Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

A Fair-skinned Bride/partner - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Fair-skinned Bride/partner (6452 Views)

Am I Considered To Be Light Skinned Or Dark Skinned? / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? / Choose One: Dark Skinned Or Light Skinned (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2009
How come only men have been brainwashed by the so called Europeans, since the VAST MAJORITY of African women prefer dark skinned men, except rare exceptions?
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2009
of course it's not coincidence.
that was meant to be sarcasm, but i guess i failed miserably there lol
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sweetpie23: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2009
must African men are dumb and they don't know what they want. angry angry angry angry
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2009
oyinda.:

drrionelli,
you don't get the point do you  
we all have freedom of choice yes. duh  the point isn't about changing the freedom of choice. the point is about influencing how you make that choice.
you are making a height comparison. well on average men prefer women shorter than them. but also, on average, men have different heights so logically, one man's idea of shorter will be different from the next guy's.
your idea of tall for example will be different from your friend who is taller or shorter than you.
a tall guy will tend to be with a taller girl etc. with skin tone on the other hand, idea of light skin and dark skin ISN'T relative or differ from man to man.
the definition of light skin or dark skin isn't arbitrary as a matter of fact, there is a general consensus on what qualifies as light skin (rita dominic, beyonce etc) or dark skin (genevieve, jackie appiah etc).
[b]and most men from pitch black to average black tend to prefer (what is generally classified as) light skin. not what is light skin relative to their own shade.

if you compared this to height ([b]like you're trying to do), people will call it a fetish. it is not normal for a 5'10 guy to "prefer" a 6'5 girl. but it is very normal for a pitch black guy to prefer beyonce's shade. that is the norm and that is what the OP is referring to.

this type[/b] of overwhelming "preference"[/b] for light skin isn't natural, even though you are indeed free to choose what you want.

of course you won't base a relationship on your preference. but you will tend to pick your partner based on those preferences. that's why many african women bleach. and of course they will be bright and glowing for the first few years after they start bleaching and will attract many men. the ugly effects show up only a little bit later.

but this isn't just for african men though. they have the same problems in india. all their bollywood stars are fairer and most of their women consume lightening/bleaching products.
coincidence that most of africa and india are former european colonies.  undecided

so the point is about influencing your preference. maybe if there is a different idea of what is considered beautiful, this unnatural preference will disappear.

very good explanation. you said everything I wanted to say in this post. you clearly see my point. I also like how you pointed out that AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND INDIA WERE ALL EUROPEAN COLONIES. IN OTHER WORDS WE WERE ALL COLONIZED BY A FAIR SKINNED RACE. It's common sense. Why is it that in populations such as India and Africa where the majority are not fair, prefer fair skin??
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2009
sweetpie23:

must African men are dumb and they don't know what they want. angry angry angry angry

Please subtract me from the list, cus i certainly know what i want . . . and i don't compromise. A natural lady is one of my first criteria. Cus my own idea about life is that is she is vain, we simply cannot get along . . . irrespective of whether or not she is miss solar system.

grin grin grin

michelin89:

How come only men have been brainwashed by the so called Europeans, since the VAST MAJORITY of African women prefer dark skinned men, except rare exceptions?

Actually dark skinned men is the western idea . . . . tell me please . . . do you think tall dark and handsome came from within african culture or main stream media
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2009
@ Nene

It's the attraction for what is not "common". Ever asked why white men prefer blonds?
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2009
michelin89:

ok. when it comes to a relationship, traditionally, men look for beauty in a partner and women look for strength/ financial capacity.
women also have been brainwashed but in relationship wise, it is harder to measure.
the idea of beauty have changed to a more european one but the idea of strength haven't changed as badly.
but. an example where you will see that women are also affected by colonialism is that in places where there are more foreigners and expatriates, the women prefer those foreigners to the local men because they assume that the foreigners are better no matter how poor he is.
they have this problem in countries like kenya where there are many settled europeans. the women cheapen themselves for these foreigners.
in nigeria on the other hand, there aren't many europeans so that is harder to measure.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

Actually dark skinned men is the western idea . . . . tell me please . . . do you think tall dark and handsome came from within african culture or main stream media

Tell me the history of its origin.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2009
There are more beautiful and more booticlicious black woman in the USA yet for some stupid reason, successful black men seem to go for fake white ladies or asians.

That is simply the effect of brainwashing. . .
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2009
michelin89:

@ Nene

It's the attraction for what is not "common". Ever asked why white men prefer blonds?

blond is common actually. it's not as common in the US but the reason blond and blue eyes are prefered is because they represent "purity" these are distinct european features and these people actually have the opposite problem we do.
they like themselves too much while we like ourselves too little.
of course it's not good either way since many american women dye their hair blond. also this is less dangerous than african women bleaching their skin yellow.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2009
michelin89:

That's very true. I also noticed the same preference among African American women as well. Dark skin is considered sexy and beautiful on men but not really on women. I guess is because society places more importance on a woman's looks whereas for men it's their money. However that still doesn't explain the fact that many african/black women are more PHYSICALLY attracted to darker men putting all issues about his wealth and success aside. I find black african men of all shaded attractive from pitch black to yellow. I have a preference for african men, but not for a particular shade. Light skin is not as  desired on men, but there are a few dark girls who prefer light skinned igbo guys and fulani.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2009
michelin89:

Tell me the history of its origin.

This is what i beleive (please note that i might be wrong)

1. Ask yourself why it is that brown chocolate is the gift of choice during valentine in the western world (who introduced valentine to africans who are also now coping it). . . its because its a symbolic representation of the sweet tall dark and handsome black man.

2. Ask yourself why it is the black men were being victimised and lynched in the past for merely looking at white women.

The reason is simply:

White women considered [b]tall dark and handsome black men [/b]to be their dream men and their favourite choice of male partner. . . hence that is how it got into the main stream.

Wetin concern the typical african women with that kind of romantic notion of tall dark and handsome, considering that like 80years ago, most of africa did not even communicate in english.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2009
nene1:

That's very true. I also noticed the same preference among African American women as well. Dark skin is considered sexy and beautiful on men but not really on women. I guess is because society places more importance on a woman's looks whereas for men it's their money. However that still doesn't explain the fact that many african/black women are more PHYSICALLY attracted to darker men putting all issues about his wealth and success aside. I find black african men of all shaded attractive from pitch black to yellow. I have a preference for african men, but not for a particular shade. Light skin is not as  desired on men, but there are a few dark girls who prefer light skinned igbo guys and fulani.

Actually its because the media has brainwashed people into believing that that is the standard. . . please do not doubt the power of mainstream media.

For example, most women buy things and beauty products just because its on tv or someone advertise it. . . and not because they actually did a research to find out whether its good for them or not.

Most white women now go for boob jobs simply because he media says having a fashionable boobs is good.

Most teenage girls are starving themselves just to try and look like magazine models. . .
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sweetpie23: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

Please subtract me from the list, cus i certainly know what i want . . .
you may but most of your friends do not. they like white girls white sluts African men are dumb angry angry angry
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2009
oyinda.:

blond is common actually. it's not as common in the US but the reason blond and blue eyes are prefered is because they represent "purity" these are distinct european features and these people actually have the opposite problem we do.
they like themselves too much while we like ourselves too little.
of course it's not good either way since many american women dye their hair blond. also this is less dangerous than african women bleaching their skin yellow.

@oyinda . ,

actually they do not like themselves. . .

1. they are good at hiding their flaws.
2. they hate their skins . . . hence the profit of the tanning industry.
3. they hate their lips hence the lip enhancement surgeries
4. they hate their boobs hence the boob surgeries
5. they hate their butts hence they envy most african women who have it naturally.

Don't be deceived by what you see on televisions . . . the reality of the matter is that their media are the ones making it look like they like their image, instead what their media is doing is to merely a psychological brainwashing of black people.

That is their media are the ones constantly praising white features . . . so as to make blacks hate themselves. . . the real white people on the street are actually jealous of the typical black person . . .

@oyinda have you taken time to see the skin of a typical white person upclose . . . men it is horrible and shit . . . so please do not believe hype.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. Ask yourself why it is that brown chocolate is the gift of choice during valentine in the western world (who introduced valentine to africans who are also now coping it). . . its because its a symbolic representation of the sweet tall dark and handsome black man.

2. Ask yourself why it is the black men were being victimised and lynched in the past for merely looking at white women.

The reason is simply:

White women considered tall dark and handsome black men [/b]to be their dream men and their favourite choice of male partner. . . hence that is how it got into the main stream.

Wetin concern the typical african women with that kind of romantic notion of tall dark and handsome, considering that like 80years ago, most of africa did not even communicate in english.

1. um do you mean that chocolate is a symbol for blacks? wouldn't it have been banned by white men if this were the case?
2: asian men were victimized for the same reason when they came in droves to america during the gold rush from san francisco. we just don't hear much about this.

when women say "tall, dark and handsome" i don't think they mean "black man" they mean tanned man. this represents someone who is hardworking and [b]strong
. white people get darker from staying in the sun so being tanned used to mean that you worked outside or you were a peasant. today thought the meaning has changed and now, it means that you were vacationing on the beach and you have lots of leisure time outside.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2009
sweetpie23:

you may but most of your friends do not. they like white girls white sluts [i]most [/i]African men are dumb angry angry angry

I cant disagree with the above comment. They then act as if they have stepped up in the society because they have a white girl on their arms. In most cases those white girls are not wanted by their white men. grin
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2009
sweetpie23:

you may but most of your friends do not. they like white girls white sluts African men are dumb angry angry angry

I can't even imagine sleeping with a white woman . . . yuck . . .  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

The reason is simply:

White women considered [b]tall dark and handsome black men [/b]to be their dream men and their favourite choice of male partner. . . hence that is how it got into the main stream.

I am not convinced a bit.  undecided
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

@oyinda . ,

actually they do not like themselves. . .

1. they are good at hiding their flaws.
2. they hate their skins . . . hence the profit of the tanning industry.
3. they hate their lips hence the lip enhancement surgeries
4. they hate their boobs hence the boob surgeries
5. they hate their butts hence they envy most african women who have it naturally.

Don't be deceived by what you see on televisions . . . the reality of the matter is that their media are the ones making it look like they like their image, instead what their media is doing is to merely a psychological brainwashing of black people.

That is their media are the ones constantly praising white features . . . so as to make blacks hate themselves. . . the real white people on the street are actually jealous of the typical black person . . .

@oyinda have you taken time to see the skin of a typical white person upclose . . . men it is horrible and shit . . . so please do not believe hype.

I agree with this. I praise God for my dark skin everyday because I know 40yrs from now it will still be unlined grin
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by vanitty: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2009
Thought the "dark" part of tall, dark and handsome means dark eyes, dark hair and sexy e.t.c not black as in skin colour
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I agree with this. I praise God for my dark skin everyday because I know 40yrs from now it will still be unlined grin

They grow purple veins on their legs and yam legs. Could that be a disease genetically linked to the whites?
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by sweetpie23: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

I can't even imagine sleeping with a white woman . . . yuck . . .  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
you are a true son of your father you have the pure African blood running in your viens bee blessed smiley
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2009
vanitty:

Thought the "dark" part of tall, dark and handsome means dark eyes, dark hair and sexy e.t.c not black as in skin colour

It's dark all over. cheesy
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

@ebonyeyes now u understand why most white women spend a fortune just to retain their beauty.

A darker skin tone usually retains the beauty at a less financial cost. . . hence someone like does not look at the short term.

When i look at a woman, one of the questions i ask myself is:

1. Is she natural or is she fake.
2. Does she use enhancements to improve her beauty or does it come naturally.
3. How would she look like in 10 years time.
4. Is she bootylicious  grin grin grin
5. Is she melonicious  grin grin grin

ectcertra . . . , .
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2009
michelin89:

They grow purple veins on their legs and yam legs. Could that be a disease genetically linked to the whites?
I think black skin just hides most of those flaws better. Thank God for melanin grin If you notice, people who bleach their skin have all sorts of veins etc.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2009
no2atheism,
compared to others (asians, hispanic, blacks etc), they tend to like themselves.

all the things they are enhancing are still to match their own standard of beauty. i don't think they are trying to represent other people's ideals.
a lot of black people wrongfully think white people are copying them when they tan, get breast surgery etc. how wrong could you get. lol if this were the case, mixed people will have a special place among americans rather than the lower place they have. whites don't worship halle berry for example. they will worship angelina jolie. lol
and in fact, the way the whole tanning business started was with famous fashion icon coco channel who went on vacation and came back tanned because she stayed out too long in the sun accidentally. tanning then came to become fashionable and represent leisure. it wasn't because they were trying to achieve halle berry's skin tone or anything.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2009
michelin89:

It's dark all over.  cheesy

most especially . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hence the reason why you see that once white women start dating black men . . . they find it difficult to go back to dating white men . . .cus:

1. Black men have a naturally firmer body than white men
2. Black men are naturally muscular.
3. Black men do not age fast.
4. Black men have one of the  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed on the planet.

Hence michelin i was not kidding wen i said tall dark and handsome . . . was mostly from the perspective of the white woman and not really from the black woman.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

@ebonyeyes now u understand why most white women spend a fortune just to retain their beauty.

A darker skin tone usually retains the beauty at a less financial cost. . . hence someone like does not look at the short term.

When i look at a woman, one of the questions i ask myself is:

1. Is she natural or is she fake.
2. Does she use enhancements to improve her beauty or does it come naturally.
3. How would she look like in 10 years time.
4. Is she bootylicious  grin grin grin
5. Is she melonicious  grin grin grin

ectcertra . . . ,  .

An older family friend married a white woman and Lawd have mercy she looks about 20years older. They dont age well.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2009
vanitty:

it's a tanned dark that suggests you've been out doing hardwork in the sun rather than staying in your room and looking pale on your couch. again, it ties to the idea of strength and financial capability (hard work).
and this is a old idea though.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2009
I like me any complexion of dark skin men.

But caramel chocolate tastes sweeter tongue
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by jaybee3(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
^^^^
Interesting shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As A Man, What Is Your Pride?. What Lifts Your Spirit And Boosts Your Ego?. / Words You Will Never Hear From A Guy / Can You Tell A Lady She Has Vagina Odour???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.