Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

A Fair-skinned Bride/partner - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Fair-skinned Bride/partner (6451 Views)

Am I Considered To Be Light Skinned Or Dark Skinned? / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? / Choose One: Dark Skinned Or Light Skinned (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by No2Atheism(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
oyinda.:

no2atheism,
compared to others (asians, hispanic, blacks etc), they tend to like themselves.

1. They are good at hiding their flaws . . .
2. I disagree . . . instead they tend to like what their media portrays. Hence why u see them rush to tan cus their media portrays tanning as better.
3. They have brainwashed most asians just as they have brainwashed most blacks, hence why u also think they like themselves more than the asians.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

most especially . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hence the reason why you see that once white women start dating black men . . . they find it difficult to go back to dating white men . . .cus:

1. Black men have a naturally firmer body than white men
2. Black men are naturally muscular.
3. Black men do not age fast.
4. Black men have one of the  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed on the planet.

Hence michelin i was not kidding wen i said tall dark and handsome . . . was mostly from the perspective of the white woman and not really from the black woman.

I don't know why you think African women don't like these features in men. As far as I am concerned, I prefer dark skinned men.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
I do agree that dark skinned Males (Tyrese, Usher, Wesley Snipes, Denzel, Taye Diggs etc) are more successful compared to their female counterparts (Gabbrielle Union, Nia Long etc) in Hollywood.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by vanitty: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
I wonder where the black men having the biggest penis story came from.
Michelin89  Yam legs are sexy you know - - well according to my man  cheesy
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
vanitty:

It came from slavery days. Black women were raped continuously by these white men and had slacked kitties and the white men assumed that black men had massive cock-doodle-dos because of that. Its somewhat true though.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by oyinda3(f): 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
ok i'm wrong. dark represents mystery lol not tan.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2009
vanitty:

Me sef wonder  lipsrsealed

I am not talking about the yam legs we tease ourselves for (thick legs).I am talking about the disease medically known by that name. I think it's caused by an excessive quantity of liquid deposit, but I don't really know.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2009
Is it Varicose veins? Black people have it as well but its disguised by the melanin so its not too obvious.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2009
vanitty:

Thought the "dark" part of tall, dark and handsome means dark eyes, dark hair and sexy e.t.c not black as in skin colour
Yep. The dark part means a dark haired man as opposed to a blond one.

This topic is actually quite interesting. My asian Male friends do say to me that asian females prefer white men over them.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by drrionelli(m): 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2009
we all have freedom of choice yes. duh  the point isn't about changing the freedom of choice. the point is about influencing how you make that choice.
Which is exactly the point I was making.

you are making a height comparison.
No, I am not.  I am simply using that as an example of the fact that preferences exist.  In no way, shape or form was it intended to be--or is it--a comparison.
with skin tone on the other hand, idea of light skin and dark skin ISN'T relative or differ from man to man.
Apart from those who are at the extremes of the pigmentation spectrum, I must differ.  Skin tone is relative.  Beyonce is lighter than I, whereas Iman is darker.  Another might find Iman to be lighter than he.

if you compared this to height (like you're trying to do),
Again, no I'm not.   ;DWhat is "normal" about it?  That's my contention.  It might be "common" or even "usual," but there's nothing "normal" about it.

this type of overwhelming "preference" for light skin isn't natural, even though you are indeed free to choose what you want.
EXACTLY my point!   The issue here seems to be one of semantics.  There is definitely a difference between "normal" and "natural."

that's why many african women bleach. and of course they will be bright and glowing for the first few years after they start bleaching and will attract many men. the ugly effects show up only a little bit later.
You will note that I dissuade against bleaching.  

so the point is about influencing your preference. maybe if there is a different idea of what is considered beautiful, this unnatural preference will disappear.
It should also be noted that "beauty" is not a concept that should be based on a singular criterion.  Because of that, it is imperative to prioritize those aspects of definition.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chiogo(f): 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2009
*sigh*

Poster, I agree but I will definitely not carry that problem on my head to consider bleaching. I strongly advise against bleaching.

The funny part is how black women stick to their men but for the men, the reverse is the case. sad!!!
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by na2day2(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2009
nene1:

@ na2day and chic2pimp

you are right there is nothing wrong with having a preference. but this light skin preference seems to be a MASS PREFERENCE among african and other black men. i find it hard to believe that it's just a coincidence that the vast majority or almost all african men seem to share this same preference for fair skin.

why is it always black women that whine? in every natural kingdom, mates is always choices and preferences, female lions tend to prefer male lions with darker manes, u don't see the male lions with blond manes whine do u? it is life plain and simple, black males have always preferred lighter skinned black women and it has nothing to do with any western influence. black women refer black dudes above the lighter skinned ones, and u don't hear the light skinned black brothers whine do u? what about 2day's naija babes that won't even look at ur side if u don't have a car, as guys we just suck it up and live with the fact. naija girls complain too much.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2009
chiogo:

*sigh*

The funny part is how black women stick to their men but for the men, the reverse is the case. sad!!!
Sad and true fact. No loyalty whatsoever.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2009
na2day?:

why is it always black women that whine? in every natural kingdom, mates is always choices and preferences, female lions tend to prefer male lions with darker manes, u don't see the male lions with blond manes whine do u? it is life plain and simple, [b]black males have always preferred lighter skinned black wome[/b]n and it has nothing to do with any western influence. black women refer black dudes above the lighter skinned ones, and u don't hear the light skinned black brothers whine do u? what about 2day's naija babes that won't even look at your side if u don't have a car, as guys we just suck it up and live with the fact. naija girls complain too much.

well at least you admitted the bias MOST black men have. And actually I heard that even some nigerian men bleach. There are many women too who chase after light men so they can have "pretty" babies. Light skinned men are not judged as harshly. Then again it's a waste of time arguing with you. It a subconcious preference ALMOST ALL black men have.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Sad and true fact. No loyalty whatsoever.

Yep and those black men who chase after women of other races are the same ones who can't stand it if a non-black man is with a black woman. And when non-black men are with a black woman she is usually the cream of the crop and that drives a lot of black men crazy. Whereas as many black men would not mind being with any woman with white skin. The stereotype about black men with a fat ugly white woman has some truth. All steretypes have some truth. I don't want to stir up trouble, but we all know it's the truth. And the black men that attack people for making comments like this are usually the ones it applies to.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2009
nene1:

Yep and those black men who chase after women of other races are the same ones who can't stand it if a non-black man is with a black woman. And when non-black men are with a black woman she is usually the cream of the crop and that drives a lot of black men crazy. Whereas as many black men would not mind being with any woman with white skin. The stereotype about black men with a fat ugly white woman has some truth. All steretypes have some truth. I don't want to stir up trouble, but we all know it's the truth. And the black men that attack people for making comments like this are usually the ones it applies to.
Girl I agree with you. I have a group of male friends who frown at non-black guys who date black girls most of these black girls are stunning grin These men believe they deserve the beautiful black women. My Italian friend always asks me why all black guys in the club go for heavy white girls grin I didnt know what to say grin.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2009
nene1:

Yea rite wink. That is exactly what you are trying to do.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Girl I agree with you. I have a group of male friends who frown at non-black guys who date black girls most of these black girls are stunning grin These men believe they deserve the beautiful black women. My Italian friend always asks me why all black guys in the club go for heavy white girls grin I didnt know what to say grin.
Black men frowning @ Black women dating non black men is quite common.

The fact of the matter is that we all do it(black,white,asian,male,female).

*Some people just dey do am too much jare* grin
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 05, 2009
chic2pimp:

Black men frowning @ Black women dating non black men is quite common.

The fact of the matter is that we all do it(black,white,asian,male,female).

*Some people just dey do am too much jare* grin

Hallelujah so you admit that black men do it to black women who date interacially? Some men deny it. But you know black women have some sort of loyalty and are least likely to date or marry interacially.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 12:14am On Oct 05, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Hallelujah so you admit that black men do it to black women who date interacially? Some men deny it. But you know black women have some sort of loyalty and are least likely to date or marry interacially.
Hallelujah ke? grin Why should I deny something that does happen? undecided

It is also true that Black women like Asian Men are the least likely to date or marry interacially. I had always thought that it was only asian men and not women who get envious when they see one of  'theirs' dating interacially.

However my views soon changed when 2 of my female Asian friends got annoyed and quite envious when they saw an asian dude with a blonde chic. Infact using the word 'Envious' is an understatement. They were murmuring rude words under their breath grin grin grin.

Black,white,asian,male and female are prone to the act of jealousy *Having said that, some do tend to go overboard and we all know which ones*
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by na2day2(m): 1:03am On Oct 05, 2009
nene1:

well at least you admitted the bias MOST black men have. And actually I heard that even some nigerian men bleach. There are many women too who chase after light men so they can have "pretty" babies. Light skinned men are not judged as harshly. Then again it's a waste of time arguing with you. It a subconcious preference ALMOST ALL black men have.

it is not a bias, it is a preference period. the fact i am easily attracted to light skin black girls don't mean i find white girls attractive, in fact i have a preference of darker latino women to lighter latino women, is that a bias too?
nene1:

what a load of crap! how many guys u know care if u date other races? there are more black women and naija women that will throw a fit if they see a brother with other races, girl plz!
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 1:13am On Oct 05, 2009
na2day?:

what a load of crap! how many guys u know care if u date other races? there are more black women and naija women that will throw a fit if they see a brother with other races, girl plz!

Well!!! Well!!! Well!!!,what do we have here. I guess I was right after all  cheesy grin cheesy.

chic2pimp:

Yea rite wink. That is exactly what you are trying to do.
  grin grin grin
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 2:49am On Oct 05, 2009
na2day?:

it is not a bias, it is a preference period. the fact i am easily attracted to light skin black girls don't mean i find white girls attractive, in fact i have a preference of darker latino women to lighter latino women, is that a bias too?

lol,  well black women don't date out much so it probably doesn't happen often when black men get mad. but don't lie you know they do. i also find middle eastern men and latino men to be far more attractive than african men, but i don't act like they are better than black men even though they really are. especially middle eastern men b/c they are usually wealthier and more successful. they also tend to have the sexiest eyes in the world.

but when you black men like women of other races you also like to act like they are better than black women. that is why we complain. that's the difference.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by na2day2(m): 3:16am On Oct 05, 2009
nene1:

lol,  well black women don't date out much so it probably doesn't happen often when black men get mad. but don't lie you know they do. i also find middle eastern men and latino men to be far more attractive than african men, but i don't act like they are better than black men even though they really are. especially middle eastern men b/c they are usually wealthier and more successful. they also tend to have the sexiest eyes in the world.

but when you black men like women of other races you also like to act like they are better than black women. that is why we complain. that's the difference.

oh the hypocrisy! u like other races and u are here condemming black men for having a PREFERENCE of lighter skinned BLACK WOMEN! by the way, no said anything about lighter skinned black women being better than darker black skinned women, i guess u are just full of insecurity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed as for the gold digger syndrome, i wasn't surprised at all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 3:39am On Oct 05, 2009
na2day?:

oh the hypocrisy! u like other races and u are here condemming black men for having a PREFERENCE of lighter skinned BLACK WOMEN! by the way, no said anything about lighter skinned black women being better than darker black skinned women, i guess u are just full of insecurity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed as for the gold digger syndrome, i wasn't surprised at all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

wait, i thought you didn't care if black women liked other men? so why the big fuss? by the way, i don't even like arab men. they are too hairy. i'm not a big fan of latino men either. i always prefer african men. i just said that to see what your reaction would be. unlike black men, i don't put other races of men above my own. anyway, what makes you think i'm a gold digger. i just PREFER men who are financially stable NOT necessarily wealthy just like how african men simply PREFER light skinned women. the same reason why men don't like it when women judge a man by his bank account is the same reason why women don't like it when men judge them by skin color (something you can't change). at least many men can do something to improve their financial status.

so basically like i said, you black men love to uplift women of other races and use that lame PREFERENCE argument to justify it, but get upset when black women show interest in men of other races. but you love to DENY that. i know you will never admit that a lot of black men can't stand to see a black woman with a non-black man especially if she is gorgeous, which is usually the case.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 3:42am On Oct 05, 2009
nene1:

lol,  well black women don't date out much so it probably doesn't happen often when black men get mad. but don't lie
Black men do get mad. Na2day was only pulling your legs. He knows the truth wink grin.

nene1:

I also find middle eastern men and latino men to be far more attractive than african men, but i don't act like they are better than black men even though they really are. especially middle eastern men b/c they are usually wealthier and more successful. they also tend to have the sexiest eyes in the world.

And u are here yabbing Black men for having preference undecided. Does that mean you see nothing wrong in Nene 1 finding a latino man more handsome or Chic2pimp finding a dark skinned black girl more appealing but as soon as Na2day finds a Light skinned black girl more appealing all hell breaks loose abi? undecided
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 4:00am On Oct 05, 2009
chic2pimp:

Black men do get mad. Na2day was only pulling your legs. He knows the truth wink grin.
And u are here yabbing Black men for having preference undecided. Does that mean you see nothing wrong in Nene 1 finding a latino man more handsome or Chic2pimp finding a dark skinned black girl more appealing but as soon as Na2day finds a Light skinned black girl more appealing all hell breaks loose abi? undecided

nah, if you read my response to him, you'd see that i was just messing with him.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by chic2pimp(m): 4:17am On Oct 05, 2009
nene1:

nah, if you read my response to him, you'd see that i was just messing with him.
Oh okay. My bad grin cheesy.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by na2day2(m): 5:31am On Oct 05, 2009
chic2pimp:

no mind her, she never talk true.

@nene1

u can date an alien for all i care and it won't bother me; i care less as long as it is ur choice, it don't make no difference to me. my extended family is filled with these examples,and nobody makes a fuss, my own mother does not care if i marry a japanese let alone a lighter skinned black woman, as long as my mom considers the person a christian, church don closed
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by ifele(m): 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2009
The light skinned women believe the very dark skinned man is the REAL man. She hates her own lightskinned bros.

Because the dark skinned man has put that in her mind. So its color fucking. Light skinned boys dont want to be

with dark girls cos its a shitty ass thing to do even though yu see some of them doing it. You will see lightskinned

boys and men go abroad and marry white women cos violent negro as turned the competition on his head so he

can be with his own sisters. Dark negro girl its your fault cos should have beat that yellow girl when you saw her

with your negro brother.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by drrionelli(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2009
Violence is not the answer.
Re: A Fair-skinned Bride/partner by nene1: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2009
ifele:

The light skinned women believe the very dark skinned man is the REAL man. She hates her own lightskinned bros.

Because the dark skinned man has put that in her mind. So its color fucking. Light skinned boys dont want to be

with dark girls cos its a shitty ass thing to do even though yu see some of them doing it. You will see lightskinned

boys and men go abroad and marry white women cos violent negro as turned the competition on his head so he

can be with his own sisters. Dark negro girl its your fault cos should have beat that yellow girl when you saw her

with your negro brother.

are you serious? i take it you were jus joking abt. the beating up part lol, you talk as if yellow women are another race.  well if you are talking about light skinned black women, we are the same race. just different shades. but when i see a black man with a white woman he is almost always dark skinned. light skinned black men ususally stick to light skinned black women. however they are not as colorstruck as the dark skinned ones. some of them don't mind being with a dark skinned girl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Gift Did You Give Your Lover And What Did You Get For Val / How Can One Stop Premarital Sex In Relationship / Once I Dive In In Less Than 2 Mins Im Already Erupting (matured Only Pls Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.