Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,773 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? (40177 Views)

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Governor Ikpeazu In Arm Wrestling With A Chinese Investor In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by papaejima1: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
Informative and educative topic
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by papaejima1: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
alexis:

I am not a shotgun fan, truth be told, I almost bought the keltec shotgun:

http://2koxr21v8cz72s8ohk24upp8.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2015/04/ksg1.jpg

I can't really say much about shotguns apart from what I know and what I have used. I use my remington 700 VTR in .308 calibre for hunting. I have hit a dow at 547 yards with a clean shot from the driver window of a pickup. I target practice regularly at 600 yards.

I boar hunt with my AR 15 which works like a charm grin
Claremont, this dude too must be ignorant like me.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by papaejima1: 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
alexis:

Catapult has effective range of 200 meters as well, that doesn't mean it is accurate. For example, if you point an AK 74 at a person standing at the end of a 200 meters field, you most likely won't be able to hit them. So, it can have an effective range of 10,000 meters, it doesn't help if you can't hit the target
Take one orijin bros. You keep impressing me with every post
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 5:36am On Aug 31, 2016
planetx:
Only someone that doesn't know the amount of damage done in a country like the US where almost every Tom dick and harry owns a gun will be advocating that sort of madness in Nigeria. I see people exchanging hot words on the streets of Lagos on a daily basis and you want to put firearms in that equation ? All we need is to empower the police and make them effective, American gun culture is nothing to emulate.
yeah
It has wrecked havoc on the country that everyone is looking for their visa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by chukslawrence(m): 7:06am On Aug 31, 2016
vickylala239:

He may not knw anytin abt the Gun....but he got d laffin spot on....Nairaland is Jst for fun as no one here intend to buy such gun in Nigeria... knwing it is illegal...

So his post was Jst for fun....you Dnt Hv to call him names...

If u ask me I will tell u, Ppl actually enjoy his post mre Dan yours...... you Dnt Hv to b over Crious Evritym
U jes spewed my mindset.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by nkemdi89(f): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2016
datigbogirl:

You sound like you own one...
No I don't.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by donodion(m): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2016
iHustle336:
I don't know if this is the right section, I wanna know if it is possible to legally acquire and own fire arm in Nigeria as a civilian? If it is possible, please let someone with the requisite knowledge explain how.

All dis tory on top say OP asked where in Naija can he lawfully get a gun? grin grin grin grin grin grin story full ground o grin grin grin grin

Simple answer....If you can approach and police officer from the rank of Inspector, you will be shown the right direction and the cost price...People dey for Apapa,Lagos wey dey smuggle the thing in steady...otherwise....I know in kano state, brand new pump action goes for N250-N300k (brand new)depending on your bargain power.Right in the box with live ammos.

Hunters are eligible to buy and use live ammos in Naija, same that works with double barrell.

Lagos or some part in the north, you will obtain it correct with license sef.

Dis na Naija.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by donodion(m): 10:38am On Sep 01, 2016
GBTYO:
The law states you can only own a licenced double barrel shotgun.

The firearm is restricted to cartridge shells only and NO SLUGS.

It is not to be carried in public and is restricted to hunting and home defense.

Pistols, semi automatic and full automatic rifles are completely haram.

Dane guns firing shells are allowed since you don't stand a chance in hell with that crap.

But that doesn't stop the fulanis from getting Ak-47 assault rifles.

All dis tory on top say OP asked where in Naija can he lawfully get a gun? grin grin grin grin grin grin story full ground o grin grin grin grin

Simple answer....If you can approach and police officer from the rank of Inspector, you will be shown the right direction and the cost price...People dey for Apapa,Lagos wey dey smuggle the thing in steady...otherwise....I know in kano state, brand new pump action goes for N250-N300k (brand new)depending on your bargain power.Right in the box with live ammos.

Hunters are eligible to buy and use live ammos in Naija, same that works with double barrell.

Lagos or some part in the north, you will obtain it correct with license sef.

Dis na Naija.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by alexis(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2016
papaejima1:

Take one orijin bros. You keep impressing me with every post

I know a few things about guns here and there smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
planetx:
Name any other country in the world where you can walk into a gun store and buy a semi auto rifle talk less of a pistol.
Israel Switzerland
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
yjgm:

AK47 effective range is 400m not 100 pls. Correct that assertion
you de mind the mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
vickylala239:

And u beliv ur pepper spray will do d wrk in Nigeria......

Hw does it connect to a kind of gun Wich is Nt legal in Nigeria?

how will pepper spray help in traffic,Cuz hoodlums cuts in number ,Hw mny will u spray before traffic finally release u....

If u intend to take shooting as ur hobby outside diz shores,den learn abt it outside d shores....

Cuz I see no reason Why illegal equipment, shuld b ur area of interest
when they come to rob and rape you, you will know then why your husband should have taken steps to protect his family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
LorDBolton:

Oga any small quarrel neighbours dey use cutlass / bottle butcher themselves you want to now legalise gunz? Lol

so what's the difference. You de plan to quarrel with your neighbour
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
Buhari4dullard:
[size=14pt]Has anybody noticed that only the Fulani People can own AK-47s and they never get arrested [/size]
how do you arrest moving target. If you get AK no tell anyone who go arrest you. Talk with sense
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
khadaffi:

To be frank there is no way the nigeria of today can equip the police to be effective. What we need is a policy that can stabilize the security in the land. We need the gun law amended in this country. A situation where someone purchase a weapon from our neighboring country and crosses the border (we have no border), and use it in holding people hostage simply because our govt does not permit gun for its citizens.

Now if citizens were allowed to own guns I can tell you boko haram wouldn't have been able to seize that large area of land and the amount of IDP would have been less. Even in Libya before the death of Gadaffi, allowed it citizens to own guns.
Govt did not stop you from owning a gun.
They only stopped you from owning an assault rifle or easily concealed weapon
Bolt and pump action rifles allowed
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
khadaffi:

To be frank there is no way the nigeria of today can equip the police to be effective. What we need is a policy that can stabilize the security in the land. We need the gun law amended in this country. A situation where someone purchase a weapon from our neighboring country and crosses the border (we have no border), and use it in holding people hostage simply because our govt does not permit gun for its citizens.

Now if citizens were allowed to own guns I can tell you boko haram wouldn't have been able to seize that large area of land and the amount of IDP would have been less. Even in Libya before the death of Gadaffi, allowed it citizens to own guns.
Bolt and pump action(at least double barreled) rifles allowed
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
papaejima1:

A pump action Remington gun can shoot pellets up to 400 yards bro depending on the size of shot! I don't know where you guys read your own stuff!
I never said its accuracy is 400 yards.
And I also never said the maximum range of the AK is 100 yards. Maybe if you guys left the textbook and entered real life and real combat then you'd know the AK isn't designed for accuracy and also that it is quite difficult for an insurgent shooting an AK under battle conditions to maintain accuracy beyond 100yrds!
I am well versed with the text book version of the effective and max ranges, bench rest accuracy blah blah blah, but like the GIs used to say, Iraqis firing the AK couldn't hit the broadside of a barn!
Maybe you should see these links and listen to real life users and not textbook users.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=90499

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=127006
our soldiers proficient up to 200
More with a really skilled marksman
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thisnut:
A47 is overrated, I'd pick AR15 simi automatic riffle or tavor x95 be that heavyly, ugly ak47.

AR15 has maximum effective range of 3600m or 3.6km
And 30% more accurate than useless AK47.
until it jams on you then you will realise why the AK is the most popular weapon on the planet
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
ethereal:
Typical nairaland scenario.. Every one digresses from the issues raised, no one profers a viable solutions and rather, resort to arguments and e - pinch fight!!! The spate of insecurity in Nigeria is alarming, and i am serious about this gun thingy, i know how much i spend to cater to my dogs on daily basis..
guy buy dry pepper, box and arrow and allow us hia word.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I hope that one day that we get a reasonable bill passed that will allow concealed carry for law abiding citizen.

The criminals already carry theirs.

Walther PPS 9mm
una go gree vote for am
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
yomz1e:
Simple fact is we can't defend ourselves we are at the mercy of the robbers and police.
no, you can't defend yourself
You are at the mercy of police and thief
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
bantudra:

that is a tricky wan...in the age of terrorism and militancy,i dont think its a good idea now,to own a weapon,..

you know,our army shooot first before asking questions...

i would ask for advice from the elders and kings.....nigeria is at war!!!..

any nigerian can be mistakingly declared enemy at this time...
so it's when there is peace in the land that you will buy your own gun. I see.
No wonder our country is like this
Populated by cowards
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
alexis:

If you listen to liberal leftist leaning news, then yes - guns are problems in America. I guess so are cars, which kill more people than guns and even alcohol which does more damage than both. If you want to understand the culture and nature of guns in America, read it's constitution.
thank goodness for the nra
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
Dshocker:

Its best you don't own any,cos the day you use it on any arm robber,your life wouldn't be the same anymore.
yeah
Wait so they can rape you and your family
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
alexis:

Catapult has effective range of 200 meters as well, that doesn't mean it is accurate. For example, if you point an AK 74 at a person standing at the end of a 200 meters field, you most likely won't be able to hit them. So, it can have an effective range of 10,000 meters, it doesn't help if you can't hit the target
google what effective range means
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by alexis(m): 2:15am On Sep 03, 2016
mikolo80:
thank goodness for the nra

Thank goodness for the 2nd amendment and the fore-bares and founders on the United States
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by alexis(m): 2:16am On Sep 03, 2016
mikolo80:
google what effective range means

I assume you know little about guns because you are referring to one thing and explaining another.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 3:34am On Sep 03, 2016
alexis:

I assume you know little about guns because you are referring to one thing and explaining another.
how is effective range 2 things
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 3:36am On Sep 03, 2016
alexis:

Thank goodness for the 2nd amendment and the fore-bares and founders on the United States
without the nra the 2nd amendment would be history by now but yes thank goodness for the founding fathers wisdom
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by khadaffi(m): 7:13am On Sep 03, 2016
mikolo80:
Bolt and pump action(at least double barreled) rifles allowed

Are you kidding me? Did you understand what I wrote before you quoted me? In Nigeria citizens are not allowed to own guns. I'm talking about what the constitution allows here. The pump action you mentioned there, as far as govt is concerned, they are issued to hunters. I'm talking about the constitution recognizing the security threat and allowing citizens to own guns for protection not those hunter stuff.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by LorDBolton(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2016
mikolo80:
so what's the difference. You de plan to quarrel with your neighbour

Now dis is a dull reply
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
LorDBolton:

Now dis is a dull reply
said the dullard
If you don't vex your neighbour why will he attack you with cutlass or gun
All I need is a Biro to gut you like a fish
People not inanimate objects kill people
Think before you talk
You go school
Pretend like you learnt something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of New Commissioners/SAs In Akwa Ibom State / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Militants Bomb Oil Installations In Warri, Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.