Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,830 members, 7,844,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (42172 Views)

PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Bnladan(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2016
I've been wondering hw on earth dis article made front page. This post is nothing but a "tribalistic" and "blasphemic" post. Phrases used like "liberal muslim" and "mass illiteracy" only shows hw tribalistic and abusive d op is. I am very disappointed with d mods as well. With dis kind of posts making FP, the only thing I can say bout d mods is dat u ppl are encouraging tribalism nd abuse of religion in dis forum.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by matrix199(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2016
The same man who toppled his regime in 1985 is the only person that can win the hearts of electorates in the Northern parts of Nigeria.

Sadly, Maradona isn't in a good health.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by mandax: 2:24pm On May 22, 2016
Southern Nigerians appear the most apolitical groups in Nigeria.

Any election in Nigeria, unless north doesn't want a northerner to be president, no southern Nigerian candidate can dream of becoming president.

With the new political structure of 20 states in the north but only 17 states in the once two southern regions, usually one north in elections is assured of any presidential election win for a northern candidate

Southern Nigerians don't even understand that land mass can't be used as criterion to create new federating units, as used in creating the 36 states in Nigeria.

Three senators from each state, that leaves northern Nigeria over populating the two chambers of the National Assembly.
Thus no political restructuring can be done unless northern Nigeria is overwhelmingly favoured.

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by freshdude99(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2016
CSTR6:
He is going to win a second term though more keenly contested than it was in jonathan's time.
His victory in 2019, would be a stark reminder of the backwardness of the Nigerian state, and the hold the poorly educated northern towel heads has on the rest of the country.
I pity the SE though. Tethered to a perpetually backward nation with no hope in sight.
Honestly! But more frankly, the whole of southern Nigeria is in the same mess too just that SW refused to see it the way we do. Having Lagos alone is like 0.00001% of the abilities the SW has but they just choose to stick with Nigeria. Well lets see wat will become of our generation come 50yrs from now. I believe if Nigeria remains maybe then the arrangement must have been altered to give development a chance
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by persius555(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2016
Nuhu ribadu would habe been a viable PDP candidate, but PDPs public reputation is a dent on any personality.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 22, 2016
onatisi:

This assumption is totally and absolutely false ,dont let the Yoruba leaders in apc make you believe that the Yoruba masses love buhari or suffering . Apc has lost a lot of credibility in the south west and this is why many sw govs are afraid of conducting LG elections. Apc would have lost oyo state woefully in the last elections if not for the opposition factionalism. The stronghold of apc in the south west remains Lagos ,ogun .
I am a resident of ibadan hence u can't school me on Oyo's Politics... It is Never a Party thing in OYO, it is mostly about the candidate/individual... Do u know as at today, SDP candidate, Seyi Makimde is already assumed as the governor-in-waiting for 2019 elections?
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by olakan22: 2:26pm On May 22, 2016
enlightenedmind:

this is highly unlikely. The way PDP is currently conducting themselves it is obvious Nigerians despise dem. To win presidency ever again in Nigeria, the PDP would
1) Have to change its name completely, PDP is a dread to d average Nigerian ears.

It is impossible for PDP to win. Not cause they r even bad, but simply coz dey do not have d majority states.
PDP is also likely to loose some seats in d SS if they r not careful n conduct themselves with caution. That is of course if SS current PDP does not rig d state elections. But of cuz dis is a dream. They will rig it.
1. Nigerians don't dread PDP.
2. It was APC that made PDP look bad
3. If Tinubu, Buhari and ANPP and part of APGA had nt allied, PDP would have won.
4. APC wouldn't have been successful if the (is it G7 now or what?) PDP Governors' Forum had not met the trouble it met when Amaechi wasn't elected as the chair.
5. The SW determines the president, so if APC governors in the SW portray a good image, APC'ld have it in 3 years.
6. Buhari won't do a new term. Attempts to do so would break APC.
7. The truth is, our leaders have not changed, only their party flags and slogans have.
In conclusion, I expect a new crop of politicians to raise their heads in 2019. Till then, let's enjoy the 'CHANGE'
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by SIRKOL(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.
Nigerians will!
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bilazego(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
No matter how bad Buhari is,NORTHERNERS will vote for him

The south westerners are the most tribalistic group in the country

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by obagangan: 2:28pm On May 22, 2016
chebeoc:
How some people put things in public forums as if we're all kids, southwest that vote olu falae in 1999, obasanjo in 2003 and osibanjo in 2015 are not tribalistic in politics.sometimes it's better to ignore how some people reason.
we did vote Obasanjo, and osinbajo is Not the president. pls note I heaven being voting for Buhari since 2003
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by teebillz: 2:28pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism

Okay, let me challenge you on that. Tell me of a single instance when the south-west voted for a non-yoruba in an election where a yoruba man is also a leading contender.

1979 - Awolowo en masse
1983 - Awolowo en masse
1993 - Abiola en masse
1999 - Falae en masse
2003 - Obasanjo en masse
2007 - No Yoruba leading contender. Yar'aua with very low voter turn out
2011 - No Yoruba leading contender. Jonathan with very low voter turn out
2015 - No Yoruba leading contender. Buhari with very low voter turn out

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Bnladan(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Every analysis is based on the survival of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order,the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess or she is naturally intelligent.
ar u telln me dat Jerry Gana is from North Central? Oboi! U really sound lyk his/he was year old
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Jexyme(f): 2:28pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.

Stupid* write up from alcohol filled belly.
Check ur write up well when u are off ur drunkard mind and hangover u will see a lot of "subjected terms"..............must everyboody write??

Buffon$$$$$

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by onatisi(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2016
olatunji21:

I am a resident of ibadan hence u can't school me on Oyo's Politics... It is Never a Party thing in OYO, it is mostly about the candidate/individual... Do u know as at today, SDP candidate, Seyi Makimde is already assumed as the governor-in-waiting for 2019 elections?
Pls read my post again and try and see if there is any correlation with what I wrote and ur post. Always take time to understand a post before criticizing
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by freshdude99(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2016
mandax:
Southern Nigerians appear the most apolitical groups in Nigeria.

Any election in Nigeria, unless north doesn't want a northerner to be president, no southern Nigerian candidate can dream of becoming president.

With the new political structure of 20 states in the north but only 17 states in the once two southern regions, usually one north in elections is assured of any presidential election win for a northern candidate

Southern Nigerians don't even understand that land mass can't be used as criterion to create new federating units, as used in creating the 36 states in Nigeria.

Three senators from each state, that leaves northern Nigeria over populating the two chambers of the National Assembly.
Thus no political restructuring can be done unless northern Nigeria is overwhelmingly favoured.
I think u are wrong, and that shows u didn't learn anything from the last election.
The north isn't a bargaining chip anymore. They tried it severally and failed but wen they built alliances, they won power. That's the clear nature of our political system. If u stand alone u fail which has been the case with SE. But wen u build alliance with other region say SW, ur chances of winning is higher. Also have it in mind that NC are beginning to realize they been slaves of the north for quite a long tym with nothing to show for it.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by oluwole1211(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2016
enlightenedmind:

this is highly unlikely. The way PDP is currently conducting themselves it is obvious Nigerians despise dem. To win presidency ever again in Nigeria, the PDP would
1) Have to change its name completely, PDP is a dread to d average Nigerian ears.

It is impossible for PDP to win. Not cause they r even bad, but simply coz dey do not have d majority states.
PDP is also likely to loose some seats in d SS if they r not careful n conduct themselves with caution. That is of course if SS current PDP does not rig d state elections. But of cuz dis is a dream. They will rig it.
remember that people vote for individuals and not party any longer so if PDP are able to put their house in order before 2019 and present a credible candidate from the north they might have a chance cause there are internal crisis in APC too which can cause some of the bigwigs who decamped from the PDP to return back to PDP and the can bring down the APC if care is not taken.because these politicians know how to maneuver the gullible voters.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by tall2ce(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
Remember M.K.O Abiola won over a Northern candidate.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by freshdude99(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2016
Jexyme:

Stupid* write up from alcohol filled belly.
Check ur write up well when u are off ur drunkard mind and hangover u will see a lot of "subjected terms"..............must everyboody write??

Buffon$$$$$
Haba! Dude cut this guy some slack mehn. That so harsh. Remember you have a choice not to read at all, why spewing such hate.
*spitsout
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2016
Bnladan:
ar u telln me dat Jerry Gana is from North Central? Oboi! U really sound lyk his/he was year old
Jerry Gana is from Niger state.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Pidggin(f): 2:32pm On May 22, 2016
TITOBIGZ:
Anybody but PDP.

Are you God?
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by onatisi(m): 2:33pm On May 22, 2016
bilazego:

The south westerners are the most tribalistic group in the country
this is totally wrong. Go through the results of the last election and you will see that despite the fact that APc governors are in control of the south west ,pdp still gave a very very strong showing . The winning margin of apc in the south west wasn't landslide as Yoruba apc leaders expected .
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Odeyinigbin(m): 2:33pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=talktonase post=45857981]David Mark[/quote

Ur mumu don get PhD awaiting prof.
Who's David mark?
David mark ko davido ni
Oponu airada
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
onatisi:

Pls read my post again and try and see if there is any correlation with what I wrote and ur post. Always take time to understand a post before criticizing
Ofcourse there's, I just highlighted on One of ur point that caught my Fancy... That's don't use Oyo state internal politics to gauge the opinion of the people at the National Level...Thanks
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by matoyeh(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
even a goat can defeit him
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Bnladan(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Jerry Gana is from Niger state.
Prof. Jerry Gana is from Borno state
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by freshdude99(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2016
Bnladan:
What geopolitical zone is niger state located?
Bros research before opening ur mouth abeg. The odour can so smell for Africa weneva u do it wrongly.
Happy Sun day
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by onatisi(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2016
olatunji21:

Ofcourse there's, I just highlighted on One of ur point that caught my Fancy... That's don't use Oyo state internal politics to gauge the opinion of the people at the National Level...Thanks
seyi will never be the governor if he continues playing the game the way he is playing it.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Mufasa27(m): 2:39pm On May 22, 2016
Though it's to early to talk about the 2019 polls, but I think atiku stand a better chance, he just needs to re-trace his steps and come back home (pdp).
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by freshdude99(m): 2:39pm On May 22, 2016
Bnladan:
Prof. Jerry Gana is from Borno state
You are his father that told him he's from Borno state abi?
The odour can reach the Atlantic if opened wrongly bro, just be wise
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Justicealh3(m): 2:39pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Gbam.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by CSTR6: 2:40pm On May 22, 2016
olatunji21:

No Election in Nigeria can be as keenly contested as Buhari Vs Jonathan... No politician in Nigeria of today can vomit Jonathan's Billion...
Given the dismal leadership of the buhari administration, and the frustration and poverty in the air, i expect Nigerians to display passion that even money cannot buy. Atleast, i am certain, the usually docile SE would come out and vote enmass this time. I also expect the SS and the middle-belt to do much better in 2019.
Though i think the northern almajiri hordes both of minor and legal ages would be a bit too much to overcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / Boma Goodhead Challenges Armed DSS Officer: 'I Dare You To Shoot This Bullet'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.