Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312616 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by angelo5uk(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2010
Guys Please, my cousin just gained admission to study at Robert Gordon Unversity and hes has recieved his CAS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT iv been looking for the student visa application form but cant get any, the ones i saw are for student presently in the UK, where do i get the from guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:22am On May 24, 2010
angelo5uk:

Guys Please, my cousin just gained admission to study at Robert Gordon Unversity and hes has recieved his CAS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT iv been looking for the student visa application form but cant get any, the ones i saw are for student presently in the UK, where do i get the from guys

Have a look at this link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf3a

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 4:38pm On May 24, 2010
@ justwise- Hi, I am planning to apply for a student visa in July. I got admission using my statement of degree result and transcript. Can I use the statement of degree result to apply for the visa or would only degree certificates be accepted? Thanks for your advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2010
giggsy:

@ justwise- Hi, I am planning to apply for a student visa in July. I got admission using my statement of degree result and transcript. Can I use the statement of degree result to apply for the visa or would only degree certificates be accepted? Thanks for your advice.

You need to use those 2 documents u used in getting the admission for the visa application.

Good luck, by way, which school is that? If you don't mind me asking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 8:24am On May 25, 2010
@ justwise- Thanks for your prompt response. Its the University of Hull.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2010
giggsy:

@ justwise- Thanks for your prompt response. Its the University of Hull.

Oh ok, its a good university and Hull is not a bad place to live too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 10:14am On May 25, 2010
Hi Justwise,
Pls I'd like to knw ur opinion on University of Glasgow nd d city itself.

Then when do u tink I shuld apply for my student visa.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2010
likeithot:

Hi Justwise,
Pls I'd like to knw your opinion on University of Glasgow nd d city itself.

Then when do u tink I shuld apply for my student visa.

Thanks

Glasgow university is very good, ranked well as well(19 in the uk), i don't know about the city but from what i have heard, its a nice place to live or study.

Applying by July will be ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by obalukan: 2:00pm On May 25, 2010
pls any body that know low tution fee school in uk pls let me know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2010
obalukan:

pls any body that know low tution fee school in uk pls let me know.

For degree, masters or diploma?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by obalukan: 2:29pm On May 25, 2010
for diploma and degree thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2010
obalukan:

for diploma and degree thanks

How much are u budgeting for the fees? diploma or degree
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by obalukan: 2:48pm On May 25, 2010
like ik ponds for diploma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by obalukan: 2:51pm On May 25, 2010
1,000 pounds for diploma thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2010
obalukan:

1,000 pounds for diploma thanks

You can't get that even with certificate course. Diploma here will cost you from £4000 up depending on the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 4:07pm On May 25, 2010
@Justwise:
Thanks for the response the other day. I have now moved the money from fixed deposit to my savings account, splitted into four and deposited same day, I hope this doesnt matter at all.

Secondly please kindly clarify this issue: Is it compulsory for me to show tax clearance certificate as part of my supporting documents for the student visa? if No, then what will I need to show as the source of where I got the maintenance fee from
Would appreciate your response

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2010
tyolsgirl:

@Justwise:
Thanks for the response the other day. I have now moved the money from fixed deposit to my savings account, splitted into four and deposited same day, I hope this doesnt matter at all.Secondly please kindly clarify this issue: Is it compulsory for me to show tax clearance certificate as part of my supporting documents for the student visa? if No, then what will I need to show as the source of where I got the maintenance fee from
Would appreciate your responseThanks
You shouldn't have deposited it that way, that will raise suspicion, like i told u b4, since u still have about 3months left b4 applying for visa, u should have paid it in every 2weeks or every month.

For tax clearance certificate issue, its always good to provide evidence of source of income, either payslip + bank statement or the
tax clearance certificate, you need to convice they that you did not just borrow the money just for the visa and when the visa is issued you return the money. BHC knows that u don't work, somebody is sponsoring you and they want to know if that person is capable of doing that and have steady/genuine source of income.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by xtrix: 9:04am On May 26, 2010
i am thinking of paying half of my fees to holborn college which is £2500, but will the remaining £2500 and £5400 be in my account for 28 days .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:17am On May 26, 2010
x trix:

i am thinking of paying half of my fees to holborn college which is £2500, but will the remaining £2500 and £5400 be in my account for 28 days .

There is nothing wrong with that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by stone4rock(m): 11:15am On May 26, 2010
Hi every1,

Before now the maintenance fee one is meant to have was 7,200pound, i was reading an article from a registered sponsor suggesting that their prospective student should have the sum of 9,600pounds as their maintenance fee using the calculation of 800pounds per month multiplied by 1year.

wot do ya think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:30am On May 26, 2010
stone4rock:

Hi every1,

Before now the maintenance fee one is meant to have was 7,200pound, i was reading an article from a registered sponsor suggesting that their prospective student should have the sum of 9,600pounds as their maintenance fee using the calculation of 800pounds per month multiplied by 1year.
wot do ya think?

I don't know where that registered sponsor got that figure from. maintenance fee for london is £7200 for a yr and outside london is £5400.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by stone4rock(m): 1:31pm On May 26, 2010
@justwise thanks jo,

Am an immigration lawyer and i have a serious problem selecting a uni/col for my clients, cos they are willing to part with little money as initial deposit infact the least deposit i have seen is 1,500pounds have you seen any1 lesser?

Dont you think a married person applying for a student visa should submit a marriage certificate has proof?

1luv
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2010
stone4rock:

@justwise thanks jo,

Am an immigration lawyer and i have a serious problem selecting a uni/col for my clients, cos they are willing to part with little money as initial deposit infact the least deposit i have seen is 1,500pounds have you seen any1 lesser?
Dont you think a married person applying for a student visa should submit a marriage certificate has proof?
1luv

The school set the deposit to be paid, its up to the applicant to pay more but not less.

Yes if she clamined to be married then marriage certificate is a proof.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 9:25pm On May 27, 2010
Hi Justwise, please i'd like to ask what you mean by

You shouldn't have deposited it that way, that will raise suspision, like i told b4, since u still have about 3months for applying for visa, u should have paid it in every 2weeks or every month.

For tax clearance certificate issue, its always good to provide evidence of source of income, either payslip + bank statement or the
tax clearance certificate, you need to convice they that you did not just borrow the money just for the visa and when the visa is issued you return the money. BHC knows that u don't work, somebody is sponsoring you and they want to know if that person is capable of doing that and have steady/genuine source of income.

this is because i intend to do the same. Why i'm asking is because the Teir4 guidance states that the required money should be held in your personal as it applies to individual for a period of 28days consecutive ending no more than one month before application is made. So this end, i feel when one is to print the statement he'she would only print a maximum of one month.

Will it be possible to avoid showing how the deposits were made in such a scenrio?

I'd like to also ask, that a friend studied business education(BSC ed) but on her CAS, it was just written BSC hope it won't affect her application when she tenders her application.

my first time here, pls answer appropriately. thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:45am On May 28, 2010
humblemoi:

Hi Justwise, please i'd like to ask what you mean by
this is because i intend to do the same. Why i'm asking is because the Teir4 guidance states that the required money should be held in your personal as it applies to individual for a period of 28days consecutive ending no more than one month before application is made. So this end, i feel when one is to print the statement he'she would only print a maximum of one month.
Will it be possible to avoid showing how the deposits were made in such a scenrio?
I'd like to also ask, that a friend studied business education(BSC ed) but on her CAS, it was just written BSC hope it won't affect her application when she tenders her application.my first time here, pls answer appropriately. thank you!
Yes, there is nothing wrong with depositing the money in your personal account, but deposite the money sensibly, when you make 4 huge deposites totaling N4m a day, it looks suspicious.

You can't print bank statement without showing how the money were deposited, activities in that account , don't just print the bank balance, ALL the bank details should be shown in the print out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 8:48am On May 28, 2010
@ Justwise, thnks a great deal. Your explanation was very helpful. I got a mail from the Institution telling me that i should just print a one month bank statement and not bother about the previous month at which the deposits where made or i should just print along the last date at which the deposit was made. Thanks anyway, I'll find a way to go about it.

But you didn't attend to my second question as regards the University certificate for my friend. She was awarded a degree in Business Education and it was written as Bachelor of Science (Education) but on her CAS it was only stated as Bachelor of science , BSc.

Would this in anyway that affect her application when the time comes?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2010
humblemoi:

@ Justwise, thnks a great deal. Your explanation was very helpful. I got a mail from the Institution telling me that i should just print a one month bank statement and not bother about the previous month at which the deposits where made or i should just print along the last date at which the deposit was made. Thanks anyway, I'll find a way to go about it.
But you didn't attend to my second question as regards the University certificate for my friend. She was awarded a degree in Business Education and it was written as Bachelor of Science (Education) but on her CAS it was only stated as Bachelor of science , BSc.
Would this in anyway that affect her application when the time comes?

The school is right, all you need to print is one month bank statement (the 28days) all the activites in that bank account within that 28days should be shown.

For your second question. . it will not affect the out come, all the documents she used when she applied for the course, should also be used for her visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jikings(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2010
I have applied for UK student visa in 2006 and was denied cus I had insufficeint funds in the account. I'm about to apply again this year cus I have all the cash i need sitting for the last 28 days as required. If i declare that I have been refused a student visa before is that going to affect my chances of getting the visa this time around? House pls advise I'm about to submit my application soon so I need to do the right thing. Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by duality(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2010
@justwise, you've been doing a great job here and obviously, thats greatness. please from ur wealth of knowledge, exposure and experience could you suggest a GOOD school where i can study applied instrumentation. or an instrumentation course in the uk at M sc level. thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:46am On May 29, 2010
jikings:

I have applied for UK student visa in 2006 and was denied cus I had insufficeint funds in the account. I'm about to apply again this year cus I have all the cash i need sitting for the last 28 days as required. If i declare that I have been refused a student visa before is that going to affect my chances of getting the visa this time around? House pls advise I'm about to submit my application soon so I need to do the right thing. Thanks!

Go ahead and apply, that will not affect ur chances of getting it this time around as long as you meet all the requirements. Its always good to be honest, remember that they may still have your record, so even if u don't tell them, they will find out and that will count against you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:00am On May 29, 2010
duality:

@justwise, you've been doing a great job here and obviously, thats greatness. please from your wealth of knowledge, exposure and experience could you suggest a GOOD school where i can study applied instrumentation. or an instrumentation course in the uk at M sc level. thanks.

Have a look at these universities: http://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/courses/applied-instrumentation-and-control-8363.php (Glasgow Caledonian University)
http://www.eee.manchester.ac.uk/research/groups/sisp/postgraduate/taught/(The University of Manchester)

http://www2.hud.ac.uk/courses/postgrad/00000757.php (University of Huddersfield)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by duality(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2010
justwise:

Have a look at these universities: http://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/courses/applied-instrumentation-and-control-8363.php (Glasgow Caledonian University)
http://www.eee.manchester.ac.uk/research/groups/sisp/postgraduate/taught/(The University of Manchester)

http://www2.hud.ac.uk/courses/postgrad/00000757.php (University of Huddersfield)

thanks Justwise, I'm working on those links. i am looking at Glasgow and and Huddersfield. i like their modules . don't quiet understand that of Manchester. though it ranks higher. so if i choose Glasgow hope i;m making a good choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.