Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5402259 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 5:32am On Apr 20, 2017
CravingChic:

Lol...I took letrozole 2 5 twice daily...but it doesnt work. So I am up to 4tyms now ...totalling 7.5. I start 5 - 9 but some people do 3-7.

Overdose ooo. Stop it. Max dosage is 5mg daily. Abeg, we no wan move from TTC to cancer.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 5:34am On Apr 20, 2017
@prettymaxi, can u take down ur lab result now, or atleast, fold it to cover ur name?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 7:06am On Apr 20, 2017
nneejima:

Duphaston & primolut na the same work dey do, some contraceptives delay conception for certain people too. Letrozole na 2.5mg per tablet but u have to work with ur gynae to know how many mg dt ll Stimulate ur ovary. check higher pharmacies to know if you fit get am cos letrozole na drug for treating cancer so its not common

thanks a lot ma. God bless for ur response

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 7:08am On Apr 20, 2017
mamatwiny:

Overdose ooo. Stop it. Max dosage is 5mg daily. Abeg, we no wan move from TTC to cancer.

ma, I spent sometime researching it last night. n from what I read, max dose is 7.5mg daily.

though mama cravingchic from what I read u are not supposed to split the dose through the day, just like clomid you take it all at once for that day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2017
CravingChic:

Lol...I took letrozole 2 5 twice daily...but it doesnt work. So I am up to 4tyms now ...totalling 7.5. I start 5 - 9 but some people do 3-7.

thanks for ur response ma, I spent some time last night reading on it. from my findings you are not supposed to split the dosage through the day. so if you are taking 5mg for example, you are to take the two tabs once daily like clomid. then you may also try CD 3-7 too. except you are working with ur gynae and the way you take it was specified.

BTW; a thread I read yesterday the people kept using the word guinea for gynae. I wonder why.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MamaHeaven: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2017
Good morning mamas,

Please can you advise on good hospitals/ health centers in lagos where i and hubby can go for good fertility check up that is not too expensive?
I currently use Eko hospital but their process is tiring and they seem to be taking us in circles. They are making TTC more stressful for me.

Please help a sister. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2017
Zino89:
please mama where in amuwo odofin did you buy letrozole?

Blue seal pharmacy by diamond estate(golden tulip close).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 8:15am On Apr 20, 2017
joyousf:

thanks for ur response ma, I spent some time last night reading on it. from my findings you are not supposed to split the dosage through the day. so if you are taking 5mg for example, you are to take the two tabs once daily like clomid. then you may also try CD 3-7 too. except you are working with ur gynae and the way you take it was specified.

BTW; a thread I read yesterday the people kept using the word guinea for gynae. I wonder why.

Yes, you are right 5mg is the regular dose and taken at once by some patients.I was upped to 7.5mg when TVS showed poor response. As per taken it once or soread through, my gyny told me to do it however I liked. Cos I expressed fear of side effects. My dear, God will do it for us regardless of these drugs we take. My faith is in him.

Fertility blessings!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 8:30am On Apr 20, 2017
@mamatwiny, thanks for your concern, although I think you went a little too far in your mention of cancer. Most of us already know that letrozole is a drug for breast cancer patients, so why make such a statement. Most of these drugs we take here have had severe side effects on most of us, but we still continue with the hope that someday these struggles shall be a thing of the past. I would advise you be subtle in your counsel, we are all from different backgrounds in this group and so perception differs. I don't think you are a gynaecologist so do not assume as well. If you read my advice very well to her, I said the normal dose is 5mg but I am now on 7.5mg. Most gynys usu up the dose of their patients if they do not get the results they expect after some cycles and that is my situation.

Fertility blessings!

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 8:52am On Apr 20, 2017
CravingChic:

Yes, you are right 5mg is the regular dose and taken at once by some patients.I was upped to 7.5mg when TVS showed poor response. As per taken it once or soread through, my gyny told me to do it however I liked. Cos I expressed fear of side effects. My dear, God will do it for us regardless of these drugs we take. My faith is in him.

Fertility blessings!
I read on babycenter(oyibo people TTC/pregnancy forum) a lady's gynea upped her dosage to 12.5, that that's the maximum dosage, cause she didn't respond to the rest doses, some used 10mg. But u start from 2.5(taken twice daily or just once) while checking with scan, if it dsnt work den u kip increasing it... And the mama that said letrozole causes cancer, inasmuch as self medication is bad pls no put too much fear 4 our body, letrozole is used to cure breast cancer so it can't cause breast cancer, its also used in women to enable them not to have low ovarian reserve after cancer treatments incase they wana have kids or thereabt..

Zino89 cravingchic got it from the pharmarcy I posted here which I tagged you, but guess u where put off bcs someone said 2k for a pack of 14 is too cheap... Anyways I pray whatever we use works for us and doesn't cause too much side effects...

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 9:00am On Apr 20, 2017
mummykyrti:

Zino89 cravingchic got it from the pharmarcy I posted here which I tagged you, but guess u where put off bcs someone said 2k for a pack of 14 is too cheap... Anyways I pray whatever we use works for us and doesn't cause too much side effects...

Yes Sis, thanks for the referral. ....and Amen to your prayers.

Fertility blessings!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2017
Loisemm:
Pweetymii wink .... na their way. lolz @ur papa prescribed all purpose cup. They sabi corner elderly people well well.
Efribodi ooo... e get something wey one elder tell us. This man get 6 pickins now. He say make we try this method. I say make I tell the house too so if una want, u fit try am too.

Babe, are you saying that for 6 straight days after AF some husbands go abstain from the honey pot until the 7th day?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2017
fpeter:

Babe, are you saying that for 6 straight days after AF some husbands go abstain from the honey pot until the 7th day?
Yes but its not compulsory. If konji no gree, give oga o. I think staying off sex till the 7thday is to save sperm. Dh and I started from the 5th day to kpekus as he no gree wait wink We have missed two separate days since then. Its not easy lai lai but its fun. Their main idea is to have frequent sex all through ovulation days so as to catch that egg by all means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2017
Loisemm:

Yes but its not compulsory. If konji no gree, give oga o. I think staying off sex till the 7thday is to save sperm. Dh and I started from the 5th day to kpekus as he no gree wait wink We have missed two separate days since then. Its not easy lai lai but its fun. Their main idea is to have frequent sex all through ovulation days so as to catch that egg by all means.

I'll try this out, you never can tell...may God help our hustle and give us bountiful harvests.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Zino89: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2017
mummykyrti:
I read on babycenter(oyibo people TTC/pregnancy forum) a lady's gynea upped her dosage to 12.5, that that's the maximum dosage, cause she didn't respond to the rest doses, some used 10mg. But u start from 2.5(taken twice daily or just once) while checking with scan, if it dsnt work den u kip increasing it... And the mama that said letrozole causes cancer, inasmuch as self medication is bad pls no put too much fear 4 our body, letrozole is used to cure breast cancer so it can't cause breast cancer, its also used in women to enable them not to have low ovarian reserve after cancer treatments incase they wana have kids or thereabt..

thanks ma'am I went there last week Monday they say e Don finish they even collected my num that dey will call me as soon as its available but up till now I never see their call.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2017
SMEP

Sperm -Meets -Egg-Plan

Try reading up on it. I think that's kinda what loisemm was trying to explain.
God will answer everyone's prayers. Amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by prettymaxy(f): 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Femsyn:
@prettymaxy, for security/privacy reasons, i'd advise you edit out your name off the hormonal profile upload.
I just took it down. Thank u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Zino89:
thanks ma'am I went there last week Monday they say e Don finish they even collected my num that dey will call me as soon as its available but up till now I never see their call.
sorry I misjudged, gtc mamas like craving chic don go finish their letro, dem go soon dey wonder why plenty people dey come ask 4 am, make una no let them add price ontop oooo

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
mummykyrti:
sorry I misjudged, gtc mamas like craving chic don go finish their letro, dem go soon dey wonder why plenty people dey come ask 4 am, make una no let them add price ontop oooo

Lwkmd...You no well this babe ooo grin cheesy...no be only me o...mummykyrti follow oo and God knows other silent members in the group.
@Zino...you should have collected their number to remind them. The ladies at the pharmacy are too playful.

Fertility blessings!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Zino89: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
CravingChic:

Lwkmd...You no well this babe ooo grin cheesy...no be only me o...mummykyrti follow oo and God knows other silent members in the group.
@Zino...you should have collected their number to remind them. The ladies at the pharmacy are too playful.

Fertility blessings!
lol.....i go check back tomorrow.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
CravingChic:

Fertility blessings!
those ladies tire me, dem no know letro o, na the guy there know the drug wella, myb now dem fit don know am but if that guy no know bfre dem fit say e no dey
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chrissyjay: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
The doctors said i have complex adnexie cyst after series of infection.
Started fertility treatment process towards end of January. Registered in a gen hospital. D gynea asked me to do hormonal test and HSG. was waiting for my period to show in feb to carry out the hormonal test which i already paid for. but it neva came. itested using a home pt and it came out positive to the glory of God

What i did in January- i prayed with other men of God in my church, paid my first fruit(told God i dont want to treat and disease or sickness again, what i want is for Him to make me fruitful), fasted and prayed for 30days (my church thing, its called victory month) and i prayed like i wont pray again.
God had mercy on me.

I prayed for my mamas that God will visit you wen u least expect in Jesus name.

I'm sorry for posting late, i didnt get mysef, couldnt even look at my phone. I'm just getting some strenght so decided to post today.

My mamas are next in line for a miracle!
2017mamas!

33 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
@Chrissyjay, congratulations, you shall carry to full term and deliver safely like the Hebrew women in Jesus name. Happy bumping!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Double post
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MGeey(f): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
Congratulations chrissyjay. God is truly faithful. May you carry to term and deliver healthy baby(ies) successfully. God will keep you and hubby alive and grant you guys the needed ability to take care of your LOs. Congratulations once again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
joyousf:

Typo error
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
I thank everybody o
Thanks for all the wish
This mama John of a name must come to pass
@ sister mi nikylux e se mo dupe gan o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
I happy with you @ Chrissyjay
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
CravingChic:

Fertility blessings!

I silent since but, i no join buy am

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
mummykyrti:
those ladies tire me, dem no know letro o, na the guy there know the drug wella, myb now dem fit don know am but if that guy no know bfre dem fit say e no dey

As the girls don know now make una ready because d price go soon skyrocket
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
fpeter:

I'll try this out, you never can tell...may God help our hustle and give us bountiful harvests.

lol @ our hustle kikiki
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
mamatwiny:

7.5 is max not overdose one mama used it here nd achieved supersupersuper bundle

(1) (2) (3) ... (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.