Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? (12902 Views)

Global Decline In Values: You Needn't Key In / Your Values: Your Value / 5 Personal Values That Would Bring You Happiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 1:16pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Nna pu eba!! cheesy

You aren't getting off that easy. 'Vulnerability of the female mind' is insulting angry

Hey darling, I wish I could trade truth for acceptability. I simply don't know how to be economical with vital facts.

Until I see a woman who hasn't been taken by empty sweet words, until I see a woman who has reigned over her hormones and emotions and is lead by pure logic, then I'm afraid, I can't withdraw my statement.

Women have vulnerable minds. Does that make me a sexist? Then by all means call me one.

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by raumdeuter: 1:18pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove

Don't women themselves claim they are emotional creatures and swayed by what they hear?
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 1:25pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:

@bold, Talk about euphemism.

Don't you mean smack in the peak of sexist and condescending?

You were the first to call me sexist. So I'm not surprised.

My words, as unsavoury as they may come, hold more truth than most female mind could carry comfortably. I won't compromise.

Now sing me that stale song once again, only this time make it louder:
#PostmannIsSexist
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by joseph1832(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:

Love hurts, chai!!! My heart dey beat like the bomb dropping on sambisa forest grin grin grin

See as your friend dey ventilate because of one yeye statement. Ice thawed in the most subtle ofmanners grin grin grin grin
You meant places? grin I'm sure most ladies wouldn't mind the feel of an Ice Cube on their _nipples grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 20, 2016
bukatyne:

What do you think of arranged marriages?
against it.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 1:38pm On May 20, 2016
joseph1832:
You meant places? grin I'm sure most ladies wouldn't mind the feel of an Ice Cube on their _nipples grin

lolz, I meant "ice" for her cold and aloof deportment.

"Thawed" for the sudden, animated and heated surge and outflow of her emotions which has always been "cold".

Who could ever believe such a carefree statement will become the causative agent to unlock her passionate side? Bwahahaha

Your active mind sha. grin grin grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 1:40pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Nah, he meant females generally
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 1:40pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:

"Thawed" for the sudden, animated and heated surge and outflow of her emotions which has always been "cold".

Who could ever believe such a carefree statement will become the causative agent to unlock her passionate side? Bwahahaha

Hey bro, back off!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by joseph1832(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:

LOL. My active mind likes being active. grin
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by lezz(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2016
postmann:

Hey bro, back off!!!
What are you talking about? Drawing up inference randomly? Hehehehe he.

Love, love love. Oya I don go. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 2:47pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:

@bold, Talk about euphemism.

Don't you mean smack in the peak of sexist and condescending?
You are very correct. I will call a spade. By what it is

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 2:48pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:

And the female mind is biologically programmed to be vulnerable. It is her source of strength and , of course , weakness too. All religious and statistical data , and real life occurrence have shed light to this.

Why stamp your feet over a trite truism that is known to both men of letters and nonreaders?

Oyibo girama. I never knew there are so many sexists on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 2:50pm On May 20, 2016
joseph1832:
LOL. In any event, you should know he wasn't referring to you, right?. Lol.
I am female so I am included in his sweeping statement. He said THE female mind is vulnerable, not 'some' female minds.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 2:54pm On May 20, 2016
lezz:

You and joseph1832 are such lechers undecided
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 2:56pm On May 20, 2016
joseph1832:

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 2:58pm On May 20, 2016
postmann:

Hey darling, I wish I could trade truth for acceptability. I simply don't know how to be economical with vital facts.

Until I see a woman who hasn't been taken by empty sweet words, until I see a woman who has reigned over her hormones and emotions and is lead by pure logic, then I'm afraid, I can't withdraw my statement.

Women have vulnerable minds. Does that make me a sexist? Then by all means call me one.

grin grin grin
So women giving vent to their emotions makes them vulnerable? I do hope you realise that the term 'vulnerable' is highly subjective? You really are a sexist, like the typical African man with a gargantuan ego angry

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by cococandy(f): 2:59pm On May 20, 2016
But that's what you are.
postmann:

You're were the first to call me sexist. So I'm not surprised.

My words, as unsavoury as they may come, holds more truth than most female mind could carry comfortably. I won't compromise.

Now sing me that stale song once again, only this time make it louder:
#PostmannIsSexist
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 20, 2016
bukatyne:

Good points.

Let the OP answer us.

There's nothing he can possibly proffer in rebuttal.
When parallels are drawn, the circumstances prevalent in the two things in comparison - in this case in the two different eras - have to be brought to the front and centre, and have to, in spades, bear similitude before it can be bucketed as a reasonable line of argument.

I thought this was entitled: 'What is the African marriage about and what is its values?'.

Discussions as usual have gone off at a tangent with little to nothing to take home.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 3:01pm On May 20, 2016
raumdeuter:
Ishilove

Don't women themselves claim they are emotional creatures and swayed by what they hear?
True, but how does that make us vulnerable?

Mind you, some, not all women are swayed by what they hear.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by cococandy(f): 3:03pm On May 20, 2016
I don't even know what to tell you.

My point is that I and some discerning people are not blind to the fact that people like you only wake up to start claiming gender neutrality when someone says something bad (even if true) about Nigerian guys' behavior. But somehow you manage to be silent when (as is the custom on this sexist forum) Nigerian women are being demonized.

I'm not fooled. No one is.

raumdeuter:

If you see the misogyny in the youth I'm sure it's also prevalent in the elderly. Which is why my first post is that both set avoid one another. Naija men avoid naija women

If you claim Naija men are evil and still end up with one of them then you're either lying or an hypocrite.

If the guys who bash nigerian women aren't married to nigerian then their case would make sense but for the women I see here who claim naija men are evil yet most of them still marry from these evil set. Maybe they desire to experience some of the evil in the men

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

True, but how does that make us vulnerable?

Mind you, some, not all women are swayed by what they hear.

Emotions makes everyone vulnerable , no human is a robot, we are all emotional and vulnerable, it depends on what certain factor triggers our emotions. and that's the truth. anyone not emotional is a monster, anyone not vulnerable is not human.
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On May 20, 2016
darkenedrebel:

There's nothing he can possibly proffer in rebuttal. When parallels are drawn, the circumstances prevalent in each of them - in this case in the two different eras - have to be brought to the front and centre, and have to, in spades, be largely identical before it can be bucketed as a reasonable line of argument.

I thought this was entitled: 'What is the African marriage about and what is its values?'.

Discussions as usual have gone off at a tangent with little to nothing to take home

That's because no one has anything to offer except the usual women be submissive unto death. "Accept cheating because your mothers did." Stop 'making' him beat you. Bla bla bla

According to NL standards, That's what African marriage is all about.
The man, his whims and nothing else.
It's that simple.

If they knew something else to say, someone would have said it.

I'll love to wake up one day and see a change in popular opinion to tune of "African marriage is all about mutual respect (not only husband respect), understanding, Love and mutual sacrifice (not one-sided sacrifice).

I'll love to see the day when and if something bad happens, people will condemn it for what it is and not say "this is Africa not the west" thereby implying that it is okay for us to accept rubbish in the name of culture.

5 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by raumdeuter: 3:15pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:
I don't even know what to tell you.
My point is that I and some discerning people are not blind to the fact that people like you only wake up to start claiming gender neutrality when someone says something bad (even if true) about Nigerian guys' behavior. But somehow you manage to be silent when (as is the custom on this sexist forum) Nigerian women are being demonized.
I'm not fooled. No one is.

What is gender neutrality or what does it mean? If what you say is true then I would expect you to avoid them and marry one of the other 2billion men in the world.

Anyone that demonizes Nigerian women should marry foreign women, you cant be saying Nigerian women are evil and while you are in a foreign country still seek the few Nigerian women as partners, Thats hypocritical

Same for the womenfolks.

There are many guys here who would say Nigerian women are evil and end it with "Thats why I only date whites/Asians/Ghanaians" etc. Those ones would be logical

But to say Nigerian women are evil and be switching from one Naija woman to another especially when you are in an environment where other races exist

Majority of ladies complaining about Naija men are currently married to those Naija men and all at least here claim to have good if not perfect relationships.

Its either you are enjoying your Naija men and are trying to scare others away from the same thing you are enjoying, Or You are suffering with your Naija man and pretending to be enjoying it

4 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by cococandy(f): 3:19pm On May 20, 2016
I'll call on you to type that when the demonizing begins.

raumdeuter:

What is gender neutrality or what does it mean? If what you say is true then I would expect you to avoid them and marry one of the other 2billion men in the world.

Anyone that demonizes Nigerian women should marry foreign women, you cant be saying Nigerian women are evil and while you are in a foreign country still seek the few Nigerian women as partners, Thats hypocritical

Same for the womenfolks.

There are many guys here who would say Nigerian women are evil and end it with "Thats why I only date whites/Asians/Ghanaians" etc. Those ones would be logical

But to say Nigerian women are evil and be switching from one Naija woman to another especially when you are in an environment where other races exist

Majority of ladies complaining about Naija men are currently married to those Naija men and all at least here claim to have good if not perfect relationships.

Its either you are enjoying your Naija men and are trying to scare others away from the same thing you are enjoying, Or You are suffering with your Naija man and pretending to be enjoying it

2 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by raumdeuter: 3:20pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:
I'll call on you to type that when the demonizing begins.

You are in US, Would you leave that Naija man and go for the non Naija man who are in the majority?

2 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by cococandy(f): 3:24pm On May 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

You are in US, Would you leave that Naija man and go for the non Naija man who are in the majority?
If you bring up a post of mine where I stated that all Nigerian or even most Nigerian men are bad, I'll answer your question.

I can't defend what I didn't say because of how you chose to understand it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:

That's because no one has anything to offer except the usual women be submissive unto death
. "Accept cheating because your mothers did." Stop 'making' him beat you. Bla bla bla

That's because the large majority of them reason in a circle. I can count the number of sensible posters here with my fingers and still have a couple of phalanges to spare.

The rest just attempt to belie their lack of intellect with Faustian language which is in most cases, not usually germane to the topic being pared. And other times their waffle is just cobblers at peak.

cococandy:

According to NL standards, That's what African marriage is all about.
The man, his whims and nothing else.
It's that simple

If they knew something else to say, someone would have said it

Nairaland is populated by Nigerians, so if it's NL standard then it's Nigerian standard. I wouldn't entirely premise on the crass & misogynistic displays on NL as most online personas are rarely mirror images of their realities(I stand to be corrected).

I still strongly believe that relationships should be a two-way street. You can't eat your cake and have it.

cococandy:

I'll love to wake up one day and see a change in popular opinion to tune of "African marriage is all about mutual respect (not only husband respect), understanding, Love and mutual sacrifice (not one-sided sacrifice).

I'll love to see the day when of something bad happens, people will condemn it for what it is and not say "this is Africa not the west" thereby implying that it is okay for us to accept rubbish in the name of culture.

Same here.
We still have a long way to go then. If the so-called educated ones still cling tightly to trite apothegms that have no bearing in these latter-days, then how much more the unlettered and everyday Joe Bloggs and Jane Doe - Corruptio optimi pessima.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Ishilove: 4:23pm On May 20, 2016
pcguru1:

Emotions makes everyone vulnerable , no human is a robot, we are all emotional and vulnerable, it depends on what certain factor triggers our emotions. and that's the truth. anyone not emotional is a monster, anyone not vulnerable is not human.
True, but postmann makes it seem like men don't have emotions, hence men are not vulnerable
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

True, but postmann makes it seem like men don't have emotions, hence men are not vulnerable

no one is without emotions. only sick people are void of emotions, unless he means men don't act on emotions
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by MrPresident1: 4:37pm On May 20, 2016
Ishilove:

So women giving vent to their emotions makes them vulnerable? I do hope you realise that the term 'vulnerable' is highly subjective? You really are a sexist, like the typical African man with a gargantuan ego angry

You are looking for 'oko Gbewudani' abi

Ok, kwantinue angry
Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by postmann: 4:56pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:
But that's what you are.

I don't mind being called a sexist by most 21st century women who have an insatiable crave for ungodly freedom.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is African Marriage About And What Is It Values? by Titilayooni(f): 5:37pm On May 20, 2016
darkenedrebel:

There's nothing he can possibly proffer in rebuttal.
When parallels are drawn, the circumstances prevalent in the two things in comparison - in this case in the two different eras - have to be brought to the front and centre, and have to, in spades, bear similitude before it can be bucketed as a reasonable line of argument.

Discussions as usual have gone off at a tangent with little to nothing to take home.
Thank you,just what was on my mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dealing With A Child's Destructive Behaviour? / Ever Worn The Same Dress With A Stranger To An Event? / What Does Marriage Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.