Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128251 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by alansary0064(m): 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:
We reached ifeanyichukwu park Kano state by 7:00 a.m on Tuesday, running close to 15hours. the park is situated at sabongari in fagge local government. I must state that this sabongari has the highest population of igbos, in fact,

Sabongari doesn't look like Kano state, all clubs, hotels, brothels, beer parlor in Kano state has it's headquarter located in Sabongari. Infact you can't buy alcohol in anywhere save sabongari. it is also had to see a church in Kano state except in sabongari.

Sabongari is very safe, more secured that any other part of Kano state. if there is any war in Kano state, the first place the military will protect is sabongari. You will hardly believe you are in Kano state if you visit sabongari. it is in sabongari that a lady can walk without wearing hijab of covering her head. it is in sabongari that you can hold or shake a lady. Sabongari looks exactly like Enugu state.

an igbo man is the local government chairman of fagge local government Kano state. it was shocking to see an igbo man heading a local government in Kano. No igbo has eva head fagge local government as a chairman. But Councilor for Sabon-gari ward

7 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

Thanks, I don't want to say exactly where I live sir. It's not only one college of education that is in Kano. Nysc Secretariat is in gwale L.G.A, kabuga. Congratulations on your successful service. Kano is fun if you know the way. seems you are a regular visitor to sabongari. Outside Sabongari, Kano is NEVER FUN

You are right. but there is only one college of education that is close to university and polythenic. so he is right,you definitely live around kabuga,rijiyar zaki or kofar famfo. I am kano indigene and live close to that area as well. you can mention Mr if You need any help

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by EColeJnr: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:
We reached ifeanyichukwu park Kano state by 7:00 a.m on Tuesday, running close to 15hours. the park is situated at sabongari in fagge local government. I must state that this sabongari has the highest population of igbos, in fact, an igbo man is the local government chairman of fagge local government Kano state. it was shocking to see an igbo man heading a local government in Kano.

Sabongari doesn't look like Kano state, all clubs, hotels, brothels, beer parlor in Kano state has it's headquarter located in Sabongari. Infact you can't buy alcohol in anywhere save sabongari. it is also had to see a church in Kano state except in sabongari.

Sabongari is very safe, more secured that any other part of Kano state. if there is any war in Kano state, the first place the military will protect is sabongari. You will hardly believe you are in Kano state if you visit sabongari. it is in sabongari that a lady can walk without wearing hijab of covering her head. it is in sabongari that you can hold or shake a lady. Sabongari looks exactly like Enugu state.
This is a misconception.

I live in Kano for seven years now... I can boldly tell you that there are other free areas in Kano such as Nassarawa GRA,Union Estates.. Katsina Road Nomansland etc ...

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
EColeJnr:
This is a misconception.

I live in Kano for seven years now... I can boldly tell you that there are other free areas in Kano such as Nassarawa GRA,Union Estates.. Katsina Road Nomansland etc ...

it's not true sir. I work in School of technology Nasarawa and I can tell you that it's not free. Nomansland is part of sabongari. Nomansland is in fagge local government where the local government chairman is an igbo man
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
papiforreal:

You are right. but there is only one college of education that is close to university and polythenic. so he is right,you definitely live around kabuga,rijiyar zaki or kofar famfo. I am kano indigene and live close to that area as well. you can mention Mr if You need any help
Lol, you are correct, I stay in one of these places? Please can I get a place of secondary assignment, I mean a place I can work and get extra income. I only have lectures twice a week. thanks for helping.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by EColeJnr: 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

it's not true sir. I work in School of technology Nasarawa and I can tell you that it's not free. Nomansland is part of sabongari. Nomansland is in fagge local government where the local government chairman is an igbo man
Hehehe..

It's like you are the introverted type who hardly explore the outside world..

I've been in Kano for over seven years now (I'll soon be leaving to Benin City )... And I can tell you the only conservative areas are the areas where a large chunk of the inhabitants are Hausas..

Areas with foreigners like Naszarawa GRA.. are free.. lots of clubs and parties .. Chinese restaurants where pork is eaten freely..

Hmmmm.. you nor too flex my brother

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
zamanii:
Hello OP, I'm highly elated that u created a thread lyk dis n may God bless u coz I've bin looking forward to sumtin lyk dis. My dad used to work in kano state befor he was transferred and I only spent a day there. I vowed to serve in kano and even plan to settle down there coz of how beautiful kano was wen I visited. However, I hav a few questions befor I make up my mind. I'm a Muslim though not a Hausa man I suppose I'm exempted from d cutting of hand lol or I'm also not allowed to come close to their gals? Most importantly, I will b thru wit my law degree soon and want to serve in kano, do u know d best places in kano where I can do my ppa? and hw's d rent in kano? thanks in anticipation
You are welcome sir. First, you are exempted from the cutting of hand. the reason is that in Kano state, the only and supreme criteria to date or marry a Muslim is that you must be in same faith. Infact, my Hausa friend, khadijah told me of recent that we can't marry because am not a Muslim but we can only share love. They are lots of places where you can do your PPA in Kano, but the truth is, they may hardly require the service of a lawyer. I have seen only few courts in Kano. But they are Islamic and sharia legal schools where you can law. Lol.

About the rent bro, it depends, for places like sabongari, one of my friend got a room for 70k, but for a core Muslim local governments, it's far cheaper. Like the one I live, it's very cheap but a lady will never visit you.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
Op, illiteracy is a hobby in the North. Before taking a taxi or keke always confirm if the driver understands pidgin English.

Was posted to Kano but had to redeploy to Akwa Ibom state. Never regretted it. Enjoy your service year, bro.

8 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
EColeJnr:
Hehehe..

It's like you are the introverted type who hardly explore the outside world..

I've been in Kano for over seven years now (I'll soon be leaving to Benin City )... And I can tell you the only conservative areas are the areas where a large chunk of the inhabitants are Hausas..

Areas with foreigners like Naszarawa GRA.. are free.. lots of clubs and parties .. Chinese restaurants where pork is eaten freely..

Hmmmm.. you nor too flex my brother

in Kano state, smoking is prohibited and smokers are been hunted by Isbar or what they call themselves. But.the truth remains that this things are sold in secrets. I have gone round Nassarawa, nd I haven't seen any place that these things are been sold. infact I have asked my students in Nasarawa and they all directed me to sabongari. Anyway, am not interested in clubs or alcohol now. I am.looking for a Place of secondary assignment. do you have one?

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Ay04z(m): 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
oya kom and kontiniwu.......nice write up bro..u re dope.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by BABANGBALI: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
Op are you sure you are a graduation?kai your English is horrible

Tell us about fok fok matter for Kano, I wan come there with hannefa make I take my preek teach am sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Akpa amu, it's graduate.

25 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
iyke926:
Op, illiteracy is a hobby in the North. Before taking a taxi or keke always confirm if the driver understands pidgin English.

Was posted to Kano but had to redeploy to the Akwa Ibom state. Never regretted it. Enjoy your service year, bro.

No be lie brother. The worst is that they can get angry at any time.

I once told a keke man that am going to a FILLING STATION and he took me to a POLICE station.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

Lol, you are correct, I stay in one of these places? Please can I get a place of secondary assignment, I mean a place I can work and get extra income. I only have lectures twice a week. thanks for helping.

Which kind of work? it depends on your discipline Sha.. of course you can get a place of secondary assignment, but it is mainly teaching in private schools and the pay won't be much you know. don't know if You can do that

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by saintkash(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
so many lies in ur story mr physics....... have u been to badawa, brigade, dakata etc? u know little about kano but yet u paint a picture of u know so much. .... if u don't mind I can hook up with you n take u around to clear ur doubt. ....

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

I once told a keke man that am going to a FILLING STATION and he took me to a POLICE station.

Hahahhaa....all na STATION na. grin

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Oga calm down. Most of the things I wrote here were written directly from my head and I didn't also care to edit it. so please ignore the mistakes just like I ignored your mistake.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by BABANGBALI: 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

police station ke? shocked shocked shocked your own don finish be dat

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by EColeJnr: 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

in Kano state, smoking is prohibited and smokers are been hunted by Isbar or what they call themselves. But.the truth remains that this things are sold in secrets. I have gone round Nassarawa, nd I haven't seen any place that these things are been sold. infact I have asked my students in Nasarawa and they all directed me to sabongari. Anyway, am not interested in clubs or alcohol now. I am.looking for a Place of secondary assignment. do you have one?
It seems you'd make a good Physics tutor... you can try St.Thomas Secondary School @Airport Road ... or Abbas Maje Secondary school in Nomansland.

Piece of advice : Why not also take advantage of the upcoming summer holidays to conduct home lessons for students in Nomansland/Sabon-Gari

Would love to meet you but I'll be off to Benin for my exam
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nokio1: 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Op are u graduation? He he

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
papiforreal:

Which kind of work? it depends on your discipline Sha.. of course you can get a place of secondary assignment, but it is mainly teaching in private schools and the pay won't be much you know. don't know if You can do that

Can we go private sir How do I contact you. thanks
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by BABANGBALI: 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

Oga calm down. Most of the things I wrote here were written directly from my head and I didn't also care to edit it. so please ignore the mistakes just like I ignored your mistake.
if I tear you slap walahi your English teacher go buy me 1 carton of stout

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by saintkash(m): 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

smoking is not prohibited in kano take note mrphysics and nobody hunts smokers unless u r a smoker of weed which is hunted nation wide by security agencies.

8 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by femo86(m): 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
@op....sebi u be mrphysics bah

You go turn mrchemistry sooner or later....Better use your brains. my 2cents

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by BABANGBALI: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
iyke926:

Akpa amu, it's graduate.
mbanu it is a graduation

8 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
saintkash:
so many lies in ur story mr physics....... have u been to badawa, brigade, dakata etc? u know little about kano but yet u paint a picture of u know so much. .... if u don't mind I can hook up with you n take u around to clear ur doubt. ....

How do I contact you sir. Most importantly I am in dire need of a Place of secondary assignment. thanks
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by EColeJnr: 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:
one of the guy I met in Kano told me to convert to Islam that Islam is the best religion. he was bold enough to tell me that. I just looked at him and whispered to his hear that no religion is better than each other.

Kano is a very religious place. they mount speakers even in electric pole. El-Rufia can't enforce that his bill in Kano here.

you can't count five houses without seeing a mosque. Here is full of mosque. their ladies don't come outside and you Dere not work while holding a lady here in Kano. if she like let her her your wife, they never born you to try it. inside keke napep, you are not allowed to sit touching a lady though some motorists don't care about whether you touch them or not.

Another thing here in Kano is that the fence of every house is almost the height of the roof of the building. no matter how local the house is, it must have a fence as high as the roof. The Emir of Kanos house has a very high fence such that even if you are in a storey building, you wouldn't see the inside. They do it to protect their wife, they don't want you to see their wife or daughter.

And you don't visit them. if you manage to get any female friend in Kano, you don't visit her, she is the only one to visit you, else, if any Muslim man see you in his house, just know that one of your hand is gone.

till tomorrow, sai gobe, or sai da safe , it's a Muslim way of saying,"good night, till tomorrow". Allah iy kai'mu, Amin[may God make it to happen]
Bro... you're exaggerating ... this is a Hyperbole..

You know
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
EColeJnr:
It seems you'd make a good Physics tutor... you can try St.Thomas Secondary School @Airport Road ... or Abbas Maje Secondary school in Nomansland.

Piece of advice : Why not also take advantage of the upcoming summer holidays to conduct home lessons for students in Nomansland/Sabon-Gari

Would love to meet you but I'll be off to Benin for my exam

07088303808. thanks

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by missyge(f): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:
The day I toasted Khadija, i had a mixed feeling. After speaking the whole English in my mouth, I was expecting the usual Let me think about it , I never knew I was going to get a positive response. The gospel truth is that, they are not used to toasting from guys, they were hidden in their house only to be brought out by education.

She is very beautiful that if it were my igbo sisters, they will see themselves as the latest models in town. Normally beautiful girls are common in Kano. they are everywhere, Infact you will get tired of seeing them in Kano. I have never seen a collection of beautiful girls like I saw in Kano.Mehn, they deserve our monthly allawee, yet they don't want.

After spewing all the English in my mouth, she was very shy as if it's the first time someone is approaching her. Infact due to her beauty, I read many ways of asking a lady out on nairaland. little did I know that I don't need an advanced method. Anyhow you say it, you will get them provided you meet someone who is completely single
I have never enjoyed Nl Thread like i did today.... I just kept stretching. lol. Thnx dear, for ur stories. Me i even hv northphobia bfre, lol. I no fit go north o..lai lai

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
saintkash:

smoking is not prohibited in kano take note mrphysics and nobody hunts smokers unless u r a smoker of weed which is hunted nation wide by security agencies.
Oga do you stay in Kano?? I doubt or perhaps you stay in Sabongari
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by gwales: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
mrphysics:

note* smoking is not prohibited in kano and nobody would Harass u for smoking

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
missyge:
I have never enjoyed Nl Thread like i did today.... I just kept stretching. lol. Thnx dear, for ur stories. Me i even hv northphobia bfre, lol. I no fit go north o..lai lai
Lol, my dear it's not easy. But it's always good that you stay away from home for sometime most especially on our journey to manhood.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.