Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,353 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? (14138 Views)

SEUN Is My Boss, But This Is Why I Hate Him — I'm Grateful. [PICTURE] / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by SweetieConstie(f): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

Which one do you really want sef?

Apology or a ban? Cos your own case different from wetin I dey see.

Please sir, the man is apparently confused! It would be better you stop honouring his mentions with replies....

Abeg, help me ask am wetin him want again! Does he want ivvy's blood?? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by tosyne2much(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
All thanks to tosyne2much and his ways. LMAO!. Tosyne tosyne, how market? LOL.
Hmmmmm !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Monalisa185(f): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Tell me, what do you understand by plagiarism? I besiege thee with this question, because from what you wrote up there, you have absolutely no idea, what it is, or what it entails.

you think you know what plagiarism is? I don't think you do, maybe you've always heard people define it, but I put it to you that defining plagiarism is not all there is to it...

Lemme enlighten you and you can as well make your research on the word "plagiarism"

When someone uses a partucular person's work without adding any other thing to it, whether his/her own work or from another person's work, without the person's permission, of course.that person is said to have plagiarized...

BUT!

When someone uses a person's work, but goes ahead to add his/her own work to it or even adds from another person's work, it is called RESEARCH and not PLAGIARISM.. ..

Judging from Ivy's case, she never used only what was found on naiji.whatever, she equally added some other things which made it a RESEARCH and not a case of PLAGIARISM!!

II sincerely hope you and others who are busy stressing this issue can differentiate between PLAGIARISM and RESEARCH!

Cc: dygeasy seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by repogirl(f): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Son, just go and sleep. You are not making any sense.

bwahahahahahahaha! Now this is just hilarious!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2016
ronald4lif:

Bros, but why have you taken this more serious than it actually is and even more than person behind the exposé? What difference will her apology make to you? The only outcome of the continual flogging of this issue will be her to pull out of the contest or weaken her morale. It's that the objective of this protest?
Not at all, most literature enthusiast would react this way. I just want what's right, nothing more.

This same instance happened in the rap section, and the moniker involved was given a year ban. We must not overlook things like this, no matter how the little it is, never foregt: “To leave error unrefuted is to encourage intellectual
immorality.” — Karl Marx.

Just my two cents bro.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Speakdatruth:
I think there's nothing like plagiarism when sharing d same opinion with someone on a matter, if it was spoken n not typed who will point it out? n if d sponsors of dis mischief succeeded in kicking a strong contestant out then it's unfortunate how we got this far

According to your logic, I could say. If she had been r@ped in the forest, who would have known? Free him jor.

Because a crime could have avoided detection it suddenly becomes pardonable?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 11:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

This is my take on this issue. I understand where you are coming from about the issue of plagiarism and what not.

To be honest, Ivyy goofed by lifting off her answer from a response from another website but that isn't binding on us (the organizers of the contest) because the question wasn't put to her by us nor is the answer expected to be provided in anyway contributing to her chances of succeeding in the contest within the rules guiding the contest.

The interview was for awareness purpose, showcase of intelligence and I am quite sure you all would have made up your opinions and minds on whether to vote for which contestant based on their performances in the interview. That again doesn't concern the organizers.

That being said, Ivyy's act has only affected her chances with the audience not particularly with the organizers as she hasn't broken any of our rules. The audience is the judge with the power of their votes so it's in your hands. However, if this were to be a case where she plagiarized in her responses to any our own questions (which will come up in the contest), then she could be disqualified.

It's up to you (the audience) if you still want to vote for her or not.

Thank you.

Ivyy has been graceful but her team has been insulting the intelligence of Nairalanders by claiming Ivyy wrote the Naij.com article. That's the biggest insult.

Ivyy, tell your team to stand down. They are doing more damage to your campaign.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

I weak for bones my brother. Funny thing be say some of them forget say them get candidates.

Since na to day throw difficult questions nah to storm the thread and throw my own questions make I see whether them nor go run enter Google. grin
I don get better calculus wey I go throw them today cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Monalisa185(f): 11:11am On Jun 16, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

You have to think before you type.. it is a hard thing to do, but just learn it...

Only four contestants have been interviewed and you think the remaining ones are cheats like your candidate

Get ready for the explosive nature of other candidates smiley

I beg your pardon? Do you mind explaining the bolded because I really do not understand that thing you put there

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:11am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

Tosyne follow dey ask those kind questions bah? cheesy
Na him be chairman of the association. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Zenayia(f): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2016
Please what is this? undecided

Why is no one talking about this one?

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2016
Okikiki:

I won't reply your quotes again henceforth because of obvious reason well known to you.

However, If I must remind you, silence remains the best answer.........
Please wear the garment of shame and run away. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2016
SweetieConstie:

Oga! E don do naa??

Haba!!! undecided Even if you're being paid to bring her down by all means, the organisers have spoken and Dygeasy has proferred an ultimate solution to the whole ish!

Just go and rest already... Let it slide! Bikonu?
I'll let it slide if you reply my pm. grin LMaO.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Dygeasy(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2016
Twaci:
All I see is wisdom cool
Okikiki:

Me too.
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Guy undecided

I don't think she should be disqualified.. Half the things on Nairaland, front page especially, are plagiarism.. Who's complaining?? She took few words from Naij.com.. Why should we complain about that one?? Just because a mimz supporter told everyone what she did.. You think all mimz supporters want her disqualified and that makes you think we're playing dirty or whatever.. Smh

You just contradicted yourself, but I'm not ready to drag the issue further..

For the records, Biafrabushboy, Senibo1, Thagift and Repogirl are members of Refiner's team.

They are the ones who started this controversy and who have been creating threads, not Mimzy's team or Lanicky's team or even Mysticgal's team.

Learn to blame accordingly!

I can see some people trying to blame members of other heavyweight teams.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185:

[b]you think you know what plagiarism is? I don't think you do, maybe you've always heard people define it, but I put it to you that defining plagiarism is not all there is to it...

Lemme enlighten you and you can as well make your research on the word "plagiarism"

When someone uses a partucular person's work without adding any other thing to it, whether his/her own work or from another person's work, without the person's permission, of course.that person is said to have plagiarized...

BUT!

When someone uses a person's work, but goes ahead to add his/her own work to it or even adds from another person's work, it is called RESEARCH and not PLAGIARISM.. ..

Judging from Ivy's case, she never used only what was found on naiji.whatever, she equally added some other things which made it a RESEARCH and not a case of PLAGIARISM!!

II sincerely hope you and others who are busy stressing this issue can differentiate between PLAGIARISM and RESEARCH!

Cc: dygeasy seun[/b]
LMAO! At the colored! I suppose you don't know what referencing is, and I'm sure you have no idea what plagiarism mean.

A dean, when I was still a student, was suspended because he did exactly what I highlighted above!.

This girl you funny sha!.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Laveda(f): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2016
Cherryice I saw what you did yesterday cheesy tongue embarassed

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2016
Zenayia:

I believe she was given a 3 day ban or so, for that nonsense she did.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Twaci(f): 11:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Thank you smiley
You are welcome smiley
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Zenayia:

Who's this one again? That incident isn't Miss Nairaland related and we all know it.

You don't want to attack the obvious culprits who started this controversy (Refiner's team) because KingInValhala and Maxi are your friends, right?

Shame on you, rasta!

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by ronald4lif(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Not at all, most literature enthusiast would react this way. I just want what's right, nothing more.

This same instance happened in the rap section, and the moniker involved was given a year ban. We must not overlook things like this, no matter how the little it is, never foregt: “To leave error unrefuted is to encourage intellectual
immorality.” — Karl Marx.

Just my two cents bro.

There have been countless instances where people lifted work from others in verbatim on this forum and they were never incarcerated, most times the mods just delete/lock the thread. Though not holding brief for her but hers was an excerpt from the piece she lifted not the entire work.

Tosyne2much and many others have been victims many times and even though it was their complete work they didn't wince about like some of you have been on this case since last night.

The organizers have said this has nothing to do with them and that its up to voters to decide with their ballots if she's worth their vote. I think that should suffice. We all have just one vote, let's vote out the 'cheats' na bros. Isn't it simple?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Monalisa185(f): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
LMAO! At the colored! I suppose you don't know what referencing is, and I'm sure you have no idea what plagiarism mean.

A dean, when I was still a student, was suspended because he did exactly what I highlighted above!.

This girl you funny sha!.

read what I wrote very well, this time, do it slowly..I'm not going to drag this issue with you, perhaps, you should go back to your school and find out why the dean was suspended, whether for making a research or for putting up someone's entire work with referencing the source...

#cheers
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185:

[b]you think you know what plagiarism is? I don't think you do, maybe you've always heard people define it, but I put it to you that defining plagiarism is not all there is to it...

BUT!

Cc: dygeasy seun[/b]
I still can't help but laugh tremendously at the colored.

[size=45pt]LMFAO[/size]

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2016
Zenayia:
Dies. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Creamish(f): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Zenayia:

This has been taken care of. If u could dig it out, ul be able to dig out the outcome too. Its no longer an issue.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Thank you smiley

Vos es exspectata
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by obiorathesubtle: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2016
CrudeGold:

For the records, Biafrabushboy, Senibo1, Thagift and Repogirl are members of Refiner's team.

They are the ones who started this controversy and who have been creating threads, not Mimzy's team or Lanicky's team or even Mysticgal's team.

Learn to blame accordingly!

I can see some people trying to blame members of other heavyweight teams.
Noted.. Thank you.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185:

read what I wrote very well, this time, do it slowly..I'm not going to drag this issue with you, perhaps, you should go back to your school and find out why the dean was suspended, whether for making a research or for putting up someone's entire work with referencing the source...

#cheers
Abegi make we hear word joor! Yeye dey smell. According to you, when you add someone else' work to your own, its called research, research? Like seriously I wonder where you got that mundane definition from.

Mtscheeew!.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2016
davide470:
Hi T,

We spoke yesternite and i didn't wanna bring this up till i saw this comment.

I wonder why this is still an issue.

You do know i write on Economic policies and i am also a part of Ivyy's advisory team, who advised her on answering said particular question. The said words being quoted on-here was taken out of a Paid Research report, as such, plagiarism is not an issue.

If someone can asked what devaluation is, it also mean i can ask the contestants to explain the working dynamics of a lathe machine (well, i studied engineering), as such, i expect them to know it too. (Don't ask my why).

Sir, you are a moderator so you should be neutral or appear to be.

How can we have a fair contest when some people that are suppose to be the guardians have openly pitched their tent with a candidate?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2016
It's Ivyy versus all of you.

Bring it on. Your lies and controversies made her even stronger.tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Monalisa185(f): 11:30am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Abegi make we hear word joor! Yeye dey smell. According to you, when you add someone else' work to your own, its called research, research? Like seriously I wonder where you got that mundane definition from.

Mtscheeew!.

mr man, if you are not ready to carry out your research, I think you should stop quoting me...I really don't like discussing with people who are not ready to make a simple research...people who prefer to hold on to what they 'think' they know...

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by cherryice(f): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2016
StillBrandnew:

Your point is well noted Esther Fabian. grin

Aka Lanicky's typist.
This is funny grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

I Am Deeply Sorry I Love You / My Girlfriend Demands Sex Every Day / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.