Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC (25828 Views)

NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin / Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) / Start Oil Exploration In Benue - Buhari Orders NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

[size=18pt]
"Diversifying even our oil exploration and exploitation."[/size]

Read and don't be Dumb! Do you have a job? You must have been employed through favoritism, pity, connection or sheer luck because your analysis does not even qualify`s you to be an abattoir cleaner

How could just jump into conclusion without reading? Your WAEC and JAMB result needs to be probed. #Gush #YouSuck

hilarious how u aptly described urself.
she asked a simple question" so diversifying our economy is now diversifying oil?

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 8:08am On Jul 26, 2016
Vanillaskin:
I will never forget what mama Peace said about Presido and I quote "Old man wey no get brain, him brain don die pata-pata"
No be me talk am O grin
Presido taking us back to the stone age, even if they find the oil, who go buy
America is moving away from oil into renewable energy, green energy and electric cars, this one is here saying he wants to go look for oil in the north dry land shocked
I beg no make me laugh grin

Little Sis,

1. Could your quoting Mama peace be indicative of your level of reasoning? I will advise you to finish your education, work for a year or two afterwards and reassess your statement. The gap between knowledge and your ignorance is like a gully erosion
2. It is easy to join the band wagon, but pause and think, If Oil is stone-age, why is Dangote building the biggest refinery touted to spin-off associated petro-chemical industry
3. America is moving away from Oil? you mean to Shale Oil? The last I checked, America with Shale Oil became the second largest Oil producer in the world second to Saudi Arabia in the last three years
4. Chad Basin is not a dry land - You see why it is dangerous for ones education not to be complete grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Redoil: 8:09am On Jul 26, 2016
ehiage27:
I really pity my naija people na total mistake be dis na presido oo.. God. I feel for na just here in Brooklyn I dey read all dis tinyz my hrt dey boil. Abeg it's well... a whole president dey look for Oil cos e want am for im region, totally madness and God. I know wetin to call dis one. Abeg my na manage, op say beer no change price shaaaa.
i remember crying and campaigning for Buhari vigorously here in brooklyn
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by 99100(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2016
KINGDOS:
Northern president directs a northern managing director to discover a northern oyel when a northern governor visited their northern office.

Can u see the northern change

Oya oo, we are in watching with a northern telescope! Kontiniyu.

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by shamecurls(m): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2016
lordyugo:

hilarious how u aptly described urself.
she asked a simple question" so diversifying our economy is now diversifying oil?

"Even" is the word you failed to read
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Redoil: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

Little Sis,

1. Could your quoting Mama peace be indicative of your level of reasoning? I will advise you to finish your education, work for a year or two afterwards and reassess your statement. The gap between knowledge and your ignorance is like a gully erosion
2. It is easy to join the band wagon, but pause and think, If Oil is stone-age, why is Dangote building the biggest refinery touted to spin-off associated petro-chemical industry
3. America is moving away from Oil? you mean to Shale Oil? The last I checked, America with Shale Oil became the second largest Oil producer in the world second to Saudi Arabia in the last three years
4. Chad Basin is not a dry land - You see why it is dangerous for ones education not to be complete grin grin grin grin grin grin
dangote is having a rethink abov the refinary ish due to

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lexyclasy: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Oh yeah!! You prophets of diversification,your president is diversifying from ND oil to northerb oil.All hail the Oyel president!!!

Zombies am sure finally you people have seen the kind of people you voted!!! Zero investment ideas!!
Let them Keep searching,That is why He brought BARU to do the dirty deal, resources belongs to God and it is only God that deposit it there.....stop wasting the money meant for better things than chasing wild goose...several Seismic companies has been there for that single purpose over 30yrs now is not new and the result of search always the same old stories.....oil is not a do or die affairs....there are other minerals that are not in the south which God has deposited in the north that requires exploration stop this shallow minded thinking....if you are waiting to find oil before you do the needful for regional government then prepare for tenure elongation.....i see some one that doesn't meant well for other regions here...just like what happens about Film village so if Northern clerics kicks against it, Film village cannot be sited in other region why scrapping it.....it shows the level we are in this country...those that initiated film production in Nigeria are yearning for such lucrative project yet you smear it because ones region rejected it....may God do the needful in this country sooner or later....Amen

3 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Pavore9: 8:17am On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

I do not really understand your drift in these two sentences of yours. If you know more about Oil and Gas, you will understand that you must explore in commensurate measure as you exploit. Failure to do the two simply means you're depleating and not replenishing, and as such expect a progressive decline in output.

I mean are there no other resource we could expend our effort in. The government has not yet shown equal passion in Agriculture which accrues more benefits to Nigerians than oil.

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2016
emmasege:
Now we know why Kachikwu was removed as NNPC Boss. He obviously wasn't enthusiastic about exploring oil in the desert, hence his replacement. And somebody says NDA boys shouldn't be aggrieved and avenge.

Please quit the crap talk and keep to facts

“There are signs from the latest 3D seismic studies that oil may well be very close to being found now in Lake Chad after very many years of trials,” added group managing director Ibe Kachikwu.

Kachikwu, appointed in August to overhaul the state-run group, described the potential find as “very key” and indicated it would help access to crude in northern Nigeria.

“I am optimistic that by the end of the year we should be able to announce something major on this,” he was quoted as saying in an emailed statement on Sunday evening. http://guardian.ng/news/significant-oil-find-possible-in-lake-chad-basin-nigeria/
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2016
engrusmankudu34:
All d idiot shouting @ d exploriation, remember northern eaning of agricutural product was use to explorate oil from SOUTH, well if u like b angree or kill urself since u guys re use to it, b rest assure we will kill u protecting d NORTH oil God willin. Idiots we can't destroy our land as u re destroying urs.

Long live Pmb
Long liv 9ja
Long liv NORTH

who gave ds aboki a smartphone?

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2016
afrika:
This man called buhari, with zero certificate behaves truely a dullard. His acts are shameful. He is preparing the North for the worse case senerio ... "Let's discover oil" ...[i][/i]who u eep!! Im don baff? Who u serve?.... Buhari is just not the right person. He still looks at naija with the[b] eye of 1984[/b]..... Same failure n reason why the power was snatched from him.

The same 84 that you were yet to be born?
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Cmeo:
So many children here who doesn't understand that the oil exploration in the north is a food development as it would help increase Nigeria's asset/GDP and preserve southern nigeria's road deteriorating as a result of moving tankers while petroleum products will be available in the north as well thereby creating jobs there

Bros,

Quit trying to make sense to senseless idiots. they surely will not appreciate it. Let them wallow in their idiocy
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Sodangi77: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2016
May Allah bless ma able presido,we in d North we are solidly behind u with prayers. Let's have our own oil, river and agriculture been improve and let see who is parasites or depend on 1 anoda. I dnt know y som ppl are barking on dis,is it a crime 4 one 2 stand on his feet? while we are boarding 2 u,I think d ppl from d South should b happy about dis development and help in praying 4 d success of dis giant stride,knowing d boarding of d parasite wil b off your shoulders soon.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by DRCIC(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Lagos State has more hydrocarbon deposits than d entire north, but President Buhari will NEVER direct NNPC to intensify oil exploration there, where it can be explored in commercial quantity.

By the time this man is done dealing with this country, we Wil be 20years backward, a new terminology worse than third world country will be coined for Nigeria, but God in his infinite mercy will show Nigeria mercy as he did during d era of Abacha his brother

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by tundexijim(m): 8:25am On Jul 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Oh yeah!! You prophets of diversification,your president is diversifying from ND oil to northerb oil.All hail the Oyel president!!!

Zombies am sure finally you people have seen the kind of people you voted!!! Zero investment ideas!!

Guy e be like say this news pain u wella o.. Diversification doesn't mean neglect of oil na. This is suppose to be a good news na at least North sef go feel wetin Niger Delta ppl dey go through. ..
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 8:25am On Jul 26, 2016
Bobbywallexino:
Mr President! Come and search for it in Ondo State or Badagiri in Lagos State

Does it make sense to search for oil where it has already been found?

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 8:25am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

"Even" is the word you failed to read

diversification is the word u failed to comprehend

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Luvties:

Let them continue bombing and blowing up their facilities while attention is been diverted to other regine.

Anyhow anyhow e go better my people.

I foresee life slavery for ND after the exploration of oil discovered in the northern Nigeria. Because they (ND) will be abondon and food supplies will be limited to the regine as punishment and the independent they are looking for will only happen in their dreamland. ND will be left to dance to the music they are playing now.

Anyone supporting the foolish activities of NDA directly or indirectly is an enemy of ND people and Nigeria atlarge.

Your eyes will soon clear I prophesy.

they will continue bombing nd blowing up pipelines as long as u keep "bombing " nd "blowing " up the english language.

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Coolgent(m): 8:35am On Jul 26, 2016
Avengers and their sponsors will soon regret their action!
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 8:36am On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

Your postulation has little or no academic content. Oil is found in traps in basins. It is only logical to go to basins to find oil. You lot are so ignorant in this

amazing how u used the sentence " your postulations has little or no academic content and still said its logical to go to basins to find oil.
for someone who claims not to b ignorant should knw the logical thin is not finding oil but what commercial quantities can be explored.

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by bobochem: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2016
oil in north.For aw long are dey going to continue wasting our money on unrealistic project.Is this an act of dumbness or wat?

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Ugosample(m): 8:40am On Jul 26, 2016
kidman96:
.... soon the north will be the ones clamoring to break away.

LMAO......
Break away because of the small oil they would find there?

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by awayeyebundle: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2016
I think PMB is not concerned abt oil while is he now concerned abt oil in that stupid desert land......try to developed the shit place

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Luvties(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2016
lordyugo:

they will continue bombing nd blowing up pipelines as long as u keep "bombing " nd "blowing " up the english language.

Continue because you are one of them.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by chukxie(m): 8:57am On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

So pleased to meet the first rational mind on this topic

There are so many rational minded people here just that a few of them have allowed their thinking to be taken over by irrationality owning to their allegiance to certain politicians, political party or ethnic region.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2016
xcolanto:

First thing that caught my attention I tell you!

NNDC= northern Nigerian development commission.

Also read of a proposed one yesterday named:

NEDC: north east development commission.

And yet people wonder why Buhari is accused of running a northern agenda??

undecided

And I can bet that, beyond the names you don't know zilch about the purposes the two development commision are the serve. Ignorance fuelled by crass bigotry is not only terrible, it terribly reduces comprehension capability
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2016
Okundaye4:
Oga Presido, this is how to diversify the economy, and not moving oil exploration from ND to chad basin.

That is how to diversify the economy? If so, the economy needs no further diversification, as any idiot can stand beside bags of rice and say I have diversified the economy.

Next time, try something sounder
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2016
mesoprogress:
I have worked in oil field for 8+ years, a Petroleum geologist. I haven't worked in Chad basin but have spoken with professional colleagues, and seen the basin data myself. Seismic data suggest presence of hydrocarbon, actual exploration wells show presence of oil wet sands. Field architecture show possible oil migration to Chad republic side. Chad is already producing this oil and selling. There is possibility of finally getting extractable oil. Question is - what quantity, is it worth it? Is this purely a political move? To be frank with you, it's easier to get hydrocarbon in southern States - East, West, Niger delta than this misplaced priority. It's a waste

1. I have been in the industry for double the years you posted up there; just you know you're not talking to no novice.
2. Pls, do cut the chase on the bold and show me the certified report with which you came to this assertion
3. See some exerpts on - Exploration in the days of Diezani

"Mrs. Alison Madueke as saying that "Though it is too early to be categorical, there is a possibility that we may find oil in commercial quantity in the Chad Basin because of the discoveries of commercial hydrocarbon deposits in neighboring countries of Chad, Niger and Sudan which have similar structural settings with the Chad Basin. Therefore it is prudent to aggressively explore the Chad Basin for possible hydrocarbon deposits, ’’ the Minister stated." http://nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/36/NNPC-Intensifies-Exploration-Activities-in-Chad-BasinTo-Acquire-33-550-sq-km-of-3-D-seismic-data-for-processingAs-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-calls-for-strengthening-of-Efforts.aspx

4. Now compare to Days of Kachikwu

“There are signs from the latest 3D seismic studies that oil may well be very close to being found now in Lake Chad after very many years of trials,” added group managing director Ibe Kachikwu.

Kachikwu, appointed in August to overhaul the state-run group, described the potential find as “very key” and indicated it would help access to crude in northern Nigeria.

“I am optimistic that by the end of the year we should be able to announce something major on this,” he was quoted as saying in an emailed statement on Sunday evening. http://guardian.ng/news/significant-oil-find-possible-in-lake-chad-basin-nigeria/

Summary
1. The exploration work is ungoing. The 3D had not been concluded. We may even decide to further do a 4D/5D Pseudo-Seismic studies to explore deeper sections to further confirm the findings
2. The exploration in the Chad-Basin at this stage is to establish reserves in commercial quantity. Shell has already made some discovery in the area......If NNPC makes further discovery, this can only logically lead to increased exploration by IOCs....then to final development.......what is the harm in this?
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2016
lordyugo:

amazing how u used the sentence " your postulations has little or no academic content and still said its logical to go to basins to find oil.
for someone who claims not to b ignorant should knw the logical thin is not finding oil but what commercial quantities can be explored.

Oh! What a classic reasoning!!!! You mean PMB will direct NNPC to explore for non-commercial quantity of Oil? Haba fear God with your purposeful twisted reasoning!!!!!

But sha, check my post up there and see some information I put.

My submission to you is that it is better to humbly learn when it comes to some things you know virtually nothing about
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 9:52am On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

Oh! What a classic reasoning!!!! You mean PMB will direct NNPC to explore for non-commercial quantity of Oil? Haba fear God with your purposeful twisted reasoning!!!!!

But sha, check my post up there and see some information I put.

My submission to you is that it is better to humbly learn when it comes to some things you know virtually nothing about

am hoping u wr standing in the mirror nd pointing at urself wen u wrote this.

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2016
DRCIC:
Lagos State has more hydrocarbon deposits than d entire north, but President Buhari will NEVER direct NNPC to intensify oil exploration there, where it can be explored in commercial quantity.

By the time this man is done dealing with this country, we Wil be 20years backward, a new terminology worse than third world country will be coined for Nigeria, but God in his infinite mercy will show Nigeria mercy as he did during d era of Abacha his brother

@DRCIC

1. Ok, you're beginning to sound totally ignorant
2. It is already been established that there is oil off-shore Lagos, what further exploration do you want NNPC to do? The next step is "commercial exploration & Production", where IOCs will bear the risk with profits. In fact the Oil blocks covering that areas has already been delieneated. That of Chad Basins is to open it up to investors (IOCs)
3. Have you people ever wondered that the government will still recoup their investment on the exploration costs when IOCs come in?
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by omnino25(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2016
Dullards you forgot he's the president and also the minister for petroleum resources undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alhaji Jibril Wali Is Dead And Buried (Photos) / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / No Yoruba Who Is Freely Born Should Vote For 'shallow-minded' Buhari - Shi'ites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.