Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? (14153 Views)

SEUN Is My Boss, But This Is Why I Hate Him — I'm Grateful. [PICTURE] / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Swissheart:
Too bad

Too Bahd, she must be Falz's girlfriend.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Yes, be that as it may. She did break a Nairaland rule, which is rule 9 and thus, it warrants her a very good ban. You should know the Miss Nairaland rule doesn't surpass Nairaland rule itself.

No sentiment.

Cc: Seun
Mynd44
Dygeasy

The same Nairaland kept a blind eye to the source of her moniker coinage without banning her for plagiarism or whatever rule 9

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I Can't stop laughing.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
That's the thing, you say you don't know. If you had asked me that question, I would have told you, "I don't know". Simple. Not pretend to know and plagiarize. Gosh!.

I even asked ivy and lanicky questions base on their field of study, and lanicky didn't answer...

Cc: main aboiy
Lol! If they say they don't know their opponents will use it against them.

You know this. That's why they are desperate to try to answer every question thrown at them, even the ones they can't relate to.

I won't blame them. But we should use common sense in questioning them and if they don't answer we leave them alone.

The highest we can do is to not vote for them when the time comes.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Creamish:

A member of her team admitted to being the original author and he said he gave her his consent. Isn't that enough? Maybe what you need to do is investigate the author of that piece if u rily want to see this thing till the end...otherwise just let it slide..

Take it easy Joe.. smiley
LMAO! It isn't enough. If that member is the original author, by all means, he should post link to where he first made that comment. Not give us word of mouth. This is evidence dear, something many people here are very alien to!.

But still, if you're telling me to let it slide, as you being my Green Kryptonite, I will. So, is that an order? wink grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2016
StillBrandnew:

King Kong. grin
I hail Oga! cheesy
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
That's the thing, you say you don't know. If you had asked me that question, I would have told you, "I don't know". Simple. Not pretend to know and plagiarize. Gosh!.

I even asked ivy and lanicky questions base on their field of study, and lanicky didn't answer...

Cc: naijaboiy

lol you are not trying to impress na grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
@OP ivyy will still win the contest. its not about whether wat she did is wrong or not. its all about the numbers of votes count. so stop stressing yourself. she has thousand of voters. on the 20th u will see. its the votes that matters.

This troll still thinks his opinion matters.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Just like me asking you a question related to PHP, MySql and Database Security grin...
As I see wetin you type I don already confuse sef. gringrin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2016
Now they want her banned and not disqualified. grin

I laff in Fulanese. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2016
CrudeGold:

This troll still thinks his opinion matters.
crudegold focus on your contestant. Stop given your self what i personally call depressed emotional e-unbalalism.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by iamkingzlee(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

Please do o!

Cos I was already preparing to storm that thread this evening with my own questions.

Let me see if any of them can tell me the importance of jurisprudence in the Nigerian legal system.

And if anybody as such as checks Google to answer my question then we will hold her by her neck let her campaign team feel what Ivy's team is feeling too.

Please no questions out of context abeg. Contestants should be able ignore questions they can't answer to.

Nor be by force!
hahahaha! Baba Werey grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Smellymouth: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

gringrin
You want make we drink am together?

Oga bring my origin now because if you wait after fasting na ram I go collect. cheesy

You want make I commit heinous sin abi? grin

You think say I go carry One crate of Orijin to my boss without tasting it? cheesy

It won't be fun if I don't get to share a drink with Mr finest grin

[img]http://media4.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/BlbSPS27HtdtGuAMtbjqfEs0_GE=/fit-in/1024x1024/2015/06/10/721/n/1922283/c0f92ea9e60ef133_tumblr_mq7b4ezU8D1qg5f7jo1_500/i/case-you-forgot-he-god-tits-wine.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

As I see wetin you type I don already confuse sef. gringrin

buahahahahaha werey! grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

You know this. That's why they are desperate to try to answer every question thrown at them, even the ones they can't relate to.

I won't blame them. But we should use common sense in questioning them and if they don't answer we leave them alone.

True that! I've not lampooned lanicky for not answering my question, have I? And for those who open their mouth to taunt the contestants, if they say, "they don't know". The same question should be thrown at them, let's see if they can answer. As most of them are just pig headed anyway. Lol.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

Gbam!

Rather, they started calling for her disqualification.

So unfair.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by repogirl(f): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2016
davide470:
Hi T,

We spoke yesternite and i didn't wanna bring this up till i saw this comment.

I wonder why this is still an issue.

You do know i write on Economic policies and i am also a part of Ivyy's advisory team, who advised her on answering said particular question. The said words being quoted on-here was taken out of a Paid Research report, as such, plagiarism is not an issue.

If someone can asked what devaluation is, it also mean i can ask the contestants to explain the working dynamics of a lathe machine (well, i studied engineering), as such, i expect them to know it too. (Don't ask my why).
Yes, we talked about this and I didn't agree with your explanation. I agreed to modify my post on that thread because you requested it. Didn't mean I would shut up about it and let it slide when it was clearly wrong.

This is an issue for me,because what is wrong is wrong. Being a lowly writer myself, it irks me to see even a small piece of my work published somewhere without my consent.

Just because in this part of the world we overlook things doesn't suddenly make it okay or normal. Paid research or not, someone owns that work and when you copy it without a reference to the person's work,it is plagiarism.

Now, the judges have cleared the air, and I am in agreement with their decision but still doesn't change the fact that what was done here wasn't right.

If the owner of that work takes offence and decides to press charges , he/she is well within his rights and most likely would win the case.

People don't understand the gravity of these things and we need to educate them. That's all I'm doing. This is not a smear campaign and this is not the first time I have fought against plagiarists on this forum.....

Besides, I really didn't know advisers were part of the interviews also. We all thought we were reading the opinions of the contestants and not their advisers.

Is that allowed in the rules? Oh wait! Are there even any rules?

5 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by HaneefahRN(f): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2016
A lot of people just took advantage of her slip. But well, what she did was wrong but all I see are just vultures out in lay for her.

So much ado over BS. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

lol you are not trying to impress na grin
LOL. Says who? What makes you think I'm not? Lol.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by FTbomb(m): 10:40am On Jun 16, 2016
[s]
StillBrandnew:

Ignored.
[/s]
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
LOL. Says who? What makes you think I'm not? Lol.

because you have no reason to wink
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 10:42am On Jun 16, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
crudegold focus on your contestant. Stop given your self what i personally call depressed emotional e-unbalalism.

Don't worry, Mr. Troll Nairaland may be organized and we'd campaign for you .

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2016
Okikiki:

The same Nairaland kept a blind eye to the source of her moniker coinage without banning her for plagiarism or whatever rule 9

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I Can't stop laughing.
Excuse me? This is among the lamest sh1t I've heard this year.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2016
repogirl:
Yes, we talked about this and I didn't agree with your explanation. I agreed to modify my post on that thread because you requested it. Didn't mean I would shut up about it and let it slide when it was clearly wrong.

This is an issue for me,because what is wrong is wrong. Being a lowly writer myself, it irks me to see even a small piece of my work published somewhere without my consent.

Just because in this part of the world we overlook things doesn't suddenly make it okay or normal. Paid research or not, someone owns that work and when you copy it without a reference to the person's work,it is plagiarism.

Now, the judges have cleared the air, and I am in agreement with their decision but still doesn't change the fact that what was done here wasn't right.

If the owner of that work takes offence and decides to press charges , he/she is well within his rights and most likely would win the case.

People don't understand the gravity of these things and we need to educate them. That's all I'm doing. This is not a smear campaign and this is not the first time I have fought against plagiarists on this forum.....

Besides, I really didn't know advisers were part of the interviews also. We all thought we were reading the opinions of the contestants and not their advisers.

Is that allowed in the rules? Oh wait! Are there even any rules?

lol this is funny @bold
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Creamish(f): 10:44am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
LMAO! It isn't enough. If that member is the original author, by all means, he should post link to where he first made that comment. Not give us word of mouth. This is evidence dear, something many people here are very alien to!.

But still, if you're telling me to let it slide, as you being my Green Kryptonite, I will. So, is that an order? wink grin

Lol...if u want to put it that way,..yeah..its an order.. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2016
CrudeGold:

Don't worry, Mr. Troll Nairaland may be organized and we'd campaign for you .
have a nice day.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2016
lokito:

There's a very thin line between research and plagiarism. That's probably not plagiarism. Could be research in motion. Op, for instance if you're writing a textbook on Boyle's law and you state the one in Ababio have you plagiarised? No.
Also, it's your word against hers and I can put it to you that ivyy is the original author of that article on Naij.com. Yes, she could be a columnist there. If you present any Naij.com writer as the owner of those words I will also put it to you that he/she plagiarised ivyy.

N/B: Those words have no legal copyright restriction or an ISBN/ ISSN auspices. So you don't have a case. The only thing I need from y'all - respect an intelligent damsel whenever you meet one #shikena#

Don't insult our intelligence, sir!

How dare you try to imply that Ivyy wrote that Naij.com article?

Dominique, can you see this?

We are all trying to forgive her and you're insulting us?!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2016
iamkingzlee:
hahahaha! Baba Werey grin
How far na?grin

Hope you dey learn?cheesy
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

because you have no reason to wink
Guy! I have more than enough reason to.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Laveda(f): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
True that! I've not lampooned lanicky for not answering my question, have I? And for those who open their mouth to taunt the contestants, if they say, "they don't know". The same question should be thrown at them, let's see if they can answer. As most of them are just pig headed anyway. Lol.

The thread was locked already when she wanted replying..
I'm sure it isn't a must she answers every question thrown at her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Excuse me? This is among the lamest sh1t I've heard this year.

NO hard feelings.

Could you pls break it down?

Let the fact speak for itself.

However, count me out from gutter language.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2016
Seeing the comments of some folks on this thread I have honestly lost all hope on humans. How can some people still so shamelessly defend plagiarism?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2016
Laveda:

The thread was locked already when she wanted replying..
I'm sure it isn't a must she answers every question thrown at her.
Yea it isn't a must, but shows she's just... grin but your excuse is lame though. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13)

A Cute Nairalander Flaunts His Expensive Watch And Beards / I met a dead man physically / Do African Men Prefer Bigger Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.