Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (617526 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 2:55am On Apr 13, 2010
yjay:

u ll probably be using 3 or 4, the reason why i say u need to be sure is cos i started using the clarifying lotion 4 abt a mth now cos my face is oily, u start to see results in abt 3 days no joke, but the trick is its a bit harsh so it tends to dry out or cause rashes after a while, so wat u do is after the first few days, u probably dont need to use as much, i use mine once a week now, my face looks like a million bucks, its that good, u start for a couple of days & see how your skin reacts to it & take it from there,
I don't have sensitive skin so I didn't have the same experience. . . I agree with everything else though.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by pweetygal(f): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2010
Pls guys,naturaly i'm a fair girl bt lately i've bn getting darker mayb cos of sun.I need a gud body cream with spf dat is affordable nd cn b found in Nigeria.A gud bathn soap or shower gel wil also b helpful.thanks.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 8:21am On Apr 15, 2010
Lol. To be able to answer your question, one would have to take inventory of the stock in every beauty shop in the country. Lots of creams have been reviewed here. The obvious solution is to look for them near you and if they can't be found, choose the best from what's available at your beauty store. It isn't name brands that matter, but the ingredients.

@ubiaa5
I'm good hon!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2010
Started using this Olay product four weeks ago, spf15
impressive,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by jammal: 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2010
pls anybody in kd? dat knows where i can get meladerm? d spots on my face is sometin else. i jus look forward 2 a permanent solution. tanks in anticipation. still waitio!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2010
@ Gamine----pls where did u get urs, for how much?

since i discovered olay, i have switched from neutrogena to olay----------m happily an olay girl. their products are amazing! and does as much as it says it would!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2010
@Steaming

Err, where are you?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 7:36am On Apr 19, 2010
@ Gamine-------lol, i live at Canan, but currently at Abuja. ,

k, forget location if its different from mine, how much did u get it for?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 11:54am On Apr 20, 2010
I was given,

Canan?
dont know where that is, but,
you may be able to get it at 3k
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2010
@gamine,
is it specially formulated for light skinned people cuz am dark skinned
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ gamine----fanx alot girl! i'll luk for it here in Abuja.

in btw, Canan-----d land flowin wiv milk and honey cool

@ mitchy, dark skinned can use it too, read some reviews on it and it seems ok for both fair and dark.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
@Mitchyy
theres also the 'dark' one

@Steaming
i see, lol
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2010
pweetygal:

Pls guys,naturaly i'm a fair girl bt lately i've bn getting darker mayb cos of sun.I need a gud body cream with spf dat is affordable nd cn b found in Nigeria.A gud bathn soap or shower gel wil also b helpful.thanks.
I use Ambi Even and Clear Daily Moisturizer. It has SPF 30, which is highly recommended if you live in a place with lots of sun. With an SPF 30 lotion, you don't need sunscreen. It also helps even out your skin tone. Soap: Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2010
@jammal
Don't use Meladerm for spots. Use a 20% salicylic acid peel. That's the only thing I know that works wonders and returns your face to its pre-spot smoothness. There's an excellent alternative in CLEARASIL. Try one or the other.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by pweetygal(f): 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2010
@shillin,thanks a lot.Pls hw mch does ds Ambi soap nd cream cost?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by jammal: 5:45am On Apr 22, 2010
MAD_MAX, THANKS 4 D ADVICE. BUT WHICH PARTICULAR CLEARASIL PRODUCT ARE U RECOMENDIN? COS I REMEMBER I'VE USED D DEEP CLEASING TONER, IT WAS GOOD THOUGH. RIGHT NOW AM USIN CLINIQUE CLARING LOTION 4, ITS BEFN AWESOME BUT D SPOTS ARF STILL THERE. HOW DOES D 20% ACID PEEL LOOKS LIKE? & HOW MUCH DOES IT GO FOR?I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 6:42am On Apr 22, 2010
shilling:

I use Ambi Even and Clear Daily Moisturizer. It has SPF 30, which is highly recommended if you live in a place with lots of sun. With an SPF 30 lotion, you don't need sunscreen. It also helps even out your skin tone. Soap: Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar.

You said you live in Nigeria, right? So, I have no idea how much it costs in Naira. But, in general, Ambi products are quite affordable, well at least in $$ it is.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sophy09: 12:30am On Apr 23, 2010
Hi,

Has anyone used the olay total effects touch of foundation? Does it work?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2010
No, I use their Regenerist. Is it a mineral foundation? Creme and Foundation?

@shilling
Isn't Ambi's active ingredient hydroquinone?

@jammal
A picture of the 20% salicylic peel is on one of the pages past. It was discussed and someone used it with great results. It's a liquid in a small bottle you apply it to your face twice weekly.  I meant the CLEARASIL SPOT REMOVER. It contains a percentage of salicylic acid. Professional models recommend it. To be honest I've not used it or any spot remover. I've only had a breakout once and it cleared itself in a couple of weeks. If yours isn't that type, give either a try.  Or look for any GENUINE Product with a high % of salicylic acid.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2010
thanks steaming and gamine for the advice.

and plz ladies what do you think about dead sea magik black mud soap?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
Mad_Max:

@shilling
Isn't Ambi's active ingredient hydroquinone?

All Ambi products contain different ingredients. There's no Hydroquinone in the 2 products mentioned above. However, I know that Ambi Fade cream contains 2% Hydroquinone.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ubiaa5(f): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2010
ladies i have read several articles that says salicylic acids(bha) is geared towards acne rather than spots or blemishes,and glycolic acid(aha) is best for spots,blemishes or scars whats the deal,who knows.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
Well. Aren't acne and pimples typically responsible for spots? Glycolic acid isn't a treatment for acne. I use a glycolic acid peel once a week, and it's simply great at exfoliating my skin and other great stuff. It just has to be in every woman's beauty regime. There's something about all the peels there are and what they do pages back. Salicylic acid is one of the best treatments for acne. It eliminates acne and prevents further breakouts.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ubiaa5(f): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
Thats what i said, salicylic acid takes care of acne, but not necessarily the scars or spots left behind,just an observation because i noticed sacilcylic acid was recomended for spots and scars.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by luchidolls(f): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2010
hey pple,derz ds product i use for my acne.it's noxema anti-blemish pads.its active ingredient is 2% salicylic acid.it treats acne,dries up acne pimples and helps prevent new ones.it really works but u av 2 give it up to 2wks 2 see amazing results.i also tried d aspirin mask suggested earlier.it kept my face smooth.i used alabukun d first time but it stripped my face of its moisture so d next time i had 2 add a few drops of bio oil, dis time,twas gud.i suggest u do it at nite before going 2 bed.after 15mins,rinse off before going 2 bed.cz morning,u'll see amazing results.d difference is soooo obvious smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sophy09: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2010
I will like to know if the olay eye roller works, my under eye is black and wrinkled. Will it help?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Shinatu: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2010
Mad_Max:

Well. Aren't acne and pimples typically responsible for spots? Glycolic acid isn't a treatment for acne. I use a glycolic acid peel once a week, and it's simply great at exfoliating my skin and other great stuff. It just has to be in every woman's beauty regime. There's something about all the peels there are and what they do pages back. Salicylic acid is one of the best treatments for acne. It eliminates acne and prevents further breakouts.

@Mad_Max
what is the name of the glycolic acid peel you use please? I hope it is easy to use.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
Hi ladies,
i desperately need your advice and suggestions for tiny spots on my legs nd feet caused by mosquito bites.
Am scared of usin just any product cuz am dark skinned and definitely dnt wanna bleach my legs.
Plz any suggestion on wat to use to fade away dese spots?
It can also be any natural product or treatment u think is effective.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2010
@shinatu
I use a 35% Glycolic acid peel by Skin Laboratory. Higher concentrations should be administered by a professional. The brand doesn't matter really.

@mitchyy
There are three things you can do about scars and blemishes:

1. You can use any fade cream that doesn't contain hydroquinone. One to three months and the scars are faded. The lightening effect will be temporary and will go as soon as you stop using the product.

2. Microdermabrasion. It's been discussed on previous pages for scars and stretchmarks. Really ladies, look through the previous pages first and make sure a solution isn't there. You mix aloe vera and apricot scrub, 3 parts scrub to 1 part aloe. Apply liberally to the area and use a skin brush to scrub for 2 minutes. Small parts of the skin at a time, 2 minutes each.
Don't do this daily thinking it'll work faster. It won't, and you hurt your skin by not letting it heal. Don't make the number of days even (every 4 days, every 5 days,etc) or your skin will get used to it and stop reacting. Use zigzag intervals. 5, 10, 4, 7, 12, 5, etc. Do this properly and you'll see
results in a few weeks. Baby smooth skin. You can microdermabrate areas of your skin with blemishes so you have blemish-free skin all over.

3 A third effective alternative are chemical peels. They've been discussed some pages back. Select a peel that treats blemishes. It should clear your blemishes without lightening your skin.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 3:15am On Apr 29, 2010
@Mad_max,
thanks a million.i really appreciate the suggestions.
I think am gonna try the second one and see how it goes.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2010
sophy09:

I will like to know if the olay eye roller works, my under eye is black and wrinkled. Will it help?
[/quote/]

a good eye cream/serum ll take care of that,,,,,

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.