Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' (5732 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / Kano PDP Primaries: Takia Wins As Abacha’s Son Withdraws / Breaking!!! Jonathan And Abacha's Son In A Close-Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Ben13: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2009
Let him try other countries, not Naija.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by posakosa(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2009
princekevo:

What kinda of human right are you talking abt, in what sophisticated society? I know this can only be possible in Nigeria where everthing goes, for all we do is sitdon dey look.

If i understand your point of view quite well then some day Osama bin laden's son [/b]might happen to be an  American citizen and can boldly contest and win governorship election in America or some day the world will nominate [b]Adolph Hitler's son for UN Secretary general coz their fundermental human rights need to be protected.

What human right does the children of criminals,tyrants, terrorist,and loothers deserve.The human right their father denied others?
Listen Other western country have their ways of silencing such families for life.For instance let your surname be Osama binladen and see if any western embassy will grant you visa, becoz the sins of the father should not visit the children as you claim.

Well said, Well said bro!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by posakosa(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2009
Ben-10:

Let him try other countries, not Naija.

Let him go to one of those Arab countries. cool
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by ichommy(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2009
lol make this no be like father like son  shocked
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by okeey(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2009
well,let him try is best
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 23, 2009
He has my vote, Nigerians cant do anything to stop him, since money is everything.

ABACHA for president!!!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by posakosa(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2009
^^^^^^^ undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by StEdwin(m): 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
Another Abacha?
Anyway, he may turn out to prove us wrong.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by kabola2009(m): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
sad cry
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by sayso: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2009
9ja abi you no wan make him papa money reach poor people.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Oluschenco(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2009
Everything will always happen here in Naija. Someone that is supposed to bury his head in shame with all sufferings his father has caused this country.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
Quote me:

Mohammed Abacha will be elected governor of Kano state in 2011.We are talking of Nigeria not some other democracy.

This is my prophesy.People only remember that of TB Joshua and other charlatans
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by MrCrackles(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2009
Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to do. . . .
Mohammed Abacha can suck a pit latrine dry or whatever
The Abacha clan have not always been good leaders or politicians and i am very skeptical Mohammed Abacha will reverse the trend going by his past
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Nezan(m): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
This is 9ja, everything is possible!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2009
As was written in the bilble, the sins of the father will always catch up with the sons. It was only in SODOM, GOMORRAH and now NIGERIA that that rule was broken. At this rate if CHRIST decides to come back, NIGERIA might miss it 'cause we seem not to have a clue about what is happening elsewhere in the world. A country where the ruling class is without SMAME, CONSCIENCE, OR REGRET is doomed.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by denony(m): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
NA THE SAME PEOPLE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(SNAKE MUST GIVE BIRTH TO A LONG THING ALSO)  grin  grin

My papa told me that  grin
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Ibime(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2009
It doesnt matter if people think he shouldn't be judged by the actions of his father.

The fact remains that this is a man who has been convicted and served 3 years in jail for embezzlement and no self-respecting country should allow anyone with a criminal record to run for public office.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
This guy and his father are two totally  different individuals.

Nigerians have a wrong mentality of "Like father like son", or "Like brother, like brother"

Every human being is unique in their own way,  Every human being is entitled to a choice of what religion, profession, sexuality,career  or anything else.        
Yes Sani Abacha is his biological father, we cant change that.     But he clearly doesnt condone any atrocities his father commited, Hence I really dont think we should condemn him.

@Ibime.

He has no criminal record.

He was charged for embezzlement and murder. Was wrongfully detained for three years, and then cleared of all charges by the supreme court.

Just because someone was in detention or arrested doesnt make him a criminal. That's totally wrong thinking.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by sandee575(f): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2009
INEC has enough legal backing to disqualify him but are they patriotic enough
to shun the millions of naira at stake?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
@sandee575

What legal backing?, Being the son of his tryrant father?

The man is a bonafide citizen of nigeria. And is very much well within his legal rights to contest.

He has no criminal record as he was cleared of all charges.

So what legal backing are you referring to?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
@german007   What in Gods name are you talking about? If a man whose family has a history of defrauding people comes to you for an investment opportunity, will you in all honesty do business with him? The reason why the sons pay for the sins of the father is that as a father you will think hard and deep b4 you take any action that will affect the lives of others. Because your son, no matter how innocent he is will be stimatized for your actions. Like i said, no shame. They should be hiding their heads in shame. The family is blamed for heinous acts and they want me to trust them? I was born at night but i was not born last night.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2009
it is a moral issue, not a legal issue
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Bidemi12

Which president of this country has never defrauded anyone?.  Whether military or civilian?

Im not clearly saying Mohammed is best for the governorship job.  All im saying he shouldnt be judged or condemned based on the sins of his father.

Put your self in his shoes. "Sorry to mention this" but If you father, partner or brother embezzles fund in an office , does that automatically make you a criminal?  No It doesnt.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2009
Like it or not that is the way the world is and as it should be. Are you married? if you are, why do you think the family of your wife wanted to see you and your entire family or at least the ones that counted? if any question mark is noticed then goodbye to the wedding plans or at least that was how mine was. Why do you think we try to protect family name as much as possible? people will not know you by your individuality but by your family. Abi things don change for Naija that much?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by posakosa(m): 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
Ibime:

It doesnt matter if people think he shouldn't be judged by the actions of his father.

The fact remains that this is a man who has been convicted and served 3 years in jail[b] for embezzlement [/b]and no self-respecting country should allow anyone with a criminal record to run for public office.

*******THREAD CLOSED***********
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by sandee575(f): 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
@german007
INEC has lawyers that can convince the courts to rule that he cant contest,
given the story so far.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by iniguy(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2009
german007:

Nigerians have a wrong mentality of "Like father like son", or "Like brother, like brother"

Every human being is unique in their own way,  Every human being is entitled to a choice of what religion, profession, sexuality,career  or anything else.        
Yes Sani Abacha is his biological father, we cant change that.     But he clearly doesnt condone any atrocities his father commited, Hence I really dont think we should condemn him.

@Ibime.

He has no criminal record.

He was charged for embezzlement and murder. Was wrongfully detained for three years, and then cleared of all charges by the supreme court.

Just because someone was in detention or arrested doesnt make him a criminal. That's totally wrong thinking.

You seem to know him too well, so is he a democrat?, what is his political philosophy?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by MUNEER2(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
Anyway, he may turn out to prove us wrong

And i was wandering when politics became a game of chance, it's a shame.

of course, he might be totally different from  his father, but it's just too obvious that non of his 'good' manners has shown that yet, he's not even meant to move near politics with a record like that of his.

sandee575:

INEC has enough legal backing to disqualify him but are they patriotic enough
to shun the millions of naira at stake?

Well, probably not.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by posakosa(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
iniguy:

You seem to know him too well, so is he a democrat?, what is his political philosophy?

How the heck is he a democrat, [b]ALL DEVILS IN NIGERIAN ARE OF PDP[/b]. No republican or democrat.

He doesn't done anything thus far to warrant anyone's vote.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by iniguy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2009
In civilized climes, this man would not even think of contesting for a ward election, talkless of a Gubernatorial election. For crying out loud, he has a criminal record!!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Gbawe: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
princekevo:

What kinda of human right are you talking abt, in what sophisticated society? I know this can only be possible in Nigeria where everthing goes, for all we do is sitdon dey look.

If i understand your point of view quite well then some day Osama bin laden's son might happen to be an  American citizen and can boldly contest and win governorship election in America or some day the world will nominate Adolph Hitler's son for UN Secretary general coz their fundermental human rights need to be protected.

What human right does the children of criminals,tyrants, terrorist,and loothers deserve.The human right their father denied others?
Listen Other western country have their ways of silencing such families for life.For instance let your surname be Osama binladen and see if any western embassy will grant you visa, becoz the sins of the father should not visit the children as you claim.

The kind that ensures a thief is taken to court and not burnt to death in the street by a mob who ,on actual reflection , are no better than those they wish to eradicate !!! Such arbitrariness soon becomes the norm and then it is only a question of time before it affects all of us and those we love. I pray no one you love ever suffers instant 'burning rubber' justice naija style especially if there is a chance they are innocent . How can some of you not understand that we Nigerians  , as some of the most maligned people on earth due to the behaviour of a few of us , must especially try to build an egalitarian nation? Next time other Africans are begging for Nigerians to be excluded from positions of trust I hope you will support their utterances since , according to your logic  , we must all pay the price for what some of our Nigerian fathers, brothers, sisters have done !!!

Even the most brutal of men can have children who are saints. Would it not be a blood-thirsty and jungle-justice nation that would insist those children , when they are not guilty of any crimes themselves, must not have the rights and aspirations of other citizens ?

If Mohammed Abacha , because he is not convicted of any crime , is not banned from seeking electoral office let him do so if that is his wish !! the people of Kano should decide his fate not me ,you or lynch mob justice.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by iniguy(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
posakosa:

How the heck is he a democrat,  [b]ALL DEVILS IN NIGERIAN ARE OF PDP[/b]. No republican or democrat.

He doesn't done anything thus far to warrant anyone's vote.

What i meant was, whether he has democratic views or he is authoritarian like his late father, and the answer is pretty obvious, He is an authoritarian elite!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria / Can GEJ Still Revive This Or Will GMB? (PIX) / Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Spotted Wearing (n17.6m) Patel Philippe Wrist Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.