Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning (27031 Views)

​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North / Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Ijaya123: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
then let them go....

What is stopping them?
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Jaideyone:
lol who is holding you down? buhari doesn't have the power to wake up one morning and divide Nigeria like a piece of paper. tell your senators and reps to move the motion and ganer support of the middle belt, south south and south west. be diplomatic!!! force won't get you Biafra.

Ibo learders are cowards and too weak to set such motion.

They always want Yorubas to speak out for them.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:24am On Jul 30, 2016
AmuDimkpa:

This man has destroyed Imo state. 3 days of work for civil service? Truly , this man is raving mad... I pity Imo people, he can't pay salaries , he is telling them to go fend for themselves and leave him alone... Ezi ohia ..

Lmao!!! Yet you're hopping on Ogun threads like a fanyogo street hawker with nothing to sell.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by ghostmist: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2016
LydayBobo:
Ibo people are industrious and to me they're the only tribe that I can confidently say have the capability to stir the economy of this country quickly in the right direction Am a Yoruba boy who have traveled far and wide of the country. The only state have never visited is Benin Kebbi so am speaking from experience and of first hand information. However their problem is that they don't trust themselves to speak with one voice. The moment they speak with one voice present a candidate in fact count me in.
Tell me which ethnic group speaks with "one voice " ?

I Vividly recall how your tribesmen refused to back obasanjo during his first tenure. I take it that you guys were "speaking with one voice " despite the fact that he still emerged the president?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 30, 2016
Handsomecole:
"He was of the opinion that whoever wants to be president of Nigeria should have what it takes irrespective of where the person comes from.

“The idea of Igbo Presidency should be jettisoned. Let the one who has the resources go for it. Let us stop the idea of zoning the presidency. You might have an Igbo Presidency and then you will end up getting nothing.

“It is better to look for a man with a mission, vision, strength and intelligent as well as the resources and not where the person comes from. Political power should not be shared on the basis of where you come from, but on what you have upstairs”, he stated."

Words from an intelligent and astute leader. I keep telling my fellow Igbos in an ideal society waiting or demanding that powers be given to you is a waste. Let me also state that Nigerians do not want Igbo Presidency. But rather "An Igbo Man who will become a Nigerian President". Igbos should stop demanding for Presidency, they should work for it, get themselves united , have a common front and ideology then Nigerians will support them.

Well spoken bro.

..... And also get over the hatred they have for other major tribes
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Jaideyone(m): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Ibo learders are cowards and too weak to set such motion.

They always want Yorubas to speak out for them.
it's funny how they want cowards to give them freedom grin
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by hohafrank(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2016
President given to nonentity is power wasted.This is exactly what we are experiencing with Buhari who is directionless.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Ijaya123:

What is stopping them?
Nigeria is stopping them
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2016
Jaideyone:
lol who is holding you down? buhari doesn't have the power to wake up one morning and divide Nigeria like a piece of paper. tell your senators and reps to move the motion and ganer support of the middle belt, south south and south west. be diplomatic!!! force won't get you Biafra.
force is what the government of nigeria knows....haven't you studied the trends in this country...who pays attention to you when one comes out all diplomatic......who...
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:34am On Jul 30, 2016
Jaideyone:
it's funny how they want cowards to give them freedom grin

They're confused set of people. cheesy Everything about Ibos is a paradox.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by MorningLight(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2016
with the way the igbos are against the unity of Nigeria, I don't see the presidency being zoned to the SE
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
force is what the government of nigeria knows....haven't you studied the trends in this country...who pays attention to you when one comes out all diplomatic......who...

Then forcefully get out nau. Try it again. Since you "control" Nigeria's economy, we won't be able to do anything.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by GoodofNaija: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
please counter it...watch and see how a northerner even if buhari steps down would tell you hey are he ones to rule..and after that a south westerner and back...This country is messed up..

When have we ever voted for the abilities of a candidate in this backward country...abeg make we hear word...rochas na fool....

Good you asked for my opinion. Okorocha has made very good points, though I think nigeria is not yet ripe for outright selection based on merit alone. At some points we may get to that level.

However, it will be unfair of you to see d whole of north as one and see south in different divisions of se, sw,ss. You should see d whole of south as one too. So at any given election time, when its time for d south, d south can come up with a candidate based on merit. Also at another time, the north will come out with its candidate based on merit. I believe this way, we can get to the level gov rochas is talking about. Thanks.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Lol from the same bitter and envious Ibos that go on Yoruba progress threads to display their inferiority complex. Same Osus that rejoice when Yorubaland is under attack.

I see you are an embittered young man, try Jesus,He indeed gives joy. Taking your frustrations out on the Igbos won't make you feel any better.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2016
VivaDeAngelo:

I see you are an embittered young man, try Jesus,He indeed gives joy. Taking your frustrations out on the Igbos won't make you feel any better.

Lol Ibos are already frustrated with themselves. Fake vs Osu Ibos. Anambra vs Imo Ibos.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by braine(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
This Okorocha is a very intelligent man.

The Presidency should not be by Zoning. Everybody should be allowed to contest,and let the Nigerian electorate decides on who is best for them.

Too much intelligence this Rochas guy.

I totally agree.Everyone should be given equal chances at all times. I think it will reduce the feeling of being neglected as being felt by some people.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by harsysky(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2016
I think nairaland should have a section where everything is allowed. Breaking of rules, using abusive words and all what not. When you look at people who are sentimentally left alone when they frame insulting statements in form of text, you can't but wonder why the ban is even used on Nairaland.

I'm not saying ban isn't a good thing, all I'm saying is it is not metted out fully to culprits. So, I believe having a "freestyle section" will help the IBOS, YELLOBAS and AWUSAS settle their differences with no hold bars.
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by TheNewIbadan: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2016
GoodofNaija:

Good you asked for my opinion. Okorocha has made very good points, though I think nigeria is not yet ripe for outright selection based on merit alone. At some points we may get to that level.

However, it will be unfair of you to see d whole of north as one and see south in different divisions of se, sw,ss. You should see d whole of south as one too. So at any given election time, when its time for d south, d south can come up with a candidate based on merit. Also at another time, the north will come out with its candidate based on merit. I believe this way, we can get to the level gov rochas is talking about. Thanks.

Water on a lily pad.

Yorubas see Ibos as 5th class citizens. As the largest majority tribe in the South, well politically take over.

If the South is fine with that, then all is well.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Mintek: 8:48am On Jul 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

The Presidency should not be by Zoning. Everybody should be allowed to contest,and let the Nigerian electorate decides on who is best for them.

On what basis was Buhari picked? Competence?

...and were you hypocrites not part of the "power-to-the-north" bandwagon?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by keletex2000(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Indirect self advertisement.
I understand him,perfectly.... No be Rochas again.?
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Mintek: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2016
midolian:
Waiting for them as they come with sticks and stones to attack the wise Rochas

Ayam sure they won't disappoint. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4038203_ballz_jpeg405775aec84090e5fef6ce72a4181143

HungerBAD:

On what basis was Buhari picked? Competence?

...and were you hypocrites not part of the "power-to-the-north" bandwagon?
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2016
GoodofNaija:

rochas is saying all that bull crap to continue in his northern azz licking...

I hope you know so many northerners are already lining up to rule this same country even after all the accumulated years of rulership of Nigeria. .The only way naija can get to the point rochas is dreaming about is when all regions think the samended. ..can a northerner sat the samended aso rochas...let the apc field a middle belt candidate for the next elections and let's see...or better still a Niger deltan or easterner. ...

The moment you come to the realisation of marginalisation of many regions in this country the better. ...rochas is just a foolish dreamer and a scam...
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 8:54am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Then forcefully get out nau. Try it again. Since you "control" Nigeria's economy, we won't be able to do anything.
thank you..The day our leaders start listening is the day agitations would be carried out peacefully...
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Ijaya123: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
Nigeria is stopping them

From going back to Israel?
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Nicur: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2016
He also said he had concluded plans to reduce working days in the week for civil servants to three as against the present five working days so they could use the free days to look for alternative sources of income to augment what the government pays as salary.!!! is Rochas going mad or out of ideas??
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2016
Ijaya123:

From going back to Israel?
from staying on their own...I told a yoruba guy at my work place to face reality...I told him that if an ibo man can't become Nigeria's president till forever then let Nigeria allow them leave...that's the height of marginalisation...
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by khadaffi(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
rochas is a very foolish olodo..anyone who thinks like this in this present Nigeria is either an outright olodo or has lost touch with reality...

So this mumu man thinks Nigerians would vote for candidates who are very qualified and yet we've never had presidents from the south east, the middle belt and not until recently the Niger delta (simply because the Niger delta had to be a force to be reckoned with)...

It was this same childish naive attitude that gej possessed about Nigeria that led him to where he is even after giving the north everything...

Rochas is a fool..so in his senses it was buharis qualifications that took him up there as president... angry

This guy is such a joke...let me not talk too much and get provoked...

You have said it all, I have nothing else to say.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by gartamanta: 9:06am On Jul 30, 2016
viver1:
Never knew dis man was a clown.

Of course Okoroawusa is a clown. Who does Okorohausa think he is going to impress with an Igbo APC deputy senate president? Igbos have held all the high offices in Nigeria at one time or the other, so who cares about deputy senate leader? Okorocha remains a nonentity in Igbo land

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Jaideyone(m): 9:07am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
the force has failed so far
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by Izonpikin: 9:08am On Jul 30, 2016
Jaideyone:
the force has failed so far
force has done a lot...people can't remain caged forever you know...
Re: Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning by LydayBobo(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Yoruba boy. Location Enugu. Keep lying, we're listening.

How are the Ibos affecting this current economy?

Don't confuse industrious with trading.
SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / Protesters Stall Osinbajo's Meeting In Edo With Stakeholders / Atiku Abubakar Dances To Small Doctor's 'Penalty' At Son's Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.