Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,114 members, 7,845,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312496 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2010
sparta 1:

Because i have the information that would transform their lives and those of the generations coming after them.

Indeed. sparta 1 name that university. How hard is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sparta1: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431915.0.html
looking for a cheap education abroad (USA) then click on the above link.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sparta1: 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2010
tuition is only $5,400 per yr.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2010
sparta 1:

looking for a cheap education abroad (USA) then click on the above link.

Which university in USA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2010
sparta 1:

tuition is only $5,400 per yr.

Name that university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by guzylove(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2010
@justwise and rest of house. This new register by the UKBA, ''HIGHLY TRUSTED SPONSOR'' that they say only those schools on that list can sponsor NQF level 3 or certificate students to the uk. What do you think. almost all the schools are not on that new list.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sparta1: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2010
@guzylove,why look for a cheap college in UK when you can study with $5,400 in an American university.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:50am On Apr 18, 2010
sparta 1:

@guzylove,why look for a cheap college in UK when you can study with $5,400 in an American university.

You are just after their money, there is no university that charges that little.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by guzylove(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2010
@ justwise and aparta 1. you guys didnt see my post. this is what i wrote: ''This new register by the UKBA, ''HIGHLY TRUSTED SPONSOR'' that they say only those schools on that list can sponsor NQF level 3 or certificate students to the uk. What do you think. almost all the schools are not on that new list. Pls anyone with useful info should help out here. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:37am On Apr 18, 2010
guzylove:

@ justwise and aparta 1. you guys didnt see my post. this is what i wrote: ''This new register by the UKBA, ''HIGHLY TRUSTED SPONSOR'' that they say only those schools on that list can sponsor NQF level 3 or certificate students to the uk. What do you think. almost all the schools are not on that new list. Pls anyone with useful info should help out here. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Yes the ''HIGHLY TRUSTED SPONSOR'' was introduced to stop some dodgy colleges bringing in foreign students through NQF level 3 as its cheaper and to stop pple coming in through such course to work. So since ''HIGHLY TRUSTED SPONSOR'' rule came in, many colleges hasn't be able to meet the requirements set by UKBA.
Why not go for diploma courses?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by guzylove(m): 9:46am On Apr 18, 2010
@justwise. thanks for your reply. Yeah, diploma looks like the best option but the diploma programs i have been seeing require GCSE A-level or equivalent as requirement. Do you know of any college offering a diploma course and that would accept GCE o'levels? pls anyone else can also contribute. Thanks house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2010
guzylove:

@justwise. thanks for your reply. Yeah, diploma looks like the best option but the diploma programs i have been seeing require GCSE A-level or equivalent as requirement. Do you know of any college offering a diploma course and that would accept GCE o'levels? pls anyone else can also contribute. Thanks house

Colloges here will accept GCE o'Level as you are a foreign student. If you are in doubt then send an email to the college you have chosen to study at. Have a look at this link http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/choosingcourses/choosinguni/instguide/
Take ur time and search for colleges there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 1:35am On Apr 19, 2010
@ell77
i must say ur advice on student visa issues are invaluable. My question is this, can i use my transcript to apply for student visa in lieu of my certificate which is not ready? I graduated from OOU Ago iwoye in 2008. Also, when submitting this transcript-which is normally sealed in an official sch envelope, is it advisable to tear this envelope in other to make a duplicate copy to submit  with the visa application? A friend said by opening the transcript envelope its genuity and confidentiality has been compromised.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by guydudu: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
Hi All,

I am preparing for sept admission. I ve payed the initial deposit of the school fees and planning to pay the balance by June. Pls i will want to knw the earliest time to file my documents for the visa and what are the neccessary docs. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2010
@justwise can u plz tell me if am applying separately from the main applicant has a Dependant, am i to have 1600 pounds for each of us or just for me?
( were the main applicant has a leave to entry already) thank u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:42am On May 01, 2010
topsys:

@justwise can u plz tell me if am applying separately from the main applicant has a Dependant, am i to have 1600 pounds for each of us or just for me?
( were the main applicant has a leave to entry already) thank u.
This is what i saw on Border agency website concerning your question,
Dependants
Each dependant must complete a separate PBS (Dependant) form. Any dependant applications that are submitted at the same time as the main applicant’s form will be incur a fee of £100 (postal) or £ 125 (PEO) per dependant unless it is for a child aged 18 years or over.
Dependants’ applications that are submitted at a later date and/or applications for dependent children who are aged 18 years or over will incur a charge and will not be considered without payment of the specified fee, currently £475 for applications made by post or courier and £730 for applications made in person at our Public Enquiry Offices.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 6:23pm On May 01, 2010
@justwise Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 8:39am On May 13, 2010
Question
Can I get UK student visa?
Do you have invite to Cambridge or Oxford university & more than UK £ 20,000?
Then no way!
But keep applying because they like taking your money. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:47am On May 13, 2010
worry246:

Question
Can I get UK student visa?
Do you have invite to Cambridge or Oxford university & more than UK £ 20,000?
Then no way!
But keep applying because they like taking your money. grin

What are u going on abt?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 1:15pm On May 13, 2010
@justwise: can you kindly give me ur opinion on this issue. My degree certificate isnt ready yet. So i am planning to apply for student visa come July with my degree transcript and NYSC discharge certificate, and other required documents. Is this ok? I'm going for masters degree in univ of sunderland. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:58pm On May 13, 2010
ceteris09:

@justwise: can you kindly give me your opinion on this issue. My degree certificate isnt ready yet. So i am planning to apply for student visa come July with my degree transcript and NYSC discharge certificate, and other required documents. Is this ok? I'm going for masters degree in univ of sunderland. Thanks.

I think what you should do is to get a letter from you school addressed to BHC explaining why your certificate is not out yet.

That should be enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 4:08pm On May 13, 2010
@Justwise: Sure, i will try and get the letter. I will keep you posted . Thanks a bunch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:28am On May 14, 2010
ceteris09:

@Justwise: Sure, i will try and get the letter. I will keep you posted . Thanks a bunch.

No problem, all the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by iroko01: 3:39am On May 15, 2010
I have read this section with delight and i mist say i am really impressed with the way questions are answered promptly and answered well. kudos to all the contributors.

I do have a question that i am not sure if this is the right place to post it. Your help will be appreciated in this matter. My husband just got an admission to Notts and he was sent a link to available scholarship within d university.

he however has a question to answer in the scholarship form.

Please provide a short statement indicating why you wish to be considered for a scholarship.

Your help is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:45am On May 15, 2010
iroko01:

I have read this section with delight and i mist say i am really impressed with the way questions are answered promptly and answered well. kudos to all the contributors.
I do have a question that i am not sure if this is the right place to post it. Your help will be appreciated in this matter. My husband just got an admission to Notts and he was sent a link to available scholarship within d university.
he however has a question to answer in the scholarship form.
Please provide a short statement indicating why you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
Your help is highly appreciated.thanks in advance
Yes they do ask that question in almost every scholarship form. They want ur husband to convince them why he should be given the scholarship and not somebody else.
If there is not word-limited, then he can write maybe 300-500 words why he need the scholarship badly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by xtrix: 8:36am On May 19, 2010
@just wise and @ elff, it is urgent.i really appreciate the works you people are doing on dis thread. Pls i am kind of new to this thread. First of all, i am applying to holborn college for september session but i do not know whether holborn college is accredited now nd also i am in babcock university bout entering my second year, i am studying accounting and finance, am wondering whether i can continue there in my second year too with that course. And also am thinking of using my uncles bank statement but we dont bear d same surname nd he isnt willing to give me the £5400 to put in my account for 28days. What should i do,should i use his statement like that because it is likely he wont give me the money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2010
x trix:

@just wise and @ elff, it is urgent.i really appreciate the works you people are doing on dis thread. Pls i am kind of new to this thread. First of all, i am applying to holborn college for september session but i do not know whether holborn college is accredited now nd also i am in babcock university bout entering my second year, i am studying accounting and finance, am wondering whether i can continue there in my second year too with that course. And also am thinking of using my uncles bank statement but we dont bear d same surname nd he isnt willing to give me the £5400 to put in my account for 28days. What should i do,should i use his statement like that because it is likely he wont give me the money
(b]holborn college[/b] london is registered with HomeOffice.

For the issue about continuing in second yrs here, u need to write the school here to find out what their policy is about transfering credit from school in Nigeria to the UK.

The bank statement issue will be tough, only the person that shares the same family name with u can sponsor you. U need to convice ur uncle and see if he will change his mind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by xtrix: 5:54pm On May 19, 2010
pls can u help to verify either maritime greenwich college and stratford college in the uk is accredited thanks somuch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:22am On May 20, 2010
x trix:

pls can u help to verify either maritime greenwich college and stratford college in the uk is accredited thanks somuch.

Yes both two colleges are in london and accredited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by agegeboy: 11:42am On May 23, 2010
I have laminated my birth certificates. is it true dat the high commission will not accept it., also what should i put on the Summary sheet .

point scoring Area

Possession of a Cas = 30 point ( what should i put on the area with document provided ( pleae list )
maintanace funds = 10 ( what should i put on the area with document provided ( pleae list )
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by agegeboy: 12:03pm On May 23, 2010
i already paid my school fee for a foundation course ,i have laminated my birth certificates. is it true dat the high commission will not accept it., also what should i put on the Summary sheet .

point scoring Area

Possession of a Cas = 30 point ( what should i put on the area with document provided ( pleae list )
maintanace funds = 10 ( what should i put on the area with document provided ( pleae li
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2010
agegeboy:

i already paid my school fee for a foundation course ,i have laminated my birth certificates. is it true dat the high commission will not accept it., also what should i put on the Summary sheet .

point scoring Area
maintanace funds = 10 ( what should i put on the area with document provided ( pleae li

You will have problem with the laminated certificate, somebody here had problem with it, i guess u do something about it b4 its late.

For the summary sheet issue, go to their website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/applying/
And click on Help text for Tier 4 (General) applications made on or after 6 April 2010, if you scrol down, you will see where they gave an explanation on how to fill it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.