Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

The Devil has the money ( A Novel) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil has the money ( A Novel) (74486 Views)

The Devil In The Suit / The Devil Wears Okrika / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
johnwizey:
Yes.....i can now relate it with the last episode. More ink to ur pen and more power supply to ur area

Lool thanks bro. kiss
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
* Continues*

Kojo

I went out of my room with Mara still in the tub, to fix Chantelle some breakfast. I was spoon feeding Chantelle some cereals when Mara came into the room.

" Next time knock!" She shouted at me and walked out of the room immediately.

" Who is she Kojo?" Chantelle asked.

" Don't worry about her".

I continued spoon feeding my daughter. We both heard a little girl crying and i excused myself to check what havoc Mara had wrecked again. Unknown to me, Chantelle had followed me downstairs. Mara stood in the middle of my living room with a cute little girl in her arms.

Chantelle gasped behind me. I wondered where Mara had gotten the child.

" Whose child is that? " i asked my always up to no good wife.

She laughed in a melodious voice.

" I know this child!" Chantelle said.

" Dear husband am only helping you fight your battles. I will eliminate all your enemies, i said i will always make you happy didn't i ? "

" This is the president' s grand child!" Chantelle informed us.

I picked up the remote to my 34 inches LED screen TV and switched it on.I scrolled through the channels until i got to a news channel. I groaned loudly when i saw the news caption : President Komla Amuzu' s Grandchild missing. Is this what Mara meant when she said she will always make me happy? is frustration her definition of happiness?

" Why did you take the child!?" I shouted angrily.

" Darling she belongs to your enemy so i took her for you," She explained camly.

Chantelle looked from Me to Mara back and forth perplexed about what was going on. My eyes strayed to the TV screen. Another shock in just one day, first it was Mara dangling her fish tail in the thub, now another shocker. On the television screen is a petite beautiful woman in her late twenties. She has grown more beautiful with age. There on my television screen is yet another woman i had failed to protect. Another woman i had promised i won't hurt. My Pam had grown into a beautiful woman.

" That's her! the child' s mother! " Chantelle shouted. " Pamela Amuzu"

I snatched the cute little girl from Mara. My neice. why has my life turned out like this i wondered. Is this what the love of money does to a man' s soul?

Tbc

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by toboski1(m): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
kun gaga twa gaga hmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ekumara. Nnu, kojo my man is suffering like this all because of money. Well done op sha. I pray God kills that Mara, devil's daughter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by emerged01(m): 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Awwww...this story is gradually coming an end. What a wonderful story!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
But kojo is dead na or is he α ghost?? A̶̲̥̅♏ confused now
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by jacy67(f): 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
gen-gen!!!!! Kojo has finally bitten more than he can chew. Now he's living right in the same room with the worst enemy of man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by beezyblaze(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
[b][/b] wow wow wow!!! This Is Awesome. Jeez!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by beezyblaze(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
[b][/b] wow wow wow!!! This Is Awesome. Jeez!!! shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Cornerstone001: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
A big wow
Well done Bibi, you are amazing, I have read the story as if I am watchinga movie.
You've done a great job, but we are expecting more updates.
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by johnwizey: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
beezyblaze:
[b][/b] wow wow wow!!! This Is Awesome. Jeez!!! shocked shocked
Are u an ambulance Hay God, i dont want someone like mara o. Mara will surely be the end of kojo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lolaabokoku:
But kojo is dead na or is he α ghost?? A̶̲̥̅♏ confused now

Hi sweet. Yes he died bt Mara ( mermaid) bought his soul and restored it back to him.
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
Cornerstone001:
A big wow
Well done Bibi, you are amazing, I have read the story as if I am watchinga movie.
You've done a great job, but we are expecting more updates.
God bless you.

Thanks bro....God bless u too
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Thanks for Pam's dear life, at least she's alive. cheesy

Cant help feeling sorry for Kojo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
* Continues*

Kojo

Mara refused to return the little girl, i begged and prodded until she eventually agreed to let Chantelle leave with the child when i said i would make love to her. Although i was scared of Don' s men hunting Chantelle down i had no choice but to ask her to leave with the child. Mara is very dangerous and i didn't want her to harm my daughter and niece. I told Chantelle to go to the nearest Police station and report Don. I also told her to tell them i kidnapped the little girl, else how would Chantelle say she came to have the baby with her. That night, Mara lay under me like a frozen fish while i made love to her. She felt very cold and i was afraid my manhood was going to get frozen. The very next morning, it was in the news that President Amuzu had been found dangling from his ceiling fan while his manhood had been slashed and tucked into his mouth. What a terrible way to die, i knew it was Mara' s handwork but i didn't feel sorry for him because he deserved it.

I saw my name on every news channels declaring me' wanted for kidnapping'. Mara has taken to being in the bathub all day,she said she was home sick. It has been a week since Chantelle had left with the little girl and i havent heard from her, i hoped my Chantelle was alright.

I thought i heard a knock on my door one evening. I got up to open it and my eyes watered. There stood Pam. My little Pam with Ama and Chantelle. Pam threw herself into my arms and we both wept. I led them into the house forgetting for a moment that Mara was still very much around.

" My brother! i thought i would never see you again." She sobbed.

" Pam. Am sorry, am sorry " i sobbed like a baby.

We all sat down.

" How... how did you find Ama?" i asked.

" When i was notified that my baby had been found i wanted to see the brave young lady who rescued her and appreciate her. I got to her (Chantelle)' s house and Ama opened the door. I thought....i thought... " She bursts into tears.

I got down on my knees. I had wronged all the women in my life greatly. " Am sorry, for everything".

Ama lifted me up." Maybe this is our fate Kojo, maybe all these was destined to happen." Ama said. " Chantelle go meet your father."

I looked up in surprise. Chantelle flew into my arms and i hugged her tight crying. Chantelle placed her head against my cheeks crying.

" Father, Don has been arrested but he is in the intensive unit at the military hospital. He was burnt beyond recognition in that fire outbreak".

I looked at Ama. She still didn't know that Don is her brother.

A soft clapping sound sounded. We all looked up and saw Mara standing on the stairs clapping.

" Beautiful! what a glorious family reunion" Mara said.

I signalled to my family to get up and they did getting the message. Pam whispered into my ears that she will get help for me. Chantelle must have told them Mara had mystical powers. I wondered if anyone could save me from the claws of Mara. The ladies hurried out of the house like the devil was on their heels.

End of Episode 11

TBC

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
Olivers2J:
hahahahahaha & i was right after all in one thing abt this story Chantelle is his blood, tnk God Ama is alive. wht a story!

grin
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 31, 2016
This Mara is a handful, Lawd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Cornerstone001: 12:23am On Jul 31, 2016
bibijay123:

Thanks bro....God bless u too
Amen, I am back to the story now,
Thank you for the update tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by beezyblaze(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2016
jagugu88li:
This Mara is a handful, Lawd

Atleast she helped him in a few ways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2016
beezyblaze:

Atleast she helped him in a few ways

Looking at the bright side hey cheesy... True though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
Episode 12

*FLASH BACK*

PAM' s story

I could hear my father and Afine at it again. I covered my ears with both of my hands trying to block out Afine' s cries. How my father could lay his hands on a pregnant woman baffles me. Afine and i had grown close in the space of five years that my brother Kojo has left. I go to the motor park every evening, hoping that my brother would be among the passengers in the returning vehicles. Afine had been so good to me but i couldn't help longing for my brother.

I got up from my bamboo bed and marched outside in anger. The compound was lit up by the bright moon in the sky. I threw open the door to my father' s room, Afine was packing her meager possessions while crying. She told me she was going to her parents house. I begged her to wait till the next morning but she insisted on leaving that night. I couldn't let her go alone in the middle of the night so I took hold of the bag and we walked out of the room.

Father never called after us or tried to stop us. We walked the lonely dark paths leading to the motor park.Afine cried all the way, lamenting her bad luck in marrying my father. Unfortunately for us, there was no cab at the motor park. I begged my step mother that we should go back home but she insisted on walking to her folks' s place. We had barely reached the outskirt of Town when she started hemorrhaging. She couldn't no longer walk, i asked her to sit under a tree while i run back home for help. I hadn't gone far when i heard a low hissing sound, the snake struck my leg before i even saw the tiny green slithering demon. That was the last thing i remembered and the last time i saw Afine or my father.

I woke up a week later in a hunter' s hut. He was coming back from his nightly hunting when he came across my unconscious form on the road path. He nursed me back to health, unknown to me, his daughter was the legal wife of the President. She had died birthing Daniel who later became my husband. Daniel Amuzu came to visit his maternal granpa and fell in love with me. On my part, i was grateful to be given a better life and being loved by a man who was every girl' s dream husband. Daniel took me back with him to the capital city where i had professional doctors taking care of me.

Although i was only fourteen years old while he was twenty _ five years old but a girl' s age means nothing to the Northerners. Daniel Amuzu later flew me overseas where i had quality education. He proposed when i turned twenty one. I didn't conceive for five good years but he never stopped loving me and being a good husband to me. I never thought i would see my brother again but the God i serve is a faithful God, i kept praying for Ama and Kojo where ever they may be. Although the president is a man who loves destruction, he holds his' own' dear, he doted on me and my daughter Olivia. Daniel is nothing like his father, he never supports his father' s wicked acts and is always kicking against his immoral behaviors. I have come far in life, from being a penniless Togolese girl to being the wife of a prominent man in my nation and the mother of a beautiful girl. I bless the good lord every day for bringing me this far.

TBC

Happy sunday!

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Eniqurl(f): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
So so interesting... Weldne bibijay123

Cc: Cutehector

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
I'm very glad that Pam was at least taken good care of, bless the husband and Afine

Now that's a Happy Sunday !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by johnwizey: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Happy Sunday Bibi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Essyprity(f): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
this story is so deep that it pulls emotions in me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
* Continues*

Kojo

I have been a prisoner in my own house for weeks. Mara had become so vicious she had even put mystical barriers on the entrance. I couldn't go out and no one could come in. She had destroyed the electrical connections so i had no idea what was happening outside. I began writing my life story then, some how my fridge was always stuck up with food. I would make my meals and go back to writing my story on a paper. Mara and her mermaid friends were always splashing and playing in my bath tub so i took to bathing in the guest bathroom. One early morning i heard loud voices praying on a mega phone. I peeped through the window, Mara had broken all the glasses and widow pane so it was easy to peer out.

Pam, Ama and Chantelle with some group of men and women were going round the house praying and sprinkling holy water on the house. I felt her presence before i even saw her.

" Why are mortals so foolish?" Mara asked.

I ignored her and continued writing on the paper in front of me. Suddenly the paper went up in flames and she laughed. Her laughter shook up the whole building. I could see the people outside fall to the ground. Mara continued laughing.

" We were on our own and you came to us for help! we held up our part of the deal! now you want to play smart! you think anyone can take you from me?!"

I made to go up the stairs but i suddenly felt myself high up with my head almost reaching the ceiling, something was also choking my throat. I fell with a loud thud to the ground and groaned in pain.

" If they keep trying to take you away from me, i will kill them all and kill you too!"

She walked back the stairs. The next day the prophets returned alone and prayed. They spoke to me on the mega phone that if i could hear them i should fast for three days and be stead fast in prayer. I fasted for three days, and prayed. On the seventh day, i heard Mara screaming fire, fire, fire. I went up the stairs and saw her rolling on the floor chanting strange words. Allen suddenly appeared in the room carrying the briefcase i wanted to steal from him when we first met.

" You! how could you do this!?" He came towards me and i backed up.

" Allen". I said in fear.

The briefcase dropped from his hands.There were thousands of contract papers with photographs of young men on it. The briefcase suddenly went up in flames and Allen fell on his knees crying. Allen suddenly vaporized into thin air and Mara vanished too before my very own eyes. I could hear loud jubilating and cries of joy from the prayer warriors outside, i slumped on the ground and cried to my creator.

TBC

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
jagugu88li:
I'm very glad that Pam was at least taken good care of, bless the husband and Afine

Now that's a Happy Sunday !!

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
johnwizey:
Happy Sunday Bibi

Happy Sunday bro grin
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eniqurl:
So so interesting... Weldne bibijay123

Cc: Cutehector

Thank you!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by jacy67(f): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
hmmmmmm!!!! Second chance for Kojo. finally

Thumbs up! Bibi!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
jacy67:
hmmmmmm!!!! Second chance for Kojo. finally

Thumbs up! Bibi!!!

Thumbs up too babe! I couldn't have come this far without y' all encouragements kiss
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by PeachyP(f): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wow, the story is cool. Thumbs up Bibi cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Medicine / HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.