Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? (39709 Views)

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Governor Ikpeazu In Arm Wrestling With A Chinese Investor In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

This write up is a fascinating work of fiction that is totally incorrect, from the standpoint of ballistic reality. Clearly the writer of this factually erroneous description has never owned a real gun in his life, but hopes to impress similarly unenlightened readers by baffling them with bullchit accumulated from playing video games and watching old war movies.

A pump action SHOTGUN unleashes a horrific flesh-mangling blast at point-blank ranges within 20 yards, BUT, those pellets only possess a MAXIMUM lethal range of 50 yards at best. Any target beyond 50 yards that is hit by shotgun pellets has a very good chance of escaping with small pellet wounds, and at ranges beyond 100 yards, shotgun pellets may not even retain sufficient energy to penetrate clothing. As a hunter who has used a pump action shotgun to down quarry ranging from fast-flying birds to sprinting deer, I happen to know what I am talking about, from personal experience over many, many years.

A rifle projectile, on the other hand, is capable of blasting gaping holes in flesh, and shattering bone, all the way out to 1 kilometer downrange, depending on the caliber of the projectile fired. The venerable AK47, chambered with the 7.62x39mm cartridge, is a devastating weapon capable of precision fire out to ranges in the region of 80 yards, beyond which accuracy drops off significantly, unless of course the rifle is fitted with a telescopic sight that improves accuracy, such that 200 yard shots can be attempted by steady-handed shooters. My .308 caliber deer rifle, fitted with a high magnification telescopic sight, will make clean deer kills well out beyond 350 yards, when fired from a stable resting position.

Having thoroughly tested the accuracy of an AK47 rifle at the firing range where many crates of ammo were expended at paper targets, I can lay claim to a very deep familiarity with the AK, going beyond mere shooting, and into the realm of complete disassembly and reassembly, which I perform blindfolded with ease, meaning that my observations about this weapon ALSO derive from EXTENSIVE hands-on experience, and not wild, uninformed speculation.

Before taking to the internet to make outlandish claims about subjects one does not truly understand, it would be prudent to bear in mind that not everyone in the targeted audience is guaranteed to be as profoundly ignorant as the pontificating writer.
(Puyaka)
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by hardbody: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Joel3:
what legality are you talking about. go and buy your gun if u need to. Bleep the zoo law. laws are made for the poor and people with no social influence.

come to creek and see children playing with gun like toy.

as I said again. Bleep the law.

You can say that again bro.

From the DPO to the Area Commander way up to the COP should be on first name basis with you with enough influence for others to leave the office once you are on a visit, everything else is fixed.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by planetx: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
henryobinna:
do you think its only America that allows her citizens to own guns?

Name any other country in the world where you can walk into a gun store and buy a semi auto rifle talk less of a pistol.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by emperordelis(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

This write up is a fascinating work of fiction that is totally incorrect, from the standpoint of ballistic reality. Clearly the writer of this factually erroneous description has never owned a real gun in his life, but hopes to impress similarly unenlightened readers by baffling them with bullchit accumulated from playing video games and watching old war movies.

A pump action SHOTGUN unleashes a horrific flesh-mangling blast at point-blank ranges within 20 yards, BUT, those pellets only possess a MAXIMUM lethal range of 50 yards at best. Any target beyond 50 yards that is hit by shotgun pellets has a very good chance of escaping with small pellet wounds, and at ranges beyond 100 yards, shotgun pellets may not even retain sufficient energy to penetrate clothing. As a hunter who has used a pump action shotgun to down quarry ranging from fast-flying birds to sprinting deer, I happen to know what I am talking about, from personal experience over many, many years.

A rifle projectile, on the other hand, is capable of blasting gaping holes in flesh, and shattering bone, all the way out to 1 kilometer downrange, depending on the caliber of the projectile fired. The venerable AK47, chambered with the 7.62x39mm cartridge, is a devastating weapon capable of precision fire out to ranges in the region of 80 yards, beyond which accuracy drops off significantly, unless of course the rifle is fitted with a telescopic sight that improves accuracy, such that 200 yard shots can be attempted by steady-handed shooters. My .308 caliber deer rifle, fitted with a high magnification telescopic sight, will make clean deer kills well out beyond 350 yards, when fired from a stable resting position.

Having thoroughly tested the accuracy of an AK47 rifle at the firing range where many crates of ammo were expended at paper targets, I can lay claim to a very deep familiarity with the AK, going beyond mere shooting, and into the realm of complete disassembly and reassembly, which I perform blindfolded with ease, meaning that my observations about this weapon ALSO derive from EXTENSIVE hands-on experience, and not wild, uninformed speculation.

Before taking to the internet to make outlandish claims about subjects one does not truly understand, it would be prudent to bear in mind that not everyone in the targeted audience is guaranteed to be as profoundly ignorant as the pontificating writer. you sound more like a gun trafficker
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Emycord: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Op convert to a moose-slim at least own cow and pronto ur qualified. U don't need to purchase wit ur money isis will send u one .at the point of usage make sure u shout allahu-bracadabra

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Pylony(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
oyinkinola:
are you a hunter?
so one have to be a hunter to own fire-arm?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Izonpikin: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
henryobinna:
do you think its only America that allows her citizens to own guns?

with guns should come strict laws on how to handle them..that is what the USA lacks at the moment...
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by ruggedadventure(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
I wanna get one too

Buh....i dnt want it to b legalised lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:
Yea, a pump action is the koko against a Fulani invader.
I even prefer it to the AK47 in home defence.
While the Ak seems invincible in the hands of an attacker due to its automatic and rapid fire feature, its accuracy is just about 100yrds. The pump action in contrast can do a 300-400 yard shot but its accuracy is not what I am interested in, it is its ability to spit up to 9-20 pellets in the general direction of any invader that I find inviting.

When the invaders come, just put yourself in an area where you won't be hit by direct fire, then draw your box of cartidges close, load up, raise you gun point it in the general direction and let loose. If you can get the 8 round semi auto version then bros you are on the gravy train. With one shot you can fell both the invader and several of his cows!

It is popularly believed that the distinctive sound of a pump action being cycled carries an inherent deterrent effect. grin grin cheesy

Do anyhow, see anyhow!

Please where can one get this in lasgidi?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by lollmaolol(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

Dey there until fulani visit you

Hehehehe...shakabula will do grin
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

It's illegal to own a pump.

I will prefer buck shots fired from this monster

the Ak fulani headers dey cary no dey illegal? ?abi na different laws dey guide us
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Scarpon(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
Subscribing to this
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Pylony(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Following. And, are there any target practice ranges in Nigeria?
for civilian use "No".
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pylony:
for civilian use "No".
Since there are none, how can we practice?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Joel3(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
hardbody:

You can say that again bro.

From the DPO to the Area Commander way up to the COP should be on first name basis with you with enough influence for others to leave the office once you are on a visit, everything else is fixed.
how many Fulani have they arest?? see men from creek shooting guns like knockout... and you still calls this a country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-R1lPjeU3E
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by yjgm(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:
Yea, a pump action is the koko against a Fulani invader.
I even prefer it to the AK47 in home defence.
While the Ak seems invincible in the hands of an attacker due to its automatic and rapid fire feature, its accuracy is just about 100yrds. The pump action in contrast can do a 300-400 yard shot but its accuracy is not what I am interested in, it is its ability to spit up to 9-20 pellets in the general direction of any invader that I find inviting.

When the invaders come, just put yourself in an area where you won't be hit by direct fire, then draw your box of cartidges close, load up, raise you gun point it in the general direction and let loose. If you can get the 8 round semi auto version then bros you are on the gravy train. With one shot you can fell both the invader and several of his cows!

It is popularly believed that the distinctive sound of a pump action being cycled carries an inherent deterrent effect. grin grin cheesy

Do anyhow, see anyhow!
AK47 effective range is 400m not 100 pls. Correct that assertion
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by claremont(m): 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:

This is incorrect. There is no military school that teaches people that the accuracy of the AK-47 is 100 yards, neither can the shotgun be effective for 300-400 yards like you said. I don't think you know anything about weapons, I'm keen to know where you read up these statistics from?

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by lekancaring(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
I love ur post
SlayerSupreme:

Lmao!!! I love this post
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
MadCow1:

Edited..

You are right.. We are only allowed to own guns that have the same kill power as a catapult in Nigeria..

But how then are the Vigilantes in Anambra carrying 12-Guage Shotguns around?

How do fulani headers carry Ak 47 all over the country
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by ceaser: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Since there are none, how can we practice?

In Nigeria, once you have been certified and licenced to own one, you will be taken by the police to a target range where you will be trained on its use. I think that takes like three or four weeks and then you are fully certified to own that firearm.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by lordkhalifa(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:
The law states you can only own a licenced double barrel shotgun.

The firearm is restricted to cartridge shells only and not buck shots.

It is not to be carried in public and is restricted to hunting and home defense.

Pistols, semi automatic and full automatic rifles are completely haram.

Dane guns firing shells are allowed since you don't stand a chance in hell with that crap.

But that doesn't stop the fulanis from getting Ak-47 assault rifles.

already own a double barrel and Dane gun... but the way things are going I need to be more sophisticated and always on alert and look out for Fulani murderers... don't want to be taken unaware, please is there a way to lay my hands on AK47

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Dshocker(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
iHustle336:
I don't know if this is the right section, I wanna know if it is possible to legally acquire and own fire arm in Nigeria as a civilian? If it is possible, please let someone with the requisite knowledge explain how.

Its best you don't own any,cos the day you use it on any arm robber,your life wouldn't be the same anymore.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
planetx:
Name any other country in the world where you can walk into a gun store and buy a semi auto rifle talk less of a pistol.

why are you talking like this,.. S/A gun owners can beat that of American. ..even foreigners who got ID's are also qualified to gun ownership..I mean any type of pistol
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by EROMS38(m): 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=oyinkinola post=48884334][/quote]broda tell am ooo grin
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by lebesgue(m): 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
What is it with the Fulani murderers everyone is talking about?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

A shotgun having more effective range than an assault rifle?

An AK has an effective range of 800m. That means it can kill you at 800m.

Shotgun is meant for close quarters and has a much lower effective range.

Other than buck shots, cartridge shells have very limited damage from 20yards.

Guy delete this nonsense now.

Limited damage is better than no damage...

Gun shot no matter how limited is very effective....
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by EROMS38(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

Dey there until fulani visit you
broda abeg help me ask am oo grin
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

Before taking to the internet to make outlandish claims about subjects one does not truly understand, it would be prudent to bear in mind that not everyone in the targeted audience is guaranteed to be as profoundly ignorant as the pontificating writer.

GADDAMM, persin no dey follow you play nii,make i bookmark your name make we no cross path. grin

Meanwhile all this talk about guns dey give me erectionn

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

He may not knw anytin abt the Gun....but he got d laffin spot on....Nairaland is Jst for fun as no one here intend to buy such gun in Nigeria... knwing it is illegal...

So his post was Jst for fun....you Dnt Hv to call him names...

If u ask me I will tell u, Ppl actually enjoy his post mre Dan yours...... you Dnt Hv to b over Crious Evritym

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.. I love guns... Guns for all!
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

Damn!!! More information here than Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by azpekuliar: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

He may not knw anytin abt the Gun....but he got d laffin spot on....Nairaland is Jst for fun as no one here intend to buy such gun in Nigeria... knwing it is illegal...

So his post was Jst for fun....you Dnt Hv to call him names...

If u ask me I will tell u, Ppl actually enjoy his post mre Dan yours...... you Dnt Hv to b over Crious Evritym

Madam abeg comot for road if U no get wetin to talk. People who come to Nairaland with very serious issues deserve better than all these clowns who rush to the front page with asnine comments just to garner likes.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Killed At Buhari’s Rally In Taraba, Governor Ishaku’s Convoy Attacked - Nation / Shehu Sani Withdraws From APC Senatorial Primaries In Kaduna / Man Shares Letter Of 1994 Between His Mum And Her Dad Discussing Petrol Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.