Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:24 AM

Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt (30992 Views)

Ondo Elections : "Rig And Die " - OPC Threatens Federal Government / Ondo Elections: Olusola Oke Convoy Attacked By Hoodlums Again(pics) / Ondo Elections: INEC Explains Why It Declared Jimoh Ibrahim PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by SaffronSpice: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
onnenka:
Don't mind that sophisticated liar above you. IF this isn't religious politics, what is?
Here is your IQ test:
Is the NSCIS a political party?
Where in the article does the Council claim to be a mouthpiece for your so-called "Yoruba Moslems"?

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by SaffronSpice: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Pprovost:
I really love the way the Yorubas on this thread smartly ignored those frustrated mofos begging for attention with their unsolicited comments cool Kudos guys!!!

All I know is that there is no tribe in Nigeria that is more "flexible" about religion as the Yorubas.

To me I think the Christians will edge Muslims with a small margin in Yorubaland (assuming kwara is excluded)

You know we have 4 types of Yorubas in Kwara State:Ibolos,Ekiti Kwarans,Igbominas and Ilorins.

Out of these sub-groups,only the Ilorins and some of the Ibolos are mostly Moslems.

Now do the maths.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
oduastates:

No state in yorubaland has a Muslim majority apart Maybe kwara.Absolutely none. In ondo state, Muslim are less than 7% of the population and Most if them are recent migrants
By the way this useless organisation must be banned everywhere in yorubaland.
u style of thinking is parochial and cnt be accepted in a world of civilise people|religion av come to stay in africa and nting u cn do abt it nt excluding nigeria|where were u wen yoruba people were advocating for a xtan governor in lagos state prior to d primary election dt brought ambode as d flag bearer of apc governorship candidate in d state?secondly u cnt claim dt kwara is d only yoruba state where muslem are predominat|pls sarisfy dis minority muslems psychologically by listening to there yearning after all u are from d same descendant|and take note,dey are nt asking for governor bt rather a balance ticket they say|
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
oduastates:

No state in yorubaland has a Muslim majority apart Maybe kwara.Absolutely none. In ondo state, Muslim are less than 7% of the population and Most if them are recent migrants
By the way this useless organisation must be banned everywhere in yorubaland.
What is ds 1 saying?
Absolute gibberish!!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
Lol..you are deluded.
Sorry sir! But ua d deluded 1 here! I'm aint sure abt lagos nad ogun bt oyo and osun states na gbam!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
emmasege:

The best they can achieve in that state at the . Bearing in mind that most christian guys marry only one wife and hardly have more than 2 or 3 children.
With some legalised 'side wives' you mean cheesy
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
ReddLabel:
Just as expected. Yorubas should stop changing the rhetorics on this thread, our continuous stay in "one Nigeria" will spell doom for us. Humans are social animals that are very sensitive to change. The new change in Nigeria is religious bigotry, sadly enough, it's beginning to creep in into the minds of the youths, mostly the radicalised undergraduates. Ask yourself this question, which notable Yoruba Muslim supported GEJ in the last election? We are all a living witness to the politics played by the imams on their loyal subjects. We should leave Nigeria before we are doomed....
Most pple (muslims inclusive) didn't support GEJ not coz he wsnt a muslim bt coz his previous administratn ws so financially careless.
Was PMB nt supported by sme xtians?
Was GEJ not supported by d same imams wen he ws campagning 'I didn't hv shoes,I'll gv u boots shit' in his 1st full administratn?

C'mon man,be objective,@lst in public e-forums!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
2dugged:
same thing they did in Edo state, I smell something is cooking among these folks
Na d aroma u dey smell so ooooo
I pray mk e done sharpALI cheesy
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by oodua1stson: 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Islamists are offended by everything and sorry for nothing

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
janellemonae:

Funny, I have NEVER heard a Yoruba man call himself sophisticated. Maybe u can give me a quote I missed somewhere in nigerias past history. I only heard dt word when I came on nairaland & it's usually used by igbos to deride Yorubas.
Haba mallam! Ds ur sense fit mk me vex say mk u b governor of my state for a week ooo
Opolo yin o ni joba baba nla cheesy
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Tundeobama(m): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
we Yoruba Christian and Muslim love ourselves so much our region show have being the most violence place because of diversity we dont do that, check all notable Muslim governors in Yoruba land they visit church the Christian visit mosque tradition 1st before religion. we would continue to live as one I know east and north are jelouse of this kill urself we love each other, we marry each other we are one e.g ajimobi , tinubu , fashola wives are Christian and there husband muslim love them and attend church on special occasion with them no tribe in Nigeria is complete and unique like Yoruba. you can neva see Muslim extremist among us because our culture teach love and respect than any region.hope till you die we would live as one greatest pastors and imam are Yoruba in this country despite our diversity.Am a Christian and I love my Muslim brothers and sisters all over odua.#proudly Yoruba odua a gbe wa oooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 12:05am On Aug 17, 2016
reducto:
This fools who call themselves sophisticates are the most divided of all the tribes in Nigeria but one gawd awful thing about their hypocrisy is that they would always turn to shout that the igbos are not United. Igbos are this, igbos are that.

Shameless cone heads.
They have ijebus
They have afonjas
They have Muslim yolobas
They have Christian yolobas
They have sango worshippers.
For f**k's sake you people should be busy thinking of how to salvage yourselves and not trying to advice people who are way better off than you.
Out of my generosity,let me help ur ignorant self...nw read vry carefully!
D whole of yorubas speak d same yoruba language bt only differs in dialect; which include ibadans,oyos,okeoguns,ibarapas in oyo state,egbas/egbados, ijebu in ogun state,ijesha in osun state. And so on

Now,d afonjas are used to describe d pure yorubas in ilorin since kwara state is politically nt a yorubaland bt linguistically is based on the history of afonja/alimi battle......

I just dnt wana waste mch time tutorin u coz u might still appear somewhere else spewing trash!

Mind u,EPP urslf by learning nd nt by what bunch of ignorant mango-headed punk aSs say

PEACE!!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 12:12am On Aug 17, 2016
freshcvvs:

There are Christians in Imo, Abia, Benue and Enugu.

How many governors from those state have been Muslims and did you hear NAFSAT spewing rubbish demanding that a Muslim must rule?
Muslims you meant!!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 12:22am On Aug 17, 2016
Toluensdollars:
This is nonsense. Can u imagine, religion leaders are now concerned about the politics of their states and countries leaving their primary objectives behind them. Is there still faith in this world?
Yo man! Dey mst be concerned coz. Wen politics isn't played well nd subsequently bounces back adversely,d pple ar d 1ns affected coz deir economic life wl b mch affectd. By then,wateva any spiritual leader says then wl go in thru one ear and simply leaves thru d other!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 12:27am On Aug 17, 2016
SaffronSpice:

You know we have 4 types of Yorubas in Kwara State:Ibolos,Ekiti Kwarans,Igbominas and Ilorins.

Out of these sub-groups,only the Ilorins and some of the Ibolos are mostly Moslems.

Now do the maths.
This response is informative!
Whr do d ibolos dominate in kwara state pls?
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nowenuse: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

Your comparison is not objective! You should consider the region.

The states you mentioned above are core/northern states politically and u shudnt b surprised dt muslims dominate leadership there

Your comparison is tantamount to sayin muslims must rule in delta,edo wc are clearly xtian states and SS.

SW on the other hand is relatively balanced wt respect to muslim/xtian populatn

Mr Man, Kwara, Kogi and Nasarawa states are not core northern states. They are middlebelt states. Most ppl in Kogi and kwara do not even speak hausa.
Surprisingly, Nasarawa state has slightly more christians , Nasarawa was formerly part of Plateau state which has always been a Christian dominated state. Kogi is like a 50-50 , while kwara has nothing less than 40% Christians.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 17, 2016
akinyeleaa:
While I strongly condemn this line of thinking of the Ondo Muslims, it is important to note that other states in the SW that are Muslim majority especially Osun have always been sensitive to the feelings of non Muslims, so saying Muslims are in minority in Ondo would be foolish
Osun even twice had Christians as both governor and deputy(Oyinlola's administration), despite being a Muslim majority state.

While that shouldn't be the yardstick for voting (and it has never been in the SW before), I think it isn't out of place to accommodate Muslims, maybe the as the deputy.

Nonetheless, I still think it is dumb to vote based on religious lines. I, for instance haven't benefited anything from Buhari, (a fellow Muslim since he assumed office), so what's the fuss about religion here.

Just vote who you feel will serve you better, even if an atheist
Correct guy. They're using another strategy to deceive electorate. NAIJA politicians shal
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 17, 2016
iliasaa:
now that the Muslims feel marginalized , others see it as been normal, since is against the Muslims. one should asked , is it fair enough not to have any representation? if it was Muslim - Muslim ticket now , Muslims will still be blamed .
You can ask that to APC is the northern part of Nigeria because they have similar issues with the South
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by mikolo80: 1:19am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

There are Christians in Kebbi, Kwara, Kogi and Nassarawa.

How many governors from those state have been Christians and did you hear CAN spewing rubbish demanding that a Christian must rule?
na dem dull diasef
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by loshybab(m): 1:25am On Aug 17, 2016
Nowenuse:

Mr Man, Kwara, Kogi and Nasarawa states are not core northern states. They are middlebelt states. Most ppl in Kogi and kwara do not even speak hausa.
Surprisingly, Nasarawa state has slightly more christians , Nasarawa was formerly part of Plateau state which has always been a Christian dominated state. Kogi is like a 50-50 , while kwara has nothing less than 40% Christians.
Sir! U mst hv missed/misinterpret d part I said core/northern states.

Now! Dey ar northern in d political sense bt middlebelt lingowise.
If u say plateau,nassarawa,niger speak hausa,I can say kwarans speak yoruba nd benue nd kogi states speak deir lingo

But wait oo! Saying muslims-xtians in kogi is 50-50 is like u really shitting me...like criously,is dt ur assumptn?
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by sade1994(f): 2:17am On Aug 17, 2016
So far so good, with the number of years I've stayed on this earth.. .religion is and can be nothing to Yoruba people. All these nl threads are poos. Aimed to create segregation amongst us. I've never seen any of my Yoruba brothers and sisters from a religious point of view. Infact I don't even ask for your religion preference COz most of us can't even pinpoint our religion . Especially with me having Christian mum and Muslim dad.

Anyone behind this nonsense should stop abeg. We have more pressing issues to deal with.

Mtchewwwwwwww

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Demmzy15(m): 2:29am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

This response is informative!
Whr do d ibolos dominate in kwara state pls?
The Ibolos are mostly found in Offa, I'm an Igbomina and I can tell you majority of Igbona in Kwara are Muslims, though you can find Christians. You can find a land which is almost 80% Muslim but you can't find such for Christians!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 17, 2016
If you want something, work for it. Stop begging or making threats, it's out of fashion.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by sbabimbola(f): 3:35am On Aug 17, 2016
onnenka:

https://www.today.ng/politics/167752/ondo-guber-muslims-threaten-political-revolt

AND HERE COMES THE KONGA DRUMMER.........

I HOPE THIS ISN'T ANOTHER JIHAD IN THE MAKING?

I do not buy this idea of religiousness of NIGERIANS sha!
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by sbabimbola(f): 3:48am On Aug 17, 2016
Tundeobama:
we Yoruba Christian and Muslim love ourselves so much our region show have being the most............. #proudly Yoruba

You can say that again, but all these ISIS oriented people are just cooking up something bad oooo,

HIJAB/JIHAD crisis when I was in secondary school still send shivers down my spine after about 12years...

SAY NO TO INDOCTRINATION!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

Most pple (muslims inclusive) didn't support GEJ not coz he wsnt a muslim bt coz his previous administratn ws so financially careless.
Was PMB nt supported by sme xtians?
Was GEJ not supported by d same imams wen he ws campagning 'I didn't hv shoes,I'll gv u boots shit' in his 1st full administratn?

C'mon man,be objective,@lst in public e-forums!

You really shouldn't take dt bigot serious. Simple minded people like to put people in a box so they can target their hatred. Maybe the 84% of Yorubas dt voted Jonathan in 2011 were all magically Christians dt turned to Muslims in 2015. Last time I checked there were 2 other Muslims in dt election.

Another one of them is dividing PDp into Christian party only voted by Yoruba Christians, when we all know Oyo state has bn changing parties every 4 yrs since 1999.

These pple just came to live among strangers & will start mouthing off stupid analysis about a tribe they know nothing about. Never seen a more complete set of fools. In their heads Yoruba politics must have started wt the 2015 elections. I'm sure to dt ignorant simpleton 60% of Edo indigenes are Muslim since dt was d % dt voted for buhari in the last elections.

At best they are simply stupid, at worst they are trying their hardest to preach hateful propaganda. Unfortunately they don't know how Yorubas think.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by akinyeleaa: 6:33am On Aug 17, 2016
2kaybiel:

This style of your understanding is differ gan ni o.
You said muslims are the majority in the state you mentioned and i ask you if you did conduct religion census to arrive at that conclusion. But, instead, you still answering question with question.I DID NOT SAY CHRISTIANS ARE THE MAJORITY bcoz I don't have the fact neither did I conduct religion census. So, tell us the source of your fact, lobatan.

Where in my post did I say you said Christians are the majority?
You obviously lack comprehension skills or is it just paranoia
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 17, 2016
loshybab:

Na d aroma u dey smell so ooooo
I pray mk e done sharpALI cheesy
the food nor go done for dem kpatakpata kerosene finish for their stove
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by akinyeleaa: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2016
MissMorayo:
Muslims aren't NEGLECTED, the two deputy governors in the last 8years are Muslims.

Muslim as deputy is fair enough

Meanwhile, I never said they were neglected.

Thanks for the info tho
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by adedayoa2(f): 6:58am On Aug 17, 2016
them sef?
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by Dav24(m): 6:58am On Aug 17, 2016
I trust muslim faithfuls when it comes to violence.
Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by EzeNri(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Dude, go and sit somewhere. Keep following that news and you will see in coming weeks that the grievance is resolved. Look, we Yorubas are members of humanity, we are not immune to the general problems humanity face in structuring society but far above others we posess the intrigues and savviness to work around social problems. In other words, we are far more socially superior and far advanced in evolution and intelligence ttan most, Igbos included.
It is not even up to a week ur FG confirmed that Biafrans are technologically superior.

I know u are blind to series of news of our academic exploits in western Universities, political exploits in western countries.

Before u know what democracy is all about, we had already perfected the art, while d Yorubas were busy salvaging away their lives bowing to one dirty and pot bellied king. Democracy is the real sophistication.

It was last year that one US research showed the intellectual superiority of the Igbo race in Africa.

U were blind when Innoson Motors produced spare parts for our Alpha jets, something Proforce, a supposed defence company couldn't.

Before Adenuga, the richest Yoruba made his first money, Ojukwu had already conquered Africa.

U claim superior and one man dictates the political future of the yorubas from the comfort of his bedroom. This will never happen in the SE, even though no yoruba man can mobilize the type of crowd Ojukwu and Kanu are capable of without 1 dime. This is sophistication. We will never leave our future at the mercy of any old man.

Your OPC boys scout can never protect Yoruba, the way the dreaded Bakassi Boys did for Aba.

I don't want to keep listing why Yorubas are not superior cos no tribe is superior to another. But should it ever be quantified, we are miles away.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Zahra Buhari Indimi Poses With Her In-Laws (Photos) / Atiku: 8 Commissioners Dump APC In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.