Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Alone.. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alone.. (222985 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alone.. by princedami: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Bornita:
i hope gospel is not pretending sha.

Nice work @ op.

I'm sensing the Lary Rose thing was planned by Gospel, just thinking/guessing tho...
Re: Alone.. by CuteChiluv: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Girl you can so write for africa, nice story ,keep it coming
Re: Alone.. by yyugo6ixx(f): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
I'm totally hooked to this story like a junkie on marijuana...more speed to your thumbs PamelB!
Re: Alone.. by SPDAZZY(f): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
princedami:

Maybe.. But dating one brother then the other??!! Arghh.. How does that sound? smiley

My dear, this life is full of mysteries. Let me keep my hands folded.

You are right though, she might get heartbroken again.
Re: Alone.. by princedami: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
SPDAZZY:

My dear, this life is full of mysteries. Let me keep my hands folded.
You are right though, she might get heartbroken again.
Yeah, you're right...full of mysteries. smiley. Let see where this ends.
Re: Alone.. by timota(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
This story is not a fiction cos i saw the ghost of emeka last night and he confimed everything though u dey add small small things to make am sweet. More grace to elbow
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
hmmmmmm this story dey sweet me.. .weldone dear...
princedami as the second in command after op I don mak u group admin ..
ur work don start immediately welcome all the ghost memberw serve dem popcorn. .mak dem feel at home cos the plane I mean story just started. ..good evening everyone

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by abefe99: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
God I don't knw wat to comment gurl u are a genius as in u are the best God bless ur handwork
Re: Alone.. by Shakyroh320(f): 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Dere is a conspiracy sumwhr,kip it cumin dear
Re: Alone.. by Mykel4God(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
Viewing this topic: cruzzbint(f), mishB, Shakyroh320(f), PamelB(f), queenlizzy123(f), freshyoladipupo(m) and 5 guest(s)
But why my moniker nor dey hia na? embarassed
I don dey 4low since day 1 o
Nairaland xabi to do wahyo sha

Quanteaniu
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ehee. Biko keep commenting. I'm enjoying it. And I won't fail you guys so stop thinking I'll pause next week

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by Vickiey192(f): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
An interesting story. Keep the updates flowing.
Re: Alone.. by FlordFlorez(m): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
Rich girls are b*tches! Bleep Rose harder. Uhmm I won't be advising Amy to fall for Ken. Maybe I will be the one to love her truly. lol! Soon my name would be mentioned in the story. Dnt forget #FlordFlorez

2 Likes

Re: Alone.. by Heritageous: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thumbs up, PamelB.
Re: Alone.. by yusluvad(m): 3:57am On Aug 20, 2016
Hmmm! Life is a Mystery!!!
Re: Alone.. by OladeleJohn(m): 7:29am On Aug 20, 2016
This is one very captivating story and the twists are so very nasty.... Well done PamelB
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:32am On Aug 20, 2016
Good morning all. How was your night? Hope you guys slept well because I did. I'm really happy this morning. It's my sister's birthday today.

I was behind the wheels while Gospel was beside me,giving me directions on how to handle the steering. We were in okpara square where he had insisted to be the one teaching me how to drive instead of going to the driving school where I had registered.

I had successfully reversed the car and was going to continue moving when I saw Hillary's car drive into the square. I quickly turned off the ignition and watched the car,waiting to see whoever it was he had come in with. Surprisingly, he got down from the car and started walking to Gospel's car. My face turned into a frown.

Gospel: Your boyfriend is here. Did you invite him?

Me: I didn't.

Gospel got down from the car and went to Hillary who was now close to the car. They shook hands and said something to themselves before Gospel walked away and Hillary came and opened the car.

He occupied where Gospel had being sitting and faced me.

Hillary: Bae how're you?

Me: Are you stalking me or what?

Hillary: No I'm not.

Me: Then who told you I'm here.

Hillary: Kamsi did. I went to the house but I found her instead.

Yes. Kamsi came back the previous day and she was looking very robust and happy.

Hillary: Bae I'm sorry. Please don't punish me this much. I know I wronged you but I'm sorry. The temptation and urge was just too much for me to handle. I...

I got down from the car,closed the door and leaned on it. I'm done hearing whatever he has to say. I'm done with letting myself fall so cheaply for men who will spare no time in hurting me.
He also got down and came to my side..

Hillary: Bae

Me: Hillary please. Get out of here. I don't want to embarrass you. Get out.

Hillary: If that's what will make you forgive me,fine,embarrass me,do anything to me but please,forgive me. I can't be without you,I can't even concentrate anymore. I'm deeply sorry.

Me: Whether you eat,sleep or concentrate less,its none of my fu'cking business. When you were with Rose,did you pause to think about me? Listen,don't make me remember what I've tried to forget and don't make me forget my hand on your face.

Hillary: Do it.

Me: Get lost.

I opened the car and got in,locking all doors immediately and driving away. I don't care anymore. Why should I?

He was there while I rode to and fro,angrily stepping on the brakes and honking nonstop. At about 45minutes later,Gospel called and asked me to stop. I halted the car and waited for him to come to me. He did,asked me to get down and I did. We both walked to a shade.

Gospel: You're angry. What's wrong? Did he say anything to you?

Remember that Gospel isn't yet aware of what happened between Hillary and myself.

Gospel: Amanda?

Me: He didn't say anything.

Gospel: Are you two okay?

Me: Let's go home.

Gospel: No. I'm calling him. I need to know what's happening.

Me: Suit yourself.

He walked away and went to where Hillary was standing. The next minute,they were walking up to me.

Gospel: So both of you,indulge me,tell me what's happening here.

Me: Nothing.

Gospel: Man,tell me.

Hillary looked at me before he started talking,saying everything that had happened. I was mad with rage. How dare he?

Hillary: But I'm really sorry. I am.

Gospel: Amanda....

Me: Don't call my name,he has the effrontery to say he's sorry? He did it the first time and didn't tell me. What if I hadn't caught them that second time? Will he have told me? You guys should just not mention my name here. If he wants to continue stalking my life,fine,I'm out of here.

I walked out without sparing them another glance. I got into the car and decided to wait patiently for Gospel. Time passed but he seemed to be enjoying whatever Hillary was saying.
I took my purse and got down from the car,I walked out of the square,found a cab and made for home. Why won't he enjoy the story? They were birds of sane feathers and they are so good in flocking together.

The first person I went to see was Kamsi. She was stepping out of the bathroom when I got in.

Kamsi: You back?

Me: Yes Mrs Abidjan.

She laughed and hit my shoulder playfully.

Kamsi: Can see you and Gospel have bonded so well.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Me: He's shown how repentant he is.

Kamsi: Yea. He called me as well,begging to have back his position in my life. I only agreed to forgive him because he said he'll apologise to you as well.

Me: Its all good. At least,since then,he's being good.

I told her about our shoppings and the new things he bought for me.

Kamsi: Wow. I'm sure Rose must have taken some. I dunno why she's refused to pick my calls since yesterday.

Me: Ehe. Why will she pick it when she's afraid you'll also give her the beating of her life like I did.

I unlocked my phone and showed her the pictures I took after beating Rose.

Kamsi: Jesus! What did she do?

Me: What else? She's being sleeping with Hillary.

Kamsi's face flushed. She sat down on the bed and hugged me. I was past this emotion stage so I just hugged back and freed myself.

Kamsi: And that slowpoke had the guts to come here and look for you?

Me: Leave it. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to spoil your vacation.

Kamsi: Chai. Why was I not here?

Me: She even came to deceive Ken,because she thought I wouldn't tell him. I wanted to keep quiet but when she asked that I excuse them,I had to open my mouth.

Kamsi: That girl eh. Wait till I see her in school on Monday.

Me: I'm not going on Monday o. I'll start by Wednesday.

Kamsi: Onye ujo akwukwo. Anytime we start,I'm still going to pay her a visit. She made a mistake by messing with you.

I smiled and rubbed her back.

Me: Dress up joor. You're showing too much skin and I'm not Ted.

We both laughed before she dressed up and we went down to watch a movie together

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alone.. by Ikdbabie(f): 7:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Nice. Thanks for the breakfast. And a very happy B-day to your sister.
Re: Alone.. by OladeleJohn(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2016
Happy Birthday to your Sister Dear. We know we can't get cake but an update will do
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2016
We just came out from a class that lasted three hours. Trust lecturers, upon we were not up to 100 out of three hundred and something radiography students,he gave us a quiz. Kamsi and I stepped out of the class three hours later and proceeded to the cafe which was always our consoler after such lectures.

We were almost there when we saw Rose leaving the cafe. Kamsi quickly ran up to her while I followed in quick steps. I knew Kammy was good at embarrassing people but I just wanted her to let things end the way it had.

Kamsi: Hey!

Rose turned and her smile disappeared.

Kamsi: Have your tongue fallen into your throat?

Rose swallowed hard as I came in to view.

Rose: Hi.

Kamsi: Better. So I heard you now sleep around right?

Rose: I...

Kamsi: Don't. Better don't stammer before me because I'm ready to tear you into pieces.

Kamsi had come prepared for a war. She was dressed casually in a jean short and polo,unlike Kamsi who wouldn't look at a polo on ordinary days.

A small crowd had gathered,eager to know why people who were friends during their first year had now turned enemies.

Rose: Kamsi please,you're embarrassing me.

A slap landed on Roses' face and the crowd was filled with '"ohs" and "ouchs".

Kamsi: When you were sleeping with my sister's boyfriend,did you think twice before doing it? Did you think up the consequences?

Rose was rubbing her face now,with tears dropping from her eyes.

Rose: I...

Kamsi: Shut up. You had my brother,why would you go to Hillary? How shameless and disgusting.

Rose: But I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry.

Kamsi: You're still talking eh? You're still opening that gutter you call mouth?

Kamsi went for an attack but I was just in time to come between them with one other guy who received the slap meant for Rose. I looked up at his face and it was Hillary.

What insolence? So he came to defend her?

Kamsi: Clap for yourselves you shameless animals. You came to fight for her. You should be grateful that it was just a slap. And I'm sure you're also here to take her home to compl.....

Hillary: Kammy stop. Why are you doing this? We're sorry. We shouldn't be fighting and disgracing ourselves in public.

Kamsi walked up to him with scorn and hatred written on her face.

Kamsi: But that's the plan. To help you wash your dirty linen in public. To warn people to be careful of you two backstabbers.

She pushed past Hillary and went to Rose.

Kamsi: Listen wh'ore,you should be thankful today,not because this woman eater came on time,but because my sister also came between you and I,which shows she's forgiven you. But I hope the slaps are enough to redesign your brains and get them back to default mode. Shameless things.

She walked away leaving me behind. I went to Rose and she looked at me innocently.

Rose: I'm sorry.

Me: Save it. You've gotten what you deserve. Just know how to treat friends next time.

I followed Kamsi's trail and walked out,hearing people murmur and say things I couldn't hear. But one thing was clear,anyone who has Kamsi,has a fighter and an adventurer.

Did we go to the cafe? Nope. Instead,I met Kamsi at the school gate where we boarded a cab and drove home. Throughout the ride,we remained silent,not sure of what to say to each other. But I'm not angry with her. She's just looking out for me.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Ikdbabie:
Nice. Thanks for the breakfast. And a very happy B-day to your sister.
thank you. I'll tell her

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2016
OladeleJohn:
Happy Birthday to your Sister Dear. We know we can't get cake but an update will do
lols. And I'm here to serve you sir
Re: Alone.. by callmeomotee33(f): 8:17am On Aug 20, 2016
May this day be the beginning of another beautiful year for you. May there be pleasant surprises, loads of joy and infinite happiness. Wish your sister a very happy birthday. Since we can't have cake and champagne.
Can u update more episodes it will stand as cake&drink
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
happy birthday to yr sister.....long life. .......
this update sha.... I detest ladies fighting over guys. .......
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Viewing this topic: Princelegacylemoha ( m), princeuniq ( m), Taduma1 ( f), rap53 , Bornita( f), kido24 ( m ), saxwizard ( m), Temtopy ( f ), Isabel2457 ( f) and 3 guest(s)

you knw wat to do na... oya comment

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
we will b waiting for the cake
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2016
Today is Thursday and our lecture free day. We were at the terrace,thinking up what to do with our free time.

Kamsi: Let's just go out,since you can now drive,we'll just go sight seeing.

Me: I want to visit my house.

Kamsi: The Okoye's?

Me: Yes. I want to know how they're doing and also know how they're keeping the house.

Kamsi: You miss them?

I nodded.

Kamsi: Its alright. We'll go but we won't tell anybody. From there,we'll now go sightseeing. And dress in your best so they'll know you're living fine now.

I laughed and thanked her.

Kamsi: Big mouth Chinenye,I've not seen her since school resumed.

Me: That's why I want to go and see them.

Kamsi looked at her phone.
Kamsi: Its 9:45 already,let's go and get ready.

We both went down to our rooms and I started rummaging through my clothes to know the one I'm going to wear. I finally settled for a pink crop top,jean trouser and a pink boot and in the next 95 minutes,we were on our way to abakpa,the location where my terror started with me behind the wheels.

We got to our location and rode into the streets of housing estate. As I drove past each street,I remembered that night I had bade them goodbye. The pastures were greener and looked like it noticed my presence. I stopped beside a school,two streets from the Okoye's house and let my tears fall. Kamsi allowed me for a good number of minutes before she spoke up.

Kamsi: Don't you think you should be praising God instead of crying? What if you had died that day? But he kept you alive,so that people will know your story and praise Him for His goodness? You shouldn't be crying Amy because I'm sure you've overcome your fears by wanting to see them.

Me: I...

Kamsi: Don't speak.

She helped me dab my face with her bandana and using the make up in her Marlboro purse,she remade my face.

Kamsi: Stop crying. Let's go and see your family.

I nodded and brought the engine back to life. I wasn't perfect yet as we still had the L letter attached to the car and I drove carefully.
We got to the house and I honked,expecting the gateman to come out and open the gate but we were there for some minutes,yet nobody showed up.

Kamsi: I'll see.

She got down and went towards the gate. She opened the small gate and went in,then opened the big one for me to drive in.

I drove into the familiar compound. Nothing had changed. Everywhere was littered with dried leaves from the fruit tree that stood in the middle of the compound. I got out of the car and joined Kamsi.

Kamsi: This place looks isolated.

Me: You sure they still live.....

Nenye: You don't talk to me because you put me in this situation.

Kamsi and I turned to the direction of the voice and saw Chinenye,coming out from the backyard with a baby bump. She saw us and froze.

Mrs Okoye: Who drove in?

She joined her daughter and she couldn't hide the shock on her face.

Kamsi and I greeted her.

Mrs Okoye: Amanda?

Me: Yes mum.

Mrs Okoye: What are you doing here?

Me: Uhm....we came to see a friend who lived in the estate so we decided to come and see you.

Kamsi: Yes ma.

Nenye ran into the house without turning back.

Me: I'm sorry mum but you people didn't inform us that Nenye was married.

Mrs Okoye hissed and I looked at Kamsi.

Mrs Okoye: Don't mind that girl. She got pregnant and she doesn't know who's responsible. I don't know what I'm going to do with her. Since then,she's refused to be polite to anybody.

Kamsi: Doesn't make sense. How can she not know who's responsible for her child?

Mrs Okoye: My dear,you two should come in. How's your mother?

Kamsi: She's fine ma.

We followed her inside where she offered us seats. The interior still looked wonderful and I was grateful for that.

Mrs Okoye: What do I offer you girls? You people are now big girls so I don't know if you still take juice.

Me: I...

Kamsi: We're fine ma. We're filled.

Mrs Okoye: Ah! At least,take something nau.

Kamsi: We'll leave with a pack of juice.

Mrs Okoye: That's better so how's school?

Kamsi: We're fine o. School is fine. Just....

Me: Mum,can we go and see Nenye?

Mrs Okoye: Uhm... Yes.. Why not? Its your house

Kamsi and I quickly ran up the stairs,very well aware of the eyes that followed us. I led the way to where I know was Nenye's room and after a knock,I pushed the door open and we both went in. Nenye was lying on her side. I bolted the door because I knew that we three had issues to settle.

She sat up and threw us wicked glances.

Nenye: Get out of here now.

Kamsi scoffed and folded her hands below her breasts.

Nenye: You both are just here to mock me so just get out.

Kamsi: If I were you,I'll be quiet and listen.

Me: Kamsi please.

Nenye started sobbing audibly and I cast Kamsi a pleading look.

Me: We're not here to mock you. We don't even know that you're pregnant. I miss you,you're my sister and I only came to see you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 8:59am On Aug 20, 2016
amanda's life is just full of drama

thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2016
So long as my thumb doesn't fall off,I'll update. This is the last for this morning.

Nenye looked at me.

Nenye: You didn't know I was pregnant?

Me: Not at all. We've both missed you,worse still,school resumed properly last week but we didn't see you around so we decided to come and check on you.

Nenye: Really?.

Me: Yes. We can never mock you. We're all women and don't know what our future will be like.

Kamsi sat down beside Nenye and I smiled inwardly.

Nenye: You've got a goof heart Amanda. I wonder why I've being blind to the truth all these years.

Kamsi looked at me and I knew she wanted to say something

Kamsi: Everything has a right time. Maybe this is your own time to see a change.

Me: Yes. You were just blind all those years because you loved your mother and....

Nenye: And she put me in this condition. I hate her. She's not my mother.

Kamsi: What? What are you saying?

Me: Nenye,tell us. What are you saying?

Nenye: We've run bankrupt. We don't have anything now except this house. She's sold everything father had. When she realised she couldn't sell the ones in your name,she started sleeping with father's friends. I didn't say anything so long as she put food on our table. I was in the sitting room one night when she came in with a man, introduced him to me as her classmate way back in the university. She left both of us to talk and went into her room. That night,this man took advantage of me and no matter how much I screamed,mum never came out to help me.

Kamsi: Jesus.

Nenye: It was when he was ready to leave that I knew they staged it.

Me: How?

Nenye: He dropped twenty thousand on the table and asked me to give it to my mum, then he gave me five thousand naira saying I wasn't as good as my mum had said.

Tears ran down my eyes. How can a mother do this to her own child? I understood it when it was me, but her own child?

Nenye: When I realised I was pregnant,I told mum and she said she would call him. I later found out that she doesn't even have his number let alone knowing who he was.

Kamsi: Oh my God. Did you go for a lab test?..

Nenye: I did. I treated gonorrhea for weeks.

Kamsi: I'm sorry to say this but your mother is wicked.

Nenye: She's not my mother. I regret the day she conceived me.

I had to stop crying and we three went into a warm embrace.

Nenye: Please forgive me. She poisoned my mind against you,saying your mother was a witch and tried to kill her while she was pregnant. That was why I was against you.

Me: I knew there was no smoke without fire. Let's not talk about the past anymore. Let's look for a way forward.

Kamsi: Yes. Let's not discuss the past anymore. We'll go home and think of a way to help you out.

Nenye: Please,come and take me out of here. please.

Kamsi: Don't worry. It will be over soon.

Kamsi and I gave her some money before she escorted us out. Mrs Okoye was no longer in the sitting room so we just left the house without bothering to look for her.

We spent the rest of the day at new berries,talking about the Okoye's family

13 Likes

Re: Alone.. by rap53(m): 9:13am On Aug 20, 2016
This is one of the most beautiful pieces on this forum...I have been glued to my phone ever since I saw the post on the front page... smiley...more grease to your shoulders..@PamelB....I can't wait to see the remainder of this piece...
Re: Alone.. by Taduma1(f): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Think am watching nairawood movie , from de moment i started following de story ... I must confess dis story is da bomb......

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply)

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.