Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (36664 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 8:01am On May 27, 2016
TellingItAsItIs:

I have nothing else to say to you "child of God that dsnt insult pple online".
My word stands.
Bye.
Then shut it and get out...aren't you going to work?
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 8:21am On May 27, 2016
[quote author=kaziblake post=46008927]Then shut it and get out...aren't you goin
You should ask yourself that question
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by kaziblake(f): 8:26am On May 27, 2016
[quote author=TellingItAsItIs post=46009511][/quote]You can't even quite someone..yiu are quoting me like a 5yr old child..oops I forgot 2day iis children day..happy children day kid smiley
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 8:38am On May 27, 2016
dokiOloye:
d dream of d average Igbo parents is for d son/daughter to marry from the next compound in their village if possible but then,if the son/daughter insists from marrying outside,there is nothing they can do esp if they go ahead and marry and d babies start coming.
The Igbos I know are no longer so strict on that esp when d said daughter/son in law is naturally a good person and is hardworking etc.

That is for you.....and keep it
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 8:40am On May 27, 2016
TellingItAsItIs:

I don't care if you are from a mixed tribe but I know you are definitely not mixed with igbo.
So leave igbo cultural issues for the igbos instead of promoting disunity amongst us.
This is the problem with mixed tribe kids as you guys are neither here nor there.
Have a nice day

That is it....he even said that he is from mixed tribe as if there is a tribe in Nigeria that is called mixed

Mixed tribe kids always confused since 1764 AD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 8:41am On May 27, 2016
Ooni:
this is why ibos see us as inferior.

Gbam ....they jettison theirs and ogle at others
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by hectorswag(m): 8:56am On May 27, 2016
kaziblake:
O ti pari niyen..Nothing as good as having a man who would stand by you...My dear joor move on

LMAO @ Oti pari niyen!

This is sooo interesting cheesy
grin grin
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by chrispratt: 9:35am On May 27, 2016
kaziblake:
My male friend fiancee parent also refused him to marry their daughter because he is from abia and she is from anambra state..He his even on nairaland.
Anambra sees their selves superior to all igbos

That's funny cos I'm from Anambra and he was from Imo lol. I guess different people different experiences. No need to generalize.

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Dainikel(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2016
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]As an igboman who have nothing against other tribes in Nigeria, I will like to ask you to do the right thing by refusing to marry my brother.
We igbos care about out genetic integrity and genetic hygiene so much that we find it difficult to dilute the genes of our progeny with that of people with inferior genetic makeup.
This same thing is happening in the north where the superior Fulani blood is gradually been diluted with threat of the Chadic and Proto kwa inferior elements.
I am a product of a mixed race marriage and my mother is Yoruba. As such I have always hated myself and always quarrel with my father for diluting the blood of eri that flow through my vein with that of the Yoruba race.
It is better for all Africans to allow the igbos remain pure since just like the Germans are helping Europe today,igbos will be the savior of the black race.
I have nothing against other tribes or people but I strongly believe in the blueness of the Igbo blood and I have no problem with people believing in their own blood too.
In other to return my progeny to their initial height, I have decided to marry only a lady from the purest Igbo stock that can be found only in anambra(onitsha inclusive since the few Benin blood have been assimilated and over diluted with obosi and Ogidi material)Enugu state and asaba areas of delta state(agbor exluded due to Benin admixture)....other Igbo state have these kind of people but it is now difficult to detect since a lot of dilution have happened over the years especially in imo[/size][/b]
I have read uncouth statements here but I think this one takes the cake...very appalling write-up to say the least. If really what you typed in here is true, your mum has got to read this. Crap!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Jaygrl(f): 11:29am On May 27, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Boy....egbuwara gi isi.idi egwu
ROTFL,you don see madness wey pass your own abi grin
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Jaygrl(f): 11:44am On May 27, 2016
Tijay90:
Contrary to what many think,when you marry someone,you marry that person ALONE...Not his/her family...you've got two options: Get married(if you both wanna), or: end an otherwise wonderful relationship because of tribal (perhaps religious) bigotry...the choice is yours.
Oga are you married I don't think so
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by cheruv: 12:29pm On May 27, 2016
dragonking2:
In the past Igbos were not too tribalistic but now Igbos are very tribalistic. Its a big shame embarassed embarassed
I'd say its a big plus for them actually...
These days when Nigerians are contemplating to exterminate the great Igbo race,you still expect them to exhibit Zik's stupidity? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:30pm On May 27, 2016
Jaygrl:
ROTFL,you don see madness wey pass your own abi grin

Lol

Me I no mad just stating the obvious

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 12:31pm On May 27, 2016
cheruv:

I'd say its a big plus for them actually...
These days when Nigerians are contemplating to exterminate the great Igbo race,you still expect them to exhibit Zik's stupidity? undecided

LoL
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by cheruv: 1:09pm On May 27, 2016
tomzman:

Bros, 12 years! shocked Respect!
Sorry o but how old was she then, 15 or...?
I'd blame the girl to start with... Dating someone for a dozen years without any laid out plans?
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Amhappy(f): 4:01pm On May 27, 2016
SweetGuy225:
After you're married you can appease his parents with your charm and goodwill.

This works for someone who does not like you not one that refused to accept you.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Amhappy(f): 4:06pm On May 27, 2016
legalspices:

He is from IMO...orlu to be precise

Haa i think say na my Anambra brother. You still got a chance,their people are more flexible.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 27, 2016
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]As an igboman who have nothing against other tribes in Nigeria, I will like to ask you to do the right thing by refusing to marry my brother.
We igbos care about out genetic integrity and genetic hygiene so much that we find it difficult to dilute the genes of our progeny with that of people with inferior genetic makeup.
This same thing is happening in the north where the superior Fulani blood is gradually been diluted with threat of the Chadic and Proto kwa inferior elements.

I am a product of a mixed race marriage and my mother is Yoruba. As such I have always hated myself and always quarrel with my father for diluting the blood of eri that flow through my vein with that of the Yoruba race.

It is better for all Africans to allow the igbos remain pure since just like the Germans are helping Europe today,igbos will be the savior of the black race.
I have nothing against other tribes or people but I strongly believe in the blueness of the Igbo blood and I have no problem with people believing in their own blood too.
In other to return my progeny to their initial height, I have decided to marry only a lady from the purest Igbo stock that can be found only in anambra(onitsha inclusive since the few Benin blood have been assimilated and over diluted with obosi and Ogidi material)Enugu state and asaba areas of delta state(agbor exluded due to Benin admixture)....other Igbo state have these kind of people but it is now difficult to detect since a lot of dilution have happened over the years especially in imo[/size][/b]

Since your blood is 'diluted' - as you say - do not marry and procreate or else you will pass on your 'diluted blood' onto your innocent children. grin

And please, go see a psychiatrist along with the five folks who liked your in.sanely id.iotic post.

No apology!

My heart goes out to your parents. I hope they have other children and can treat you like you deserve to. If you were my son (God forbid), I would disown you and make you forever regret the day you were born.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by cococandy(f): 4:31pm On May 27, 2016
No sense.
Zero sense
As in mumu
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]As an igboman who have nothing against other tribes in Nigeria, I will like to ask you to do the right thing by refusing to marry my brother.

6 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Osinitu(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2016
Just be very prayerful about it... I'm also presently in your shoes. I'm Yoruba by tribe who never thought of the idea of marrying an Igbo girl but fortunately or unfortunately, I fell in love with one during my service year. Now her parents her warning her against marrying any other tribe.

I'm praying fervently for God's perfect will to be done..

All the best!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Nyceguy92: 11:36pm On May 27, 2016
skywalker001:
Yea datz true... Love only is not enough when it comes to marriage

Please tell me, what is greater than love in marriage?
Don't they say love conquers everything or are we being deceived?

Could you explain your stand some more?
It is not just enough to take a particular view of things just like that.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:56am On May 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
Advice is when we know the truth in our heart yet we want to be told something else

Madam,marrying him is one thing and fighting the war that will come is another

In Igbo land ....you don't just marry a man you marry the family. Can you stand the hit...what if trouble comes in the marriage ..who do you run to? We know that trouble comes in the marriage. How will you feel if your mother in-law isn't talking to your mother

Get ready for the war
Left for me stay away and don't marry that dude

Love isn't enough in marriage ....the main thing is compatibility and it seems culturally and psychologically you guys lack it

This is to avoid had i known

Will you be able to join umuada
Will you be able to identify ogiri isi for his mother
Will you be able to tuo nja
Will you be able to re ure for umunna

Think well don't let prick do the thinking for u

That's all
Mr, you are making it seem like we don't have Yoruba ladies who are happily married to Igbo men and vice versa. These are all baseless, they are just being tribalistic, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:59am On May 28, 2016
richyblink1:

Oga, you make it seem like marrying an Igbo man is world war 3. The point you listed there are all meaningless if the man have balls and stand his grounds.

I am igbo while my better half is Akwa Ibom. Yet the sky isn't cracking . The man in question should be able to talk to his parents and make them understand where his happiness lies.

Let's stop encouraging tribalism and encourage one another to resist it gently till it's corrected
Bless you brother.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:06am On May 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Oga what is meaningless

Let us start encouraging people marrying their likes ...it's not a nive thing disobeying parents just to marry

We will all be parents someday so why will you advise somebody to disobey

And why should a lady throw herself on a man that his family doesn't want her...there should be dignity

Why can't the lady simply walk away and let the man sort this thing out of he really wants

This is shameful a lady comes to public forum to lament about Igbo man not marrying her...for Christ sake sue can find men in her tribe or is her tribal men not marriage material

This is shameful ..and for a lady for that matter ...we know husbands are scarce but there should be dignity NAA

A man should be the one doing the chasing .....
With all due respect sir, this your point is baseless and you seem to me like a tribalist. Please how is she chasing a guy? Oh she has lost respect because she is asking for advice? Please wake up from this tribalism it doesn't and will not help us.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:12am On May 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

To you am a tribalist and that is not a bad thing
But to me I am a realist and that is an awesome thing

Everyday here in Nairaland people will complain igbo this igbo that ...it's becoming shameful
They will complain that Igbo won't marry them , therw parents won't let them marry them.

This is sickening and despicable

How many times have you seen an Igbo man or woman cry that the other tribe won't let them marry them

This is such a shameful thing...people throwing their selves on igbo....igbo are just human and this whining should stop
Oh my God, really? Is this coming from a married man of over 6 years? By the way we have seen Igbo ask for this type of advice so don't make it look like it's only Yoruba who does it all the time. You are really a tribalist and not a realist like you claim to be. No insults please, I am just disappointed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:15am On May 28, 2016
legalspices:

He is being a committed,obedient first son and first born of the FAM, laying good examples cry
The best advice is for you to move on with your life, just live and love and everything will fall into pce for you. wish you all the best dear.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:16am On May 28, 2016
legalspices:

He is being a committed,obedient first son and first born of the FAM, laying good examples cry
The best advice is for you to move on with your life, just live and love and everything will fall into place for you. wish you all the best dear.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Ayoolajumoke(f): 1:36pm On May 28, 2016
Ooni:
u can now continue with ur fake bible bible quoting my two-faced yoruba sister claiming ibo. That is why other tribes dont marry you people except we yorubas. U guys are burden to us. That is why we marry second wives. Even our ooni married from Edo.

Gerarahia you yiibo man hiding under the moniker of a Yoruba man... has your self esteem dropped to the level that you can't say it bluntly that you are yiibo?

Yoruba wannabe.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by richyblink1(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Bless you brother.

Bless you too sister
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by IkpuMmadu: 3:59pm On May 28, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Oh my God, really? Is this coming from a married man of over 6 years? By the way we have seen Igbo ask for this type of advice so don't make it look like it's only Yoruba who does it all the time. You are really a tribalist and not a realist like you claim to be. No insults please, I am just disappointed

Am a tribalist
Am a realist
I might be an illusionist

Choose one
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Masterclass32: 10:59am On May 29, 2016
TellingItAsItIs:

It's IGBO
stop this Imo and anambra igbo thing you harbingers of separation and disunity. IGBO IS IGBO. An IGBOs state of origin dsnt make him more or less igbo.
Stop this segregation amongst our pple.
We don't say ekiti or OGUN Yoruba is dis or dat. Respect yourself. You are warned

Na you make sense pass for this thread.

To the op, I hope u achieve your desire.
Re: Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? by Tijay90(m): 7:55pm On May 30, 2016
Jaygrl:
Oga are you married I don't think so
...asks a question, proceeds to provide desired answer...simply Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos / Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.