Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos (11911 Views)

Obiano Presents N166.9bn 2018 Budget To Anambra House Of Assembly / Ifeanyi Ubah Hosts Obiano Victory Party At His House In Anambra (Photos) / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by chiefobdk(m): 5:17pm On May 18, 2016
aminho:
I hope no one will talk next tym a governor supports islamic schools in the north

the schools 're public but being managed by the church...most government schools in anambra 're located in church compound.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by scorpio1(m): 5:17pm On May 18, 2016
There is joy when there is continuity in government....keep up d good work Willie.
May all those dat love education in the house say Amen!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 18, 2016
chiefobdk:

let me make something clear to you.

the government schools in Anambra state wr all previously owned and built by the missionary...the government took it from them. way back.

but the administration of Peter Obi the former governor of anambra state returned all government schools previously owned by the church. he returned the schools to the church who have now proven to be better managers of educational institutions.

as it stand now the government of anambra state does not involve itself with the running and administration of the schools. all it does is provide funds to d church I'm d presence of the people.

to confirm u need to visit public schools in anambra. you will think they r construction yard.

UBEc sent people to anambra to understand how it works because they plan to implement the approach. cos it worked for anambra state.

Ok sir...Well noted!
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 5:29pm On May 18, 2016
uduokirika1:
Oga this is a policy started the same time Osun state govt adopted Opon Imo

Today the difference is clear acadmically btw the two states!

And u are aware of this simple truthgrin grin grin

Comedian. Please show us the previous budgetary allications and money giveaway for at least 2years..

Joker...
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by globe16: 5:38pm On May 18, 2016
aresa:

Dashing taxpayers money all over the place is best policy instead of spending it on education infrastructure or any other kind of infrastructure.?

What about education allocation from the state budget?

Talk about double dipping and poor and reckless financial decision...
talking about double dipping and poor reckless financial decision, How many state governors are still paying workers salaries from your end?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by bezimo(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2016
aminho:
I hope no one will talk next tym a governor supports islamic schools in the north

GEJ, a christian president built a number of islamic schools in the North and did none in the South, and your point is?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by slimfit1(m): 6:09pm On May 18, 2016
I was going to blast him thought it was for state schools good idea sha. It makes sense what he did .
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 6:28pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Luckysimo111(m): 6:51pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=spiritfada post=45732720]Wrong move..The Governor is truly working but am strongly against this because I know its a pre-campaign event.

Why funding the Catholic/Anglican schools with such huge fund, whereby we pay huge fees for our kids in their schools? if your child is in one of these school, you can attest to what I am saying!

What about the private and schools been owned by the Pentecostal churches? They are always ignored due to the fact that says ''If you don't belong to either the Catholic/Anglican denomination, You can never win an election in the state''

May be you are not well informed. The catholic and Anglican schools referred to here are equally government schools. They pay the same school fees with other government schools. The catholic and Anglican churches are just responsible for the management. The government can take the schools back whenever they wish. So they are not those schools owned by churches where exorbitant fees are paid. So next time check well before typing thrash

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by uduokirika1(m): 6:52pm On May 18, 2016
aresa:

I asked for budgetary allocations for the money giveaway, not news clippings.

Who budgetry allocation epp

We are satisfied with the result at hand!

Opon imo with all its budgetry allocation has not faired better. The end really justifies the means

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by osita76(m): 6:57pm On May 18, 2016
viviangist2:
The performing governor of the people, Chief Willie Obiano reiterate that education is the first Charge of his administration. Governor Obiano made this known during the Presentation of cheques of 150m and 217m to Anglican and Catholic Churches respectively Yesterday. This was given in other to support the mission schools in other to facilitate quality of education and maintain the excellent performance already achieved in the educational sector of the state .

Also, the money was equally issued according to the number of schools each of the religious denomination were in charge of. The governor thanked them for making judicious use of the fund made available to them in the past. The Governor reaffirms his commitment towards ensuring quality and standardized educational in the state .

Photo Credit : Barr Illikannu Bede Chideraa

Source http://www.viviangist.com/obiano-presents-the-cheque-of-367-million-to-schools-in-anambra-photos

Investing in human capital development is one area that Anambra state government has been according priority attention in the recent years and that will in no small measures help to put the state among the drivers of future super powers of Africa, there goes the saying that you can't keep building the city without building the man
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by chiefobdk(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2016
spiritfada:

Marist is owned by the catholics right? that has been my stand.

What about the fund given to the Catholic Schools by the state government, wont they benefit from it?

How much was your school fees during ur time of study?

Over to you sir!

marist won't benefit from the fund. because they 're not in the class of schools the funds 're meant for.

schools previously owned by missionary which the government collected and now returned to the ministry.

the good point of this policy is that anambra budget for education is reduced.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by aresa: 7:22pm On May 18, 2016
[s]
uduokirika1:

Who budgetry allocation epp

We are satisfied with the result at hand!

Opon imo with all its budgetry allocation has not faired better. The end really justifies the means
[/s]

Not interested in your rubnish, as long as you can not show us any budgetary allocations for the free money giveaway..
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by prelinctus: 8:44pm On May 18, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your rubnish, as long as you can not show us any budgetary allocations for the free money giveaway..
Oga, to be honest, that governor is trying.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Sochimaobim(m): 10:46pm On May 18, 2016
MrCEO69:

AGUATE: From Isi-Achina. U?
Umuona. Near Isuofia. U knw it?
Meanwhile, I knw Achina very well. I was in Enugu-umuonyia from prim 4 to 6. I used to come and watch Igba mmonwu at Mbara Oye on 2nd Jan. So sad they ve stopped it.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by MrCEO69(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2016
Sochimaobim:

Umuona. Near Isuofia. U knw it?
Meanwhile, I knw Achina very well. I was in Enugu-umuonyia from prim 4 to 6. I used to come and watch Igba mmonwu at Mbara Oye on 2nd Jan. So sad they ve stopped it.

yeah they stopped it, dnt know the reason sha. I mostly come to villa for Christmas. Dnt rili know the names u call but the enugu-umuonyia, i think i v heard abt it, not that far from Ebele in Isi-Achina.
Nice meet u.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Opharhe: 5:51am On May 21, 2016
amiskurie:
Hating animals could have said a certain governor,or president is islamising Nigeria if such money is given to a school like ansar-deen schools.

You will always wail against Yoruba and Hausas blindly just because of the hatred in u.

I see no wrong in what this governor did and cant wail.just letting u knw it's not all abt wailing.You're the one dragging Nigeria back with ur hatred.
What's it with your mind? Did we complain when GEJ built over 100 Almajiri Schools? Or is GEJ a Muslim? Na wa o.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by PurestBoy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
MrCEO69:

yeah they stopped it, dnt know the reason sha. I mostly come to villa for Christmas. Dnt rili know the names u call but the enugu-umuonyia, i think i v heard abt it, not that far from Ebele in Isi-Achina.
Nice meet u.

Which one be isi-achina again? I'm from Achina while my grandmom is from Akpo. Was home last over 10 years I went for burial, we usually spent Christmas when I was a kid then at village and I remember mbaraoye when masquarade performed then, I know St Charles church and there was a bush path that connect Achina to Akpo then, ai remember one stream like that with long steps to descend to the stream, places were sandy then, I'm crying now because I want to go home, my family and I are all lost here in Ibadan.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by PresidentRich: 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
HomeOfMe:
I wonder o! Could he be using his personal money too,because FG won't give him more than he's supposed to get.

that's the oil money we are talking about.
the money is coming aguleri the oil hub of the Southeast.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by PresidentRich: 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
HomeOfMe:
I wonder o! Could he be using his personal money too,because FG won't give him more than he's supposed to get.

that's the oil money we are talking about.
the money is coming from Aguleri the oil hub of the Southeast.
Re: Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos by Obdk: 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2017

Catholic owned Marist Comprehensive College - #250,000

Anglican owned St Christopher Seminary Onitsha - #140,000

Both DMGS, CKC and St Charles incur up to 30 - 50k for school fees alone!

Catholic owned Marist Comprehensive College - #250,000

Anglican owned St Christopher Seminary Onitsha - #140,000

Both DMGS, CKC and St Charles incur up to 30 - 50k for school fees alone!

the schools you mentioned re not being funded by the state government.. they don't receive anything from government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Election: PDP Divided Along Ethnic Lines - Keyamo / INEC Office Set Ablaze In Imo / INEC Denies Alleged Manipulation Of Data On IREV In Kogi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.