Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,806 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (42168 Views)

PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Bollinger(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

It all depends on his performance in 4 years time. If his performance is poor then that popularity will wear off by force in 2019.

Nothing will change in Nigeria. In fact it will get worse. How do I know this? Because Nigerians don't learn from past mistakes. Plus they are quick to throw blame around forgetting that the situation they find themselves in is the fault of every single Nigerian. All the leaders they've had so far did not teleport from mars. They are Nigerians whose citizens picked to lead them. A country is as good as it's citizens. Good citizens, good country. Bad citizens, bad country.

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by freshdude99(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.
Sad but true, you just hit the spot bro!
I think buhari will be there for 8yrs tho, my humble opinion (not a fan of his tho). Proudly 5%
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 22, 2016
I think Senate president saraki can.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by itziceskid002: 2:08pm On May 22, 2016
HUH
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Leiman100(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2016
ceejay80s:

In essence, u are say naija is a muslim country ?

So....somebody from the east can't do it
voters in the east can't make any significant change to the current equation unless they merge with either north or west, history has shown.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by blowjob: 2:09pm On May 22, 2016
SAII BABA... grin

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by goodlifehyd1: 2:10pm On May 22, 2016
richybanky:

How come dey didn't vote for Bakare in 2011? Mind u 1999 election was btw Olu Falae and Obasanjo
was about replying that post, but decided to ignore it cuz educating such people will attract insults from them. Did you notice how he/she jumped 2011 elections Imagine GEJ winning in Lagos of all places, the only state he lost in sw was osun state, this last election sw dumped him he got on the next train to otuoke yet some silly things are trying to make us believe sw ain't the main decider of naija elections

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by CSTR6: 2:10pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Like the popularity of GEJ droped in the SS/SE abi?You better forget it if Buhari kill all of us today he'd still win 2019 election beside to be Nigerias president you must have the support of the northern and south western people
Those SS/SE have never have a say in Nigerias politics and it will always be so as they were exposed during the 2015 election when they gave 95% of their vote to GEJ,no election can ever be worse than that
smh.
Because you managed to serve northern interests this time in buhari emergence, somehow, you believe the SW are now legitimate power brokers.
lol. You must think Nigerian politics began in 2015.
Why didn't OBJ lose without south western support?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:11pm On May 22, 2016
EbukaFran:
Don't mind the Ipob youth

The only reason GEJ conceded defeat was because of the total victory of Buhari in the North. It became mathematically impossible to contest the result.

The SW finished the dream by voting 61% for Buhari

Buhari has acted as a better democrat than his predecessor . PDP has won rivers, Bayelsa Taraba etc under Buhari. We know what Jonathan did in Ekiti and what he tried to do in Osun

Under OBJ, his party would have captured all these states , by hook or crook. Personally I think Buhari is a bit naive but he is a long term strategist and probably has plans we are not privy to

Is it same Bayelsa and Rivers election that was bloody because Apc wanted to rig and could not,u guys are clowns,even if Buhari is Inec chairman,Apc can't win any election in those states

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
David Mark
panama Paper
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by mandax: 2:13pm On May 22, 2016
No Nigerian can defeat Buhari or indeed, any northern president, so long as north wanted power to remain in the north.

With 20 states proliferated in the north by northern Nigeria Military Heads of State, all a northern presidential candidate needs is just five states in the south to win the presidency...

Northern military generals who created the 36 states fccucked the south of Nigeria.
But irony is that about 90% of southern Nigerians do not understand that the south started to be fccucked by the north through proliferation of undue large number of states in once one northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by danwilliams4u(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2016
Jonathan is the only person who can return power to PDP in 2019

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by tinsel: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
Don't stampede Buhari. He hs three more years to do his job. Afterall it took your hero 6 years.

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by igidaduro: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
Alot of things you people don't kn
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by wordychap: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
olatunji21:

I campaigned Vociferously for Buhari though i am currently battling with the economic downturn bt i never for once stopped believing in him..
That's u, d man in my office that campaigned so much for buhari lost his job bc his contract was not renewed, there r many more!

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
How are you too sure there will be Nigeria by 2019
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by CSTR6: 2:14pm On May 22, 2016
freshdude99:

Sad but true, you just hit the spot bro!
I think buhari will be there for 8yrs tho, my humble opinion (not a fan of his tho). Proudly 5%
He is going to win a second term though more keenly contested than it was in jonathan's time.
His victory in 2019, would be a stark reminder of the backwardness of the Nigerian state, and the hold the poorly educated northern towel heads has on the rest of the country.
I pity the SE though. Tethered to a perpetually backward nation with no hope in sight.

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by ladycomfort(f): 2:16pm On May 22, 2016
Anybody from PDP. I don't know why I don't like this buhari. May be because of his islamic party APC. undecided angry I hate that party. angry

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by igidaduro: 2:18pm On May 22, 2016
Alot of things you people don't know, come 2019 buhari will win again with a larger margin than 2015.
Look at all the yet concluded project to be completed by 2018, secondly pdp doesn't know how to play opposition atleast not yet they are only giving the app led goverment rooms to correct their mistake.
It reminds me of the europa league final when Liverpool scored first we all know the rest of the story.
We all saw their mistake and pdp were in haste to point it out and a pc we surely correct it, this 8 what a did not do.
In other news till now pdp is not balanced

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 22, 2016
wordychap:

That's u, d man in my office that campaigned so much for buhari lost his job bc his contract was not renewed, there r many more!
Different strokes...Only Tunde Fashola is Capable of defeating Buhari in the South West of today, he's also going to get a handful of vote in the SS, not too many from the east bt would flop in the north without Baba's support....

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by buksaylor001: 2:19pm On May 22, 2016
We can vote any other person or thing so long as its not from APC-

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Unsad(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
No matter how bad Buhari is,NORTHERNERS will vote for him
Man keep quiet about this northerners shii , have northerners not been voting for him before he eventually won against a Mismal govt headed by GEJ. Truth is if things continue this way till 2019 , he'll be booted out the office democratically and no northerners bloc votes will stop his ouster

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by mukhtara446(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

Why wouldn't northerners vote against their own when there is a better option and part of their own too?
cause to like yourself is more than to like somebody else in hausa da arziki a gidan wasu gwada a gidan ku (wealth to be in your house is better than in somebody's

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by ojtech8291: 2:20pm On May 22, 2016
If he delivered before the end of his tenure then, he is already winner but reverse will be the case. I bet you, there are people in Nigeria that can withstand him, if the oppositions can do their ground work very well.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by trevorhorace(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2016
What will it solve in the end. Let's focus on PMB first. angry

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by menxer: 2:21pm On May 22, 2016
@OP, for now nobody, christian or muslim, northerner or southerner can defeat PMB; the bridge we are to cross is by 2019, till then enjoy the ride. grin
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Rilwayne001: 2:21pm On May 22, 2016
only God

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by onatisi(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
,now that he is enjoying the support of south-west people
This assumption is totally and absolutely false ,dont let the Yoruba leaders in apc make you believe that the Yoruba masses love buhari or suffering . Apc has lost a lot of credibility in the south west and this is why many sw govs are afraid of conducting LG elections. Apc would have lost oyo state woefully in the last elections if not for the opposition factionalism. The stronghold of apc in the south west remains Lagos ,ogun .

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 22, 2016
CSTR6:
He is going to win a second term though more keenly contested than it was in jonathan's time.
His victory in 2019, would be a stark reminder of the backwardness of the Nigerian state, and the hold the poorly educated northern towel heads has on the rest of the country.
I pity the SE though. Tethered to a perpetually backward nation with no hope in sight.
No Election in Nigeria can be as keenly contested as Buhari Vs Jonathan... No politician in Nigeria of today can vomit Jonathan's Billion...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by OlalekanMultiD(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2016
orubebe
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by emperorchedda(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2016
chebeoc:
How some people put things in public forums as if we're all kids, southwest that vote olu falae in 1999, obasanjo in 2003 and osibanjo in 2015 are not tribalistic in politics.sometimes it's better to ignore how some people reason.
What about 2007 when they voted yar 'adua or 2011 when the voted Jonathan??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) / Where Is Channelstv's Seun Okinbaloye? / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Eri King (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.