Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos (11883 Views)

Obiano Presents N166.9bn 2018 Budget To Anambra House Of Assembly / Ifeanyi Ubah Hosts Obiano Victory Party At His House In Anambra (Photos) / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:07pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:
Wrong move..The Governor is truly working but am strongly against this because I know its a pre-campaign event.

Why funding the Catholic/Anglican schools with such huge fund, whereby we pay huge fees for our kids in their schools? if your child is in one of these school, you can attest to what I am saying!

What about the private and schools been owned by the Pentecostal churches? They are always ignored due to the fact that says ''If you don't belong to either the Catholic/Anglican denomination, You can never win an election in the state''

I strongly disagree with you, all the public schools in anambra are either owned by the Catholic church or the Anglican church. Peter Obi returned all the public schools to church. I hope you understand.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by comodo: 12:11pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:
Wrong move..The Governor is truly working but am strongly against this because I know its a pre-campaign event.

Why funding the Catholic/Anglican schools with such huge fund, whereby we pay huge fees for our kids in their schools? if your child is in one of these school, you can attest to what I am saying!

What about the private and schools been owned by the Pentecostal churches? They are always ignored due to the fact that says ''If you don't belong to either the Catholic/Anglican denomination, You can never win an election in the state''

From my understanding, these were govt schools that was handed to churches to coordinate.
There are plenty of them in Anambra State especially the old schools like DMGS, QRC etc.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

the money is for govt schools managed by d missionaries.

T

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
the money is for govt schools managed by d missionaries.
T
Ucheosefoh:
I strongly disagree with you, all the public schools in anambra are either owned by the Catholic church or the Anglican church. Peter Obi returned all the public schools to church. I hope you understand.

You might b right with your assertion....what about the huge fees been extorted from us and others all in the name of attending these schools? Where are those funds going into?
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 18, 2016
comodo:

From my understanding, these were govt schools that was handed to churches to coordinate.
There are plenty of them in Anambra State especially the old schools like DMGS, QRC etc.

Mind you, these schools you mentioned are no longer government schools but missionary schools...They are so many of them in anambra stata and they incur huge fees to attend such school.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2016
Can u be specific, which school, how much?
spiritfada:

You might b right with your assertion....what about the huge fees been extorted from us and others all in the name of attending these schools? Where are those funds going into?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

Still the same fees nothing change much about the fees. both churches are not profit making organizations so their fees are not as expensive as that of Pentecostal and private schools.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Catastrophe1: 12:28pm On May 18, 2016
adegunwa4real:
But then...where is this man getting money from gan sef? And he's not owing workers o....Juss curious! Infact

Obiano for President come 2019!
internally generated revenue. alot of commercial activities going on in Anambra, and the state hv got a conducive enviroment for businesses and companys to succeed. not forgetting that Anambrarians pay their taxes.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:

Catholic owned Marist Comprehensive College - #250,000

Anglican owned St Christopher Seminary Onitsha - #140,000

Both DMGS, CKC and St Charles incur up to 30 - 50k for school fees alone!

Ucheosefoh:
Still the same fees nothing change much about the fees. both churches are not profit making organizations so their fees are not as expensive as that of Pentecostal and private schools.
uduokirika1:

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

interesting I need to verify before I reply, you may be right but if that is the case it is too much
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 18, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
interesting I need to verify before I reply, you may be right but if that is the case it is too much

please do and get back to us ....I'm damn right with my assertion! The money is too much on us despite huge money given to these missionary schools!
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by amiskurie(m): 1:20pm On May 18, 2016
Hating animals could have said a certain governor,or president is islamising Nigeria if such money is given to a school like ansar-deen schools.

You will always wail against Yoruba and Hausas blindly just because of the hatred in u.

I see no wrong in what this governor did and cant wail.just letting u knw it's not all abt wailing.You're the one dragging Nigeria back with ur hatred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by angel110: 1:33pm On May 18, 2016
I really luv dus gov uav been mai best, he has neva owe worker and still yet he is helping education may god continue to help u
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 1:42pm On May 18, 2016
Marist comprehnsive college is not a govt school.

CkC, DMGS st charles,dont pay 50,000 school fees
spiritfada:

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 1:48pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
the best policy

Dashing taxpayers money all over the place is best policy instead of spending it on education infrastructure or any other kind of infrastructure.?

What about education allocation from the state budget?

Talk about double dipping and poor and reckless financial decision...
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 1:51pm On May 18, 2016
amiskurie:
Hating animals could have said a certain governor,or president is islamising Nigeria if such money is given to a school like ansar-deen schools.

You will always wail against Yoruba and Hausas blindly just because of the hatred in u.

I see no wrong in what this governor did and cant wail.just letting u knw it's not all abt wailing.You're the one dragging Nigeria back with ur hatred.

Well said. Their reasoning is based on bigotry and hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2016
aresa:

Dashing taxpayers money all over the place is best policy instead of spending it on education infrastructure or any other kind of infrastructure.?

What about education allocation from the state budget?

Talk about double dipping and poor and reckless financial decision...
the money has already been budgeted for in d budget!

The essence of given out the money to mission for accountability. We all know d bottle neck involved in carrying out infrastructural refurbishment!

The resultant effect is glaring 'cos Anambra has taken the centre stage in academic execellence since this policy was introduced!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
Marist comprehnsive college is not a govt school.

CkC, DMGS st charles,dont pay 50,000 school fees

What are u saying in essence? Go get your facts right...

Marist is a school owned by Catholic...same as CKC and St Charles...and for your information, am not been bias here and i am damn accurate with my figures...I'm in support of the present govt but these fees these missionary schools collect are outrageous!
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 2:54pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
the money has already been budgeted for in d budget!

The essence of given out the money to mission for accountability. We all know d bottle neck involved in carrying out infrastructural refurbishment!

The resultant effect is glaring 'cos Anambra has taken the centre stage in academic execellence since this policy was introduced!

You should have started by showing us the official budget provisions in the States budget instead of your made up story...
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 18, 2016
amiskurie:

Are you from quota system region?
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 3:17pm On May 18, 2016
Who pays the salaries of teachers in Marist and who pays dat of CKC
spiritfada:

Marist is a school owned by Catholic...same as CKC and St Charles...and for your information, am not been bias here and i am damn accurate with my figures...I'm in support of the present govt but these fees these missionary schools collect are outrageous!
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2016
aresa:

You should have started by showing us the official budget provisions in the States budget instead of your made up story...
Atleast the policy. Is working for us continue with ur exotic and fantastically innovative Opon Imo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by orizucj(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

Before Ex gov Peter Obi handed schools back to mission Marist was a Private school and still a private school owned by Catholics, but ckc, dmgs, inland town girls, qrc,special science schools were govt schools. Most of them are mission schools before. The fees didn't change. Mission manage the schools while govt funds them. Infrastructures in these schools are amazing I must attest. I couldn't recognize my Alma mater St. Peter's special science school Achina when I went there last year. The students said mission manage the schools. Pls check your facts and I hope I made sense here.
God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Emyben(m): 3:39pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

Oga the Sir. I graduated from Marist. There is no iota of Governmental grip on the school. It is owned, managed and maintained by the Marist Congregation of the Catholic Church.
It is not the same with CKC, DMGS which is in the books of the government but managed by the Church as it originally belonged to them.

Marist is Strictly Private and Religious.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 18, 2016
Emyben:

Oga the Sir. I graduated from Marist. There is no iota of Governmental grip on the school. It is owned, managed and maintained by the Marist Congregation of the Catholic Church.
It is not the same with CKC, DMGS which is in the books of the government but managed by the Church as it originally belonged to them.

Marist is Strictly Private and Religious.

Marist is owned by the catholics right? that has been my stand.

What about the fund given to the Catholic Schools by the state government, wont they benefit from it?

How much was your school fees during ur time of study?

Over to you sir!
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
Who pays the salaries of teachers in Marist and who pays dat of CKC

The management of the school does that....
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
Atleast the policy. Is working for us continue with ur exotic and fantastically innovative Opon Imo

What policy is working?

You've already generated data and analyzed data, effects and results from the same money just given out that's not even cashed or spent yet? grin

Many of you are just comedians and never to be taken seriously.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Emyben(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

Marist is owned by the catholics right? that has been my stand.

What about the fund given to the Catholic Schools by the state government, wont they benefit from it?

How much was your school fees during ur time of study?

Over to you sir!

The funds is for mission owned schools hitherto managed by the Govt but now handed over to the Church.

Like someone preciously said, Marist has always been a private school and Mind you it is not under the direct jurisdiction of the Catholic Archbishop.

It is not owned by the Catholic Archdiocese who Obiano is giving these funds. It is owned by the Marist Congregation which has their headquarters in Rome and their origin at France.
And under the jurisdiction of their Superior General

As for your fee question. I started with N19800 and ended with 82K per term at SS3.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 18, 2016
Hope Anambra state will remember to pay the state traffic workers they has been owing since January till now. How are they going to feed their families? ASTA is one of them.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by MrCEO69(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2016
Sochimaobim:
The truth is that God has truly remembered Anambra. He is blessing us for what we suffered under Mbadinuju. He started by giving us Peter Obi, and after him, he personally bestowed Obiano on us to carry on from where Obi stopped.
The platform in Anambra politics now is in such a way that no governor can afford to mess up. U will be looking stupid to even urself if cannot perform as Anambra gov.
My prayer is that God remembers Nigeria at large just as he remembered Anambra.
God bless Aguata LGA
God bless Anambra state
God bless Nigeria!!!

AGUATE: From Isi-Achina. U?
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 4:58pm On May 18, 2016
Oga this is a policy started the same time Osun state govt adopted Opon Imo

Today the difference is clear acadmically btw the two states!

And u are aware of this simple truthgrin grin grin
aresa:

What policy is working?

You've already generated data and analyzed data, effects and results from the same money just given out that's not even cashed or spent yet? grin

Many of you are just comedians and never to be taken seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by chiefobdk(m): 5:15pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

let me make something clear to you.

the government schools in Anambra state wr all previously owned and built by the missionary...the government took it from them. way back.

but the administration of Peter Obi the former governor of anambra state returned all government schools previously owned by the church. he returned the schools to the church who have now proven to be better managers of educational institutions.

as it stand now the government of anambra state does not involve itself with the running and administration of the schools. all it does is provide funds to d church In d presence of the people.

to confirm u need to visit public schools in anambra. you will think they r construction yard.

UBEc sent people to anambra to understand how it works because they plan to implement the approach. cos it worked for anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Will Defeat APC In 2019 Regardless Of Federal Might – Saraki / Peter Obi, Secondus, Okowa React To Death Of Makarfi / Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.