Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? (44465 Views)

The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian / Ur Best Yoruba Actors/actresses. / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2006
I'm going to be the bigger man with a suit and tie. I'll leave the business of tying wrappers around the waist, with fist pumped ready to rumble to mama Ronke and mama Thiefy. grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2006
Donzman:

I'm going to be the bigger man with a suit and tie. I'll leave the business of tying wrappers around the waist, with fist pumped ready to rumble to mama Ronke and mama Thiefy. grin

i am sure ur voice is that of a dying man. it is obvious you are in the minority camp. understand your pranks. you would rather quit this way than be a true man and accept the popular voice of reasoning. it is only a true man that accepts defeat gallantly. so my dear, you are in the same rapper tieing biz with myself and thiefofhearts
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2006
Donzman:

ah, finally, leave the discussions to the big girls! That's a good boy *pats your head* cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2006
One with sense is majority while two with no sense falls into the pit and we all know who is who! grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2006
why are you back? abi you couldnt find a place to rent said "suit and tie"?
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2006
Donzman:

Only insecure people choose to insult those greater than them instead of admiring them. Admire the Nollywood producers and you may be able to learn a thing or two concerning acting. Nollywood is the pride of African movie industry, from Ghana to Kenya to S.Africa and even the Carribean. I wonder why, people must be in love with horrible acting. grin

[b]your point went off the mark yet again. most of the actresses/actors themselves make the same criticisms about how mediocrity rather true talents are killing the industry. are they also inferior to have made such remarks. orikinla i believe is the movie industry too. you are the one with the inferior complex here. not wanting to face facts is an act of cowadice and inferiority. i have said it in one of my posts, nollywood english movies are popular among mainly black pple who are used to inferior things anyway. this is with the exception of south africa as i was once a resident of that country. i wish you know the south africans, the whites in their midst still control their economy power. nigerian movies are just a no go area for their viewers. am not talking about mnet thou as that is a private venture. ask anybody that resides in south africa and you would know they are building standards after that of the developed world. if indeed the movies are well accepted all over africa and carribean as your post said, isn't that an acceptance that the movies are not yet good enough to break into all nooks and crannies of the world as bollywood, chinese, indian and south african movies? if pple like you can speak the truth that would make the movie makers consider casts on merit. perhaps, nolloywood might just be rubbing shoulders with those major film industries of the world and probably win an oscar award too.[/b]
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2006
Where have you been?, Nollywood is the biggest movie industry in Africa, get with the times. I see those Yoruba movies are still living in the 1970's. undecided
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
He's still here. I tend to respect people who actually keep their word.

"1970s", so because they dont have pirated music playing with girls running around in nasty clothes acting like they just got back from "england" or "america" that means they are behind. Lol, for once Im gonna actually sound like "sista" donzman, dont bring your brainwashed bullshit to the country, e jo.

I saw "30 days", Genevieve's new movie, She and and the producer came to the Nigerian Reunion in ATL to show it. The movie was a total ripoff of "Set It Off", only difference was that this one was more poltical than about mere survival. There's a scene with thois guy who supposedly just came from America and he gave Gene ORAL while they were in bed. It had to be the most uncomfortable thing I ever watched. Ugh, they are trying TOO hard to be what they are not, or not what they were raised to be.
Is Bollywood still in the "70s" cos they havent started doing such things, even til now their movies barely showing them kissing yet they continue to be successful, no be so?
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2006
Donzman:

Where have you been?, Nollywood is the biggest movie industry in Africa, get with the times. I see those Yoruba movies are still living in the 1970's. undecided

just in africa and u are that proud? hmmmmmmmmmm, i would rather be the best in the world than be a local champion somewhere. let me remind you in case you eyes skipped those lines all the time, as big as it is, it is a second fiddle in comparison to south africa productions anytime, anyday. it is big becos of the magic it performs in that it shuns out mediocre films at an alarming rate everyweek. it is only in naija that such magic exists.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2006
I guess Donzman only watches (or used to watch) those films of Abija and the witches, and those movies where they usually used those local gun powders to shoot their enemies, then the other "dusts" it and begins reciting incantations, and it goes on and on like that, till the more powerful guy defeats the other, after so many displays of "Odeshi" grin

I also do not like such yoruba movies, Donzman. I think those are the only types of Yoruba movies that I can accept English Nollywood movies are better than. cool
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2006
Lol I love those ones just as much as I love the others. It shows the Yoruba culture, something we're not ashamed to show or discuss. If not wanting to be "wannabes of Western culture" makes us oldfashioned, so be it. At least our stories are good because it's about our history and not ripped from failed Hollywood scripts grin

The only thing I will give Donzman is anything against Baba Suwe, the whole blackfaced retarded man is only amusing in small doeses, thankfully they arent used in many movies. Nkem can be just as annoying with his drunkness roles
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by goodguy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2006
I really love Yoruba epic movies too, but some scenes like those ones I described up there just bore me.

As for Babasuwe, he is getting old. I really can't blame him. In his earlier years though, he was damn too funny! cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2006
I perferred Baba Sala/Baba No Regret  tongue
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2006
thank God Donzman has finally accepted the voice of reasoning. you should take it a step further by gallantly scribbling it down that you do accept you are wrong afterall. please join hands with us to improve the quality of english nollywood movies! we only want an improvement and mean no harm. that improvement can come if good actors are given the chance to participate and all tribes join hands to build it. it should stop being seen as the exclusive preserves of the ibos.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ronkebaby(f): 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2006
goodguy:

I really love Yoruba epic movies too, but some scenes like those ones I described up there just bore me.

As for Babasuwe, he is getting old. I really can't blame him. In his earlier years though, he was damn too funny! cheesy

surprisingly, i prefer baba suwe to nkem owoh and sam loco. it is funny isn't it?. but their jokes are always dry to me, especially that of owoh. babasuwe's slangs i.e okanlomo, oluaye marose etc do really crack me up and also when he is paired with his wifey - moladun.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2006
TerraCotta:

I'd be happy to show you around cheesy There's Lincoln Square Plaza, the Angelika, BAM Cinematek in Brooklyn etc.

I've got family in Westchester--I know what you mean. Not much up there in terms of culture. Precisely why I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan, and visit on the weekends cheesy. I think you'd like his other films.
Heard of La Haine--I think the director/star was in Amelie as well, right? Brazilian films are my thing too--Tieta Del Agreste is a great one I used to own (the disc is all scratched up now), along with classics like Black Orpheus and City of God of course. Have you seen City of Men, the TV show made by some of the same folks? It's supposed to be on DVD now. Also--them no get private messaging system on Nairaland? I don't want to distract our resident tribalists from their thread,

Fear now as I might definitely take you up on that offer wink

Well I like Westchester mainly cos there's no madness like in the city, other than that, meh. Yea he did Amelie, great movie as well. La Haine is lovely. Please try to see it. I havent seen Black Orpheus. I'll put that on my net flix. I heard about City of Men. I saw one episode on youtube, it had Steak & Fries (the boy who had to shot the leg of the runt) and the guy who played the young version of lil Ze. Looked great, I'll look into getting the DVD when I can

and you are right, I've been trying to work out the PM thing, I dont get it. It's like only admins can send PMs, is that right? If so that's a horrible idea, Seun angry undecided
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2006
ronkebaby:

just in africa and u are that proud? hmmmmmmmmmm, i would rather be the best in the world than be a local champion somewhere. let me remind you in case you eyes skipped those lines all the time, as big as it is, it is a second fiddle in comparison to south africa productions anytime, anyday. it is big because of the magic it performs in that it shuns out mediocre films at an alarming rate everyweek. it is only in naija that such magic exists.

D'ohh, One step at a time, life is a marathon. Atleast they're best in Africa, Yoruba movies aren't even best in Lagos, go figure, it's like the dwarf calling a man that's 5'7 short. Huh? self loathe at its best.

donzman, don't bring your brainwashed bullshit to the country, e jo.

What are you talking about?, I haven't been in Canada for that long.

thank God Donzman has finally accepted the voice of reasoning.

Premature thanks I suppose because Donzman is still here. What are you going to do now, demand your "thank God"back? cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2006
I guess that's why Owo Blow and many others were a hit with Nigerians in America.

Dude hush up before I start to hate you and I really dont want to as I tend to always agree with your views concerning the bobsey morons like Sista and 925. So shut it and quietly leave the discussion to the big girls. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2006
Ohh Donzman is so scared, she's going to hate Donzman, that's new!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2006
It should matter, Im so damn awesome.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2006
So when am I getting my heart back?
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by gbadex1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2006
*takes the STAR bottle beside him and breaks it*

abi nkan se eyin meji ni? e never do una? I dey vex o! U two sharrap thia!
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2006
When you stop being an ass grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by gbadex1(m): 12:12am On Dec 08, 2006
When who stops being an ass? Donz? Look both of u bury the hatchet, send each other love cards, look into each others eyes, walk out into the sunlight and hold hands. . .

Or better still, Raymand has a friend who has a couple of dynamites, c4s and tnts. . .
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 08, 2006
I already said I'll be the bigger man with the suit and tie! grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:33am On Dec 08, 2006
gbade. x:

Or better still, Raymand has a friend who has a couple of dynamites, c4s and tnts. . .

I like this option  cheesy

Your heart is still in my fridge with others Donz, maybe next time you'll guard it better.  grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by gbadex1(m): 12:37am On Dec 08, 2006
Oya, enuff! No more comebacks. Donz, the backdoor. ToH, the window cheesy.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:40am On Dec 08, 2006
are you saying I'm not worthy to use a door?  angry
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Ugwumba(m): 12:47am On Dec 08, 2006
@ gbade.x

A kì í gbọ́n tó “Èmi-lóni-í.”
One cannot be as wise as “I-am-the-owner.”

Which one be your own - lef Donzmann and ThiefOfhearts to entertain us. grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:52am On Dec 08, 2006
I figured you were Ibo, Ugwumba.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by Ugwumba(m): 12:55am On Dec 08, 2006
First spoken language was Yoruba grin grin grin grin - Nigerian, Igbo and loving it.
Re: Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:59am On Dec 08, 2006
Im impressed. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

BBNAIJA: MC Oluomo Trends After Omoshola Says He Is Like Youth Leader Of Lagos / BBNaija: K-Brule Tried To Kiss Anto, She Refused, But Went On To Kiss Lolu / DSTV Price Hike: Five Alternatives Nigerians Are Opting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.