Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:18 AM

Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt (30997 Views)

Ondo Elections : "Rig And Die " - OPC Threatens Federal Government / Ondo Elections: Olusola Oke Convoy Attacked By Hoodlums Again(pics) / Ondo Elections: INEC Explains Why It Declared Jimoh Ibrahim PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by gbengaol(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2016
In Kaduna and some other states, there are no christian representtives. these muslims should shut up abeg!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by SaffronSpice: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:
This response is informative! Whr do d ibolos dominate in kwara state pls?
Offa,bro.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nowenuse: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

Sir! U mst hv missed/misinterpret d part I said core/northern states.

Now! Dey ar northern in d political sense bt middlebelt lingowise.
If u say plateau,nassarawa,niger speak hausa,I can say kwarans speak yoruba nd benue nd kogi states speak deir lingo

But wait oo! Saying muslims-xtians in kogi is 50-50 is like u really shitting me...like criously,is dt ur assumptn?

Yes! Do not use the population of ebiras or nupe minority in Kogi state to conclude that the state is predominantly muslim.
Kogi west (who are predominantly Okun yoruba people) are like 80% christians.
Igalas who are the largest tribe in the state used to be 50/50 in the past, but the rate at which igala muslims convert to Christianity even in their homeland is alarming. Christians now have the slight majority in Igala land. Only ebiras and the few nupe minorities in Lokoja have more muslims. Bassa and ogori magongo minorities in the state have more Christians.
Any true Kogi person can confirm this!

Besides, not all kwarans speak yoruba as their mother's tongue. Infact one third or more of kwara are not yorubas, but i agree. Yoruba is more or less the lingua franca in kwara.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by liam93: 9:49am On Aug 17, 2016
ethnicity and religions will kill us in this country
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by MutantMetahuman: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

Sorry sir! But ua d deluded 1 here!
I'm aint sure abt lagos nad ogun bt oyo and osun states na gbam!
dude I live in Oyo state.. And I say you are highly deluded grin
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by ZiggyMr(m): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2016
onnenka:
Are saying saying the muslim population in Ondo is higher?
dustmalik, pls go and do your research the only area that has high concentration of muslims is around ikare/akoko, i cant realy remember the area. when you talk about other places like akure you ll understand that muslims are very low in population. how many big mosque do you know in akure apart from the one at oja oba?
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by scarred9jan(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

I laughed at your assumptions. Lagos 70% Christians, is it because of the mushroom churches scattered around nooks and crannies of Lagos . ileya is nearby, come and experience how Lagos would be deserted. Ogun state is not majorly Christians. I grew up among the Ijebus and Abeokuta people. If Muslims are dominant in Ogun state, why is their Ojude Oba always held 3rd day after Ileya. Quit assuming.
The Christians started this mess, let the Muslims take their pound of flesh.
The two religion are foreign to Yoruba land, sorry bro my ancestors don't worship deities, I don't know about yours.

So your ancestors are the missionaries that brought christianity to africa? I am an atheist, Ijebuman so personally I have no regards for religion but the reason why Yorubas are somewhat indifferent to whether you are a Muslim or Christian is that we are Yoruba first, then Muslim or Christian. Same cannot be said of the other two tribes who have taken foreign religions to heart. Hence the intolerance.

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:06am On Aug 17, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
dude I live in Oyo state.. And I say you are highly deluded grin
And so!
Dude,dnt b deceived by d dressing ethics of d half-baked muslims. Dt mst b what is confusin u to think. Xtians are more.

It's jst dt half of doz muslims are half-baked nd as such are lackadaisical towards d basic teachings of d religion!

I have spoken!!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2016
Nowenuse:

Yes! Do not use the population of ebiras or nupe minority in Kogi state to conclude that the state is predominantly muslim.
Kogi west (who are predominantly Okun yoruba people) are like 80% christians.
Igalas who are the largest tribe in the state used to be 50/50 in the past, but the rate at which igala muslims convert to Christianity even in their homeland is alarming. Christians now have the slight majority in Igala land. Only ebiras and the few nupe minorities in Lokoja have more muslims. Bassa and ogori magongo minorities in the state have more Christians.
Any true Kogi person can confirm this!

Besides, not all kwarans speak yoruba as their mother's tongue. Infact one third or more of kwara are not yorubas, but i agree. Yoruba is more or less the lingua franca in kwara.
I beg to disagree on dt f igala.even in d past,it wsnt 50/50 talkless of now.
I may agree wt bassa,ogori,okuns though

But to say 1/3 of kwarans dnt speak yoruba as deir mother's tongue is way too embarassing!
excpt d kwara north wc comprises of nupes,hw many f d ilorins cn stl speak fulfulde,I wl even say dey cn speak hausa more than fulfulde!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2016
SaffronSpice:
Offa,bro.
Thank u sir!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by akins56(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2016
YourNemesis:

So, exactly what will you gain from the high muslim population in any Yoruba state?
Shey na muslim population go put money for ur pocket?

Osun and Oyo are Muslim majority, but it is not an absolute majority the kind you find in the North. The muslim majority there is in the zone of 55-45, 53-47 that kind of thing.

Ondo and Ekiti are very christian dominant like 80-20-, 90-10 or similar.

Ogun is a Christian majority similar to the Muslim majority in Osun and Oyo.

Lagos INDIGENES are originally majority muslim, HOWEVER A LOT of them have converted, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Add influx of other Yoruba christians, plus other Nigerians, today Lagos is nothing less than 70% Christian.

Kogi Yorubas (Okuns) are a dominant Christian community, at least 80% Christian.

Kwara is 70% Muslim 30% christian and is the only state where you will find anything that bears any semblance with the north, though still not as lopsided with a strong christian minority.

At the end of the day, BOTH religions are FOREIGN to us Yorubas, so why should anyone waste their times trying to defend them.... Food for thought.
you just spoke my mind sir, with regards to ogun state, i believe it can tilt both side if accurately determined, lagos indigenes are traditionally Muslims, the few lagos indigenes i've met converted, and most are still converting...and I've never met a Muslim from ondo state, I've only heard.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2016
2dugged:
the food nor go done for dem kpatakpata kerosene finish for their stove
Last I checked,FIREWOOD/CHARCOAL never gym price lyk petrol........cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2016
Demmzy15:
The Ibolos are mostly found in Offa, I'm an Igbomina and I can tell you majority of Igbona in Kwara are Muslims, though you can find Christians. You can find a land which is almost 80% Muslim but you can't find such for Christians!
Confirmed! Thanks
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by MutantMetahuman: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

And so!
Dude,dnt b deceived by d dressing ethics of d half-baked muslims. Dt mst b what is confusin u to think. Xtians are more.

It's jst dt half of doz muslims are half-baked nd as such are lackadaisical towards d basic teachings of d religion!

I have spoken!!!
go yo religious houses, Go to higher institutions.. Even in your class, compare the number of Christians and Muslims.. Tell me the result.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2016
janellemonae:

You really shouldn't take dt bigot serious. Simple minded people like to put people in a box so they can target their hatred. Maybe the 84% of Yorubas dt voted Jonathan in 2011 were all magically Christians dt turned to Muslims in 2015. Last time I checked there were 2 other Muslims in dt election.

Another one of them is dividing PDp into Christian party only voted by Yoruba Christians, when we all know Oyo state has bn changing parties every 4 yrs since 1999.

These pple just came to live among strangers & will start mouthing off stupid analysis about a tribe they know nothing about. Never seen a more complete set of fools. In their heads Yoruba politics must have started wt the 2015 elections. I'm sure to dt ignorant simpleton 60% of Edo indigenes are Muslim since dt was d % dt voted for buhari in the last elections.

At best they are simply stupid, at worst they are trying their hardest to preach hateful propaganda. Unfortunately they don't know how Yorubas think.

84% of xtians in 2011 magically turned muslims...how is dt ppssible pls?
Besides,pple voted GEJ coz dey thought he myt continue wt yaradu'a legacies or better it but behold he did worst. That alone played against him in d last election nd gave d northern majority a good reason to sweep grounds for their kinsman.

The SWerns also used d opportunity to ally themselves wt d north since GEJ reportedly marginalized them nd dere wsnt their own,who could prove a worthy opposition for GEJ

For oyo state,well,mayb d presidential nd gubernatorial election bn held d sameday helped ajimobi or provided a perfect condition for rigging.....I wouldn't knw dt!!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
go yo religious houses, Go to higher institutions.. Even in your class, compare the number of Christians and Muslims.. Tell me the result.
That's funny man!
Just like lagos state,oyo state has witnessed and still witnessing influx of non-indigenes into d state.
I'm talkin abt d indigenous oyos,ibadans,okeoguns and ibarapas nd nt d immigrated ijeshas,egbas.igbos et al

If ua to consider d indigenous kano indigenes,d xtians wl nt evn b up to 0.5% bt coz f d migration of igbos,yorubas,idomas et al,mayb dey could boast of say 5-10% now. Sametn goes to d SE states.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

Last I checked,FIREWOOD/CHARCOAL never gym price lyk petrol........cheesycheesycheesy
hehehehe
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by MutantMetahuman: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

That's funny man!
Just like lagos state,oyo state has witnessed and still witnessing influx of non-indigenes into d state.
I'm talkin abt d indigenous oyos,ibadans,okeoguns and ibarapas nd nt d immigrated ijeshas,egbas.igbos et al

If ua to consider d indigenous kano indigenes,d xtians wl nt evn b up to 0.5% bt coz f d migration of igbos,yorubas,idomas et al,mayb dey could boast of say 5-10% now. Sametn goes to d SE states.
we are talking about yoruba dominated religious houses.
Most foreigner usually go to dedicated churches. E.g, most igbos are catholics, and they go to catholic churches mostly. Edo or south southerners love Christ embassy.
We are talking about churches like CAC, redeem, baptist, deeper life and those small unknown churches.. 98% of attendees are Yoruba. Indigenous people. Go figure.
Plus there are more converts from Islam to Christianity in those states.

The only part of Oyo state with dominant Muslim is saki and may be ibarapa. The rest, we have more Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by surey: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
It's good to agitate for one's right, the same thing we do in my state
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
we are talking about yoruba dominated religious houses.
Most foreigner usually go to dedicated churches. E.g, most igbos are catholics, and they go to catholic churches mostly. Edo or south southerners love Christ embassy.
We are talking about churches like CAC, redeem, baptist, deeper life and those small unknown churches.. 98% of attendees are Yoruba. Indigenous people. Go figure.
Plus there are more converts from Islam to Christianity in those states.

The only part of Oyo state with dominant Muslim is saki and may be ibarapa. The rest, we have more Christians.
So ijeshas are ibibios abi or u wana all igbos ar catholic.
Hw many christ embassies do u even hv in d whole f oyo state and to say towns in okeogun,oyo,igbeti et al are xtian means ua letting ur religious intolerance becloud ur judgement

I'm done replyin ur quotes!!
PEACE!!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by surey: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
It's good to agitate for one's right, the same thing we xtians do in my state
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by MutantMetahuman: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

So ijeshas are ibibios abi or u wana all igbos ar catholic.
Hw many christ embassies do u even hv in d whole f oyo state and to say towns in okeogun,oyo,igbeti et al are xtian means ua letting ur religious intolerance becloud ur judgement

I'm done replyin ur quotes!!
PEACE!!!
you should learn to comprehend post before you click quote button.

Peace.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by KnowAll(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Table B: Western Region4
Present State
(West)
1952 1963

[size=18pt]First Line Muslim Population, 2nd Line Christain Population, 3rd Line Others("african raditional Religion"wink 1st, 2nd & 3rd line Line 1952 Censor, 4th line, 5th line and 6th Line 1963 censor.[/size]

[size=14pt] 1952 1963[/size]

Oyo 50.4 26.7 22.9 58.3 30.5 11.2
Lagos 48.3 44.3 7.4 56.0 40.7 3.3
Ogun 47.5 35.2 17.4 53.0 37.9 9.1
Osun 48.3 38.2 13.5 52.7 42.2 5.1
Ondo 12.7 66.7 20.6 14.2 78.2 7.6
Ekiti 8.2 69.3 22.5 10.6 79.0 10.4
Edo 7.1 24.5 68.3 7.4 58.2 34.4

Delta 1.1 21.1 77.8 0.6 51.2 48.3

Total West 32.8 36.9 30.3 35.7 49.9 14.4
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nowenuse: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

I beg to disagree on dt f igala.even in d past,it wsnt 50/50 talkless of now.
I may agree wt bassa,ogori,okuns though

But to say 1/3 of kwarans dnt speak yoruba as deir mother's tongue is way too embarassing!
excpt d kwara north wc comprises of nupes,hw many f d ilorins cn stl speak fulfulde,I wl even say dey cn speak hausa more than fulfulde!

Ok, how well do u know igala land? There are about 8 igala dominated LGAs in Kogi state, do u know that it is only in Ankpa LGA that u can find overwhelmingly muslim communities? Go to the southern parts of igala land like Ibaji and Olamaboro, more than half of the communities in that place are without a mosque not to talk of muslims. Omala, ofu and igala mela odolu LGAs are also predominantly christians and not even an igala muslim will argue that!
Dekina and Idah on the other hand are around 50/50.

The only advantage the igala muslims have is that Ankpa is a very populated place and can even challenge Dekina (their headquarters) in population. But even in Ankpa at least one third of the lga are christians and christians r gainning new converts so much.

The problem most ppl have abt igala land is that they think northern igalas are the only igalas. Southern igala land is overwhelmingly christians and even mixed with igbos due to boundary.

How can my assertion of kwara being one third non yoruba speaking by mother's tongue be wrong?
Kwara has 3 senatorial districts and one of them is entirely of nupe and bariba speaking peoples.
Ilorin is mostly yoruba speaking by mother's tongue even though they may not all b yorubas by ancestry. But hope u know that many ilorin indigenes of hausa fulani ancestry still speak fulfude n hausa? Yes i av come across some!
Also, overtime, many nupes and baribas from the northern part of the state have adopted ilorin as their home but their mother's tongue doesn't change..... Many many more pure fulanis n hausas from other parts of the north are now adopting ilorin as their home because the emirate sysem of the city encourages their presence.
So i can tell u that about one quarter of ilorin do not speak yoruba as their mother's tongue.
I also forgot, many many more Nupes from Niger state and many more baribas from Niger, Kebbi and even Benin republic have also adopted ilorin as their home. U may not easily know about the presence of these people because everybody speaks yoruba as a lingua franca
Also to add, there r some nupe speaking communities that spill into kwara central and kwara south in ifelodun and moro..... Infact moro has so many nupe speaking communities.
By the time u add up all these ilorin adoptees and the population of nupe n bariba speaking communities all over the state. They are evidently up to 30% in the state or even more!
Dont mistake the Yoruba fluency of all the ppl u see or meet from kwara as being yoruba by mother's tongue o. If u do that u are on your own.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nowenuse: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

That's funny man!

If ua to consider d indigenous kano indigenes,d xtians wl nt evn b up to 0.5% bt coz f d migration of igbos,yorubas,idomas et al,mayb dey could boast of say 5-10% now. Sametn goes to d SE states

My pain is that some of u know very little abt the north and u keep on speaking authoritatively abt the north.
Do u know that by far the majority of hausas u see in Kano are not hausa indigenes? Most of the hausas or lets say at least half are from Katsina, Zamfara, Bauchi, Sokoto and mostly Jigawa! because jigawa was formerly part of kano and majority of them remained in kano as their formal state capital.
2 lgas in kano have predominantly christian indigenes (Doguwa n Tudun wada), ask any true kano indigene. Other lgas also hav a lot of indigenous christian maguzawa communities.

There r not so many hausa christians to migrate to challenge the influx of hausa muslims to kano. So if u say only the hausa aborigines of kano, i can tell u that the indigenous christians there would b up to 5-10%.
Also, some kurama speaking christian communities spill over from Lere LGA in kaduna and northern plateau into kano. These kurama speaking christians in kano have dozens of villages. Most of these christians chose to remain in their villages or migrate to kaduna or Jos where they are more accepted and have better opportunities. Those who choose to go to kano city most of them have to answer islamic names in order to avoid discrimination. Many of the kano christians even have to wear hijab just to gain acceptance in the state. These xteristics of the kano indigene christians make them appear as muslims to southernerns.

Christian minorities in the core hausa north are very timid and not outspoken because they are used to domination and discrimination, but it would be a mistake for u to ignore the presence of the indigenous hausa maguxawa christians and the kurama speaking christians of kano state and then move forward to recognize the millions of hausas in kano who come from other parts of hausa land, many of whom are even from Niger republic.

Among kano muslims in entirety, pure kano hausa muslim indigenes should just be about 40% or less. So many other northern minority muslims naturalize in kano and speak hausa as well as the native hausas, these minority northern groups are so many in kano to the extent that they have produced 2 governors of the state.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nowenuse:

Ok, how well do u know igala land? There are about 8 igala dominated LGAs in Kogi state, do u know that it is only in Ankpa LGA that u can find overwhelmingly muslim communities? Go to the southern parts of igala land like Ibaji and Olamaboro, more than half of the communities in that place are without a mosque not to talk of muslims. Omala, ofu and igala mela odolu LGAs are also predominantly christians and not even an igala muslim will argue that!
Dekina and Idah on the other hand are around 50/50.

The only advantage the igala muslims have is that Ankpa is a very populated place and can even challenge Dekina (their headquarters) in population. But even in Ankpa at least one third of the lga are christians and christians r gainning new converts so much.

The problem most ppl have abt igala land is that they think northern igalas are the only igalas. Southern igala land is overwhelmingly christians and even mixed with igbos due to boundary.

......Ooook! I garrit,but how then do you explain d muslim/northern igalas dominating governance overthere. You can't tell me the southern igalas just don't wana rule since they are all igala, the majority......

How can my assertion of kwara being one third non yoruba speaking by mother's tongue be wrong?
Kwara has 3 senatorial districts and one of them is entirely of nupe and bariba speaking peoples.
Ilorin is mostly yoruba speaking by mother's tongue even though they may not all b yorubas by ancestry. But hope u know that many ilorin indigenes of hausa fulani ancestry still speak fulfude n hausa? Yes i av come across some!
Also, overtime, many nupes and baribas from the northern part of the state have adopted ilorin as their home but their mother's tongue doesn't change..... Many many more pure fulanis n hausas from other parts of the north are now adopting ilorin as their home because the emirate sysem of the city encourages their presence.

'ADOPTION' doesn't make something/someplace originally yours!
The fulfulde/yoruba speaking fulanis/ilorin are called GAMBARIS,dey are hybrid fulani/yoruba due to history and dts y dey identify demselves more with the north in terms of dressing but speak fluent yoruba and even eat more of yoruba foods in terms of lingo. So,what's the point?

So i can tell u that about one quarter of ilorin do not speak yoruba as their mother's tongue.
I also forgot, many many more Nupes from Niger state and many more baribas from Niger, Kebbi and even Benin republic have also adopted ilorin as their home. U may not easily know about the presence of these people because everybody speaks yoruba as a lingua franca

Adoption,Adoption,ADoption!
Do u think they will ever forget their root?
All these adoption u talkin abt is associated wt a typical fulani. Besides,I think they jst tryin to encroach d south. I still on the second thought think it's for the benefit of their cattle.
Their is a heavy presence of fulani in iseyin,sabo/Obada.the way they speak fluent yoruba wl even scare d living hell outta a yoruba devil. Does dt mean dey've forgotten deir root....hell no!
So Quit the talk of adoption this adoption that, coz they can never be 100yrs of borrowed time still doesnt mk them an indigene.I'll rather refer to them as 2nd class but 1st class Nigerian coz d land all belongs to d country

Also to add, there r some nupe speaking communities that spill into kwara central and kwara south in ifelodun and moro..... Infact moro has so many nupe speaking communities.
By the time u add up all these ilorin ......''adoptees".... and the population of nupe n bariba speaking communities all over the state. They are evidently up to 30% in the state or even more!
Dont mistake the Yoruba fluency of all the ppl u see or meet from kwara as being yoruba by mother's tongue o. If u do that u are on your own.

I just made my points up there bro!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nowenuse:

My pain is that some of u know very little abt the north and u keep on speaking authoritatively abt the north.
Do u know that by far the majority of hausas u see in Kano are not hausa indigenes? Most of the hausas or lets say at least half are from Katsina, Zamfara, Bauchi, Sokoto and mostly Jigawa! because jigawa was formerly part of kano and majority of them remained in kano as their formal state capital.
2 lgas in kano have predominantly christian indigenes (Doguwa n Tudun wada), ask any true kano indigene. Other lgas also hav a lot of indigenous christian maguzawa communities.

There r not so many hausa christians to migrate to challenge the influx of hausa muslims to kano. So if u say only the hausa aborigines of kano, i can tell u that the indigenous christians there would b up to 5-10%.
Also, some kurama speaking christian communities spill over from Lere LGA in kaduna and northern plateau into kano. These kurama speaking christians in kano have dozens of villages. Most of these christians chose to remain in their villages or migrate to kaduna or Jos where they are more accepted and have better opportunities. Those who choose to go to kano city most of them have to answer islamic names in order to avoid discrimination. Many of the kano christians even have to wear hijab just to gain acceptance in the state. These xteristics of the kano indigene christians make them appear as muslims to southernerns.

Christian minorities in the core hausa north are very timid and not outspoken because they are used to domination and discrimination, but it would be a mistake for u to ignore the presence of the indigenous hausa maguxawa christians and the kurama speaking christians of kano state and then move forward to recognize the millions of hausas in kano who come from other parts of hausa land, many of whom are even from Niger republic.

Among kano muslims in entirety, pure kano hausa muslim indigenes should just be about 40% or less. So many other northern minority muslims naturalize in kano and speak hausa as well as the native hausas, these minority northern groups are so many in kano to the extent that they have produced 2 governors of the state.
The kurama whatever caught my attention!
This will definitely add to my knowledge but will verify in my adventure.

Thanks for this piece!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by MikeB3(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
For their mind! Ondo state has the lowest population of Muslims amongst the South western state in the country and their so called threat can't move a table talkless moving a mountain. They should chill as the balancing of candidates they want doesn't determine excellence in office!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by nnokwa042(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tundeobama:
we Yoruba Christian and Muslim love ourselves so much our region show have being the most violence place because of diversity we dont do that, check all notable Muslim governors in Yoruba land they visit church the Christian visit mosque tradition 1st before religion. we would continue to live as one I know east and north are jelouse of this kill urself we love each other, we marry each other we are one e.g ajimobi , tinubu , fashola wives are Christian and there husband muslim love them and attend church on special occasion with them no tribe in Nigeria is complete and unique like Yoruba. you can neva see Muslim extremist among us because our culture teach love and respect than any region.hope till you die we would live as one greatest pastors and imam are Yoruba in this country despite our diversity.Am a Christian and I love my Muslim brothers and sisters all over odua.#proudly Yoruba odua a gbe wa oooooo
the two guys that chopped of the head of british soldier is from where? Minister of commutation who put on hand grove before shaking women
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by nnokwa042(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
sade1994:
So far so good, with the number of years I've stayed on this earth.. .religion is and can be nothing to Yoruba people. All these nl threads are poos. Aimed to create segregation amongst us. I've never seen any of my Yoruba brothers and sisters from a religious point of view. Infact I don't even ask for your religion preference COz most of us can't even pinpoint our religion . Especially with me having Christian mum and Muslim dad.

Anyone behind this nonsense should stop abeg. We have more pressing issues to deal with.

Mtchewwwwwwww
is a lie muslims has cheating Christians in sw but now yoruba christians don dey open thier eyes small small am happy for yoruba Christians
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nowenuse: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

I just made my points up there bro!

Ok the case of igalas. Let me explain it to u.
All northern igalas (christian n muslim) look down on all southern igalas (christian n muslims). Its more of a cultural thing.
Southern igalas have been so much influenced and intermixed with igbos to the extent that some of them speak igbo as a second language and u know that generally in Nigeria igbos are like the loosing tribe which many do not want to associate with, so the northern igalas try as much to dissociate with these influences.

Also, many southern igalas in those days are believed to be descendants of exiled igalas whom the Attah of igala chased away, so they settled further away closer to igboland. The southern igala dialect has also been heavily watered down by igbo influence. The southern igalas have been the ones who mostly fought wars for the igala kigdoma and were easily attacked by igbos and edos. This caused the population of southern igalas to dwindle seriously. The northern igalas on the other hand feel their culture is purer and they have more population. This is the reason why they dominate politics in igala land. Northern igalas are like 60% muslims while southern igalas are like 90% christians. The former make up abt 2/3 of igala population and the latter 1/3, so by the time u do the arithmetic u see that the christians are slightly more.
So u see why the northern igalas dominate the affairs of igala land, and since a slight majority of the northern igalas are muslims, muslims r most likely to represent.
But hope u know that since the creation of kogi state all the senators of igala land have been christians? The current Attah of igala land is also a Christian. Igalas r just like yorubas, they dont give a Bleep about religion, they are more or less divided by clan. Egbirras n nupes are the religious fanatics in d state.

Yes i so much agree that many adoptees in ilorin may not forget their homeland, but u need to understand that many ppl may also forget their homeland if they find themselves in a place that welcomes them so much and gives them equal opportunities, that is exactly what Ilorin emirate promotes and u see that Ilorin shares direct boundary with nupe and bariba communities. Nupe communities in Moro are culturally under the Ilorin emirate as moro lga is part of ilorin emirate.
So do u think ppl who have their kit n kin as part of ilorin culturally may not be able to fit in and become absorbed?
See, ilorin emirate encourages religious integration just like the core north. A nupe, fulani or bariba muslim is more welcomed, preffered and accepted by most ilorin indigenes than a fellow yoruba christian from Ogun.
The ilorin emirate system replicates the religious assimilation policies of the sultanate and emirates in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- / Picture Of Biu After Today's Bombing / President Buhari Back To Nigeria From AU Summit In South Africa (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.