Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister (39525 Views)

Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR / Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online / Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by miketayo(m): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
dapsonlou:

If we get rid of Indian, that means bye bye indomi

its not an Indian brand
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by miketayo(m): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Even with "our house" worse than this, we are still better than India as a country. Forget about all the rubbish you see in their movies. Its all make believe. Maybe Nigerians should start by not watching their useless soap opera's that's if our ladies will agree to it. I guess that former minister that made the call of banning Nigerians just got his heart broken by his mistress as its typical of stupid Indian men.

U are deceiving urself if u think Nigeria is better than India. they are far ahead of us..we are just richer but def not beta. we should be talking to our guys out there to stop misbehaving in other countries, India is not the only country complaining about Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by miketayo(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
DonBobes:

Indians hv alot to loose! Dnt mind dem.

they will always find alternatives unlike us
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by ChukwuIbrahim: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
MrCork:

Son, am a Nigerian from Pekam London ...and to be honest, We londonders are ashame to be Nigerians..we date white babes.. ...have u been to london? NO...can u reach london? NO...do u hav moiney? NO....do u even hav pounds sterlin? F****K NO!!!! undecided
hian!

diz thing u did to ya fellow nigerian iz wickedness oo!
mouth rubbin ya broda like diz grin

1 Like

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by ChukwuIbrahim: 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
fados4sure:
Every time when i read such news, i feel like crying. Come to UK, they are into so many sham marriages, lying, working with visiting visa. Go to North Cyprus, they are practising cultism, fraud, lying. Go to Turkey, they are all scams, fraudster. Go to Malaysia & South Africa, they have turn to drug pusher. Which way biafarians?
undecided
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by ChukwuIbrahim: 11:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
MrCork:

....well sinse u ask..I have helps deported a total of 36 people bakkto Nigeria.... And if I ever catch yorr fat Nigeria sef hear in London... U will be thrown back tron bakkto Enugu on express!!( no oofense) angry
Kai!

I didn't c diz post grin
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by whitebeard(m): 11:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
make I see any Indian guy for street..that day dey go know say black fit be racist too...!!!
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by ChukwuIbrahim: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Jehovah!
una wan use laff kill pesin 4 diz thread diz nite grin
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by nortcentrallord(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
miketayo:

U are deceiving urself if u think Nigeria is better than India. they are far ahead of us..we are just richer but def not beta. we should be talking to our guys out there to stop misbehaving in other countries, India is not the only country complaining about Nigeria

Ok, go ahead and procure a visa to India since it's better than Nigeria. Its only Nigerians that don't know their bearing that end up in India. What do they have? Even the so-called education comes with hardship for non Indians. Even among the Indians there is widespread discrimination and untold poverty and hardship. Kenya here is better than India. Come to think of it, where and where have you been to in India please or did you just made that submission from watching that "women channel" on your DSTV bouquet?

1 Like

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Udoks(m): 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
dridowu:
Panaji: In what may trigger a fresh controversy, former Goa chief minister Ravi S Naik on Tuesday demanded the Centre to ban the Nigerians from entering India while alleging that they indulge in illegal activities.

...They don't study, rather they indulge in illegal activities," he added.

Parulekar had said that the Nigerians create problems in Goa and sell drugs...

A drug was named after them, Indian Hemp, yet they dare complain about some people trying to make a living from one of their natural resources?
India need

1 Like

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Fulaman198(m): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2016
ANONYDOTT:
Its a stereotype not a problem. Stereotypes fail to get at the problem; In this sense, when someone is apprehended abroad for any crime, he is first seen as a Nigerian. When then you label based on the stereotype, it misses the problem and solves nothing. it just only skews our lenses and creates deeper conflict within. I still maintain that it is not an igbo problem because igbos doing fantastic abroad greatly outnumber those drawn into crimes. economic crime is prevalently a southern thing, while crime of passion and terror a northern thing amongst Nigerians.

I don't necessarily agree with your assessment. Would you consider what's happening in the Niger Delta an economic crime? It seems to be a crime of terror and passion as well.

I do agree with you that the Igbos abroad doing well and making a living for themselves legitimately far outweigh those partaking in the crime. One thing I would also like to remind Indians in India is that there are Indians committing crimes! Do they receive the same punishment? Also, why do some Indians target Nigerians who are doing absolutely nothing. To me, it's just a form of bigotry.

There are many Indians living in Nigeria, some commit crimes, however the vast majority are indeed peaceful. You do not see Nigerians going out of their respective ways to make life miserable for them.
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Andywinnie(f): 12:04am On Jun 08, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

Kai!

I didn't c diz post grin

ChukwuIbrahim:

Kai!

I didn't c diz post grin

ChukwuIbrahim:

Kai!

I didn't c diz post grin

With this poor English and Spelling, you work in London? And still have the effrontery to threaten your fellow Country Man. You need God's help ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Litmus: 12:12am On Jun 08, 2016
And of all African nations, Nigerian people have been and are always the kindest to Indians, which makes thire behaviour all the more treacherous and cowardly . And it is actually the sheer contempt that they show for black's that they don't recognise this or make any distinction. Nigeria is the put-upon corrupt Nation, you see, and so they want to win plaudits by jumping on the bandwagon in order to belong to that rank of nations that sit in judgment instead of , as India is, the nation which epitomises corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Fulaman198(m): 12:38am On Jun 08, 2016
Litmus:
And of all African nations, Nigerian people have been and are always the kindest to Indians, which makes thire behaviour all the more treacherous and cowardly . And it is actually the sheer contempt that they show for black's that they don't recognise this or make any distinction. Nigeria is the put-upon corrupt Nation, you see, and so they want to win plaudits by jumping on the bandwagon in order to belong to that rank of nations that sit in judgment instead of the nation which epitomises corruption.

You are right, and I think the reason why Africans (it's not only Nigerians as Indians murdered a Congolese man recently) are mistreated in India is because of what they see on TV with how blacks are being mistreated in the United States. They think they can get away with the harsh mistreatment. It's not right! and I think that once we completely get our acts together here in Naija (Sai Baba Buhari!) we need to be stern with India and tell them what they are doing is completely unacceptable.

It hurts when your nation does not have the leverage/clout (more succinctly put) that voice that can be heard to let others know "Hey don't mess with my people, I'm warning you!"
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by lawdbreezy: 12:59am On Jun 08, 2016
Our government should start thinking of barring Indians from entering Nigeria; and also start putting in motion how to begin confiscating properties and investments of Indians in Nigeria. Then let's see who bleeds more.

As in eh!! Sharp! Sharp!
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by nonix22(m): 1:04am On Jun 08, 2016
to start with eh; DSTV ban ZeeWorld from Nigerian viewing. Abeg, wetin sef! rubbish
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by movidodxes(m): 1:04am On Jun 08, 2016
Hundreddegrees:
See comments...this is one of the reasons i love Nigerians they don't give a damn cool
no be lie
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by nonix22(m): 1:06am On Jun 08, 2016
Litmus:
And of all African nations, Nigerian people have been and are always the kindest to Indians, which makes thire behaviour all the more treacherous and cowardly . And it is actually the sheer contempt that they show for black's that they don't recognise this or make any distinction. Nigeria is the put-upon corrupt Nation, you see, and so they want to win plaudits by jumping on the bandwagon in order to belong to that rank of nations that sit in judgment instead of the nation which epitomises corruption.
SUPU!
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by whatever123: 4:09am On Jun 08, 2016
I dont know where all this hate against India is coming. I am Indian and I have seen nigerians there live in style. I used to see them driving in flashy bikes..hooting etc. India has tons of churches and mosques - so they dont face any problem. Actually many of them try to pull a lot of stunts which I suspect they dont try in western countries - like fighting and hitting the police. And thier drug peddling is common knowledge - how will you feel if you are middle class parent with daughters and a foreigner is peddling drugs near a street corner.

All this in no way justify attacks against nigerians but its totaly wrong that nigerians are living cowardly life in India. They probably live far more confidently than they live anywhere in the world.

Coming to Indian in Nigeria - I dont see any evidence that they are indulging in any crime - but complaints that they are tough taskmasters and not easy to work with. Thats to be expected - look these guys travelled thousands of KMs to better themselves economically they are not going to squander it away by being nice - they are going to be tough but not criminal. You will find many happy go lucky types in india but its probably in lesser frequency among Indians who are driven to travel to forerign countries.

You should be proud that people travel thousands of Kms to supply skills in your country and glad that Indians are doing it.

And Indians wherver they go dont preach you about human rights, democracy etc - they simply adapt to existing governances - they dont try regime changes, proselytation etc - they just mind their business - nothing wrong with it.
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Adminisher: 4:39am On Jun 08, 2016
bigtt76:
Stop Nigerians, stop the Indians from coming to Nigeria and nationalize their companies/temples. About time we sit up too. Country rough country rough nor mean say den go drive we from their countries angry

Nigeria is a very corrupt country. We have to face hard facts and make corrections fast or the future of many youths will be jeopardised . The world is now fully globalised and we should fall in with global behavioural best practices
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Udoks(m): 5:03am On Jun 08, 2016
dridowu:
Panaji: In what may trigger a fresh controversy, former Goa chief minister Ravi S Naik on Tuesday demanded the Centre to ban the Nigerians from entering India while alleging that they indulge in illegal activities.

...They don't study, rather they indulge in illegal activities," he added.

Parulekar had said that the Nigerians create problems in Goa and sell drugs...

A drug was named after them, Indian Hemp, yet they dare complain about some people trying to make a living from one of their natural resources?

NDLEA should go and settle the matter abeg
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by LeStylo: 6:17am On Jun 08, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
I remember chatting with a Fillipino sometime last year. Brehs! we discussed for about 2 hrs and he never had any
positive thing to say about Nigerians in Manilla. Baba just dey fire on. I felt irritated but I still didn't let him know
I was Nigerian. I really wanted to know what he thought of us. He actually thought I was Jamo.

Our developers from the land of the rising druggies don carry their matter go that side. I think it was 2 years ago, a
rising druggie was killed in this same Goa.

Maan no be small tchin

Got a Nigerian friend living and working in Taiwan. He was arrested minutes after meeting a casual Nigerian friend there. They tore open his car in their search. The police claimed they've been on his tail for 6months to be sure if he was a part of the Nigerian drug ring. Even his calls were recorded. They arrested all those Naija guys, apologised to him and fixed his car.

1 Like

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by 2badForReal: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2016
Please let my container load of Keke arrive Apapa port before we scatter grown
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by toprealman: 7:44am On Jun 08, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
I remember chatting with a Fillipino sometime last year. Brehs! we discussed for about 2 hrs and he never had any
positive thing to say about Nigerians in Manilla. Baba just dey fire on. I felt irritated but I still didn't let him know
I was Nigerian. I really wanted to know what he thought of us. He actually thought I was Jamo.

Our developers from the land of the rising druggies don carry their matter go that side. I think it was 2 years ago, a
rising druggie was killed in this same Goa.

Maan no be small tchin
stop exposing yourself.....JAMO indeed!
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by miketayo(m): 8:35am On Jun 08, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Ok, go ahead and procure a visa to India since it's better than Nigeria. Its only Nigerians that don't know their bearing that end up in India. What do they have? Even the so-called education comes with hardship for non Indians. Even among the Indians there is widespread discrimination and untold poverty and hardship. Kenya here is better than India. Come to think of it, where and where have you been to in India please or did you just made that submission from watching that "women channel" on your DSTV bouquet?

dude I have lived in India for 7 years 2007-2014, stayed in Pune.. I have been to Goa, munbai, delhi among other cities.. u cant compare India with Nigeria in anything way.. despite they have a corrupt gov and their GDP isn't as much as ours.. they are developing faster than u think, u said education come with hardship.. I got my B.Sc and M.Sc without any hardship..I lived comfortably infact better than most of my high school friends that studied in Europe.
What I know is this, Nigerians spoil themselves everywhere they go. not just Indian, goto South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, etc. Although some indians are racist, I dont even like them one bit, but their country is Years ahead of ours which is a shame

2 Likes

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 08, 2016
What is happening in the ND is entirely an economic crime as the people's existence (not livelihood per se) are not threatened by the activities of the militants more than they are are threatened by the activity of the govt forces. These people are not the target of the movement whatsoever, unlike a crime of passion ( which could lead to genocide) or a crime of terror (which leads to the propagation of fear). The ND militants get at govt installations in order to dwindle the resources gotten by the FG, and is clearly an economic crime. Are you to dumb to see that?
Fulaman198:

I don't necessarily agree with your assessment. Would you consider what's happening in the Niger Delta an economic crime? It seems to be a crime of terror and passion as well.

I do agree with you that the Igbos abroad doing well and making a living for themselves legitimately far outweigh those partaking in the crime. One thing I would also like to remind Indians in India is that there are Indians committing crimes! Do they receive the same punishment? Also, why do some Indians target Nigerians who are doing absolutely nothing. To me, it's just a form of bigotry.

There are many Indians living in Nigeria, some commit crimes, however the vast majority are indeed peaceful. You do not see Nigerians going out of their respective ways to make life miserable for them.
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by nortcentrallord(m): 9:03am On Jun 08, 2016
miketayo:

dude I have lived in India for 7 years 2007-2014, stayed in Pune.. I have been to Goa, munbai, delhi among other cities.. u cant compare India with Nigeria in anything way.. despite they have a corrupt gov and their GDP isn't as much as our.. they are developing faster than u think, u said education come with hardship.. I got my B.Sc and M.Sc without any hardship..I lived comfortably infact better than most of my high school friends that studied in Europe.
What I know is this, Nigerians spoil themselves everywhere they go. not just Indian, goto South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, etc. Although some indians are racist, I dont even like them one bit, but their country is Years ahead of ours which is a shame

I see why you have so much sympathy and support for them. I bet just like the other thread about Nigerian students in India complaining, you had fun and enjoyed yourself. I will never choose India over Nigeria. How many Nigerians have you seen in India that they will be quick to draw a conclusion that all blacks are Nigerians and will break their laws? Because you visited few cities in India is not enough for you to make that submission. Nigeria equally has many developed cities. I don't see any visible thing in India, is it Bollywood or what? Please educate me.

1 Like

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Momcherry(f): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2016
dragonking2:
This is why the nigerdeltans should never be added to biafra or else na we go suffer am.. When Nigeria finally splits up, every man should answer his papa name.. .Me I don't want my people to be called drug peddlers and criminals overseas abeg. Imagine the insult from India? ? Chiaaaa

Lol
The Niger Delta u are talking about is even more corrupt
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by frank442: 9:33am On Jun 08, 2016
No problem,
Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by cosade(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
chukxie:

First off, I'd like to emphatically state here that I'm not endorsing the atrocities some of our countrymen are doing in India. With that out of the way, permit me to tell you some of the nefarious activities being committed by some Indians in Nigeria because it appears you have no idea what's going on. Some Indians here are involved arms dealing, money laundering, exploitating their Nigerian workers in Nigeria, importating substandard drugs (medicines), selling of expired products, tax evasion et cetera. You asked if they (Indians) sell drugs too? The answer is a big YES! Some Indians living in Nigeria are at the helm of crystal meth production and distribution in Nigeria.

According to you, Indians are carrying out similar criminal activities in Nigeria, and our Authorities have decided to condone it by not enforcing the law, so because of that, are you saying the Indian government should continue to appear helpless when it's laws are being breached by lawless Nigerians residing in India? Every serious nation must ensure its laws are enforced.

The Nigerian industrial laws are comparable with similar laws in the UK, to a great extent, but if you go to most of the manufacturing companies/plants owned by Asians in Nigeria, the industrial safety standards are nothing to write home about. Yet, we have the inspectorate and compliance officers from various regulatory agencies visiting these companies, and mostly giving them clean bill of health.

Generally, it appears Nigerians are not ready for good governance, if comments I read on the social media is anything to go by, including NL. If Nigerians don't want rule of law, we can't stop other serious countries from enforcing its laws.

It is instructive to note that every human being has criminal tendencies, it is the fear of being caught and punished that deter many from committing crimes. This is what, largely is missing in Nigeria (fear of being caught and punished), and is what good governance is all about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister by Sprintson(m): 11:35am On Jun 08, 2016
mineANDurs:
Have we degenerated so much that even a "Simple', 'Ordinary India is considering banning us?

We are waaay better than India if we can put our house in order.

This is What I want to hear!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce / Trucks Collide With Tomato Truck In Igando, Lagos This Morning / Fatal Accident Along Ijebu Ode - Epe Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.