Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning (27030 Views)

​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North / Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2016
focus7:
One major problem the igbos has is leadership, Okorocha is among the few ideal leaders the igbos has but as Jesus said a prophet is not honored in his own house.

Bro is "have" and not "has".
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by KangaIye: 7:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Please You Guys Should Free Rochas Na grin
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by chrisBenSunny: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2016
I thought by now Rochas would have realized his mistakes.. Little did I know that he is still fooling him self.. Hmmm!!!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Harwoyeez(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2016
This can't work for now in the present Nigeria. Zoning should not be jettissioned for now

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Davvymavvy(f): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2016
On this one, Okorocha is on his own. Those hailing him need to put on their thinking caps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by ghostmist: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2016
sometimes I wonder how it is that one starts singing a different song when he/she joins APC.

the problems of Nigeria emanates from the structural inequities and injustice that is rife in every sector and at all levels. These are the root causes of corruption and a whole lot of other vices that have become our national undoing.

For the records, the egalitarian Igbos do not give two hoots in hades about who becomes president, but we care a whole lot about "JUSTICE", structural justice to boot and fairness in all affairs of state.

It's strange how when it is the Igbos who are getting the short end of the stick everyone turns philosopher and overnight moralist and questions about the ethnicity of the public office holder becomes trivial and petty. But when the individual is Igbo, every other ethnicity starts clamouring for "federal character " and cries of marginalization and domination becomes the order of the day.

Despite the fact that GEJ appointed several Yorubas in his administration, they still complained of marginalization. That was why the overwhelmingly threw their support behind Buhari.

Now that buhari has appointed fewer Yorubas into his administration, they seem to have lost their voice and all of a sudden, no longer care about the ethnicity of the appointee.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by LydayBobo(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Ibo people are industrious and to me they're the only tribe that I can confidently say have the capability to stir the economy of this country quickly in the right direction Am a Yoruba boy who have traveled far and wide of the country. The only state have never visited is Benin Kebbi so am speaking from experience and of first hand information. However their problem is that they don't trust themselves to speak with one voice. The moment they speak with one voice present a candidate in fact count me in.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by AfroKnight: 7:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Exactly. Zoning is wrong. It should be about individuals not tribes. We could lose out on a great leader just because his zone is not next in line. Similarly, some great minds could not make the list of ministers because of this "federal character" style of choosing ministers. We should pick leaders based on their qualities rather than their zones.

I don't support the 3 working days proposal though. A reduction in working hours would serve just fine. After office hours, the workers can go and hustle for the afternoon/evening.

Rochas remains one of the great leaders in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Bosc(m): 7:55am On Jul 30, 2016
Between our current president & his vice who is more qualified for that position? Is this man saying that we can't get people who posses all the qualities he mentioned in all the geo-political zones? This is a slave mentality & Igbos are not none to have this type of iq.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by lordkhalifa(m): 7:57am On Jul 30, 2016
gbam...... okorohausa has spoken
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by holysina(m): 7:59am On Jul 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
This Okorocha is a very intelligent man.

The Presidency should not be by Zoning. Everybody should be allowed to contest,and let the Nigerian electorate decides on who is best for them.
P
Too much intelligence this Rochas guy.

You are Wright my brother but a country like ours where the electorates votes based on where you come from and not what you can offer, don't you think some section of the country will feel they can never get they unless through zoning. Just like the case of quota system if every thing was based on competence don't you think some people in high ranking office today were suppose to be gate men. I wish Nigeria greatness and equality. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by GeneviveHuby: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2016
Except I have a little bit comprehension problem here. To me the title sought more of trouble thread than to pass information. Look at what Okoro said: “power given to nonentities is a power wasted. We want to have an Igbo President that knows what it takes”.
In my own view not Igbo president like Zik, Buhari or Okorocha, Amechi and the likes. Infact ****
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by GoodofNaija: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
rochas is a very foolish olodo..anyone who thinks like this in this present Nigeria is either an outright olodo or has lost touch with reality...

So this mumu man thinks Nigerians would vote for candidates who are very qualified and yet we've never had presidents from the south east, the middle belt and not until recently the Niger delta (simply because the Niger delta had to be a force to be reckoned with)...

It was this same childish naive attitude that gej possessed about Nigeria that led him to where he is even after giving the north everything...

Rochas is a fool..so in his senses it was buharis qualifications that took him up there as president... angry

This guy is such a joke...let me not talk too much and get provoked...

In your own mind now, you think you have spoken wisely undecided

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by vicobosi: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2016
ephi123:
On the issue of school fees, Okorocha announced that government was reconsidering the introduction of School fees in the state in order to raise money to pay salaries of civil servants.

Did anyone read this? So civil servants who have not been paid now have to raise school fees. Smh

I thought no one saw that. Where are they supposed to see the money to pay the school fees if they're not being paid salary... He's just dumb... He think it's by reducing the amount of working days, he's just going to be encouraging idleness...konkobility Okoroinsi
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2016
GoodofNaija:

In your own mind now, you think you have spoken wisely undecided
please counter it...watch and see how a northerner even if buhari steps down would tell you hey are he ones to rule..and after that a south westerner and back...This country is messed up..

When have we ever voted for the abilities of a candidate in this backward country...abeg make we hear word...rochas na fool....

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by AreaFada2: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Harwoyeez:
This can't work for now in the present Nigeria. Zoning should not be jettissioned for now

Yep. He has a good point. But How many share his idealism and notion of meritocracy?

Are there not millions from all over Nigeria better qualified than leaders from Balewa to Buhari? Did they get there on merit?

Zik was a bigger dreamer, idealist and patriot than Okorocha can ever hope to be in 100 lifetimes, but we all know how it all ended with Zik. His was a lone voice in the wilderness.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2016
This man is not igbo

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Alwaystruth: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2016
You will see how those leeches from S/waste will flood this thread like is the only trade in this
forum after their tribe have benefited from Zoning formula and this idiotic efulefu saboteur called Okoroawusa
talking against zoning. I am ashamed of this Igbo vulture in Imo state government house.When we sensible Imolites told
him that free education is not sustainable he never listened to voice of reasoning ...Now he is learning in the bitter way.
Ewuawusa

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by galadima77(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2016
seunmsg:
Okorocha's idea can only work in an ideal situation. Nigeria is not yet an ideal Nation and the fear of domination of other tribes by the majority tribe is still very rife. Zoning and balancing of national offices (including the presidency) is still very desirable in the country so, we cannot completely discard it. What we should all insist on is that only competent, sincere and patriotic people should be put forward by each zones.

a very objective input from the angle of reality...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2016
LydayBobo:
Ibo people are industrious and to me they're the only tribe that I can confidently say have the capability to stir the economy of this country quickly in the right direction Am a Yoruba boy who have traveled far and wide of the country. The only state have never visited is Benin Kebbi so am speaking from experience and of first hand information. However their problem is that they don't trust themselves to speak with one voice. The moment they speak with one voice present a candidate in fact count me in.

Yoruba boy. Location Enugu. Keep lying, we're listening.

How are the Ibos affecting this current economy?

Don't confuse industrious with trading.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Ratebuster(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2016
He knows if he emerges a presidential candidate in the future tru zoning that his zone will never support him because of his backbiting tendencies. Hence he is calling on his masters the northern Islamic cabal to brainwash their zombies and gullible Afonjas in South West to believe that okorocha is next messiah but I trust northerners they will desert him at that point where he needs them because they don't have a party ,they can renege any time.
My candid advice to okorocha is if he wants to be the president of federal republic of Nigeria there is only one way to get it he will have to die then re -incarnate in the north if it is possible that is the only way you can convince them that you are not igbo and you will earn their trust and support.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
Hahahaha grin

Slave
Coward
Akobata Hausa

Ipods, help me with more names jor.

When you need a good laugh in this country, just look at the ibo people.

They claim to have developed Lagos, Abuja and Indonesia, but the SE looks like the ghetto side of Borno state.

They want Biafra, but their leaders want more appointment in Nigeria's FG.

They hate Yorubas, but they can't stop moving to Yorubaland to live amongst Yorubas, learn Yoruba language and assimilate into Yoruba culture. Their music artist would rather sing in Yoruba.

I've never seen such confused set of people. Even more confused than boko harams who terrorize to get their 72 virgins in hell, but have condoms scattered all over their hideouts.

I wonder how what Okorocha suggested will hold water when we have people like this fellow I quoted among us.

Hatred and jealousy have taken hold of you. Be careful before they consume
you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by isnovic(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2016
Truly humans live, die and repeat.

The same scenario is playing out again with the South East.

It is their turn now to produce a Nigerian President and a son of perdition was conscripted to speak in Hausa tongue, prepare ye the way of the North in 2019.
But unlike the Biblical John the Baptist, he does not sing or shout of righteousness but for the promise made to him and the hope of a vice president which will serve as an appeasement of the Northern King makers for him in 2023..

Like John the Baptist, this forerunner should remember that when the SE & SS are asked to dance, their price will be the political dynasty and head of Rochas.

lol...even me go spiritual.

If you can not find suitable qualified persons of SE extraction that can match toe for toe, qualification for qualification, achievement for achievement, integrity for integrity to any anointed candidates from Northern or Western extraction then you can simply confirm the marginalization of the zone and the systematic firewalling of people from these zones from main stream power equation.

Solution: Conduct a referendum for the two zones to decide whether they would like to stay or leave.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Handsomecole(m): 8:13am On Jul 30, 2016
"He was of the opinion that whoever wants to be president of Nigeria should have what it takes irrespective of where the person comes from.

“The idea of Igbo Presidency should be jettisoned. Let the one who has the resources go for it. Let us stop the idea of zoning the presidency. You might have an Igbo Presidency and then you will end up getting nothing.

“It is better to look for a man with a mission, vision, strength and intelligent as well as the resources and not where the person comes from. Political power should not be shared on the basis of where you come from, but on what you have upstairs”, he stated."

Words from an intelligent and astute leader. I keep telling my fellow Igbos in an ideal society waiting or demanding that powers be given to you is a waste. Let me also state that Nigerians do not want Igbo Presidency. But rather "An Igbo Man who will become a Nigerian President". Igbos should stop demanding for Presidency, they should work for it, get themselves united , have a common front and ideology then Nigerians will support them.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Otapipia: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2016
Badgers14:
Okorocha have always been a hypocrite since 1847 angry angry
When was he born?
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2016
VivaDeAngelo:

I wonder how what Okorocha suggested will hold water when we have people like this fellow I quoted among us.

Hatred and jealousy have taken hold of you. Be careful before it consumes you.

Lol from the same bitter and envious Ibos that go on Yoruba progress threads to display their inferiority complex. Same Osus that rejoice when Yorubaland is under attack.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by InvertedHammer: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2016
/
Okorocha's position is very laudable...only in utopia.

But Nigeria is a fantasy land.

In a perfect world of Okorocha's vision, Buhari would not have given out all the very important security and NNPC positions to his Northern brothers.

I am not surprised. It is when things could benefit Igbo people that words like equity, fairness come into the Nigerian political lexicon regrettably championed by one Igbo politician with tacit support of phantom progressives.

Therefore, I can confidently albeit respectfully say that Okorocha is a mo.ron.
\

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2016
Okorocha has no point.Nigeria can't even successfully transit power without it's drama and all.We just aren't prepared for that. He shouldn't forget Nigerians are deeply tribalistic people. When Jonathan was doing poo, the southerners praised him to the high heavens, now buhari being pain in the a** , the northerners see him as our saviour. We..all the tribes are yet to fully understand the true meaning of nationhood, and it breaks my heart.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2016
isnovic:
Truly humans live, die and repeat.

The same scenario is playing out again with the South East.

It is their turn now to produce a Nigerian President and a son of perdition was conscripted to speak in Hausa tongue, prepare ye the way of the North in 2019.
But unlike the Biblical John the Baptist, he does not sing or shout of righteousness but for the promise made to him and the hope of a vice president which will serve as an appeasement of the Northern King makers for him in 2023..

Like John the Baptist, this forerunner should remember that when the SE & SS are asked to dance, their price will be the political dynasty and head of Rochas.

lol...even me go spiritual.

If you can not find a suitable qualified persons of SE extraction that can match toe for toe, qualification for qualification, achievement for achievement, integrity for integrity to any anointed candidates from Northern or Southern extraction then you can simply confirm the marginalization of the zone and the systematic firewalling of people from these zones from main stream power equation.

Solution: Conduct a referendum for the two zones to decide whether they would like to stay or leave.

SE should learn to stand on its own. Are you SS's abobaku?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by ojtech8291: 8:19am On Jul 30, 2016
Good one but not in Nigeria my country. It is only applicable in developed country like USA. There are better people within the minorities but the issue tribalism or sectionalism is the major factor hindering their interest.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by depezee(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2016
iluvtotodie:
una want make dem begin use presidential plane peddle drugs ni......... Kolewerk

His Brothers will so roast this man. They are too sentimental when it comes to ethnicity.

If they are sentimental on ethnicity then what are you?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Jaideyone(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
then let them go....
lol who is holding you down? buhari doesn't have the power to wake up one morning and divide Nigeria like a piece of paper. tell your senators and reps to move the motion and ganer support of the middle belt, south south and south west. be diplomatic!!! force won't get you Biafra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / Protesters Stall Osinbajo's Meeting In Edo With Stakeholders / Atiku Abubakar Dances To Small Doctor's 'Penalty' At Son's Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.