwa Ibom After Being Tagged Witches / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.