Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,246 members, 7,853,245 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5440338 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yetunspepper:
Hello Fruitful mamas, am not actually new here jst dat I dnt comment but read posts. Pls I want u to interpret my TVS result for me.
The uterus is normal in size
Anteverted and non gravid
It has homogenus myometrium wit uniform outline
The endometrial cavity was seen wit a thickness of abt 9.3mm
Biggest follicle in left n right ovaries measure abt 7.6mm and 7.4mm
Pouch of douglas appears free.
Pls am awaiting ur comments
Mamas pls look into dis 4 me. Sprinkling baby dust to us all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yetunspepper:
Hello Fruitful mamas, am not actually new here jst dat I dnt comment but read posts. Pls I want u to interpret my TVS result for me.
The uterus is normal in size
Anteverted and non gravid
It has homogenus myometrium wit uniform outline
The endometrial cavity was seen wit a thickness of abt 9.3mm
Biggest follicle in left n right ovaries measure abt 7.6mm and 7.4mm
Pouch of douglas appears free.
Pls am awaiting ur comments
Mamas pls look into dis 4 me. Sprinkling baby dust our ways
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ayaayo:
Hello fruitful mama's and papa's please i need your answers to this question o, before i go nuts

Is it possible to have regular/prompt cycle and not ovulate every month. If it is possible then where does the flow come from?

how do you know, u aint ovulating??
menses is the sheeding of the uterine lining wch thickens to accept the fertilized egg, if conception takes place.
only a tvs can conclusively tell if u ovulated or not, a cd 21 hormonal test can also indicate, based on the progesterone reading.

from my research the following can cause a woman with regular cycle not to get preg

1. male factor issues
2. blocked/damaged tubes usually from d n c and pid {the worst case is if the very fine hair lie cillia that propel the egg/sperm gets damaged as a result of pid/d&c the tubes will still be open, but the hair like structures that lie inside that move the egg/sperm are destroyed...thus no movement happens....i personnally blv this may be the cause of many unexplained infertility
3. scarred uterus [ashermans syndrome, and from d&c ] preventing implantation
4. hormonal issues, that cause the eggs not to mature
5. spiritual issues.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yetunspepper:
at Cd 8
@mumihaja tanks a lot.I appreciate. Pls dos fibroids cos miscarriage?.n how can I get it removed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
mumihaja:

@Ramcie, except for the cramp, with pcos you expect your follicles to mature late which means you should start testing from cd 14 to 19 except you are on ovulation induction drug thats when you can expect it to mature early.....on cd6 your folicle should be around 6mm or less and ovulation occurs from 22mm........ovulation in pcos is usually very late that explains why you have a long cycle and if you always have to always induce Af it means you usually dont ovulate at all cos ovulation occurs exactly 14days after ovulation.....i usually suggest vitex, maca and red clover to people with pcos

Thanks dear.had no fibroid b4 but after taking clomid got fibriod.wat other ovulation drug is gud apart from clomid pls rply

@freshnessbabies, you can take Soy Isoflavones as it does same work as clomid with no side effect and it is taken same way you take clomid, as in you take it from cd 2 or cd3 and for 5 days alone.

@spiritualgal, @sugah has said it all.

@yetunspepper, what day of your cycle did you do the TVS?
tnx mumihaja I appreciate a lot.so stressed which God will mk us testify dis midest of d yr
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lollyrekiat(f): 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
mmyglitz:
@lollyrekiat maybe you should ask your doctor about ashermans syndrome. It may be a possibility, since 2003 is a very long time. You can read more about it online, was a stent placed after the adhesiolysis??
Thanks in a million for ur prompt response, yes stent was placed, could it be one of d causes?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
Freshnessbabies:
tnx mumihaja I appreciate a lot.so stressed which God will mk us testify dis midest of d yr
am tld my cervix is retroverted or by d corner.anytin to do to get it straight? Pls reply as I wnt to get d ovulation drug n get help concerning d cervix cos am tld sperm can not move up wit such cervix

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Evening mamas, @legendmother and other sabi mamas pls look into my result biko
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
Xoxo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
legendsmother:
@yetundspepper dear which cd are u? When u did dis tvs?
@ Cd 8
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yetunspepper:
@ Cd 8
I did it today
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
legendsmother:
Ok @yetundspepper normerly it's sspose to grow approximately 3mm daily so if we apply dat formular from CD 9 to 14 we have 5days nd if our eggs grow 3mm daily dats plus 3 times 5mm nd dats 15mm plus d 7mm dat we are on cd8 u wud av an egg of size 22mm on cd14 so it's a good sign dear fingers crossed for u, u av to repeat the tvs on CD 13
thanks so much really appreciate it. God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
Amen ma.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Freshnessbabies:
am tld my cervix is retroverted or by d corner.anytin to do to get it straight? Pls reply as I wnt to get d ovulation drug n get help concerning d cervix cos am tld sperm can not move up wit such cervix

@freshnessbabies, from what we have learnt on this thread, doggy style works well for retroverted cervix and after bd lie on ur tummy and probably support your hips with a pillow, it depends on the size of the fibroid and the position and you can shrink your fibroid using ACV and black strap molasses, my sister conceived with fibroid and gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

@yetundepepper, your result is perfect for cd8...ur endometruim is thick enough for implantation so expect a bfp this cycle, i learnt hot water massage on the abdomen accelerates follicle growth sha.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2015
good morning great mothers.
do have a plesant day.

whats that smell?? i smell BFP every where on this thread. grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 8:37am On Jun 03, 2015
@ Freshnessbabies, yes fibroid can cause miscarriage in many instances but it depends on the location and the size. Do you have fibroid? If you do, talk to your doctor about it to see his views. Location and size really matters for ttc. @Yetunspepper Your TVS has been explained to you. Do as Legendsmother said to see what the size will be by cd13. But were you on any drug? @Ayaayo why not track your cycle and see if you don't ovulate. Research has it that ovulation is what leads to menstruation. Only tracking will tell you what's going on. Also note some antibiotics indirectly affect your cycle and ovulation may come late, thus prolonging that cycle. Absence of EWCM doesn't mean you have not ovulated. Some people still ovulate without any visible mucus. @all good morning and welcome to newbies. @alwaystrue how body? @BlessedDiva and mum2bsoon hope you're good.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 8:47am On Jun 03, 2015
Freshnessbabies:
@mumihaja tanks a lot.I appreciate. Pls dos fibroids cos miscarriage?.n how can I get it removed.

there are different types of fibroids.

what type of fibroid do you have?

how many have you got?

where's the location?

what is the size?

do you have any discomfort from the fibroids? pain? heavy menses, etc?

if this will reassure you - i was diagonised with fibroids even before i was ready to have a baby. i conceived immediately i was ready and to the Glory of God, the whole journey has gone smoothly.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 03, 2015
@ Kudibaby, have u ever had an explanation for this ?

@ Omalichachim, thanks for the explanation. it's just very confusing going by your explanation, i have been told you won't have regular cycles, becos the lining will only shed off its excess that has built up for a while if that is the case, otherwise you can just have few cycles anovulatory.

@RipVanWink, i suspect becos there has been no thermal shift on my bbt chart in the last 2 cycles as well as just seeing partial fern on ovatel on cd8-10, unlike march cycle that i recorded thermal shift and full fern on the same day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 9:35am On Jun 03, 2015
miraclebaby:
@ Freshnessbabies, yes fibroid can cause miscarriage in many instances but it depends on the location and the size. Do you have fibroid? If you do, talk to your doctor about it to see his views. Location and size really matters for ttc. @Yetunspepper Your TVS has been explained to you. Do as Legendsmother said to see what the size will be by cd13. But were you on any drug? @Ayaayo why not track your cycle and see if you don't ovulate. Research has it that ovulation is what leads to menstruation. Only tracking will tell you what's going on. Also note some antibiotics indirectly affect your cycle and ovulation may come late, thus prolonging that cycle. Absence of EWCM doesn't mean you have not ovulated. Some people still ovulate without any visible mucus. @all good morning and welcome to newbies. @alwaystrue how body? @BlessedDiva and mum2bsoon hope you're good.
Freshnessbabies:
tanks a million dearies.at first said d fibriod is of insignificant...... N during d hydrotubation d doc said it outside DAT it can not b d one causing d infertility.I tuk in in 2013 dan no fibriod but lost it at early stage.august after clomid during d TTC for 2cycle got d fibriod tuk in n lost d preg d 1st was just one fibriod but dis time 2 wit one less dan 1cm so its multiple so d doc said.no pain no heavy period but d cycle av changed from 28 to 25. Tnx mumihaja.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lollyrekiat(f): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2015
lollyrekiat:

Thanks in a million for ur prompt response, yes stent was placed, could it be one of d causes?
I made mistake, pls not 2003 but 2013
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2015
helovesme:

how many have you got?
where's the location?
what is the size?
if this will reassure you - i was diagonised with fibroids even before i was ready to have a baby. i conceived immediately i was ready and to the Glory of God, the whole journey has gone smoothly.
helovesme:

how many have you got?

where's the location?

what is the size?

my result is.bulky uterus wit well define endometrun wit normal endometric plate.fibriod seedlings F1 4.2×4.1
F2 3.2x3.3. Some seedling less dan 1cm also noticed.adaexial adfesion minimal.ovaries and tubal ... Normal.but don't c d location indicated.but during Hydrotubation heard d doc said its outside n can not cause infertility..waiting4 ur reply.tnx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2015
mumihaja:

@freshnessbabies, from what we have learnt on this thread, doggy style works well for retroverted cervix and after bd lie on ur tummy and probably support your hips with a pillow, it depends on the size of the fibroid and the position and you can shrink your fibroid using ACV and black strap molasses, my sister conceived with fibroid and gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

@yetundepepper, your result is perfect for cd8...ur endometruim is thick enough for implantation so expect a bfp this cycle, i learnt hot water massage on the abdomen accelerates follicle growth sha.
pls wats ACV n dis blace strap molasses
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 03, 2015
@miraclebaby, my dear sister i kuku dey chart my temp o(bbt) although i intend to change my thermometer to a 2 decimal type maybe that will make a difference, i also use ovatel (ov microscope). Well i have decided to take hormone profile and HSG. i'll see what is going on.

fertility blessings to us.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2015
Yetunspepper:
hi yetunspepper any idea on my result but check d result out.any little help.tnx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Yetunspepper: 9:53am On Jun 03, 2015
miraclebaby:
Thanks for ur response but am not on any drug
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2015
Freshnessbabies:
my result is.bulky uterus wit well define endometrun wit normal endometric plate.fibriod seedlings F1 4.2×4.1
F2 3.2x3.3. Some seedling less dan 1cm also noticed.adaexial adfesion minimal.ovaries and tubal ... Normal.but don't c d location indicated.but during Hydrotubation heard d doc said its outside n can not cause infertility..waiting4 ur reply.tnx

mine were smaller than yours and i was told my uterus was bulky. i dont know the full technical details of my scan result as it was done by the sonographer and sent straight to my doctor. my doctor never showed me the result either as we just discussed the results over the phone and that was it.

mine is also located outside and just as your doctor has told you, my doctor also told me that it cannot cause infertility AND HE WAS RIGHT. my doctor saw it as a complete non-issue.

get apple cider vinegar and start drinking it (diluted with water) which was what i did. some of the beautiful ladies here have spoken about black strap molasses but i have never used it before.

my doctor advised me he told me to watch my diet (i stopped full cream/skimmed milk and switched to almond milk), start exercising, take lots of fresh fruits and vegetables., eat lots of fruits and vegetable, exercise and i should take FOLIC ACID TABLETS once a day and also an 'A-Z MULTIVITAMIN TABLET' once a day.

most importantly, you need to track your cycle, know when you are ovulating and baby dance during your fertile days.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Freshnessbabies(f): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2015
helovesme:

mine were smaller than yours and i was told my uterus was bulky. i dont know the full technical details of my scan result as it was done by the sonographer and sent straight to my doctor. my doctor never showed me the result either as we just discussed the results over the phone and that was it.
mine is also located outside and just as your doctor has told you, my doctor also told me that it cannot cause infertility AND HE WAS RIGHT. my doctor saw it as a complete non-issue.
get apple cider vinegar and start drinking it (diluted with water) which was what i did. some of the beautiful ladies here have spoken about black strap molasses but i have never used it before.
my doctor advised me he told me to watch my diet (i stopped full cream/skimmed milk and switched to almond milk), start exercising, take lots of fresh fruits and vegetables., eat lots of fruits and vegetable, exercise and i should take FOLIC ACID TABLETS once a day and also an 'A-Z MULTIVITAMIN TABLET' once a day.
most importantly, you need to track your cycle, know when you are ovulating and baby dance during your fertile days.
Yetunspepper:
tnx dear for or response.pls wat is dis apple cider vineger I can get it in pharmacy store? U kn if I can take soy isoflavones to induce ovulation since I have fibriod?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kudibaby(f): 11:06am On Jun 03, 2015
@Ayaayo well I do feel some signs of o,like sharp pain either from the left or right ovary,is just EWCM that I don't c,I even use to c the thick CM that do precede the EWCM,but after that nothing.though we don't no DH's SFA yet am treating myself first b4 DH,cos of the cyst I have and I don't even no the state of my tubes yet,so am gonna go for the HSG and utrasound scan to c if the cyst is gone b4 putting all the blame on DH.Wishing us BFPs

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Freshnessbabies:
tnx dear for or response.pls wat is dis apple cider vineger I can get it in pharmacy store? U kn if I can take soy isoflavones to induce ovulation since I have fibriod?

how do you know that you are not ovulating? i do not see how fibroid located outside the uterus can stop ovulation

do you know how to track your cycle? do you know your cycle length? do you know the signs of ovulation? do you know how to manually work out your fertile days? have you done a TVS scan at the right time of your cycle to know if really you are ovulating? do you baby dance on your fertile days? without doing all these, i wont suggest you start inducing with drugs and pills as you might just be treating a non-existing problem.

besides, the scan result you posted confirms that your ovaries are okay.

please, dont hang the blame on conceiving on the fibroid. your doctor has told you it wont affect your fertility, so why are you concerned? i have come to realise that fibroid is seen as a BIG DEAL in nigeria, meanwhile the foreign doctors see it as little or nothing(especially if its small). i was also fretting like you when i was told about the fibroids until my doctor told me to freaking calm down and in actual fact worrying/fretting alone can lead to issues with conceiving.

for the apple cider vinegar, get 'braggs raw apple cider vinegar'. see the attached picture below. you should get it at any major supermarket or maybe online (jumia). one of the beautiful ladies here should be able to tell you where you can get it depending on your location.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tenderchic: 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hafsat24:
@Tenderchic..check H-Medix in Wuse 2 Abuja..they have clear blue..not sure of the wondfos dou..

Tnx dear for ur response, i appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.