Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' (5729 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / Kano PDP Primaries: Takia Wins As Abacha’s Son Withdraws / Breaking!!! Jonathan And Abacha's Son In A Close-Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2009
@iniguy

What criminal record?.  Do you have any detailed evidence?.  Can you be specific.

For your info.  The man was wrongfully detained for three years, which goes to show the degree of lawlessness in this country.

In other countries police can only legally detain you for 24hrs ,during which they have to decide to charge you or not (Except in the case of terrorist suspects, who can be held for up to 30days or more).

Mohammed was held for 3yrs, and the charges were dropped.

That doesnt give him a criminal record.

So tell me , if we both fight in a mall, and get arrested by the police for being public nuisances, get to the poilce station and then get a caution from the poilce.

Does that give us a criminal record?. No it doesnt.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ german007  In fact this topic de annoy me. Are you saying he has not benefitted from the loot stolen by his father. The man he is today can be attribitted to stolen funds. Unless you are saying his father did no wrong and no funds were looted. funds that were used to train his children. Even for here your life and family life must be squeaky clean or no show. One of the reasons McCain lost was because he picked a terrible vp choice whose underaged daughter got pregnant. I still insist, it is a moral issue
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
@GBAWE.

Thank you, well said.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
@bidemi12

And what happened to Omar Bin Laden? OSAMA BIN LADEN'S SON. Is he being condemned in europe , middle east and the rest of the world?.

NO he isnt, He is being treated uniquely from this father "The worlds most wanted man" OSAMA BIN LADEN. He is only being refused asylum in different countries, Simply "for fear of public safety" Which is a legal reason , not because he is a terrorist or murderer like his father.

WHY MUST IT BE NIGERIANs TO GENERALISE AND STIGMATISE SOMEONE SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE SINS OF HIS FATHER.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2009
@german007 That point does not hold water. Nobody is denying his right to existence but when you strive for a political position which could ultimately affect me, my guy i want to know your history, your associates and your family history. Look at what happened recently. The ambassador appointed by Nigeria to the US was rejected by America because the man's son has a criminal record. The ambassador never committed a crime but he was held accountable for the actions of his son. The world is moving on, we better upgrade our social and moral syllabus.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by sandee575(f): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2009
But one can imagine that the people of Kano state, Abacha's state, still see father and son as their own and who
have done no wrong before their eyes. A good number of them are prodding Mohammed to contest for governorship
not because of his leadership qualities but in anticipation of the opportunity that will afford them to share out of the LOOT.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by princekevo(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2009
MUNEER2:

Anyway, he may turn out to prove us wrong

And i was wandering when politics became a game of chance, it's a shame.

Nigerians have a wrong mentality of "Like father like son", or "Like brother, like brother"
This guy and his father are two totally  different individuals.

of course, he might be totally different from  his father, but it's just too obvious that non of his 'good' manners has shown that yet, he's not even meant to move near politics with a record like that of his.

Well, probably not.

Even if he is an angel such people are not supposed smell anything near to political post,
What happens to what they call Legacy? The legacy of a father surely lives with the children,
By the way from where did he creat his wealth? From the fathers looths and influence, now he thinks he has enough to buy the whole kano into voting him in as their governor, What a mentality?
If your father is a good man you better advice him to keep it up, and if he is bad man jst advice him to quit from that as you will directly or indirectly reap whatever seed he sows. Sorry this is not insult but an advice that will benfit you,
Like i said b4 even the 10th generations of Osama will never smell any western country's visa unless they faked their identity even they are angels in human form, The legacy of the father always leave with the children and children children
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ bidemi12.

With all due respect, I fully acknowledge your point.  

My point is that the so called politicans and rulers of this country are condemning Mohammed abacha, They who call themselves saints what have they done to improve this country?.Nothing

But at the end of the day our goverment instead of wasting their energy reacting, they should instead focus on rebranding themselves and fixing this country.  How can we call our selves Giant of Africa and some of us dont even have one full day of electricity a week, even our national airports experience power cuts  and we have brown water coming out of our taps, and have a high percentage of unemployed graduates?. Hnd holders selling electronics in markets.

Instead the nation's money is being embezzled by greedy politicians and goverment officials with their potbellies growing bigger, bellies touching the steering wheel when they drive, with houses all over the world, foreign accounts, goin out in entourage of 5 cars. you name it.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ german007 we agree to disagree. with that point i agree. But why u use HND graduteS as example, i was/am an HND GRADUATE. TAKE TIME OOOO grin
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2009
lol. Bros , No vex. Apologies.

Tk care.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by sandee575(f): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2009
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics'
« #68 on: Today at 02:22:25 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@german007 That point does not hold water. Nobody is denying his right to existence but when you strive for a political position which could ultimately affect me, my guy i want to know your history, your associates and your family history. Look at what happened recently. The ambassador appointed by Nigeria to the US was rejected by America because the man's son has a criminal record. The ambassador never committed a crime but he was held accountable for the actions of his son. The world is moving on, we better upgrade our social and moral syllabus.

Public office aspirants are subject to background scrutiny. He couldnt have a worse family-tie background.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by akym(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2009
What ever.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Gbawe: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2009
princekevo:

Even if he is an angel such people are not supposed smell anything near to political post,

Many folks will argue , equally fervently , that Nigerians must not be employed in Banks and financial institutions because we are all scammers and fraudsters. How would you feel if , as a hardworking and honest Nigerian , you are denied your dream job by a South African recruiter who is convinced you are only interested in abusing your position?

Mohammed Abacha , apart from his questionable wealth, is the son of a bloodthirsty tyrant . Personally, I don't think he has anything to offer politically . I think he is another mediocre individual promoted far above his station because of IGG (ill-gotten wealth) and I don't have time for such folks. I also have serious misgivings about his character and ethics but in a democracy my opinions , however strong, should not be used to deny others what our constitution permits them to do as Citizens of Nigeria. If Mohammed Abacha qualifies to take part in any election then it should be the political maturity of the Kano voting class that must stop his ambition and not the baser instincts of man which , unchecked , always invariably leads to the injustice we all complain about and are victims of.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by dupsytosh(f): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
[/quote][quote author=german007 link=topic=327116.msg4596786#msg4596786 date=1253711194]
Whst criminal record?.  Do you have any detailed evidence?.  Can you be specific.

For yor info.  Thed man was wrongfully detained for three years, which goes to show the degree of lawlessness in this country.

In other countries police can only legally detain you for 24hrs ,during which they have to decide to charge you or not (Except in the case of terrorist suspects, who can be held for up to 30days or more).

So tell me , if we both fight in a mall, and get arrested by the police for being public nuisances, get to the poilce station and then get a caution from the poilce.

wrongfully detained my foot!! is there ever smoke without fire. y dint dey pick u nd 'wrongfully' accuse u of embezzlement nd murder. no be naija we dey.

It's only in Nigeria u'll see sm1 wit such criminal record av d gut/confidence 2 come out 4 a political post. nd am sure he'll definitely win, either d ppl of kano likes it or nt. d power 2 elect is no longer with d masses. d best we can do is wat we r all doing now - debatn amongst ourselves. after all is said nd done wat dey want 2 be will be.  undecided

abeg na dem sabi!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bidemi12(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
Once again i have to repeat. It is a moral issue, not a legal one. And as a moral issue if he is allowed to contest we as the electorate must vote him out. But here lies the problem, WE DO NOT LIVE IN A POLITICALY/MORALY CORRECT SOCIETY IN NIGERIA. It can be a sure bet that when he is allowed to contest he will win and after some years when alarm don blow we go come back here to argue the merits and demerits of even allowing him to contest.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by richcookie(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
Does it really matter? When the current occupants continue the same corruption tactics. Well, I got news for my fellow Nigerians: Have patience, for the winds of justice will soon sweep all the looters into the dust bin of history. Our so called leaders forget that death is the greatest equalizer. You cannot take the money with you, neither will your kids. Let him run and run, but He will  eventually follow his father to the dustbin of history.
  My fellow Nigerians, Uplift your spirits in spite of all the hardships, for better days are coming, better days are coming. Slavery lasted over 200 yrs and was swept aside by bright lights; Hitler lasted about a decade and was defeated by bright lights. In all honesty, the ignorant, malfeasant, blood suckers called our leaders will eventually be defeated by bright lights. If in doubt, check your history and you will know that "GOOD ALWAYS DEFEATS EVIL" for it is the law of nature.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by fayahsoul: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2009
In a society under divine law, the likes of abacha would have had his wealth stripped to the last dime and he, and his family, either bannished for life or annihilated of the face of the earth for commiting abormination(nso ani). Nigeria is an abormination unto itself and the wrath of the most high is upon it.

Now having said that, i want to let those of u who worship western models and standards to  know that they are the pioneers of most vile activities we have today in nigeria and afuraka. U really think their leaders come from noble homes? buhahaha i laugh in punjabi grin

Schwarzenegger's(governor of cali) father was a nazi. The nazi's founded the CIA and nasa. George bush's grand dad funded the nazi. dick cheney comes from a long line of fraudulent monopolists. the clintons are involved in the drug trade with the chinese triad. Most of the presidents(past and present) of the US are linked by blood and we know the history of america stinks to high heavens.  

The world is in the hands of the wicked!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by posakosa(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2009
Someone has unleashed a conspiracy theorists ?!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
@fayah soul.

Thanks soo much . Great point. Right on point
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by iniguy(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
german007:

@iniguy

Whst criminal record?.  Do you have any detailed evidence?.  Can you be specific.

For yor info.  Thed man was wrongfully detained for three years, which goes to show the degree of lawlessness in this country.

I get your point, but the family came to an agreement with the federal government in which they were to return the stolen funds while the federal govt stayed off the prosecution of Mohammed Abacha, that's why the charges were dropped.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by mustafar1: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
Fayahsoul, what is ur point? do u have proof to back up ur 'facts'?

PS:some oppose this ambition yet sat on the fence while we were discussing DapoLam's ambition of getting elected to house of rep.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by bisiaet: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2009
As a citizen of Nigeria he has the right to contest for any position but I think he should keep on with the low key game he has be playing since on so that he will not miss it and got himself in trouble as the pains in the mind of so many Nigerian about what his father has done is still very much alive and people might want to revenge on him so as my advise he should just stay out of politics and have his peace.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Gamine(f): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2009
Lol.

The guy wan retire, make him 'Enter politics'

the way they 'enter' politics, you go think say na pesin house

pesin they enter.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Allta(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2009
fayahsoul:

In a society under divine law, the likes of abacha would have had his wealth stripped to the last dime and he, and his family, either bannished for life or annihilated of the face of the earth for commiting abormination(nso ani). Nigeria is an abormination unto itself and the wrath of the most high is upon it.

Now having said that, i want to let those of u who worship western models and standards to  know that they are the pioneers of most vile activities we have today in nigeria and afuraka. U really think their leaders come from noble homes? buhahaha i laugh in punjabi grin

Schwarzenegger's(governor of cali) father was a nazi. The nazi's founded the CIA and nasa. George bush's grand dad funded the nazi. privates cheney comes from a long line of fraudulent monopolists. the clintons are involved in the drug trade with the chinese triad. Most of the presidents(past and present) of the US are linked by blood and we know the history of america stinks to high heavens.  

The world is in the hands of the wicked!

If Muhammad contest for Kano Governorship and wins, it wouldn't remove or add anything to me and my family. Actually, I can see it happening, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Having said that, for him to run for Nigerian President in the future is a different ball game entirely for me. I would like to know the source of his primary business where he got all those $Bleep millions from. He's always refused to itemised the source of those millions of dollars, but for you to be my president, someone the world identify me with, I would expect to at least know your source of primary income. For OBJ, we knew he was into farming, even if there are shaddy deals behind the scene. I don't trust any Politician in Naija jare, but I expect a standard at least.

BTW: If he didn't release the last $400m, he would still be in jail today anyways.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by sherrylo: 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2009
The god-fathers want him there!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by lawrence83: 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
Hmmmmmmm!

Another cycle is about to begin.

With a lot of chedas, to play around with he will surely win the election.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by mrperfect(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2009
He might do well, but is unlikely that Abacha Family will smell power again in Nigeria
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by CrudeOil2(m): 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2009
Mohammed Abacha is a good man, the sins of his father should not be wrongfully held against him. Individually, I think he has done nothing wrong and besides the people of Kano state like him alot.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by yeswecan(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
@topic

He is qualified to run so it is less for Kano voters class to decide
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2009
@crude oil and yeswecan

Well said!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by drharry: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2009
the sins of the father shall be visited on their children, but still its difficult for anyone to believe anything good can come out of the Abacha family,
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
@drharry

Bros, Can you identify yourself, Tender your evidence and status.
and please elaborate on your comment?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives / Which SURE-P Project Is Visible In Your Area? / China Restaurants and quest for customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.