Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312507 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 12:42am On May 30, 2010
@ justwise,
Pls I need some clarification on Laminated Certicificate, is it applicabe to Birth Certificate alone or other certificates especially Degree and O level Certificate?
Secondly, my brother is the one to deposit the money I need for my studies into my account but due to the fact that he dosnot like moving huge some of money about, he has been transferring the money online from his acct to mine but based on his bank online system he can only transfer 400k per day with a maximum of 200k at a go. Do u think this will not raise any question or suspicion? Lastly, do I need to show my Birth certficate eventhough I'm not being sponsored by my parents. Waiting to read from u. God Bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:02am On May 30, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@ justwise,Pls I need some clarification on Laminated Certicificate, is it applicabe to Birth Certificate alone or other certificates especially Degree and O level Certificate? Secondly, my brother is the one to deposit the money I need for my studies into my account but due to the fact that he dosnot like moving huge some of money about, he has been transferring the money online from his acct to mine but based on his bank online system he can only transfer 400k per day with a maximum of 200k at a go. Do u think this will not raise any question or suspicion? Lastly, do I need to show my Birth certficate eventhough I'm not being sponsored by my parents. Waiting to read from u. God Bless
1=BHC has issues with any laminated document, so avoid submitting laminated document.

2=Moving huge sum of money within a short period of time is not a good idea, its always good to move sensibly, why not withdraw the money and pay it into ur account gradually? You can pay it in every 2weeks or 3weeks.

3=Your sponsor must share the same family name with you, your brother should given you sponsor letter + evidence of his source of income. That will convince the BHC that he is capable of sponsoring you throughout ur studies in the UK. Having the whole money is not enough cos chance are that money could be withdrawn as soon as the visa is issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 2:07am On May 30, 2010
@ justwise,Pls I need some clarification on Laminated Certicificate, is it applicabe to Birth Certificate alone or other certificates especially Degree and O level Certificate? Secondly, my brother is the one to deposit the money I need for my studies into my account but due to the fact that he dosnot like moving huge some of money about, he has been transferring the money online from his acct to mine but based on his bank online system he can only transfer 400k per day with a maximum of 200k at a go. Do u think this will not raise any question or suspicion? Lastly, do I need to show my Birth certficate eventhough I'm not being sponsored by my parents. Waiting to read from u. God Bless
1=BHC has issues with any laminated document, so avoid submitting laminated document.

2=Moving huge sum of money within a short period of time is not a good idea, its always good to move sensibly, why not withdraw the money and pay it into your account gradually? You can pay it in every 2weeks or 3weeks.

3=Your sponsor must share the same family name with you, your brother should given you sponsor letter + evidence of his source of income. That will convince the BHC that he is capable of sponsoring you throughout your studies in the UK. Having the whole money is not enough cos chance are that money could be withdrawn as soon as the visa is issued.

[size=8pt][size=8pt]
@ Baba Ibada,
Aside the submission of laminated documents, make sure u make photocopies of all your documents and submit the photocopies NOT originals unless you are asked specifically by the person you meet the day u go to the visa centre, this is because they usually don't return the documents you give them, but carry your originals along and they will compare with the photocopies but unless otherwise asked, don't submit your originals.
All the best in your pursuit.
[/size][/size]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 10:52am On May 30, 2010
@justwise and nat138
Thanks for ur responses but "unfortunately" my certificates are all laminated and I'm not sure they will not get torn if i attempt to cut the lamination, so I'm a bit confused on this.
Secondly, I have only my First Degree Certificate stated on my CAS letter as the educational document required, can I still submit my O level cert too though not included. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:43pm On May 30, 2010
Baba Ibada,
Well since all your documents are laminated, then there is nothing you can do about that, u just ve to take them like that because you can't risk trying to remove the laminatiion, the documents will tear.

only use the documents stated in your cas letter because it was based on that that the admission was given.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by agegeboy: 11:52am On May 31, 2010
The money must be held in either your account or your parent's account. It cannot be held in anyone else's name, be they either a relative or friend. If you are submitting your parent's accounts you must also include your birth certificate and a letter from your parents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by temmym3(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2010
Guys. Pls i asked this question once in the forum but i couldnt get a specific answer. I ll be using my own account for the visa application and the money will be deposited by my dad's friend. My chances of gettin a visa may be jeopardized if i use my dad directly in terms of source of funds. What do i do, Am confused. It is a must for me to start process now pls. What do i do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2010
@temmym3,
I found out from a friend who travelled to the UK as a student in January that the UKBA doesnt really bother about the source of the money in your account like it used to be in the past. All u need do is to ensure that the money span 28 dayz in ur personal account and have all ur documents genuine and ready. So entertain no fear about ur Dad's friend depositing money into ur account. I hope this helps a bit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:23am On Jun 01, 2010
temmym3:

Guys. Pls i asked this question once in the forum but i couldnt get a specific answer. I ll be using my own account for the visa application and the money will be deposited by my dad's friend. My chances of gettin a visa may be jeopardized if i use my dad directly in terms of source of funds. What do i do, Am confused. It is a must for me to start process now pls. What do i do.

I think i answered your question then, I'm afraid, the only person who can sponsor you is a person who shares the same family name with you.eg. ur brother, sister, uncle, dady&mum, etc. Source of income does matter, your sponsor needs to give you sponsor's letter and evidence of his source of income.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/evidence/money/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2010
@ Justwise,
Good to have u arround and more power to ur elbow coz u're doing a great job. Pls how easy do u think it is to start a Phd Programme immediately after M.Sc or do I have to come to Nigeria and make a fresh application for Phd program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2010
justwise:

I think i answered your question then, I'm afraid, the only person who can sponsor you is a person who shares the same family name with you.eg. your brother, sister, uncle, dady&mum, etc. Source of income does matter, your sponsor needs to give you sponsor's letter and evidence of his source of income.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/evidence/money/

Hello Justwise. I went through this link you just posted and from all indications, I could see that once the funds are held in the students personal account, it is not necessary to show the source of the funds. I think those required to show source of funds are legal guardians or parents or when the funds are not held in the students account.
The guy who asked that question stated that, his dad's friend will be depositing the money in his account right? Okay if the money will be in his account for 28 days, does he still need to show additional source of funds? Please kindly clarify this,

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by temmym3(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
@BABAIBADA, Thanks alot brov. A friend also told me that too but i just want to be sure wella
@TASOLSGAL, As if u know what next am gonna say, JUSTWISE please what do you think of that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by temmym3(m): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
@BABAIBADA, Thanks alot brov. A friend also told me that too but i just want to be sure wella
@TYOLSGAL, As if u know what next am gonna say, JUSTWISE please what do you think of that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2010
temmym3:

@TASOLSGAL, As if u know what next am gonna say, JUSTWISE please what do you think of that?

Please can i just point out here that i'm not in any way trying to scare anybody about the whole money issue or discourage anybody.

If you are using money held by your parent(s) or legal guardian
Close
If a student is relying on money held by your parents(s) or legal guardian, you must show that you are related to your parent(s) or legal guardian. You must provide:
your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s); or
your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; or
a court document naming your legal guardian.
You must provide the original legal document or a notarised copy.

You must also show that your parent(s) or legal guardian have given their permission for you to use this money. To do this, you must provide a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian confirming:

your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian; and
their permission for you to use their funds to study in the UK.

If you don't work and you are relying on your parents or a relative then BHC would want to know if your sponsor has a good source of income to see you through your studying time in the UK.
If your sponsor shows things like good bank account, payslip or anyother good source of income then that will convice the BHC that u did not just borrow that money for the suppose of visa application and will return it as soon as the visa is issued.

I'm telling you what i did and many pple here did and was given a visa without an interview or delay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@ Justwise,
Good to have u arround and more power to your elbow coz u're doing a great job. Pls how easy do u think it is to start a Phd Programme immediately after M.Sc or do I have to come to Nigeria and make a fresh application for Phd program?

It doesn't take much time, as soon as you get an university that accepts ur area of research then you can start processing the application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2010
justwise:

Please can i just point out here that i'm not in any way trying to scare anybody about the whole money issue or discourage anybody.

If you are using money held by your parent(s) or legal guardian
Close
If a student is relying on money held by your parents(s) or legal guardian, you must show that you are related to your parent(s) or legal guardian. You must provide:
your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s); or
your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; or
a court document naming your legal guardian.
You must provide the original legal document or a notarised copy.

You must also show that your parent(s) or legal guardian have given their permission for you to use this money. To do this, you must provide a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian confirming:

your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian; and
their permission for you to use their funds to study in the UK.

If you don't work and you are relying on your parents or a relative then BHC would want to know if your sponsor has a good source of income to see you through your studying time in the UK.
If your sponsor shows things like good bank account, payslip or anyother good source of income then that will convice the BHC that u did not just borrow that money for the suppose of visa application and will return it as soon as the visa is issued.

I'm telling you what i did and many pple here did and was given a visa without an interview or delay

Thanks that was really helpful. I dont think you are trying to scare me or anyone here, but I think its always better to seek good clarification of issues you see or read, so there wont be problems.
You are doing a great job here, keep it up, I hope I'll be able to give back what av learnt to others who might be in my shoes later on (Just like you), smiley

I need you to clarify this for me please. If I am using a sponsor who is self employed and doesn't have a tax clearance certificate, what documents do you think I might submit as regards this. What came to my mind while I was reading the link you posted was statement of accounts, but I think this will only be necessary if the money will be in the sponsor's account. But where the money is now in my own account, what additional documents do you think I can submit for this, or am I supposed to submit two types of accounts??
Thanks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Thanks that was really helpful. I dont think you are trying to scare me or anyone here, but I think its always better to seek good clarification of issues you see or read, so there wont be problems.
You are doing a great job here, keep it up, I hope I'll be able to give back what av learnt to others who might be in my shoes later on (Just like you), smiley
I need you to clarify this for me please. If I am using a sponsor who is self employed and doesn't have a[b] tax clearance certificate[/b], what documents do you think I might submit as regards this. What came to my mind while I was reading the link you posted was statement of accounts, but I think this will only be necessary if the money will be in the sponsor's account. But where the money is now in my own account, what additional documents do you think I can submit for this, or am I supposed to submit two types of accounts??
Thanks,
Bank statement will do, the BHC will not only look at the bank balance but also the income per month or year. He should give you his active account that shows his incomes, if his account shows that he is capable of sponsoring you then that is what matters. Remember that he also need to give you a letter to reinforce his committment to sponsor you through out your studies in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
justwise:

Bank statement will do, the BHC will not only look at the bank balance but also the income per month or year. He should give you his active account that shows his incomes, if his account shows that he is capable of sponsoring you then that is what matters. Remember that he also need to give you a letter to reinforce his committment to sponsor you through out your studies in the UK

Ok thanks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Ok thanks,

You are welcome, don't panic abt anything, just take ur time and go through all the requirements.

You can do it, don't leave it to last minute rush.

I really wish you the very best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joyceonome: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2010
Hello house please I would like your advice. I was refused a Visitor Visa to the UK on 26th February 2008 and the reason for the refusal was that the letter from my sponsor's employer confirming her employment status in Nigeria was written on a document with a SCANNED LETTERHEAD.

I would like to know if this means that I have been banned for ten years because I intend to apply for a PBS Tier 4 Student Visa in August.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2010
joyceonome:

Hello house please I would like your advice. I was refused a Visitor Visa to the UK on 26th February 2008 and the reason for the refusal was that the letter from my sponsor's employer confirming her employment status in Nigeria was written on a document with a SCANNED LETTERHEAD.

I would like to know if this means that I have been banned for ten years because I intend to apply for a PBS Tier 4 Student Visa in August.

I don't think so, for the fact the the letter was written on a paper with a scanned letterhead does not mean that the content is false or the company doesn't exist.
Go ahead and apply for the student visa but make sure that all your documents are original, don't give them any room to suspect any document you submitted.

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kunbizzle: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
pls i wud like to find out if the maintenance funds that is 5400 pounds have to be in naira,cos i ave mine in pounds.urgent response pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
kunbizzle:

pls i wud like to find out if the maintenance funds that is 5400 pounds have to be in naira,cos i ave mine in pounds.urgent response pls.

Is the money in Domicillary account? Nothing bad in having it in £s
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kunbizzle: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2010
i have it in GTB domicillary acct.hopin to apply next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
kunbizzle:

i have it in GTB domicillary acct.hopin to apply next week.

Thats ok then. Make sure that the school is registered with HomeOffice as well. Don't be a victim of bogus colleges here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kunbizzle: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
am going to middlesex university,going for international human resources and emplyment resources for masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
kunbizzle:

am going to middlesex university,going for international human resources and emplyment resources for masters.

Ok, good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biometrix: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
Thanks for all your help in here, what if my sponsor wants to present the bank statement, do i need to hold the cash in my account still for 28days? If yes, that means i have to present two bank statements if the cash is paid into my account lets say today and i wish to apply in 28 days time, right Just asking though, some pple get a bank statement that is specially prepared for this purpose and doctored by a bank staff by run AN APPLICATION, HOW COME THEY DONT GET CAUGHT?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:36am On Jun 05, 2010
biometrix:

Thanks for all your help in here, what if my sponsor wants to present the bank statement, do i need to hold the cash in my account still for 28days? If yes, that means i have to present two bank statements if the cash is paid into my account lets say today and i wish to apply in 28 days time, right Just asking though, some pple get a bank statement that is specially prepared for this purpose and doctored by a bank staff by run AN APPLICATION, HOW COME THEY DONT GET CAUGHT?

I guess u have made up ur mind on how to go about it, i can only wish u the best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2010
hello my people,
am new in this site, pls,kindly enlighten me on when and how to apply for uk student visa, can some one help me list the requirement, my dad can put like 1.6m in my acc and i want to do a diploma course for the september addmission,
thanks.,ply reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2010
A friend of mine want to apply for uk student visa last yr december/january admission, he has all the documents from sch and didnt apply for one reason or the other, can he still use those offer letters etc for september admisssion, i need your reply guyz,
                                          thanks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
saddor:

A friend of mine want to apply for uk student visa last yr december/january admission, he has all the documents from sch and didnt apply for one reason or the other, can he still use those offer letters etc for september admisssion, i need your reply guyz,
thanks,

@ Saddor,
Your friend cannot use those same documents for the visa application, did your friend contact the school when he wasn't able to start in January? if he did, all he has to do now is to let the school know he is ready to start the programme in Sept, the school will send him another admission letter and a CAS number, because am sure when he applied earlier, it was a visa letter the school sent to him. They system is changed now and he therefore cannot use that visa letter, he has to get a CAS number from the school. Let him get in touch with the school immediately so they can sort all these out, it does not take long for a CAS number to be issued to him. Hope this helps, but you can always ask for more clarifications.
Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.