Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (30772 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Mjshexy(f): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
But why do some ladies keep the guy hanging on when they know the relationship has no future to them? This same guy probably would have rejected some other lady just because he wants to settle with you instead but at the end when he pops up the question, u blatantly turn him down. Hmm it's really a disgraceful & scary experience, wifey may have to propose to me instead..lol cheesy
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by montezz(f): 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
drnoel:

Now thats evil and unfair but I bet I saw one most sinister than yours.

Was once men in suit for a pal of my cousin who was an architect. Guy was getting married to a babe he was dating for a few months. Organized a massive wedding to impress the bride. The bride didn't show up for her wedding but followed another nigger to South Africa. She scattered the niggers heart but we later heard why she refused. She had placed the guy on hold for years and had started dating the guy from what we heard out of pity. One would wonder what she and her sister meant by out of pity cos the 3-4/5 months she was dating the guy while waiting for her drug boyfriend in south Africa she was living in the guy's house, acting wife material. In the guys words which I believe cos I knew him pretty well, he was 4king her everyday. She didnt even drop a note or tried to explain, she just did an MIA on him.
I learnt a lesson that date. It just taught me as much as I love our naija sisters most of them gurls dont get loyality and not to be trusted. That doesn't mean we shouldn't love em. It just means in case of an eventuality don't break down. Men I saw a lively young man reduced to nothing on his own wedding day. Crying himself to pieces. It was left for us to pick up the pieces the girl had destroyed.
That girl is cruel... She get mind o. How is he {ur friend} now?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Antina:

The man na strong man ooo cheesy
hahaha na love oo and now we are married I can't do without him
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Lamor(f): 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Godvilla:
I would love
to have the honour of making ur wish a reality
Awwww..speechless.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jozee8: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol
So lucky! some don't have two chances talk more of four! a case of what will be....
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by montezz(f): 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
laraoge:
Is a proposal necessary even when u both know the goal of the relationship is marriage? Am confused....Does He still need to propose?

What happens to the proposal ring afterwards? Is the proposal ring used as the same wedding ring/engagement wedding ring? Pls enlighten me peeps!!
Have been asking myself same questions over and over again. Why be with a man/woman you have no plan to marry? Why wait on a ring and a scripted proposal lol?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
lekjons:
i don't get the fuss about that proposal thingy..

i felt it't oyinbo thing, why should i propose when we've be f**king
why should i ask someone who claimed to love me if she'll marry me??

i'll just wake-up one day and tell her i'm considering doing engagement, then other things follow naturally..

no time for all those on the plane, in the waters, on air, on expressway etc proposal..

Now that's my nigga!

Or I'll just keep banging without condom waiting for her to tell me she's pregnant...
"Let's go see your people then"

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
jozee8:

So lucky! some don't have two chances talk more of four! a case of what will be....
exactly I loved him a lot but he wasn't spiritual that was y I said no for that many times but thank God we are married now I would have regretted losing him he's a really great man

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by marvelous000: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lamor:
I don't have the heart to reject a guy.If I knw you can't get past the friend zone and u r already becoming too attached,I give a break.Atleast all excess feelings can wear off.Or I could jx say it jokingly,bt my message would be passed across.I can't bear to see someone feel bad cos of me,and mehn u don't marry outta pity.Though I'm looking forward to a romantic proposal.#winks.
[size=13pt]
On the embolded. grin
[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by internetpo(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol

Wow! I am happy for you. You damn lucky. What were the reasons you said no to him the 1st 3 times. He had any bad habit or you weren't in love with him then and why the change after the fourth time. You asked him why he broke his promise of not proposing after the 3rd time.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ROZZAYY(f): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
I was proposed to yesterday and I rejected by saying am sorry dear I can't marry you but am sure you will find someone who loves you and I will always be there for you as a friend.
reasons: the guy used to be my bf in uni, we broke up after sch and we haven't seen for like 3yrs but we talk on phone. we are just friends and he knows that am engaged to someone else and he just wakes up one morning and asks will you marry me? hell no!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jopretty(f): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
I dare not oo
salabscholar01:
you children may not look like him, though cheesy try it grin
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by don4real18(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Really? Daddy? In this century? na wa oooooo. He is a traditional man, all those who will tell their wives to kneel with two legs when greeting them and serving them meals. Gosh, Daddy? awkward I say. Thank God you got out fast.
So, is it wrong to call one's hubby "Daddy"... Are u married sef DAT u are giving someone advice or have anyone ever proposed to you
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jozee8: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
exactly I loved him a lot but he wasn't spiritual that was y I said no for that many times but thank God we are married now I would have regretted losing him he's a really great man
Happy for you! many are in the wilderness of regret now! God abeg make my own no pass me by ooo
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Na so life be @ times you cold.

Blade21:
hahaha and funny enough he was the kinda guys ladies don't do shakara for until he met me
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Lamor(f): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
marvelous000:

[size=13pt]
On the embolded. grin
[/size]
Yes na..u can't jx pop out the ring from nowhere and ask me to marry u.No mata how much it glitters,atleast try to be...u knw na.Lol.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
internetpo:

Wow! I am happy for you. You damn lucky. What were the reasons you said no to him the 1st 3 times. He had any bad habit or you weren't in love with him then and why the change after the fourth time. You asked him why he broke his promise of not proposing after the 3rd time.
I loved him with my whole life but he wasn't spiritual the guy was a realist who believes in chance while me i was highly spiritual so that's y and the 4th time after our space I realised I couldn't stay without him I loved him so much and he worked on himself he's not all pastor but he believes in God now one day I just sent him a message like I miss you please don't call back and he called and that was it

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by koolpope(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
................by dat time wey u don nearly expire
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
koolpope:
................by dat time wey u don nearly expire
nope I was 20 when we met got married to him at 22 we have two boys now
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
jozee8:

Happy for you! many are in the wilderness of regret now! God abeg make my own no pass me by ooo
lol

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=madridguy post=46688130]Na so life be @ times you cold. Lol I guess he persisted becuase of my age he felt that's y to him I was been childish he's 10years older than me was 30 when we met I was 20 then got married 2years after

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by marvelous000: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lamor:

Yes na..u can't jx pop out the ring from nowhere and ask me to marry u.No mata how much it glitters,atleast try to be...u knw na.Lol.
[size=13pt]
Ok grin
[/size]

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by MrCEO69(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

I didn't want to break their hearts sad

their so u were keeping (milking) them, till dey propose, den u say no to dem. No worry! Soon na u go they look for one.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Antina(f): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:

Na God save u. cheesy
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Antina:

Na God save u. cheesy
hahahaha I think i said yes at the perfect time
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lamor:

Awwww..speechless.
Wish I can know what's on ur mind right now
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
May God continue to bless your home.

[quote author=Blade21 post=46688372][/quote]
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Do you mean kneeling down to greet someone husband I awkward? shocked

Don't get me wrong it's not awkward oooooo, but it's awkward when you force it on someone and make it look like your life depends on it. And the awkward I was referring to in my post is the daddy issue. Are you married, if yes, Did you force your wife to call you daddy? There are other pet names that aren't disrespectful and why Daddy? That's being too traditional.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=madridguy post=46688492]May God continue to bless your home.
amen
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=madridguy post=46688492]May God continue to bless your home.
amen thanks dear
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by thorpido(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
laraoge:
Is a proposal necessary even when u both know the goal of the relationship is marriage? Am confused....Does He still need to propose?

What happens to the proposal ring afterwards? Is the proposal ring used as the same wedding ring/engagement wedding ring? Pls enlighten me peeps!!

cc:thorpido
Ewuro4
Mindfulness
I'm old school so for me there was no proposal.It was,bia nwanne,ka m izute muru gi(let me meet your parents).
A proposal is not necessary but in this generation,it adds to the fun I guess,so it's good for you if your man wants to do it.
You keep the engagement ring in your trinket box afterwards.It's not usually the wedding ring.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Acidosis(m): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:

smh, I dey go report you now now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child / Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.