Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? (44452 Views)

The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian / Ur Best Yoruba Actors/actresses. / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:26am On Dec 06, 2006
jammin:

sorry. had to jump in a tell you that i reach the part when he went into the tiolet at the bar. that was totally gross. back to the movie grin

Lmao. I can NEVER watch that scene. I read about it before watching it the first time and til today I will never watch it. Lol, was it fun?  tongue

lol Wes, lets not be mean to poor zulu, direct it towards Donzman  grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ZuluNation(m): 6:37am On Dec 06, 2006
lol Wes, lets not be mean to poor zulu, direct it towards Donzman grin
[quote][/quote]

That's right let's not mean to poor Zulu, Miss Wesleyan. angry
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

lol Wes, lets not be mean to poor zulu, direct it towards Donzman grin

You know Donzman accepts hostility and mean attitude because he can dish them back proportionally. I still love Nigeria and Nigerians like you but Yoruba actors are well below par.

Who is the mean person around here?, Them dey look face ofcourse, if you chew stone you go lose your teeth. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:56am On Dec 06, 2006
Keep yearning your dust, doucheman grin

We all cant praise movies about a Mushin man coming from "Jand" with "dollars" wooing all the "ladies"
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by jammin(m): 7:02am On Dec 06, 2006
finish. even hardcore junkies harbour ambition. cheat you friends, make a new life. Now to go back and see why this came up in the first place.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2006
Im confuzzled jammin'
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 06, 2006
Doucheman?, You went a step further, some people take the easy route and say Donsman or the more informed say Dunceman. Either ways, I've heard it all before, something new please.

Point remains, Yoruba actors are not up to par! grin, Goodnight and Goodluck!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by jammin(m): 7:07am On Dec 06, 2006
i want to see y you mentioned this movie in the first place. cant remember the thread. but he cheated his friends out of #16,000. and start a new life. good for him.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:11am On Dec 06, 2006
oh it was when I said anything about how drugs make a person paranoid and I remembered the scene with the dead baby crawling around so i felt like mentioning the movie grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by jammin(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2006
wat was the thread? notice how we are totally off thread. the dead baby was his withdrawal responses.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2006
The withdrawl was due to drugs.

the thread was in the sexuality forum.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by jammin(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2006
ok.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by cutey01(f): 9:23am On Dec 06, 2006
Yoruba actors and actresses in Nollywood are better? than who?than their bollywood or hollywood counterparts?I don't really understand the topic- i guess it's 'cos i'm not wearing my glasses,the topic seem to be incomplete.However,from what i've read so far,i think it's a question of who is better than who within nollywood.
I personally think some yoruba actors/actresses are better than some ibo actors/actresses,and vice versa.What i just don't understand is why Donzman is using this as an opportunity to vent out his frustration on the yoruba actors,take it easy man,
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2006
Donzman

[b]it is very glaring you are a tribalist. someone that sees things from the ethnic point of view only. if you could just be a little objective, you would see the sense in the assessment that yoruba actors whether acting in yoruba films or your much touted nollywood movies (that you claim to be the exclusive preserves of the ibos) are better. Orikinla is into movies productions and is ibo. he said this because he knows this. i think threads have been opened for who is better between bimbo akintola and genevieve on this forum for instance and guess who won? bims! you can try do some more research by naming an ibo actor versus a yoruba actor and allow people without double ids to vote to see who would win, maybe then the reality would dawn on you. yoruba actors are better anytime anyday. i cited facts which someone else has colaborrated on this forum that lots of these people had thearitical trainings and yoruba being the most learned of all nigerian tribes parades the best professors and teachers of  theatre. most of the world known playwrites coming from naija are yorubas. you really need to spend time and research instead of just speaking from your imaginations and tribal views. why do u think the movies coming from the ibo producers are most of the time junk? that is to tell you that unlike in the yoruba movies wherein the moviemakers are learned people, the same can't be said about the english ones controlled by the ibos where the people behind are it are the "illiterate marketers" of ebipenjo lane idumota, lagos etc as some of the banned artists themselfs correctly addressed these people. you should just imagine what the difference would be betwwen the work of a learned person and an illiterate fellow. i could mention top university professors, doctorate holders involved in the yoruba productions (both acting and producing) whereas if you were to do that with the ibo production, you can barely find two or more! please get a life and stop feeding our eyes with imaginary stories that are not founded!! Yorubas are proud of their culture and have refused to do films in english language because of this. this same reason a lot of our universities still offer yoruba laguage as a course unlike ibo language since am yet to see a graduate of ibo language. we have well known yoruba language professors and same cannot be said about ibo. this is just to tell you how much the yorubas treasure their heritage. if the subtitleling they do for their films is not enough for you, then you had better stick with the junk you are so much in love with. afterall i grew up watching indian films and am yet to see one fully done in english, same with the chinese films. i once lived in south africa and most of their film productions are done with all their languages proudly spoken. in fact 60% of the time, they speak the local language. am sure totsi the film that won them the oscar followed in the same proudly south africa tradition, so the yorubas are not doing anything strange. so this explanation about the popularity of chinese, indian and south african movies for instance have floored your reason for ibo going english in their production. or has any of the english movies won any international award by world bodies yet in comparison to those film industries i mentioned who still proudly produce their films in their first languages? it is only people of inferior complex that would prefer another person's language to take pre-eminence over his/her own mother tougue. i forgot to tell you that the internationally renowned nigerian artists that have featured in foreign movies are yorubas i.e taiwo ajayi lyceth, olu jacobs and co. this is another fact am sure you know, but have decided to close your eyes to. this is the backrock of the yoruba movie history which you can't say of ibo[/b]
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by londoner: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2006
Well everyone has an opinion, but its a shame that just like we Black people always do, we fight against eachother, do you hear people in Hollywood bickering about which side of America produces the "best" actors and actresses? No, but trust us to do it.

Noone is destroying the Yoruba movie scene, they are free to do what they want and are doing so successfully. However, you cant stop other tribes from going into the movie industry. Why grumble just because other tribes are making a success of what they have.

They may well be illiterates and untrained,but that's what makes their success all the more wonderful,  Whatever they lack in education, they make up for in sheer guts.

To be honest I know there is a long way to go in the movie industry, but I must say they were able to bring Nigerians of all tribes together and people who are not even Nigerian suddenly have an interest in Nigerian films, this is not down to Yoruba films, in fact Nigerian movies are the only subject which non Nigerians say anything positive about at all, I know of nothing else which has ever brought that kind of mass interest in Nigeria, in a positive way, it doesn't matter how anti Nigerian they may have been, they find a common ground with our movies, not the Yoruba ones.
The fact that it is Yoruba with mainly Yoruba actors make it cliquey and exclusive, thats fine, but if Igbo/English movies attract more interest because of that, you cant complain, or be bitter about it. Acting in its raw form is being able to engage your audience with the character and story line. It seems Nigeria is doing very well at it.

The Nigerian movie industry of today has helped to make acting a viable career FOR MORE PEOPLE  in Nigeria, it is less discriminating than Yoruba movies, yes there are people who are not Yoruba who act in them, but they have to become Yoruba in the role, language and all, I prefer an industry which is less rigid, there is alot of sub par talent in Nollywood, but even Hollywood has its ben Afflecks who are known to be rubbish.

At the end of the day, noone is preventing Yoruba films, but it seems someone has sour grapes because a group of illiterates have managed to do what their so called high and mighty have not. Misplaced superiority complex need to step aside, Nollywood doesn't need it and neither does Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Jaychuks(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2006
I don't think there is anything to quarrel about this matter, It is just Orikinla's opinion and everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I know, I don't agree with him.

@ThiefOfHearts

It is not true that Ibo movies are not made anymore, they are everywhere in the east. They may not be popular in the West just like the Yoruba movies are not known in the East. There are many new Ibo movies in the market now, go to Enugu, Aba, Onisha, Asaba, Owerri, Awka, Orlu, Port Harcourt, Nnewi, Abakaliki, Afikpo, Nsuka, etc you will get them. Again, they are very interesting just like the Yoruba and English movies.

Generally speaking, Nigerians are well talented and creative, they can always prove themselves in whatever field they are. Check out the music industry and other entertainment fields, Nigerians are making it, whether Yoruba, Ibo, Uhrobo, Hausa, Ibibio, etc.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by londoner: 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2006
Orikinla's opinion was at least based on the movies he has seen himself,not based on some kind of tribal superiority complex.

We really need less of it as people.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2006
Jay, I figured they werent made anymore as Mr Doucheman has been trouting that Ibo movies were just upgraded to become nollywood english. Who else should know but an Ibo man himself?
If they really are still around, I wish they were made more accessible. the local Ibo films and Yoruba films trumps the cliched predictable English Nolly movies.

as for your "londoner", you're just spewing the same rubbish as your Donzman so dont even bother. No body is grumbling about anything. It's good that "Nollywood" is popular. Im glad. I just wish the writers would come up with better story lines is all. After all Im Nigerian and it's Nigerian productions, as much as the Ibos would like to claim Nollywood for themselves, those of us with common sense know that it's not. It's work of Nigeria. Nollywood wouldnt even be around if not for Yoruba theatrics that came out first anyway so you guys can keep claiming it for yourselves, we know the truth. No one is "hating", we're just saying one group of movies is better than the other. AGAIN it's highly arrogant for you people to believe that means we're saying Yoruba movies are better than Ibo movies. Excuse you but as long as they arent speaking Ibo, they are NOT Ibo movies. English is the official language of Nigeria not just the Ibos you pompous loons.

and I dont know what you are going on about "Yoruba with many Yoruba actors", are you drunk? If they can speak Yoruba, who is stopping them from joining? Like I and a few others have mentioned there are quite a number of Ibos in Yoruba films. I have one called Ina Ojo(Light Of The Snake) feat Zach Orji, he plays an Ibo chief and he spoke some Yoruba. As long as you can speak the language, it's all open.
If you read any of the comments here you would have seen where I mentioned a film called "My Mother, My Marriage" about a Yoruba and Ibo couple, the Ibo guy's parents had a problem with their relationship and all that typical crap. Point is, the girl they used wasnt even Yoruba and the family casted as hers, none were Yoruba nor could they speak it well whatsoever, if that's not being clique-y then I dont know what is. Are you telling me they couldnt get a Yoruba actress to play that part and a few other Yoruba actors to play her family. Dont feed me any bull, man. Btw Shola usually plays an Ibo woman in those English movies so what the hell are you rambling about

as for rigid, hahaha, why shouldnt they "become Yoruba in language" which isnt true btw as I gave one of many examples, the movie is in Yoruba, why the hell shouldnt they speak it. What kind of daft question is that? That's like the Brazilians casting people who only speak French in their movies. What the hell kind of sense would that make?

There's no sour grapes. Get over yourself. This is merely, which film has the better quality, the better plots/stories, etc. If anything you;re the one causing this segregation. Keep claiming Nollywood as your own. oniranu. Preaching fake garbage about unity then screaming about people being bitter. You're quite full of yourself and for no reason. That's the worst kind.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2006
Ronke, that's a great write up but I don't agree with your "illiterate ibo producers" rant. That's not fair. Let's not deepen this segregation that they are causing. I consider Nollywood to be all works of Nigeria that's why when I refer to the English section, I say "English Nolly". English Nolly is pretty good with production, just they are drowned with mediocre scripts
Anyway I agree with everything else that you wrote but why bother as DoucheMan will just say "blah blah well they get more money" so don't even bother

When people say things like that, you just know that they really don't know shit about films in general. More money usually doesnt mean better quality. Like in Hollywood, That's why small independent movies almost always make better quality films than big budgeted ones. When Shawnshank Redemption first came out in 1994, it completely FLOPPED in the box offices yet the screen play ended up getting nominated for an Oscar and the movie is on AFI's top 20 list and the film is now cherished by many people including myself as one of the best movies of the 90s and the DVD sells have been crazy. I dare anyone to tell ME that it's not a great movie. Ironic isnt it? As a film buff, I consider these things. I'm not a zombie. I don't try to watch a movie because it's popular.

That's one of the great things about NY. The independent movie theaters. While everyone is running around in the summer watching mindless movies that the big studios churn out just to make money without considering quality, i can just skip over to my fav indie theater and actually watch a good movie. That's how I saw City Of God, Tsotsi, Godsford Park, etc, these werent released in theaters because they knew stupid people wouldnt appreciate them because 1. they're not in English or in the case of Godsford Park, there's alot of dialog. Ironically the 3 movies i just mentioned are pretty much better than everything that came out this summer except for a select few. This summer and last was filled with REMAKES. Remakes of old movies that should have never been touched. If people are too dimwitted to go and look for the original movies, that's their problem. Why remake them just to add more nudity or gore? Typical bullshit and at the end of it these remakes are NEVER better than the original anyway but what do they care? As long as they rake in the dough, eh, right Donzman?

Ah whatever. I LOVE film , Good films, so I'm bound to frown at ignorance towards it *shrugs*  smiley
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by TerraCotta(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

Ronke, that's a great write up but I don't agree with your "illiterate ibo producers" rant. That's not fair. Let's not deepen this segregation that they are causing. I consider Nollywood to be all works of Nigeria that's why when I refer to the English section, I say "English Nolly". English Nolly is pretty good with production, just they are drowned with mediocre scripts
Anyway I agree with everything else that you wrote but why bother as DoucheMan will just say "blah blah well they get more money" so don't even bother

When people say things like that, you just know that they really don't know shit about films in general. More money usually doesnt mean better quality. Like in Hollywood, That's why small independent movies almost always make better quality films than big budgeted ones. When Shawnshank Redemption first came out in 1994, it completely FLOPPED in the box offices yet the screen play ended up getting nominated for an Oscar and the movie is on AFI's top 20 list and the film is now cherished by many people including myself as one of the best movies of the 90s and the DVD sells have been crazy. I dare anyone to tell ME that it's not a great movie. Ironic isnt it? As a film buff, I consider these things. I'm not a zombie. I don't try to watch a movie because it's popular.

That's one of the great things about NY. The independent movie theaters. While everyone is running around in the summer watching mindless movies that the big studios churn out just to make money without considering quality, i can just skip over to my fav indie theater and actually watch a good movie. That's how I saw City Of God, Tsotsi, Godsford Park, etc, these werent released in theaters because they knew stupid people wouldnt appreciate them because 1. they're not in English or in the case of Godsford Park, there's alot of dialog. Ironically the 3 movies i just mentioned are pretty much better than everything that came out this summer except for a select few. This summer and last was filled with REMAKES. Remakes of old movies that should have never been touched. If people are too dimwitted to go and look for the original movies, that's their problem. Why remake them just to add more nudity or gore? Typical bullshit and at the end of it these remakes are NEVER better than the original anyway but what do they care? As long as they rake in the dough, eh, right Donzman?

Ah whatever. I LOVE film , Good films, so I'm bound to frown at ignorance towards it *shrugs* smiley

An indie film regular on Nairaland Be still, my heart. You like Pedro Almodovar? I saw Volver, his most recent film, a couple of weeks ago.

Which theaters do you usually go to? We should meet up sometime wink.

They make Edo movies in Nigeria too these days--I've seen them for sale in Brooklyn, although I haven't watched one yet.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2006
look at the Yoruba people thinking anyone who doesn't like their movies is a tribalist.

@Ronkebaby

I'm not a tribalist, do you want me to be one?, No problem!

Orikinla's opinion was at least based on the movies he has seen himself,not based on some kind of tribal superiority complex.

We really need less of it as people

Yeah, we also need less idiots posing as people. Where is the tribalism in my post, please?, So if I say Yoruba movies are not better, I'm automatically a tribalist. Get a life or better yet, get a brain!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by TerraCotta(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2006
Donzman:

look at the Yoruba people thinking anyone who doesn't like their movies is a tribalist.

This is becoming a boring circular argument. The "Yoruba people" don't care if you don't like their movies. Obviously, many people do--including professional cinema critics all around the world. I don't think any Yoruba movie producers are losing sleep over whether you like their movies or not. And the fact that virtually all Yoruba movies are subtitled these days (and sometimes in French as well as English) shows that the audience is broader than you're protraying. Many Nigerians watch Yoruba movies, whether they're Yoruba or not, just like they watch Indian, American, Chinese, Latin American soap operas etc. Hate away--I don't think it makes any difference to Yoruba movie producers, fans etc. If you have an issue with the thread starter, you need to address him about it--it seems like it's easier for you to flash your obsession with Yoruba movies than talk to the (non-Yoruba) guy that made the thread.

On to the next point,
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2006
It's funny how none of you have disproved the idea that better talent on average, attracts greater wages. It's as true as 1+1=2.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2006
lol how are you benefitting from the money you keep whining about?

Why arent you in Nigeria enjoying said bigger wages instead of hiding in Canada?

Carry go, joo.

Anyway Terra! We definitely should! Thing is I went to indie theatres when I was in school in Buffalo. They were many and they really helped shaped the kind of movies I'm not interested in. Good to finally see someone who share a common taste in good movies cheesy

Pedro. Unfortunaely I havent seen alot of his movies. I did love Talk To Her however and I heard about Volver. I need to see that. You dont know how irritated I am that I havent even seen Babel yet(and it's not even indie!). That's one of the BAD thinsg abou NY lol, I live in Westchester and it doesnt have many indie theatres like Buffalo. Im soon gonna be done with grad school work later this month thus I'll have time to see whatever I want when I take trips to the city.

I got Net Flix and I've really been watching alot of old French movies. 400 Blows, great movie, by Truffaut. La Haine is also a great movie, it's 90s French. I swear they make great movies. The Spanish too, I really need to get into their stuff. Brazilians are so damn awesome too. You should check out Carandiru, has a few people from City Of God in it. grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by TerraCotta(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

lol how are you benefitting from the money you keep whining about?

Why arent you in Nigeria enjoying said bigger wages instead of hiding in Canada?

Carry go, joo.

Anyway Terra! We definitely should! Thing is I went to indie theatres when I was in school in Buffalo. They were many and they really helped shaped the kind of movies I'm not interested in. Good to finally see someone who share a common taste in good movies cheesy[/b]

I'd be happy to show you around cheesy There's Lincoln Square Plaza, the Angelika, BAM Cinematek in Brooklyn etc.

Pedro. Unfortunaely I havent seen alot of his movies. I did love Talk To Her however and I heard about Volver. I need to see that. You don't know how irritated I am that I havent even seen Babel yet(and it's not even indie!). That's one of the BAD thinsg abou NY lol, I live in Westchester and it doesnt have many indie theatres like Buffalo. I'm soon going to be done with grad school work later this month thus I'll have time to see whatever I want when I take trips to the city.

I've got family in Westchester--I know what you mean. Not much up there in terms of culture. Precisely why I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan, and visit on the weekends cheesy. I think you'd like his other films.

I got Net Flix and I've really been watching alot of old French movies. 400 Blows, great movie, by Truffaut. La Haine is also a great movie, it's 90s French. I swear they make great movies. The Spanish too, I really need to get into their stuff. Brazilians are so damn awesome too. You should check out Carandiru, has a few people from City Of God in it. grin
Heard of La Haine--I think the director/star was in Amelie as well, right? Brazilian films are my thing too--Tieta Del Agreste is a great one I used to own (the disc is all scratched up now), along with classics like Black Orpheus and City of God of course. Have you seen City of Men, the TV show made by some of the same folks? It's supposed to be on DVD now. Also--them no get private messaging system on Nairaland? I don't want to distract our resident tribalists from their thread,

Donzman:

It's funny how none of you have disproved the idea that better talent on average, attracts greater wages. It's as true as 1+1=2.

Genius deduction! Clap for yourself.[quote][/quote]
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Jaychuks(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2006
Most of the postings here make interesting reading, it will be better if we argue objectively than throwing punches here and there. Whether we like it or not, Nigerian movies are getting better. Most of us prefer watching them to watching foreign movies.

Most Yoruba movies I have watched are good and interesting especially the subtitled ones which I understand. The same can be said about Ibo and English movies of Nollywood. But if we are talking of individual actors/actresses, we can get very good ones from any of the tribes, not just in a particular tribe.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 10:16am On Dec 07, 2006
Londoner,

[b]you repeated virtually all that was said by Donzman and i think i have given you enough reasons to at least start reasoning objectively. anyway, i would still tell you the yoruba version of nollywood does not have a clique. the language of the production is yoruba, therefore naturally majority casted would be yorubas by origin. yet lots of yoruba movies stars are not yoruba by origin- doris simeon, racheal oniga, ngozi nwosu etc. these are just some of the few i could remember now. to tell you yoruba are not tribalists, they feature as many ibos that do not even speak the language so many times in their productions i.e zack orji, ejike asiegwu and co. if only the ibos could embraze all the other tribes and not think nollywood is their exclusive preserves, the quality of the english movies would be better than what they currently are. and this is where the auguement arises, english movies shouldn't be just seen as an ibo thing. all the tribes in naija speak english and therefore slots should be given to people on merit and not where 90% of the cast would be ibo whether they are good actors/actresses or not, where the other tribes would slog out the remaining 10% among themselves. every one knows this is one of the things not allowing the industry to grow beyond the stage it has reached. in fact recent interwievs by these nollywood evergrees state this much, that the industry has become senile or should crash (clems ohaneze, segun arinze interviews for instance)yeah, you are right, nollywood has made nigerian popular, but that does not mean the production is of a good quality. i watch some and i feel ashamed at the scripts and even acting sometimes. for your information nollywood has only been able to break into the black population because blacks most of the time especially africans are used to inferior things. if the productions are so great, all races of the world would have accepted it as they did with the indian, chinese and recently south african productions. this is what am saying and you know the truth, but wouldn't speak it because you and donzman have decided to view this issue strictly as tribal one.[/b]
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

thanks for the correction ThiefofHearts, but i quoted the phrase from the banned actists(g8) and not neccesarily my own opinion. it fitted into my arguement, hence the reason why i used it. these actists give interviews here and there and they always refer to these pple as illiterates and infact say they are the ones killing the industry as they want to dictate everything despite the fact that they have little knowledge as regards this movies thing, but they still want to dictate anyway becos they are the financial bankrollers of these productions. i thot everyone was familiar with that phrase already.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2006
Only insecure people choose to insult those greater than them instead of admiring them. Admire the Nollywood producers and you may be able to learn a thing or two concerning acting. Nollywood is the pride of African movie industry, from Ghana to Kenya to S.Africa and even the Carribean. I wonder why, people must be in love with horrible acting. grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2006
No one is saying English Nollywood acting is horrible, only that it's not as good as the Yoruba counterpart. cool
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2006
If the movies which appeal to the greater population is worse than the one which appeal to Yoruba people, then so be it. I just do not join that line of reasoning, I'm a rational human being!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2006
Keep yelling from Canada Donzman, maybe someday you'll find someone who gives a shit and agrees with your sad ass. Lol where's your lapdog, londoner  cheesy

anyway Ronke, I see what you're saying. I was reading an interview of Bimbo's and she was saying how for Nollywood there are alot of horrible writers in comparison to decent ones. She goes on about how she has to wade through many scripts and that like 2 out of 10 are usually just decent. It's sad that people who are actually talented like Bimbo and co have to deal with such mediocre scripts. There has to be better writers hiding somewhere, jeez

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

BBNAIJA: MC Oluomo Trends After Omoshola Says He Is Like Youth Leader Of Lagos / BBNaija: K-Brule Tried To Kiss Anto, She Refused, But Went On To Kiss Lolu / Movie Lines You'll Never Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.