Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months (23445 Views)

Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose / Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity / Fashola I Love Your Beautiful Tincan - Apapa Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Ajibel(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2016
odomanis:

You are referring to a different statement . The subject matter is not where he said he can or will, it is where he said that a serious government will fix power in 6 months.

Please read below:

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

Full link https://www.nairaland.com/2189424/provide-stable-power-eight-months

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Ajibel(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2016
kombitel:
Oga

Please go and pick up APC form so you can lie officially.
Never absolve a politician of their responsibilities.

If he cant give the whole Nigeria, At least he can do lagos.
The lies are not healthy for us as a nation!
The man should sit up and prove to us that its not rocket science.

Cest Fini

erico2k2:

U blind ni
Plz read the post by Rose2014

Please read below:

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by udy4real(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2016
naturalwaves:

Yeah, because you have a low self esteem such that you cannot say what you feel. Can you please paste the writeup of where he said he would fix electricity in 6 months?

What country do u come from,because am sure ure not a Nigerian
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by naturalwaves: 10:16am On May 25, 2016
Legitbaba:

I wasn't talking abt the statement allegedly made by BRF.... wether he said such or not is not my concern.....buh it was very disturbing, with d way u came in with the argument of prices of PM's nd crude oil .....which everyone knows if oil prices are high...PM's price would b high too...buh u believed the opposite is the case
Okay. Check my writeups again, I said normally, it is supposed to vary directly if both ends i.e the crude producing part and the refined producing part are the market determinants but as it is, Nigeria does not seem to be a market determinant as some countries have even boycotted our crude. So, that is what is responsible for the converse.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Nobody: 10:18am On May 25, 2016
That Awkward Moment when Minister of Power says "I didnt Promise Regular Power in 6 Months"

Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by donguutti: 10:22am On May 25, 2016
naturalwaves:

Okay. Check my writeups again, .

Accept your ignorance of some things, learn and let it go,,,,,whether you have the refinery determinant or not ,
if crude prices go up, PMS would go up.....USA has started buying 400k barrels of Nigerian crude, but that
would not affect Nigerian gasoline prices.You can look up prices of Gasoline and crude oil correlation charts,
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Candyrain(m): 10:26am On May 25, 2016
Rose2014:

Sweetheart

Good day love. How are u?
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Legitbaba(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2016
naturalwaves:

Okay. Check my writeups again, I said normally, it is supposed to vary directly if both ends i.e the crude producing part and the refined producing part are the market determinants but as it is, Nigeria does not seem to be a market determinant as some countries have even boycotted our crude. So, that is what is responsible for the converse.
Sorry....I don't know where you learnt your economics ...buh from d little I know (I don't know much of economics BTW).. it's always been inverse....high oil prices leads to high prices of the by-product.....simple logic...
I appreciate your opinion...nd ur arguments by not going the abusive or name calling way...
Kudos for that
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by kutchs: 10:30am On May 25, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
where are the lies? U guys are dunces... grin grin

Did it even take up to six months before the improvements in power supply in the country?

In the history of Nigeria, we peaked at more than 5k mw. Now. Is it his fault that your primitive clan is blowing up pipes that supply to the plants?

Are you guys deliberately dumb or just naturally stupid?
Just shut the hell up candle wax.

The improvement in power supply after you guys took over has absolutely nothing to do with you that much your messiah Buhari even confirmed. It's a shame, however, that you cannot maintain what you were given. A serious govt would have built on the legacies and gains of the Jonathan's govt.

Ina any case, vandalism and blowing up of gas pipelines didn't start today, it didn't even start with Jonathan but he found the best way to handle it to ensure oil and gas flow but your clueless masters can't and won't.

Fashola knew the challenges the Jonathan's govt faced as an insider when he made the promise to vix power in 6 months. He knew how difficult it was given the challenges but to impress goons like you he went about saying rubbish. Why do you make excuse for him.

Tell him to give us power or just shut up.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by naturalwaves: 10:31am On May 25, 2016
Ajibel:

Please read below:

Thanks for the clarification. Most of them only read sensational headlines and not content.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by porka: 10:31am On May 25, 2016
That has always been the problem with below average performance. When the guy built a heavily tolled 4-lane 1.3km link bridge in Ikoyi, the 'whole world' was not allowed to rest. We were told that was the best thing to happen to Lagos since the Portuguese left.

The guy was lighting Lagos streetlights and 'A COMMUNITY IN LEKKI' with diesel powered generators only to come and tout his 'expertise' in power generation.

Now, even to maintain power supply already provided for ordinary Asokoro district before the 'super minister' took office is becoming more than 'rocket science'.

It is like a boy 'dusting' his mates in a village school who suddenly found himself in a city school. The boy suddenly found he has always been a mediocre. The realization of his inadequacies was too much to bear.

'Omo toni baba'un o la, omo toni baba'un o lowo lowo, enu e le kosi yen'.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Rose2014: 10:34am On May 25, 2016
Candyrain:

Good day love. How are u?

I'm fine honey. U've bn scarce like tomatoes these days
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Inova(m): 10:34am On May 25, 2016
Rose2014:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Whatever u do, always Beware of karma, it's real grin
I cant believe you are quoting a gossip site. ....
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by anonimi: 10:34am On May 25, 2016
naturalwaves:
Let me check. Be right back!
* Modified
This excerpt was taken from the same writeup of that news.

“I understand that I am not an economist; they (Federal Government) are the economists. But I have some logic and common sense to ask critical questions.

“For instance, if one buy flour at N10 per kilogram, and the bread was sold at N1 per loaf. If the price of flour drops, the price of the bread should also change,” Fashola added.

- See more at: http://www.elombah.com/index.php/reports/7242-oil-slump-bring-down-fuel-price-immediately-fashola-to-fg-archive#sthash.8cgewX9N.dpuf

...Based on the excerpt, we can say Fashola did not rule out the possibility of errors being in his thoughts. His expression was a mixture of assumption (not being an expert), query and some little harmless politics. If you finish reading the right up, you would see that it was reported that he URGED the FG to...................... That is more or less a constructive criticism and not an outright assertion.
cc:anonimi

You are only being clever by half just like the smart crook whom you are defending with long, winding tales.
The elombah.com link you provided had this at the beginning, not so

Fashola who blasted FG for its reluctance to adjust the pump price of PMS, made the remarks while addressing hundreds of youths at the Lagos State and After School Graduation Development Centre, AGDC, IGNITE Employability Project 5, Ikeja.

He lamented that Nigerians were not receiving fair treatment from the central government like others in oil producing nation.

Fashola said, “Now we should be enjoying cheap fuel if the price of oil has dropped globally.

Even as we import the product, a major component has reduced in price and while this has reduced, the pump price of fuel in the country still remains the same.

“Then something is wrong. If the price increases in the country when the price of oil goes up globally, then it should also reduce when the price of oil drops.

- See more at: http://www.elombah.com/index.php/reports/7242-oil-slump-bring-down-fuel-price-immediately-fashola-to-fg-archive#sthash.8cgewX9N.g9YlyqZM.dpuf

You can keep trying to spin Barawo rogue FashOle, BRF's hypocrisy as much as you like.
You cannot change what he said on record.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3753222_3730275cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3689275cf7ol5uukamuh0gjpegaae40b08853e50bfc9f2ff91d6ec0b75jpeg6e866443a0d48e8dbe61959cf67dd92d_jpeg_jpegdb8079debc1d2935e6c0847649d632d8
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Rose2014: 10:36am On May 25, 2016
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by micxwell(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2016
Boosit!!..... in Falz's voice
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Candyrain(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2016
Rose2014:

I'm fine honey. U've bn scarce like tomatoes these days

Hahaha I've been quite busy recently but I'm back for now. And honestly this scarcity of tomatoes have become a predicament.
Tomato paste stew is the way to go now.

How's it going at work place?
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by naturalwaves: 10:51am On May 25, 2016
Legitbaba:

Sorry....I don't know where you learnt your economics ...buh from d little I know (I don't know much of economics BTW).. it's always been inverse....high oil prices leads to high prices of the by-product.....simple logic...
I appreciate your opinion...nd ur arguments by not going the abusive or name calling way...
Kudos for that
yeah, everyone knows it should vary directly normally but that is if everything is alright but there is more to it in Nigeria........Look at these excerpts.....

Speaking with The Guardian on why petrol price is still high in Nigeria despite the declining crude oil prices, Head, Energy Research, Ecobank Development Company (EDC) Nigeria Limited, Dolapo Oni said: “The first is devaluation. As we are fully dependent on imports for our petroleum products currently, we are exposed to the higher foreign exchange rate compared to last year. As oil prices continue to drive lower, the demand for ships to buy the crude for storage till prices recover has forced the freight rate of ships to increase, thus the freight component of getting the products into the country has also increased.

According to him, “the share of the nation’s resources committed to fuel importation and fuel subsidy is horrendous and perhaps scandalous, since declining oil price was supposed to moderate the cost of petrol.”

On why there was no reflection, Yusuf, an economist, said the country did not have a downstream market because government fixed all the prices with all manner of interventions, like subsidies.

“We don’t have the kind of market mechanism that can easily reflect changes in some parameters. Even if it reflects, it will not show. If we have such a market, competition will force prices to come down. In the downstream, we don’t have what is called a proper market, so the reflections happening in the global arena can hardly reflect locally.

To the past Head of the Department of Petroleum Engineering and the Deputy Director, Centre for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law, Dr. Olugbenga Falode: “It is a demand and supply scenario that you see everywhere. If the demand is high and the supply is short, the price will go up. It is quite unfortunate that Nigeria’s refineries that were built to refine the country’s crude oil are not producing up to full capacity which has made the country to depend on importation of petroleum products.”

Falode therefore called on the Federal Government to resuscitate refineries and make them work to full capacity to meet local demand for petrol.

So, you see, it is a whole lot of problems that made ours to be converse and the government is now taking steps. The truth is , it will take a while before such reflects. So, for now, with respect to crude and pms, there can"t be a direct variation till there is a stability.
Source was from Gaurdian, Dec. 2015,
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Get2go: 10:52am On May 25, 2016
Just negodu..

Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Rose2014: 10:54am On May 25, 2016
Candyrain:

Hahaha I've been quite busy recently but I'm back for now. And honestly this scarcity of tomatoes have become a predicament.
[b]Tomato paste [/b]stew is the way to go now.

How's it going at work place?
Ofe akwu all d way for me

I've bn fine thanks love. I'm home
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Candyrain(m): 10:54am On May 25, 2016
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Rose2014: 10:55am On May 25, 2016
Candyrain:

Sometimes trying to educate zombies can be enervating
Chai cheesy
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Candyrain(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2016
Rose2014:

Ofe akwu all d way for me

I've bn fine thanks love. I'm home

Ofe akwu? Well I'll have to wait for u to come prepare dat, I don't see myself preparing it, I don't even know where to start. Hahaha
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Rose2014: 10:59am On May 25, 2016
Candyrain:

Ofe akwu? Well I'll have to wait for u to come prepare dat, I don't see myself preparing it, I don't even know where to start. Hahaha
Lol n smh If I call u aje now, u'll quickly deny as usual

Yea I'll make it for u
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by ClintonDal(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2016
Ajibel:
That's the real truth. Fash never promised he will solve Nigeria's power problems in 6 months.

I remembered when he made that statement when he commissioned an IPP in the Island.

He was speaking to Lagos that he could and not to Nigeria.

Those who followed events back then in Lagos would know that the discos frustrated his efforts to extend his IPP projects to the masses and also because power generation was in the exclusive list of the FG.
Your zombie level is at its highest peak. Say the truth and shame the devil.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by naturalwaves: 11:07am On May 25, 2016
anonimi:

You are only being clever by half just like the smart crook whom you are defending with long, winding tales.
The elombah.com link you provided had this at the beginning, not so

You can keep trying to spin Barawo rogue FashOle, BRF's hypocrisy as much as you like.
You cannot change what he said on record.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3753222_3730275cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3689275cf7ol5uukamuh0gjpegaae40b08853e50bfc9f2ff91d6ec0b75jpeg6e866443a0d48e8dbe61959cf67dd92d_jpeg_jpegdb8079debc1d2935e6c0847649d632d8
As you can see, I quoted Fashola word for word. The part you highlighted was just the expression of the writer.....The blasted part. Anyone could use that. That makes you clever by a quatre too if you do not know how writers make sensational writeups.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Candyrain(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2016
Rose2014:

Lol n smh If I call u aje now, u'll quickly deny as usual

Yea I'll make it for u

Aje gini? Biko kwa Nne before Fulani herdsmen come thinking I'm Bill Gates lolzzz
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by Gamesmart: 11:53am On May 25, 2016
PROPHETmichael:

source: http://www.punchng.com/didnt-promise-regular-power-six-months-fashola/

Mr Fashola, you may not have directly promised regular supply in six months but i remember you saying, "a serious government will fix the power problem in six months". So is this an indictment on this administration that they are not a serious government?

Why don't you answer your own question, we will like to hear what you think.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by stankezzy: 1:14pm On May 25, 2016
Na waa ooo for apc people

Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by mikolo80: 1:31pm On May 25, 2016
anytexy:

You mean OBJ that is now PMB special adviser and a saint? LOL
eggzatly ,pmb has realised you cannot win election without crooks. so play one set of crooks against the other. now apc will be forced to work so they don't lose election otherwise na exile tinz unto pdp retaliatory probe.he just setting the ball rolling. just like if you want to reduce population of cultists, frame one group of killing another and watch them decimate themselves
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by mikolo80: 1:33pm On May 25, 2016
ajebuter:

PDP is the worst tag you could call them, yes: thieves, corruption-personified and looters.

But they never claim to be saints like APC and they never deny responsibilities, or make promises they can't fulfil or blame others for their ineptitude and failures after one year in office.
which responsibility
which promise did they keep.
they failed for 16 years.
do you know how much talent it takes to fail so tey you couldn't win election with Federal might and sharing of 2 trillion In 6 weeks.? mega failure.
Re: FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months by mikolo80: 1:37pm On May 25, 2016
luvbeloved:
....you no dey shame? seriously! Is that the issue here?
shame for Wetin, what's the issue. you do whatever it takes to get elected. lie steal cheat kill bribe, stomach infrastructure, real infrastructure. pdp chose the first 5,apc used all. we won. suck it up till 2019.you think sharing of trillions is child's play, this is war. you're here speaking English. no room for Shane In politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Aides Tense Over Babachir, Oke Suspension / 2019: Dr Hadiza Balarabe May Emerge El-rufai’s Running Mate / Man Climbs Telecom Mast To Protest ‘land Encroachment’ By Atiku’s AUN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.