Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart (2405 Views)

Would You Donate A Kidney To An Ex Who Broke Your Heart? / How To Deal With A Girl That Broke Your Heart... / See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by badassProdigy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
We’ve all had our hearts broken at one point or another. And you know what? We’re all better people for it.

1. For teaching you that life goes on...

When your heart is smashed into a million pieces by the one person you allowed yourself to trust with it, your entire world pauses. Time freezes, and you’re stuck in this dark, awful place. But then you realize that time does, in fact, go on. Heartbreak teaches you that life does not have to stop just because you got hurt. Your friends are still there. Your family is still there. There are still plenty of new days to embrace...

2. For making you stronger than you ever thought you could be...

It’s funny — heartbreak is emotional, but it feels physical, doesn’t it? It feels like someone
actually physically ripped your heart out - that is, until something changes, and you find your way out tho. That wonderful, miraculous moment where you learned you are STRONG, always comes.

3. For teaching you that you can have more than one “love of your life"...

Because that’s what hurts the most, right? The feeling that you lost “the one". The fear that you’ll never get another chance. It’s when you least expect it that you meet someone new, and it does happen again .

4. For raising your bar for next time...

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is also totally and completely blind. Blind to the point of “He hit me a few times when he got upset, but it’s okay because it only happens when he’s drunk, and he doesn’t know how to deal with how much he loves me". But when you fall out of love, you see your relationship for what it really was. Sure, maybe you weren’t cheated on or abused, but you see what your relationship was lacking. And for next time, you have some contacts to bring along for your sh*tty eyesight.

5. For the time you had together...

True heartbreak is a result of true love.
It’s so hard to see this, especially in the middle of everything, when you’re so overcome with hate and grief. But when you come out of that grief and hate, that love seems so distant that it almost feels fake — like a weird dream you for some reason still vaguely remember. But it was there. And you have the person who broke your heart to thank...

#modified...
Add yours

2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by SMARTKOSSY: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hehehehe thnk wetin
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by halfricanadian(f): 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
Thank you ex im happy u taught me all this

I wish u d best kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by rummeh: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Lemme add..
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by englishmart(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
6.. For making you realise you are not good enough

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by badassProdigy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
halfricanadian:

Lol
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by Olasco93: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
Well, heartbreak is never a good situation to find oneself. For me, it makes people who were once in Love to Despise what True Love really is.
#The subject of this thread should have been ''Five things to Learn from Heartbreak...''
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by badassProdigy(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
englishmart:
dats also tru...

longest tyme boss!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by halfricanadian(f): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by Florblu(f): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
For making me stronger than I ever thought I could be. I never knew this life is about the tougher it is the stronger you are.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by Florblu(f): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
For making me stronger than I ever thought I could be. I never knew this life is about the tougher it is the stronger you are.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by Trudiee(f): 12:30am On Jun 24, 2016
for making me a stronger n better person.. thank you ex. now, when i look in the mirror, i don't see the girl with a bunch of insecurities, who's clingy n thinks with her heart..

now, i see a beautiful, n confident woman, who's ready to take on the world, and ready for anything.

p.s. i mean every word.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by halfricanadian(f): 1:02am On Jun 24, 2016
englishmart:

True
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by FreeWorld23: 2:53am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by englishmart(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
badassProdigy:

dats also tru...

longest tyme boss!
longest time o.. You've been off for long

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by badassProdigy(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
englishmart:
longest time o.. You've been off for long

yes ooo
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by englishmart(m): 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
badassProdigy:

yes ooo
that was obvious... Welcome back. How are you doing?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by donbenedict(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Look at how they are all thanking me grin

I am awesome cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by falconey(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
Look at how they are all thanking me grin

I am awesome cheesy

[size=30pt]how many heart you don break? I fit contest with you ,you no break reach me. [/size]
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by donbenedict(m): 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
falconey:

[size=30pt]how many heart you don break? I fit contest with you ,you no break reach me. [/size]
cheesy babe don smash her fone because of u?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by falconey(m): 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
cheesy babe don smash her fone because of u?

which kind phone first ?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by Youngpo413: 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

lol
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by donbenedict(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
falconey:

which kind phone first ?

na samsung smartfone na.. na sure chic she be dat year.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by Youngpo413: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
Trudiee:
for making me a stronger n better person.. thank you ex. now, when i look in the mirror, i don't see the girl with a bunch of insecurities, who's clingy n thinks with her heart..

now, i see a beautiful, n confident woman, who's ready to take on the world, and ready for anything.

p.s. i mean every word.
go girl...
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by falconey(m): 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
na samsung smartfone na.. na sure chic she be dat year.

[size=30pt]. ok you win, you be DON, if babe wan break anything if I break her heart bros Na my HEAD. [/size]
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by donbenedict(m): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
falconey:

[size=30pt]. ok you win, you be DON, if babe wan break anything if I break her heart bros Na my HEAD. [/size]
lmao... u first of all cause emotional trauma.. which makes her to hate herself.. psychology has it that she may do certain things to her self which might cause regret, even to commiting suicide.

Think wink

Look falconey, breaking a heart is not enough, u need to cut deeper into the emotions. cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by falconey(m): 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
lmao... u first of all cause emotional trauma.. which makes her to hate herself.. psychology has it that she may do certain things to her self which might cause regret, even to commiting suicide.

Think wink

Look falconey, breaking a heart is not enough, u need to cut deeper into the emotions. cheesy

[size=30pt] all these looks like lots of work to traumatise a girl , all i want is to get laid mehn [/size]
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by donbenedict(m): 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
falconey:

[size=30pt] all these looks like lots of work to traumatise a girl , all i want is to get laid mehn [/size]
me too. Am done preaching the gospel of love
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by TuneChi369(m): 1:29am On Jun 25, 2016
Thanks To my resent ex,being single sweet gan and I wish you all the best.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by foolinlove(f): 4:17am On Jun 25, 2016
Incorrect. True love never ends, that's why it's true.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by teejaypee: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2016
what if you've never been heartbroken?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Thank The Person Who Broke Your Heart by badassProdigy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
englishmart:
that was obvious... Welcome back. How are you doing?

I'm gud bro...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How She Wants To Tie Me Down With Pregnancy. / Bizare! Fruits Taking The Form Of Vital Human Reproductive Parts / Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.