Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? (9176 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 12:07am On Sep 29, 2009
i cant even imagine someone asking this kinda question, there are too many things that are wrong in that country and now someone wanna see if they can allow the gays and the lesbos to exchange vows in a place that is already hell?
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 12:09am On Sep 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i cant even imagine someone asking this kinda question, there are too many things that are wrong in that country and now someone wanna see if they can allow the gays and the lesbos to exchange vows in a place that is already hell?

Well said.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by emmablow11(m): 1:21am On Sep 29, 2009
We should be talking about legalizing weed and not Homo
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 1:28am On Sep 29, 2009
emmablow11:

We should be talking about legalizing weed and not Homo

Weed is yet to be legalized, almost everyone's eyes are red like light bulbs, the men are messed up, wives are craizy, the university kids are all killing one another, the cops are trigger happy, so what will happen after the canabis are legalized?
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 2:04am On Sep 29, 2009
I believe homosexuality and prostitution should be legalized as they do in the netherlands.

Is no one's business if a man wants to pay for sex or have sex with another man.

It's funny when hypocrites that are abound in Nigeria do not apply their "morality" laws when it comes to issues such as keeping the sabbath (why don't we close all stores on sunday), alcohol consumption, pre-marital sex , polygamy and the likes.

We only know of morality when its time to attack something we dislike.

Homosexuality does occur in nature by the way.  The homosexual population of the earth doesn't exceed 10% so the talk of preserving mankind by abolishing homosexuality is illogical.  Countries like Nigeria are overpopulated (we are everywhere) and homosexuals have done nothing to stop the growth.

Sodomy laws do not belong in the constitution of a so-called secular country.  Its funny the same posters who bitch and whine about the Northernization/shariazation of this country are the ones supporting sodomy laws.

What are bunch of bigots.

oh no, the evil homosexuals are coming out. they would brainwash our kids and ruin our media. take cover!!!!!!!
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by OAM4J: 2:49am On Sep 29, 2009
I hear all of you. I await the first legislator that will move the motion for its legalization. Am sure his name will be more disgusting than that of Abacha. I beg not in NIGERIA. The reason why I think it was legalize in the western countries is because most of their leaders are homosexual or bisexual.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by spoOne: 3:14am On Sep 29, 2009
Please cut @poster some slack - he's a closet fudge packer testing the waters to see if it is safe to come out.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:57am On Sep 29, 2009
bawomolo:

Is no one's business if a man wants to pay for sex or have sex with another man.
So, why should it be legalized?

bawomolo:

Homosexuality does occur in nature by the way. 
Is this supposed to lead into some kind of claim that gayness is genetic?
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 4:39am On Sep 29, 2009
ChinenyeN:

So, why should it be legalized?

Because two consenting adults have a right to have sex? They don't need approval from you or a SECULAR government on what kind of sexual behavior they can engage in

Is this supposed to lead into some kind of claim that gayness is genetic?

i meant what i posted. There is extensive evidence of homosexuality happening in nature. It's an harmless activity that shouldn't be prosecuted.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:55am On Sep 29, 2009
bawomolo:

Because two consenting adults have a right to have sex?  They don't need approval from you or a SECULAR government on what kind of sexual behavior they can engage in
Okay. So, if homosexuals don't need approval, why should homosexuality be legalized? Isn't asking for legalization the same thing as seeking approval, or recognition from the government?

bawomolo:

i meant what i posted.   There is extensive evidence of homosexuality happening in nature.  It's an harmless activity that shouldn't be prosecuted.
So are you trying to say that homosexuality is genetic? Yes or No? It is a simple question.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 5:01am On Sep 29, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Okay. So, if gays don't need approval, why should gayness be legalized?

umm because they don't want to go to jail? and they want the right to marry?

So are you trying to say that homosexuality is genetic? Yes or no? It is a simple question.

I believe homosexuality is a combination of genetic and environmental factors?

happy now?
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 5:04am On Sep 29, 2009
WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A MASS HYSTERIA AMGONST NIGERIANS EVERYTIME THE WORD 'HOMOSEXUALS' IS BROUGHT UP.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:12am On Sep 29, 2009
bawomolo:

umm because they don't want to go to jail?
It's illegal?

bawomolo:

they want the right to marry?
Last I checked, marriage is a social institution, and culture and society dictate what they consider as acceptable forms of marriage. The only legal aspect of marriage is registering the names of the people married so that they can be recognized by the government as a union (mainly for taxation purposes, here in the U.S.), but they have to pass through the social aspect to get to that. If said culture/society does not recognize a certain form of marriage as a legitimate social institution, then why should their government recognize it?

bawomolo:

I believe homosexuality is a combination of genetic and environmental factors?
happy now?
Well. .  I'm content that you answered my question, but I would have been satisfied (not necessarily happy) if you had simply answered "Yes" or "No".
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 5:21am On Sep 29, 2009
ChinenyeN:

It's illegal?

yes it is punishable by jail time in nigeria

Last I checked, marriage is a social institution, and culture and society dictate what they consider as acceptable forms of marriage.

I never argued this
why should their government recognize it?

because the said government is supposed to democratic and secular.  Homosexual deserve at least a form of civil union

Well. .  I'm content that you answered my question, but I would have been satisfied (not necessarily happy) if you had simply answered "Yes" or "No".

It's not my job on this forum to make you happy.

chic2pimp:

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A MASS HYSTERIA AMGONST NIGERIANS EVERYTIME THE WORD 'HOMOSEXUALS' IS BROUGHT UP.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided  

don't you know these homos would destroy our precious moral society?
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by IGWEUSA(m): 5:35am On Sep 29, 2009
@ poster
I bet you, legalization of homosexuality would ignite a revolution which most Nigerians have been longing for.
Just turn a new leaf if you are a potential ADAM + ADAM.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:35am On Sep 29, 2009
bawomolo:

yes it is punishable by jail time in nigeria
Oh okay. Now, let me ask, is prostitution also illegal?

bawomolo:

because the said government is supposed to democratic and secular.  Homosexual deserve at least a form of civil union
Why exactly do they deserve a civil union? Is that what the majority ruled for?

bawomolo:

It's not my job on this forum to make you happy.
I did not, in any way, imply such. In fact, I wasn't looking for happiness. I'm actually fine with being content. All I was saying was that, I would have simply preferred a "Yes" or "No" answer, because my question was indeed a "Yes" or "No" question. That's all.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by emmablow11(m): 5:59am On Sep 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Weed is yet to be legalized, almost everyone's eyes are red like light bulbs, the men are messed up, wives are craizy, the university kids are all killing one another, the cops are trigger happy, so what will happen after the canabis are legalized?

Once weed is legal, all the problems you listed above will be solved, that's d only solution.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by FBS: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2009
This was supposed to be a serious subject but y'all got me laughing. Especially the last post. grin
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by bibiking1(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2009
IGWE_USA:

@ poster
I bet you, legalization of homosexuality would ignite a revolution which most Nigerians have been longing for.
Just turn a new leaf if you are a potential ADAM + ADAM.
One old saying goes , Adam was meant for Eve and not Steve!!!
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2009
^^^^

major league catch in that -

it also implies that theres nothing wrong with incest - as adama and eve's offspring must have gotten it on with each other
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2009
We might as well legalize sleeping with 5year old girls as well and while we are at it legalize people having sex with animals
ince its nobody' s business concerning this matter and no one is harming anybody following these practices.

Why stop at gay marriage.

I am as reasonable as they come and understand the world we live in. Please don't confuse EQUALITY with liberalism.

No five fingers are equal and there in lies the balance of nature. The spectrum of gayness is too speculative to allow such an activity to be legalized at this stage of development in Nigerian society talkless any society for the matter, when there are hemaphrodites, transgenders, downlow brothers, transverstites, bisexual, butch lesbians, feminine lesbians,pedophiles. How are we supposed to differentiate what is natural and what is enviromental behavorial
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2009
bawomolo:

don't you know these homos would destroy our precious moral society?
Well,u do have a point there grin grin grin.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by smile11s(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
Whoever wants homo to be legal should also plz support legalization of weed

Lets legalize weed and forget this homo talk joo, its waste of time

Citizens need weed
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
morpheus24:

We might as well legalize sleeping with 5year old girls as well and while we are at it legalize people having sex with animals
ince its nobody' s business concerning this matter and no one is harming anybody following these practices.

So in your opinion, having sex with a 5 year old girl is 'harming nobody'?

morpheus24:

when there are hemaphrodites, transgenders, downlow brothers, transverstites, bisexual, butch lesbians, feminine lesbians,pedophiles. How are we supposed to differentiate what is natural and what is enviromental behavorial

Hermaphrodites are human beings born with a genetic disorder. How the hell can you justify placing them in that list.
You're an idiot.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2009
^ your father is an idiot for sleeping with your mother.

How do you define what is natural vs what is a genetic DISORDER. An anomaly is not necessarily a Disorder.

Hemaphrodite can be positioned from birth to be either a boy or girl. What becomes their sexual prefrence at that point. What if the person with this condition protrays sexual instincts of a male and is attracted to females but is physically and socialized as a female. How do you define that persons sexual orientation. Nature or Nuture.

Why not elaborate on the rest of the other categories since you are a genius and go further to define the rest of them so we can see how far off they are in relation to the definition of a hemaphrodite and while you are at it comment on legalizing animal marriages as well.

As far as 5 year olds are concerned I gave no opinion but a comparison in regards the "rational" used when arguing these sort of issue but then again if you can't differentiate the two shows how dumb you are.

Stop equating liberalism with Equality. They are two different things.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by sleekp1: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2009
texazzpete:

So in your opinion, having sex with a 5 year old girl is 'harming nobody'?

Hermaphrodites are human beings born with a genetic disorder. How the hell can you justify placing them in that list.

You're an idiot.

Most Nigerians who argue against what consenting adults do in privates are Idiots, they lack the ability to reason properly (especially those living abroad).

I feel ashamed to say I use to think like this until I left Nigeria.
The inability to move with the times and evolve is a normal trait amongst Africans (their in lies our intellectual bankruptcy).
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by tboy1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2009
Legalizing homosexuality wont make a difference in Nigeria. The fear within each individual of being caught will be the same
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2009
LIBERALISM IS NOT THE SAME AS EQUALITY.

STOP BEING BRAINWASHED.

MARRIAGE IS NOT AN INALIENABLE HUMAN RIGHT.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by sleekp1: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2009
morpheus24:

^ your father is an idiot for sleeping with your mother.

How do you define what is natural vs what is a genetic DISORDER. An anomaly is not necessarily a Disorder.

Hemaphrodite can be positioned from birth to be either a boy or girl

Just so you know, this is the definition of a hermaphrodite: an individual in which reproductive organs of both sexes are present.

Biology: an organism, as an earthworm or plant, having normally both the male and female organs of generation.

How do you position a hermaphrodite?

As far as 5 year olds are concerned I gave no opinion but a comparison in regards the "rational" used when arguing these sort of issue but then again if you can't differentiate the two shows how dumb you are.

What sense is there in comparing sex with a 5yr old and sex between grown men?  Why did you even think of a 5yr old or is this normal in your culture?

So because two consenting adults are allowed to sodomize each other, you want a right to rape kids, is it?

What two adults do in their own home means nada to you or me but sex with kids! People like you belong in prison.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
^You position a hemaphrodite by artificially determing their gender thus eliminating one sex organ present in them in an attempt to normalize the abnormality note I did not use "disorder". Though this does not always work out all the time as in the case of Caster semanya the South african runner, who physically is producing testosterone levels that have predisposed her to being a male. ie lack of  mammary glands,no ovaries,heavy cracked voice and masculine features even though she has been socialized as a female.

There is sense in comparison as these practices in antiquity were considered "normal" before your so called evolution of society occured. Mumu get the point I am making, why is sleeping with a 5 year old replusive to you and who gives you the right to consider it repulsive (Rhetorical quesiton). You people are so swept up with emotion. Think logically please.

What any one does behind closed doors is their business but legalizing some of those actions is another thing.

LIBERALISM is not EQUALITY.
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by sleekp1: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2009
morpheus24:

There is sense in comparison as these practices in antiquity were considered "normal" before your so called evolution of society occured. Mumu get the point I am making, why is this replusive to you and who gives you the right to consider it repulsive

Your post is disturbing.
I asked you if this was normal in your culture and it seems in your warped mind sex with infants is at par with homosexual sex. I think theres  a lapse in objectivity on your part, this can't be the way you reason. Maybe you should get some sleep.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Homosexaulity Should It Be Lagalize In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2009
^
It is as much disturbing to you as Homosexuality is to another person so don't ask stupid questions like is it normal in my culture. The question you should be asking is can you find a culture that has existed that found this practice "normal'. When you answer the question then we can argue the question of what defines the transition from a child to adult hood , society or biology? and we can move on to social evolution and elightenment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Made A Mistake In National Id Card Registration Can I Change It? / Buhari Earns 23million Naira Per Month As Pension. / Controversy Over Alleged Endorsement Of Akeredolu For Second Term In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.