Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots (35603 Views)

Nigerians Beg To Join EFCC Fund Recovery Unit ( See Tweets ) / "Buhari Pity Us In 2017" - Nigerians Beg Buhari On Twitter [PHOTOS] / Eminent Nigerians beg Buhari: Save Nigeria From Imminent Shutdown - VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by juman(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nonsense.

The two governments she served were failures.

She lacks the knowledge how nigeria can be a great country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by anonimi: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
oduastates:
You collect salary on Friday, take am jolly for Saturday, come dey wonder why you no get money for food on Monday.

Are you talking about the 36 state governors, like AreGbese

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2578022_iweala_jpeg0858fd35c7757170d8155dae6623e1c2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2511031_img22681848099545_jpeg_jpegd0c22199d4d5840b2b430d790dfb113d

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by CioAngels(f): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
Does this make her a saint while with jonathan? No. With jonathan's period she acquired hectareps/acres of land and when she comes to buhari the proposed estate will be built. Abi na world bank money during jonathan? Anyway, smart babe i hail you.
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by anonimi: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
leghagha:
It goes to show most of us don't understand the problem at hand.Will she increase the price of oil to over 100 dollars

That was DullardPoo's promise, not so
Abi that one don cancel also?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186280_buhari2blaugh1_jpegc35d9ea4e30142f9302718e17f58f220

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by aresa: 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
[s]
MrGerald:
online warrior, who condemned them? talking when you meet them in real life na you'll shiver
[/s]

Nonsense...
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by ibedun: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
The same nonentity (NOI) who took us to the cleaners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Oblang(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

lol.... just look at how dumb you are. the past government borrowed to pay salary because at that time, the budget was yet to be signed. Go borrow some brain sir.

Numb skull.. Budget yet to be signed hence the need to borrow...
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by theophorus(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
...From their comment you can define them and evaluate their level of Understanding...

Someone served as the Coordinator of your Economy for almost 5years and after claiming your Economy is the Best in less than 1year your Economy is falling into recession.

NB:You can only build when there is foundation.

Anyone who understand the Principles for real growth will appreciate what is Happening in this Country now... As you can now grow your REAL Business...

Not those buy and sell but REAL production.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Oblang(m): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ogbobesinachi:
The voice of human is voice of God

And u categorize Igbos as human?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by emmykk(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrsjqTE_p8

The useless woman is now telling us how worthless and incompetent she was and how they failed to prevent the economic calamity they left behind..

This is the same lazy and incompetent woman who was borrowing billions to pay salary when oil was selling for $80

This is the same good for nothing woman who in 2018 told us to get ready for austerity and suffering when oil was selling for $80.

So, exactly what is she going to do now that oil is selling for $30-40? Sell Nigeria to pay salary...

Igbos and their evil prayers sha.. no wonder they are doomed and condemned people...
GEJ subsidize fuel so that you get it cheap when the increased fuel price there was sure-p to account for the excess money rrom the subsizied fuel.

now PMB Is not subsidizing any thing...that huge money spent on fuel for us to get it cheap is with him.what iw he doing with the money?

now you are justifying buhari with 39$ fuel price..when the fuel was expensive you benefited in form or cheap fuel and services.

if you are not smiling and dieing since 1956 the oil was expensive,has any president call you to collect.whem it will unctease now will you be called to collect.stop dieing in foolishness

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by emmykk(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

The useless woman is now telling us how worthless and incompetent she was and how they failed to prevent the economic calamity they left behind..

This is the same lazy and incompetent woman who was borrowing billions to pay salary when oil was selling for $80

This is the same good for nothing woman who in 2018 told us to get ready for austerity and suffering when oil was selling for $80.

So, exactly what is she going to do now that oil is selling for $30-40? Sell Nigeria to pay salary...

Igbos and their evil prayers sha.. no wonder they are doomed and condemned people...

GEJ subsidize fuel so that you get it cheap.when the fuel price was increased there was sure-p to account for the excess money from the subsizied fuel.

now PMB Is not subsidizing any thing...that huge money previously spent on fuel for us to get it cheap is with him.what is he doing with that money?

now you are justifying buhari with 39$ fuel price..when the fuel was expensive you benefited in form or cheap fuel and services.

if you are not smiling and dieing since 1956 the oil was expensive,has any president call you to come and collect oil good price money?.when it will increase now will you be called to collect.stop dieing in foolishnessnnnnm

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by MamaletASO: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
World bank puppet.. She was never better..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by emmykk(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Very ignorant and unintelligent rambling...

In the video, the woman clearly stated how incompetent and jona was to save us and our economy and these jokers are sitting here spewing irrelevant garbage.

Ok shut up and move on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by DrLee(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

I didn't want to comment but I've been seeing your posts for a while and your level of hatred is alarming. Pls learn to reduce that.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by pepigeorge(m): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
APC came to steal, kill and destroy. ... John 10:10

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by uwagimboo: 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
PentiumPro:
Brain dead biafrans grin

its only brain dead parents that can give birth to that thing on ur profile pinshure....

ezi ohia..

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
It's comments like the ones here that tend to support the claim by some white men that the IQ of an average blackman is low -- maybe they're right. Imagine some silly comments here; NOI should rescue the Nigerian economy?!

Wasn't she part of the looters that brought about this mess we're in now? During the last dispensation, NOI, Jonathan and their cohorts went about their thievery business with brazen impunity. At a period when they should have saved enough revenue for rainy days, they plundered huge funds on their selfish schemes. Now their unpatriotic acts have sounded the death knell on the Nigerian economy, and some nitwits still want them to continue with governance. And we want this administration to perform magic within a period less than two years.

I detest the fact that I share the same nationality with some ignorant folks on this forum, who lack critical thinking and don't read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by maigemuu: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nairalanders make una ten chilaxoquine to cool una temper. 2019 is fast loading and the dollar increases geometrically against the naira. It's obvious the APC and PDP have no solutions to the ailing economy. Every thing is now at its lowest ebb. It marvels me daily when naira crashes daily and it is always reported as the lowest in years.

Common $1 cost of a candy would a whole family in Nigeria with leftover.

If you ask government in power na so so rhetorics you go hear. "The previous government spoilt things". Some nairalanders go say give the government more time to get it back when it is obvious they have no answer to the failing economy.

I read where the minister of finance used the word " technically in recession" to "technically admit guilt".

Politics in Nigeria has suddenly turned politricks with several families living in abject poverty.

I don't know what the achievement of the govt has been till date not even with the CBN changing goal post daily trying all sorts as if " IFA priest " were asking "IFA".

2019 is still 3years away and I Wonder what would become of the naira.

What grieves me most is when a client calls to buy uncompleted buildings in Lagos from abroad because of the wide gap.

Ah... OMA se o...

Naija... My country!
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by slawali: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
I thounght the topic says some nigerians but checking those ppl on the facebook are just jobless hypocracy from 5/100 in nigeria. In fact as Nigeria is concerned today their opinion is irrelivant to us.
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by shegz24(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
I wonder how some Nigerians they reason at times, we still trying to fix the rubbish she did for years that forced even OBJ to sack her, before GEJ foolishly re-signed her.
Now u want her to return like the economy was rosy when she was there.
It's almost like they are slaves that love their chains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
maigemuu:
Nairalanders make una ten chilaxoquine to cool una temper. 2019 is fast loading and the dollar increases geometrically against the naira. It's obvious the APC and PDP have no solutions to the ailing economy. Every thing is now at its lowest ebb. It marvels me daily when naira crashes daily and it is always reported as the lowest in years.

Common $1 cost of a candy would a whole family in Nigeria with leftover.

If you ask government in power na so so rhetorics you go hear. "The previous government spoilt things". Some nairalanders go say give the government more time to get it back when it is obvious they have no answer to the failing economy.

I read where the minister of finance used the word " technically in recession" to "technically admit guilt".

Politics in Nigeria has suddenly turned politricks with several families living in abject poverty.

I don't know what the achievement of the govt has been till date not even with the CBN changing goal post daily trying all sorts as if " IFA priest " were asking "IFA".

2019 is still 3years away and I Wonder what would become of the naira.

What grieves me most is when a client calls to buy uncompleted buildings in Lagos from abroad because of the wide gap.

Ah... OMA se o...

Naija... My country!
We, Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders we have. We politicize every issue, focus on petty ideas bordering on ethnic and religious differences.

We will only witness a real change when we can focus on germane issues, not all these APC-PDP or Muslim-Christian debates.
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
This woman has been minister of finance twice in Nigeria what did she do to save us then, plz lemme see better news, to my she's just over hype, we need new patriotic citizens to govern this country not all this overhype useless people.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Zico5(m): 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Real2020:
Ahithophels aka afonjas wanted Kemi there as their own Iweala not minding she is not qualified...always dragging feet, fingers and phallic symbols with Igbos as if Igbos are their mate. You see them in Biaffran Invention thread doing the same. The kind of insults Igbos have received in this country cannot be expressed enough. The irony of all these is Igbos want to be left alone in their own country, these afonjas refused, they hide under One Nigeria...uneven playing field and marginalization, and propaganda to drag feet with Igbos.
Mumu, u are not yoruba mate and u want to die in their land. U are not yoruba mate and the whole of ur region is just an equivalent of oyo state. U are not yoruba mate yet non of yoruba could dwell or live in ur region for there is no basic things of life there. U are no yoruba mate yet yoruba sent ur godfather Gej packing. My brother u need deliverance o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Zico5(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Real2020:
Ahithophels aka afonjas wanted Kemi there as their own Iweala not minding she is not qualified...always dragging feet, fingers and phallic symbols with Igbos as if Igbos are their mate. You see them in Biaffran Invention thread doing the same. The kind of insults Igbos have received in this country cannot be expressed enough. The irony of all these is Igbos want to be left alone in their own country, these afonjas refused, they hide under One Nigeria...uneven playing field and marginalization, and propaganda to drag feet with Igbos.
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Orikinla(m): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
[size=14pt]My sister in-law NOI will only laugh at them for their ignorance of the global recession faced by many countries in the world and Nigeria is even managing hers well.
Federal Government of Nigeria is paying the salaries of FG civil servants. What former President Goodluck Jonathan failed to do and was still owing arrears of civil servants salaries till losing the 2015 presidential election.

Calling NOI to intervene exposes the high level of stu-pidity of these childish and foolish Nigerians.

What next for Nigeria’s economy? Navigating the rocky road ahead PwC’s economic scenarios for 2015-2016.
GDP growth
We expect that the Nigerian economy will continue to grow,
even if oil prices fall to $35/bbl and average just $45/bbl this year. A large services and agriculture sector has developed
independently of the oil sector, and this should help to
insulate the real economy from a downturn in oil prices.
However, we expect that a deterioration of the political and
security landscape could unnerve investors and tip the
country into recession. If a ‘medium’ political shock occurs
against the backdrop of a severe oil price
scenario
Nigeria’s
economy could see zero growth or even contract by in 2015
and again in 2016.
Exchange
rate
If the oil price continues to stabilise, we consider that the
CBN’s recent adjustment of the exchange rate regime will be
sufficient to ease pressure on the Naira in 2015. If oil prices
deteriorate further, we expect that a further c.10%
devaluation of the Naira will be necessary in 2015. When
combined with capital flight from a political or security shock,
we expect the Naira may need to fall by a third against the
USD by the end of 2015, matching the extent of the
devaluation expected by the futures market at the height of
the pre-election volatility in February.

https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/assets/pdf/economy-watch-may-2015.pdf

IMF World Economic Outlook (WEO) Update, January 2016:

www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2016/update/01/
The oil price decline has had a notable impact on investment in oil and gas extraction, ... Global growth is projected at 3.4 percent in 2016 and 3.6 percent in 2017. ... This reflects the recession in Brazil and other countries in economic distress.

Countries in recession: in pictures
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9160633/Countries-in-recession-in-pictures.html

[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by Uricas(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
general111:
I don't know what Jonathan did but I was enjoying my life during his tenure.but buhari's tenure has being hell on earth.if bringing iweala back will help revamp the economy. then let's do it.
lol. You were enjoying your life when you were supposed to voice out. You alre need to enjoy this situation too because it's the repercussion of you nonchalant attitude.
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by nwoye72: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
why nigerian s so much want these old leaders back? we are talking of new generation leaders. lots of nigerians experts overseas who can handle this country. pls and pls we don't need them again
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by leghagha: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
cstr15:
She cannot improve price of oil, true. But she has the pedigree and the global clout to attract much needed FDI and dollars in the country and assure them of long term gains.
Nigeria needs solid investments. We were the third largest in the world under iweala, now it is not even in Africa's top 10 destinations for real investments.
It is no longer a question of oil.
u got some point
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by bilazego(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:
When Igbos become Nigerians?

Jobless mofos..

Mugabe, there's no repentance in the grave! stop hating now that you have the opportunity. a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots by bilazego(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Mylove55:
the same sinking ship ur ineffectual buffoon madam put us. i understand ipod have flat heads to reason

Block head its your turn to show us your prowess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"The Five Presidents Of Nigeria" / NNPC Doesn’t Know All Its Bank Accounts, Says Buhari / Governors Forum Gave A Card To Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.