Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,037 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! (22721 Views)

South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Nnamdi Kanu Begs British Government To Push For His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Ghost447(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Egbeda is not an highbrow area. Try gbagada Anthony and ogudu for a better comparison to what you listed.

Fyi abuja is d seat of govt
I agree with you partially, Kubwa is also not a highbrow area, but the house rent there is unreasonably high. you can't compare house rent in Abuja to Lagos or any other State in Nigeria. House rent in Abuja in evil and unreasonably high.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by dammiedot(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2016
The last tariff increase brought a decrease in power supply ...abeg make una leave am like that till power is constant

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by koboko69: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2016
samsam2019:
keep supporting and defending evil

One day your children and unborn generation will curse you and your memory

How is this supporting evil? Point is call out rhe Discos. This are private companies.
I am shocked u people are calling out the government over the greediness of a private establishment now.
But when they threatened banks for mass sack, u people attacked the government cos that does not directly affect u.
The Discos only wrote a letter, govt have not approved, and is not certain they will agree to the hike. Why not call out the greedy Discos?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Malawian(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
I care less if the electricity tarrif is increased to 400percent. Where i live now,I pay only 200naira monthly when the bill is shared. grin
just take style dey immagine the face me i face you crib wey you base now. chai bubu no try for you o. despite all the gragra you high for am. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by layinde(m): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2016
the thunder wey go fire them dey do push up since three days now and is treking all the way from the North pole ..?? like seriously re this people crazy or what? no light yet dem bring crazy bill we pay re this people taking us for fool or what......one day na one day all this nonsense will stop ...paying for something u dont use
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by prinsam30: 11:44am On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
I care less if the electricity tarrif is increased to 400percent. Where i live now,I pay only 200naira monthly when the bill is shared. grin

ur right my babe, I stayed in two rooms apartment in a very big compound of about Ten flats in it, with toilet and bathroom intact, water flowing anyhow, I got Air condition in my sitting room, a deep freezer in my kitchen Microwave included, three fit tall fridge in my sitting room, got a big Box TV 42inches precisely matched it up with Samsung home Theater 1000W total RMS, DSTV, three Computer Systems, 21inches TV in my bedroom, 17inches TV in my kitchen, two Ceiling fans, two standing fans, A 5000W Century Stabilizer and some other unmentioned items.... And guess how much I pay monthly............ N500 per month and for two months now NEPA has refused to come give us bill simply because they don't give us often

I hope government is not cheating on me?
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by koboko69: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2016
Frankiss44:

Probably your 10 old baby cousin is as dull as u are because all you have been doing from your first post is contradicting yourself... I dont even have your time son.

Do u honestly think i have time for deliberate foolishness?

Shame on u
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by arsenal33: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2016
nnachukz:
Everybody just see this useless and unserious administration as the right time to milk us dry and kill off any remaining living cell(hope) in us. I blame that useless SAN and that lying Prof that deceived Nigerians with their rocket science theory. It is getting to the time I will use my hand to remove and coil those cables that have become ordinary lines from my house, then wait for any lunatic and thief that will come to my place with a bill. That day he will vomit the ones he had been stealing from me in name of paying for what I never used.

I blame the person that sold PHCN to these bandits
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Frankiss44(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:

Do u honestly think i have time for deliberate foolishness?

Shame on u

Neither do I....... Can you get lost now?
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by galadima77(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2016
I think any street protest now will have to be headed by the staunch supporters of the same APC and watch the supposed wailers take back seat!
The way i see it, everybody is gonna become a mega wailer very soon.

Save for the embezzlement, sometimes u gotta give it to the pdp... They seem better off so far
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Trulie(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:

So its Buhari and Fashola that are the Discos trying to hike electricity price now bah?
Who carried out the fraudulent privatisation that have not yielded anything?

Stop unclothing ur level of ignorance - it's shameful. Praytell, how does Jonathan's privatisation prog got to do with the blackout we are experiencing now? it's like tracing the problem of oshogbo to the city armstadan. You well so?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by deebrain(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2016
disloman:
Dem never born them well.

Like seriously.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Ranchhoddas: 11:57am On Jul 12, 2016
idupaul:

This is terrible...something is definitely wrong with that bill ..I use a prepaid meter and It racks up close to 20k averagely in one month . I would advise you as a good citizen to report yourself to the nearest PHCN office so they can start giving you the proper bill
This is very funny.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by agitator: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
dammiedot:
The last tariff increase brought a decrease in power supply ...abeg make una leave am like that till power is constant

Decreased power supply decreased revenue, they need to increase their revenue not by increasing power, or customers, but through tariff hike. grin grin grin
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Daniyomex(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
Electricity tariff hike for the darkness they are only good at providing us with?! The thunder wey go fire this Electricity Firms dey do press up

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Olril18(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:
Some people a plain stupid. What as Fashola or Buhari got to do with this. Jonathan privatised PHCN. And now we are ripping the "fruits" of the fraudulent privatisation.
u should be terribly ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by koboko69: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Trulie:

Stop unclothing ur level of ignorance - it's shameful. Praytell, how does Jonathan's privatisation prog got to do with the blackout we are experiencing now? it's like tracing the problem of oshogbo to the city armstadan. You well so?

A lot of people suffer from compound folly or maybe deliberate folly.

Is it today we have been experiencing blackouts? What was rhe peomise given before the fraudulent privatisation? What have been achieved after the fraudulent privatisation? Who are those blowing up gas lines and pipelines? Maybe u should so a research on the sweet stories we were told when PHCN was about to be privatised. U see my friend, dont let sensless foolish hate erode ur normal sense of reasoning. I am surprised the same people who attacked the govt over threat to banks claiming banks are private sectors and now calling out the government for private discos. They want a price hike, they have written the FG. Why not wait for FG's action before attack the FG. U should channel ur frustrations to the greedy DisCos who are advocating a price hike. On what grounds exactly are they doing so?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Ligxy(f): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
dunkem21:

I think your neighbours are thieves.. How can you pay N200 for a whole month for a flat? .. angry

This is economic sabotage, fantastic corruption and Buhari/Fashola should activate the EFCC.
Even in my one bedroom mini flat, I pay 3k, 4k sometimes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by koboko69: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Olril18:

u should be terribly ashamed of yourself.

Why should I? Is Buhari and Fashola the "DisCos"

Oh u people can call out the government over greediness of private companies now cos it directly affects u? But when they threatened banks u called the president a tyrant, and said banks are private sectors. Are the Discos not private sectors aiming to make profit too grin. Smh for Nigerians. Channel your frustrations to the greedy DiScos and leave the government out of this till they give their assent to their silly demand. I hope u are clear now?
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Larryfest(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is the change we voted for i swear.... No light for the past few weeks now yet they want to hike the tariff of what isnt available for our use By the time this government is through with us we will be begging Ghana to colonise us

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
sinkhole:
God, ordinary people in this country need to do something quick o, or else we will start dying by the day on the street! In my place, which is being supplied by AEDC, whenever we see electricity it will be between 12midnight and 6am (who actually uses electricity at this time?) and when the bill comes it is between 7500naira and 5000naira per month!
During May and June when they did not give up to a day per month of electricty, they gave us around 5500naira bill per month! And now they want increament in the tariff. What actually are these people (DISCOs) supplying that we are paying for?
Do you per chance live in Niger state, Bida precisely? That is exactly what we experienced here.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
prinsam30:

ur right my babe, I stayed in two rooms apartment in a very big compound of about Ten flats in it, with toilet and bathroom intact, water flowing anyhow, I got Air condition in my sitting room, a deep freezer in my kitchen Microwave included, three fit tall fridge in my sitting room, got a big Box TV 42inches precisely matched it up with Samsung home Theater 1000W total RMS, DSTV, three Computer Systems, 21inches TV in my bedroom, 17inches TV in my kitchen, two Ceiling fans, two standing fans, A 5000W Century Stabilizer and some other unmentioned items.... And guess how much I pay monthly............ N500 per month and for two months now NEPA has refused to come give us bill simply because they don't give us often

As you have summarized your self worth, can you kindly take a bow and return to your seat. We know you're a rich fella.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Frankiss44:

Keep blaming Jonathan.. Even for your inability to impregnate a girl... Yeye dey smell... First it was 45 percent increase, now they are talking about 100 percent and you are calling GEJ. Meanwhile after privatisation, GEJ didn't increase the price even when power was fairly available. But what do we have now with these idiots in power? More increase, total blackout
u sounded funny...hear urself "after privatization GEJ did not increase tarriff" he should have increased the tarriff of a private company nah..
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by prinsam30: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
frenchwine:

As you have summarized your self worth, can you kindly take a bow and return to your seat. We know you're a rich fella.

sorry bro, that's just my second wife's apartment, I lived in a single room actually
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by AdeniyiA(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Whereas people are hugging transformers everywhere because no light.....angry

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by 9japrof(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:

imagine this public yard squatter, after sharing 20000 naira bill among 100 rooms, your bill is 200 naira and you are defending buhari with your life while you live in abject poverty.

Repent and use your spare time you use to defend buhari on nairaland to look for other revenue streams, maybe you gon' be rich this year

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Trulie(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
prinsam30:

wtf! Are u tryna intimidate us or what?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
To me this is a good news... Shebi people were celebrating NEPA privatization like an achievement abi... some western train idiots think they can transfer US system directly to Naija; dont worry they go hear am. Ow I wish say na d same idiots still dey power make dem see their foolishness. In the last quarter of 2014 federal government subsidized electricity with almost 300 billion, and the slowpoke owners thought the new governmrnt should budget 1trillion for electricity sybsidy in 2016 after it already reinbursed Discos 200 billion for supplying darkness. Discos should continue increasing tarriff, they are yet to grasb NGR 101... The higher the tarriff the lower the revenue accrued. Godwilling before the end of December 2017 Discos (former generals and friends of politicians) will willingly sell/handover 80% of what they have.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by abbey621(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
If they like let them increase it to 100 Naira per KW, the smart ones no longer rely on NEPA or generators. A combination of solar and inverter power generation is the future of Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by prinsam30: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Trulie:

wtf! Are u tryna intimidate us or what?

grin grin grin grin grin another one spotted
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Frankiss44(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nalikedis:
u sounded funny...hear urself "after privatization GEJ did not increase tarriff" he should have increased the tarriff of a private company nah..

I cant even read any meaning to what you said ... Which private company? NERC regulates the prices and not the disco companies ...

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Beremx(f): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
attacker321:

How is that possible in this Lagos? I don't believe this.
very possible my brother. believe me. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo / Tanko Al-makura Visits Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Bandits Break Into Kaduna Mosque, Gun Down 2 Worshippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.