Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,187 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article (17415 Views)

Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by hopefulLandlord: 12:12am On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Are you still on this matter? I shared 2 screengrabs for your friend where I explainsd anti theism and atheism to him and both are rhe same. Just that one is aggressively driven for practical implementation of beliefs (Hitler) while the other is Passive like all you NL atheists who just talk with no actions (hopefullandlord)

Let me share it again here so you read.
Adults are talking

Go to bed
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 12:22am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hahahahahahaha

Confirmation bias

NONE of those were confirmed to be atheist

Himmler was "against" atheism because Himmler believed it to be a form of egotism

What I learnt today: an anti-atheist is an atheist

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot and then laughing in pain , are you a stoic ? Hitler and his atheist buddies accommodated atheists that accepted Nazism but were against atheists that did not and that means he is not an atheist ? Haba ! Hilter's political aims did not conflict with his atheism .

Same with Christians during the medieval age who deprecated the reprehensible acts of the Catholics were killed by them . It does not mean the Catholics aint Christians . They wanted to sate their political thirst for power and the bulldozed past anyone that stood in their including fellow Christians .

That's what Hitler did with atheists who were anti-Nazi . It does not mean he was mean he was anti-atheistic . He was simply being fighting against anti-Nazis including atheists .
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by hopefulLandlord: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot and then laughing in pain , are you a stoic ? Hitler and his atheist buddies accommodated atheists that accepted Nazism but were against atheists that did not and that means he is not an atheist ? Haba ! Hilter's political aims did not conflict with his atheism .

Same with Christians during the medieval age who deprecated the reprehensible acts of the Catholics were killed by them . It does not mean the Catholics aint Christians . They wanted to sate their political thirst for power and the bulldozed past anyone that stood in their including fellow Christians .

That's what Hitler did with atheists who were anti-Nazi . It does not mean he was mean he was anti-atheistic . He was simply being fighting against anti-Nazis including atheists .
Let me get this straight

He was against anti-Nazis including atheists but he was an atheist? Seems legit
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot and then laughing in pain , are you a stoic ? Hitler and his atheist buddies accommodated atheists that accepted Nazism but was against atheists that did not and that means he is not an atheist . Hilter's political aims did not conflict with his atheism .

He does not realise that everyone tagged Hitler as the strangest Atheist.

Hitler was an atheist and supposed believer in evolution. He was also a proven Fascist.
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Adults are talking

Go to bed

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Adults are talking

Go to bed

Hitler was the first example of a typical demopublican. He endorsed imperialism and genocide through his promotion of scientific racism.
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by hopefulLandlord: 12:34am On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Hitler was the first example of a typical demopublican. He endorsed imperialism and genocide through his promotion of scientific racism.

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=48012962][/quote]

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 12:38am On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

He does not realise that everyone tagged Hitler as the strangest Atheist.

Hitler was an atheist and supposed believer in evolution. He was also a proven Fascist.

What eluded hopeful landlord is that Hitler's political ideologies did not conflict with his atheistic view - he was also against atheists who dissented to his political ideologies .

Fascism is against Marxism - a subset of Communism - but Marxism has atheism as an inseparable part . That means he actually cared less about atheism though an atheist and wanted his political ideologies enforced . He was a true politician !
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

What eluded hopeful landlord is that Hitler's political ideologies did not conflict with his atheistic view - he was also against atheists who dissented to his political ideologies .

Fascism is against Marxism - a subset of Communism - but Marxism has atheism as an inseparable part . That means he actually cared less about atheism though an atheist and wanted his political ideologies enforced . He was a true politician !

Confirmed Demopublican!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by hopefulLandlord: 12:42am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Bros these are conjectures and hearsays

The "facts" we have is that he was antichristian and anti-atheist

Nazism is not atheism bro

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

Like I said, we'll keep going back and forth

If scholars who's job is to search deep almost day and night haven't been able to factually claim he was atheist, I see no reason for two people who are "armchair" scholars to keep going on about an open ended discussion

Its gotten tiring now
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

If scholars who's job is to search deep almost day and night haven't been able to factually claim he was atheist, I see no reason for two people who are "armchair" scholars to keep going on about an open ended discussion

Its gotten tiring now

Zygotes never understand what elders are saying because they are yet to even develop.

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by hopefulLandlord: 12:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 12:53am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Its gotten tiring now

Bro , stop giving me that link . Whatever Hitler had against atheism in 1933 was influenced by his once-held Christian beliefs . He departed from Christianity and in 1941 , Hitler said : "Christianity is an invention of sick brains" .

His quondam Christian beliefs made him deplore atheism . But when he became an atheist , he had his political ideas to be promulgated and enforced . He had no modicum of interest in his atheistic views but loved his political aims - that's why even if atheists were anti-Nazi he'd still exterminate them . It does not make him less of an atheist . He believes in evolution - survival of the fittest - atheist or not if you don't want me , die !!! But he hated Christians no matter what !!
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by hopefulLandlord: 1:01am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Bro , stop giving me that link . Whatever Hitler had against atheism in 1933 was influenced by his once-held Christian beliefs . He departed from Christianity and in 1941 , Hitler said : "Christianity is an invention of sick brains" .

His quondam Christian beliefs made him deplore atheism . But when he became an atheist , he had his political ideas to be promulgated and enforced . He had no modicum of interest in his atheistic views but loved his political aims - that's why even if atheists were anti-Nazi he'd still exterminate them . It does not make him less of an atheist . He believes in evolution - survival of the fittest - atheist or not if you don't want me , die !!! But he hated Christians no matter what !!

You previously stated that whatever he had against atheists was due to his once held Christian belief and then still in the same post contradicted that

Like I said, he was "antichristian" I'm not denying that and your post shows that

But even you showed he's ready to kill atheists that oppose Nazism

Nazism is not atheism

Nazism is simply another religious movement

He persecuted anyone against it (Christian Muslim Judaism atheists)

But you are now claiming its an atheist movement?

He was anti everything "familiar" religion

Its like calling Otem an atheist

His movement is simply different from any other at the time

Only intellectually dishonest "Christians" quickly called him atheist outside Germany

Such dishonest Christians are responsible for making sure he becomes accepted as atheist

But Ebuka the fact that even scholars are stuck in debate as to whether he's atheist or not says a lot

Unless you know more than them, if you do then more power to you
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by JackBizzle: 1:04am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Hitler was never an atheist. Stop being silly.

He killed Jews and said it was the Lord's work.

Ogbeni. Stop the lies.
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:16am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Even the link one of them gave only said there were "rumours" of him being atheist

But guess what? In that same link he gave, there's a whole subheading given to his views that opposed atheism

They keep repeating "Hitler was an atheist" creating threads upon threads to that effect, they believe that if they repeat it a huge number of times, people would believe it when in fact Hitler is not atheist

So what my smart Christian did was to take "rumour" as "fact" while wishing away the true "fact" that he was against atheism while hoping we won't visit the link and read its contents, unfortunately for him, we did

Yet he calls us dumb? He must be dumber than dumb then
exactly...i repeated times witout number...read the links..they wudnt listen..
Ignorance at its peak brother...
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:27am On Jul 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

Hitler was never an atheist. Stop being silly.

He killed Jews and said it was the Lord's work.

Ogbeni. Stop the lies.

Just negodu . We already have a memorandum that explicitly denigrated religious concept of God . Hitler also abjured his Christian beliefs and embraced materialism - this can be deduced from the memo .
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:27am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You are the one twisting it just to suit your claims . Hitler was an atheist . And the memorandum clearly implied he was an atheist . He did not believe in divinity in nature and that rules him out as a pantheist . He does not believe in the supernatural , that rules him out as a deist . You are now left with atheism . Go to bed bro !
i believe u didnt read my link on hitlers quote...
He believed in the supernatural...read my link on his quotes...or signify and i bring thos quotes here...u choose....
Nazism is a religion of its own...i keep sayinng this...check it up on wikipedia...
Nazism is a kinda deism which promotes positive christianity...positive christianity was the line of worship for god...he believed christianity was frm the heart and shud be shoown in good deeds etc
baba an atheist doesnt laydown and follow rules of worship of a god...any god...be it the naturelike way u wanna put it...
Atheists detest all gods....
Hitler publicly decried atheism like a lot...he shut down secular schools because they had no religious foundations...he believed religion was necessary...shut down atheistic movement and organisations in germany..
What more do u need?
Lets present pure facts..
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by JackBizzle: 1:29am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Just negodu . We already have a memorandum that explicitly denigrated religious concept of God . Hitler also abjured his Christian beliefs and embraced materialism - this can be deduced from the memo .

Lies, lies, lies.

No one believes your nonsense interpretations. Hitlers quotes affirming his belief in God and doing God's work are clear. No need for "reinterpretation".
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:30am On Jul 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

i believe u didnt read my link on hitlers quote...
He believed in the supernatural...read my link on his quotes...or signify and i bring thos quotes here...u choose....
Nazism is a religion of its own...i keep sayinng this...check it up on wikipedia...
Nazism is a kinda deism which promotes positive christianity...positive christianity was the line of worship for god...he believed christianity was frm the heart and shud be shoown in good deeds etc
baba an atheist doesnt laydown and follow rules of worship of a god...any god...be it the naturelike way u wanna put it...
Atheists detest all gods....
Hitler publicly decried atheism like a lot...he shut down secular schools because they had no religious foundations...he believed religion was necessary...shut down atheistic movement and organisations in germany..
What more do u need?
Lets present pure facts..

Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:30am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
@hopefulLandlord . Hitler must have spoken against atheism when he was a Christian .
hitler spoke against atheism frm the conception of the nazi party till his death
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:32am On Jul 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

hitler spoke against atheism frm the conception of the nazi party till his death

He discussed it with raphieMontella towards the precipice of his death . grin
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:33am On Jul 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

Lies, lies, lies.

No one believes your nonsense interpretations. Hitlers quotes affirming his belief in God and doing God's work are clear. No need for "reinterpretation".

grin grin grin grin grin . Looks like you are reading his anti Christian quotes upside down
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith. Speech 26 April 1933 made during negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of 1933; after assuming office o..he was already chancellor...kingebuka...more is cooming
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:38am On Jul 30, 2016
We were convinced that the people needs and
requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken
the fight against the atheistic movement, and that
not merely with a few theoretical declarations:
we have stamped it out. Speech delivered in Berlin 24 October 1933;
cc kingebukanaija
so u knw he had all the power he already needed..its nt a matter oof lieing to be in power
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by JackBizzle: 1:40am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4037798_hitler4_pngf3443af276561c8e4661027194516c98

You have lied so much that you dont even know when you are lying consciously.

Just look at the nonsense you posted. Hitler died 1945 but you bring some quote not made by him which is dated 1946?
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:40am On Jul 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
We were convinced that the people needs and
requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken
the fight against the atheistic movement, and that
not merely with a few theoretical declarations:
we have stamped it out. Speech delivered in Berlin 24 October 1933;
cc kingebukanaija
so u knw he had all the power he already needed..its nt a matter oof lieing to be in power

Can you provide any speech against atheism from 1941 to 1945 ? The dude spoke a lot with confidence so you might lay your hands on any .
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:41am On Jul 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

You have lied so much that you dont even know when you are lying consciously.

Just look at the nonsense you posted. Hitler died 1945 but you bring some quote not made by him which is dated 1946?

wawu . Bright mind . The memorandum was PUBLISHED at that time . It was in circulation since 1941 - did you skip this part or are you gona admit that its a knee-jerk post .
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Pls take a lil time to read them

While we destroyed the Centre Party, we have
not only brought thousands of priests back into
the Church, but to millions of respectable people
we have restored their faith in their religion and
in their priests. The union of the Evangelical
Church in a single Church for the whole Reich, the Concordat with the Catholic Church, these are
but milestones on the road which leads to the
establishment of a useful relation and a useful co
operation between the Reich and the two
Confessions. New Year Message 1 January 1934; from

We have experienced a miracle, something
unique, something the like of which there has
hardly been in the history of the world. God first
allowed our people to be victorious for four and
a half years, then He abased us, laid upon us a
period of shamelessness, but now after a struggle of fourteen years he has permitted us to
bring that period to a close. It is a miracle which
has been wrought upon the German people.... It
shows us that the Almighty has not deserted our
people, that He received it into favour at the
moment when it rediscovered itself. And that our people shall never again lose itself, that must be
our vow so long as we shall live and so long as
the Lord gives us the strength to carry on the
fight. Speech 19 March 1934 to the Old Guard of
the Party at Munich;(believed in a miracle #ur supernatural)

Finally, I would like to say something to those
people who keep talking to me about religion: I
am also religious, profoundly religious on the
inside, and I believe that Providence weighs us
human beings. Speech 26 March 1934....

August 2, 1934 — Hitler becomes Führer of the German Nation I know that here and there the objection has
been raised: Yes, but you have deserted
Christianity. No, it is not that we have deserted
Christianity; it is those who came before us who
deserted Christianity. We have only carried
through a clear division between politics, which have to do with terrestrial things, and religion,
which must concern itself with the celestial
sphere. There has been no interference with the
doctrine of the Confessions or with their religious
freedom, nor will there be any such interference.
On the contrary the State protects religion, though always on the one condition that religion
will not be used as a cover for political ends. There may have been a time when even parties
founded on the ecclesiastical basis were a
necessity. At that time Liberalism was opposed to
the Church, while Marxism was anti-religious. But
that time is past. National Socialism neither
opposes the Church nor is it anti-religious, but on the contrary, it stands on the ground of a real
Christianity. The Church's interests cannot fail to coincide with
ours alike in our fight against the symptoms of
degeneracy in the world of to-day, in our fight
against the Bolshevist culture, against an atheistic
movement, against criminality, and in our
struggle for the consciousness of a community in our national life, for the conquest of hatred and
disunion between the classes, for the conquest
of civil war and unrest, of strife and discord.
These are not anti-Christian, these are Christian
principles. Speech delivered at Koblenz 26 August 1934;

this one also....note the word celestial
cc kingebukanaija
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by KingEbukaNaija: 1:44am On Jul 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
Pls take a lil time to read them

While we destroyed the Centre Party, we have
not only brought thousands of priests back into
the Church, but to millions of respectable people
we have restored their faith in their religion and
in their priests. The union of the Evangelical
Church in a single Church for the whole Reich, the Concordat with the Catholic Church, these are
but milestones on the road which leads to the
establishment of a useful relation and a useful co
operation between the Reich and the two
Confessions. New Year Message 1 January 1934; from

We have experienced a miracle, something
unique, something the like of which there has
hardly been in the history of the world. God first
allowed our people to be victorious for four and
a half years, then He abased us, laid upon us a
period of shamelessness, but now after a struggle of fourteen years he has permitted us to
bring that period to a close. It is a miracle which
has been wrought upon the German people.... It
shows us that the Almighty has not deserted our
people, that He received it into favour at the
moment when it rediscovered itself. And that our people shall never again lose itself, that must be
our vow so long as we shall live and so long as
the Lord gives us the strength to carry on the
fight. Speech 19 March 1934 to the Old Guard of
the Party at Munich;(believed in a miracle #ur supernatural)

Finally, I would like to say something to those
people who keep talking to me about religion: I
am also religious, profoundly religious on the
inside, and I believe that Providence weighs us
human beings. Speech 26 March 1934....

August 2, 1934 — Hitler becomes Führer of the German Nation I know that here and there the objection has
been raised: Yes, but you have deserted
Christianity. No, it is not that we have deserted
Christianity; it is those who came before us who
deserted Christianity. We have only carried
through a clear division between politics, which have to do with terrestrial things, and religion,
which must concern itself with the celestial
sphere. There has been no interference with the
doctrine of the Confessions or with their religious
freedom, nor will there be any such interference.
On the contrary the State protects religion, though always on the one condition that religion
will not be used as a cover for political ends. There may have been a time when even parties
founded on the ecclesiastical basis were a
necessity. At that time Liberalism was opposed to
the Church, while Marxism was anti-religious. But
that time is past. National Socialism neither
opposes the Church nor is it anti-religious, but on the contrary, it stands on the ground of a real
Christianity. The Church's interests cannot fail to coincide with
ours alike in our fight against the symptoms of
degeneracy in the world of to-day, in our fight
against the Bolshevist culture, against an atheistic
movement, against criminality, and in our
struggle for the consciousness of a community in our national life, for the conquest of hatred and
disunion between the classes, for the conquest
of civil war and unrest, of strife and discord.
These are not anti-Christian, these are Christian
principles. Speech delivered at Koblenz 26 August 1934;

this one also....note the word celestial
cc kingebukanaija

I asked for 1941 to 1945
Re: The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article by raphieMontella: 1:45am On Jul 30, 2016
So far as the Evangelical Confessions are concerned we are determined to put an end to
existing divisions, which are concerned only
with the forms of organization, and to create a
single Evangelical Church for the whole Reich...
And we know that were the great German
reformer [Martin Luther] with us to-day he would rejoice to be freed from the necessity of his own
time and, like Ulrich von Hutten, his last prayer
would be not for the Churches of the separate
States: it would be of Germany that he would
think and of the Evangelical Church of Germany. Proclamation at the Parteitag at Nuremberg, 5
September 1934;
wwud an atheist try to unify the church?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Niger State CAN Reacts To Buhari’s National Broadcast / "Odd" Things That Can Take You To Hell / Ten Questions I Have For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.