Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,176 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5419158 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 01, 2015
Happy new month to all mamas here. May God journey with us to achieve our heart desires in Jesus name, amen. I wish us cry of baby in our homes in the next nine months.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2015
@sugah, shocked, I too i'm praying and hoping for a BFP as my DH's bday gift on June 8th grin.
Dear Lord grant our heart desires in Jesus name.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 11:53am On Jun 01, 2015
Happy new month to all mama of glorious children, this is the month we've all been waiting for.

I asked for twins(a boy and a girl) as a birthday gift from God cus this is my birth month as well(june 22)

And to all us in 2ww, this is the set time, the season, the month in which the Lord will manifest his glory In our life and every other mama. Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2015
mompurity2:
@sugah, shocked, I too i'm praying and hoping for a BFP as my DH's bday gift on June 8th grin.
Dear Lord grant our heart desires in Jesus name.

A thunderous amen!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Amhappy(f): 12:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
miraclebaby:
@ Amhappy Cimetidine is for extreme cases. Should be last resort due to side effects. How have you been? which treatment is your dh using now?

My dear we are fine. Thanks for asking. Drs prescribed Addyzoa. We are on it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
mumigrace:
Happy new month mamas in the house and the ones to come grin. This month, i'll ovulate on my birthday (6th). Make una join me in prayers o, the best gift I could ever have for my birthday is a bfp.

beautiful lady. i saw your post on the other thread where you posted your cycle info/length. your cycle is similiar to mine before i conceived. if i was in your shoes, i will start BD from the 8th of June at the earliest or the 9th of June at the latest and do so everyday till at least the 16th of June or at the very latest the 19th of June. i am not sure how you arrived at an ovulation date of the 6th of June though.

i did months and months of research and calculation and based on this, i conceived the very month i was ready.

i agree that BD everyday can be tiring but i dont think doing so for 7-9days is too much a sacrifice to be made. as soon as you get for bfp, you can go off BD and rest well well. that was what i did sha. for my entire 1st trimester, i did nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by dimssy11: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Happy new month All. I am not new but MIA but TTC for 5yrs. God will grant us all our heart desires, our efforts will not be in vain IJN Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by finecheek12: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
Abuja mamas please can any one recommend a good hospital for tubal flushing. Karu/kurudu axis or any where in Abuja
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tenderchic: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
Please Abuja E-sisters, where can i buy ClearBlue and wondfo Ovulation test kits in Abuja, i will really, really appreciate it if i will be directed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
finecheek12:
Abuja mamas please can any one recommend a good hospital for tubal flushing. Karu/kurudu axis or any where in Abuja
Don't know if echo scan karu are into it, but you can call to confirm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by freakingout(f): 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
Happy new month beautiful mamas in the house! I'm not trying to conceive this month but my birthday (15th) wish to God is enough bfps to flood this thread.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by freakingout(f): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
@legendsmother and all the mamas in the house who take their time to answer questions here, God bless you all. As you all have watered this thread with information, may God water your lives. Amen.

@MummyEsther, thanks for replying my mail. I'm more than grateful

@helovesme, thanks for replying my pm. I just wanted you to know that dh's client connected us with a gyneacologist here. She looks like she knows what she's doing but if I'm not satisfied, I will go to Kano. Sincerely, my case is actually more spiritual than physical. That's why I haven't really gone the medical way. But after reading comments here, I asked the doctor for a full scale investigation on my reproductive system and that of dh. Though all they found last year was low progesterone and small fibroid but someone here said to go for checkup every six months. I've already done pelvic scan and swab test, waiting for cd21 for hormonal tests. So no ttc for this month and maybe next as well. Already have guifei bao and ACD with me, waiting for gynapharm, pending the outcome of all the tests. Praying to God for mercy cos I'm now team #nomoretears. Thanks for being there.

I'm sorry for the long post. Talk just dey hungry me.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
@all that asked.....thanks, Nanichukwu is doing fine.

@mummyEsther
my sister l dont know anywhere here.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
Happy new y'all! wishing us a rain of BFP thing June

Anyway i dont know if i am forbidden from mentioning clo.mid on this forum cos most times when i mention it i get barred and thats really sad sad the last thing i said about clo.mid was that "it is a prescription drug, the person who asked the question should see a doctor and take it under doctor's supervision and it can not be combined with vitex....big pharmacies dont sell clomid to you except you come with your doctor's prescription.....i've come to realized that if some people fell into a ditch on a particular road they will keep quiet and let everyone else fall but i am not like that, everyone shouldnt be allowed to learn a lesson the hard way when you know you can help....

Firstly you must know that you have a limited number of time you can use clomid to avoid developing ovarian cancer and that is the more reason you need to see a doctor and let him know if you really need it before administering it, hsg must be done to ascertain the state of your tubes to avoid ectopic pregnancy and after a repeated course of clo.mid your endometrial lining might become too thin that even if the egg fertilises it will not be able to implant and clo.mid causes dryness of the vj and without the cervical fluid the semen might not be able to swim.....so thread carefully with clomid..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
Thank you mumihaja. Very valid points you have raised.
Let me also add that women with fibroids should NOT take clomid. Fibroids feed on estrogen so taking clomid would just increase the fibroids
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good evening sabi mamas may God bless us all in this new month. I just finished using primolut to induce and presently waiting for the withdrawal bleeding. My question is can I use vitex,maca and epo while waiting or shld I wait till bleeding starts.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good points. But some docs actually prescribe d said drug. it might nt go well with some ppl, but it has worked for lottsa ppl as well. So it's not 'all bad'. Just my 1shilling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrsfrank: 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
mumihaja:
Happy new y'all! wishing us a rain of BFP thing June

Anyway i dont know if i am forbidden from mentioning clo.mid on this forum cos most times when i mention it i get barred and thats really sad sad the last thing i said about clo.mid was that "it is a prescription drug, the person who asked the question should see a doctor and take it under doctor's supervision and it can not be combined with vitex....big pharmacies dont sell clomid to you except you come with your doctor's prescription.....i've come to realized that if some people fell into a ditch on a particular road they will keep quiet and let everyone else fall but i am not like that, everyone shouldnt be allowed to learn a lesson the hard way when you know you can help....

Firstly you must know that you have a limited number of time you can use clomid to avoid developing ovarian cancer and that is the more reason you need to see a doctor and let him know if you really need it before administering it, hsg must be done to ascertain the state of your tubes to avoid ectopic pregnancy and after a repeated course of clo.mid your endometrial lining might become too thin that even if the egg fertilises it will not be able to implant and clo.mid causes dryness of the vj and without the cervical fluid the semen might not be able to swim.....so thread carefully with clomid..

True talk mumihaja, my doctor placed me on Clomid 100mg without monitoring me, I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy. Thank God I'm alive today.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kaycee676(f): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good evening mothers, happy new month to u all. Pls av being noticing plenty of cm coming out of my vijayjay. I dnt know wat it means. Pls sabi mama's can u pls explain to me wat it could be. Tanks. Love u all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hafsat24(f): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
@Tenderchic..check H-Medix in Wuse 2 Abuja..they have clear blue..not sure of the wondfos dou..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
kaycee, if you mean egg white cervical mucus den u are in ur fertility window, its time to hit the sheets lady. do the do as your body leads you without tension. i wish u bfp in advance.
greetings to all mamas to be.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
kaycee676 please check google. you can get pictorial explanation for your question
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
at all mamas who are my birth month mate, i wish all of us a BFP this month as our birthday gift from GOD. I am 19th June. Go team June.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ramcie(f): 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 02, 2015
triangullar:
You will feel much more better cos af wont show and you will receive your bfp this month.
Amen and Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by talltosyne: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2015
@mamakenddra, lots of amen in jesus name. We june babes really rocks. Ayam june 21. Wish all june born happy birthda.

Springing lots of baby dust in this month of cold weather.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 9:59am On Jun 02, 2015
sugah:
Thank you mumihaja. Very valid points you have raised.
Let me also add that women with fibroids should NOT take clomid. Fibroids feed on estrogen so taking clomid would just increase the fibroid.

Mumihaja please question for you. Can i continue taking vitex with cyclogest in my 2ww? My doctor initially put me on parlodel but asked me to stop after a pelvic scan showed 4 mature follicles.

@sugah, yes you can..cyclogest is inserted and vitex is taking orally
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2015
@ramcie, whats your cycle length? and why are you testing from cd6? for me i test from cd13
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2015
6 Surprising Facts About the Female Egg Everyone Should Know

Kathryn Cardinal, Herbalist & Fertility Awareness TeacherKathryn Cardinal, Herbalist & Fertility Awareness Teacher

Suprising Facts About a Woman's EggsWe always hear about how interesting men’s sperm are – how quick, agile and strong they are, able to traverse the long journey to the egg, but how much do we know about the other genetic half of a child – the female egg?

In writing this article, I came across some really interesting information about human eggs that I think we should all know! Read on to learn some of the most fascinating facts about human eggs, and the intricate processes of ovulation and conception.
1. Women May Be Making New Eggs Throughout Their Lives

For a long time, biology books have stated that a woman is born with a finite number of eggs – that the production of a woman’s eggs happens entirely in-utero, and ceases before birth. It is usually reported that a woman has 7 million immature eggs when she is in her mother’s womb, and that this number drops to 700,000 by the time she reaches puberty.

But recent research has been turning this theory on its head. Scientists have discovered a new type of stem-cell in the human ovary that may point to the possibility of new eggs continually being formed throughout a woman’s reproductive years. Since men are constantly making new sperm (about 1,500 every second!), it shouldn’t be such a stretch to consider that women may be producing new eggs throughout their lives as well. Further research will be able to confirm this new theory, and continue expanding our view of w

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2015
2. A Human Egg is Remarkably Big

You might be surprised to find out that the human egg is one of the biggest cells in a woman’s body. It is about the size of a grain of sand and can actually be seen with the naked eye. To put this into perspective, an egg is about 4 times bigger than a skin cell, 26 times bigger than a red blood cell, and 16 times bigger than a sperm!
3. An Egg Takes a Long Time to Mature

Most eggs are present within the ovary in an immature state from the time of a woman’s menarche. Some eggs will lie dormant for years or even decades before they begin to mature, while others will degenerate and never develop. For eggs to complete their journey to ovulation, they receive a signal to begin their final maturation process about 150 days before they would be released from the ovary. At the beginning of any given cycle, there are generally about 12 eggs that have started to grow, and as ovulation nears, preference is given to one of those eggs, as it receives the final push to maturity and is then released from the ovary.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.