Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain (6334 Views)

10 Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man Make Sure He Knows He Is Appreciated / Jessica Elvis: I'll Sleep With Ronaldo, Wizkid Before I Retire From Prostitution / Ladies,can You Propose To A Man,even If You Are 100% Sure He Will Marry You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
why are guys nowadays so immature? undecided ironically it could have worked but he has completely ruined it!
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Playboy2(m): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

why are guys nowadays so immature? undecided ironically it could have worked but he has completely ruined it!

Ohh i feel you, perhaps you were dealing with a Brute.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2009
You could have started by saying exactly what happened wink cheesy. So that the male chauvinists on NL won't start bristling as if you meant that all men don't have brains grin.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by jaybee3(m): 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2009
u prob just looked with eyes half closed cool cool
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2009
@ playboy he is nt only a brute he is also a silly monkey! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a silly silly monkey!
@ maedan there is the long n short version of the story. Which do u prefer?
@ jaybee i guess love is blind as they say sad
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by jaybee3(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

@ playboy he is nt only a brute he is also a silly monkey! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a silly silly monkey!
not according to nl's famous relationship guru (ujujoan)
next time just go with ur eyes wide open. no guarantees even with dat cool cool
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Playboy2(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

Just calm your self down and summarily  let us know what happened. ok? waiting,,,
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2009
@sugar pp

a summary is always best cheesy.
But if the story tells better in a longer version, then tell it girl! we're all ears wink.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Outstrip(f): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2009
Another one bites the dust. LOL. Pele my love
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2009
So the summary of what he did today: he called me earlier and complained that i hadn't replied his messages which he sent late last night/early morning (around 3am) this was after he ignored for the whole day my own text messages to him. Nehoo i didn't say much n he eventually said bye.
Later on i tried calling him and he refused to pick up his fone (thats part of his usual tantrums). So we eventually got chatn on messenger n i tried calln him on there and again he refused to pick up sayn he was "busy" yet we were chattn on messenger.
I told him i had something important to discuss but he still refused to pick up. I got pissed off and i told him to get lost and stay lost so that was it.
I know it sounds like kiddies stuff but trust me its all him hence the reason i say he is immature! smiley seriously there's more to the story but basically all he needs 2 say is how much he loves me and can't live without me [i][/i]but he rather waste his time with non-graded girls that are just fooling him. He is too proud and just not romantic enough!
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by jaybee3(m): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^^^
dats it?
common seriously, u must be kidding me grin grin grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2009
;d
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
:d cool ;d
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by wisecutie: 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

So the summary of what he did today: he called me earlier and complained that i hadn't replied his messages which he sent late last night/early morning (around 3am) this was after he ignored for the whole day my own text messages to him. Nehoo i didn't say much n he eventually said bye.
Later on i tried calling him and he refused to pick up his fone (thats part of his usual tantrums). So we eventually got chatn on messenger n i tried calln him on there and again he refused to pick up sayn he was "busy" yet we were chattn on messenger.
I told him i had something important to discuss but he still refused to pick up. I got pissed off and i told him to get lost and stay lost so that was it.
I know it sounds like kiddies stuff but trust me its all him hence the reason i say he is immature! smiley seriously there's more to the story but basically all he needs 2 say is how much he loves me and can't live without me [i][/i]but he rather waste his time with non-graded girls that are just fooling him. He is too proud and just not romantic enough!

Plus he is tired of you.So stop bugging him.But cant he just sit you down and discuss with you why he doesnt see the relationship going anywhere.Its like that when guys aint just interested no more.Leave his life.Stop deceiving yourself and thinking he just wants to taste of the non-graded girls.Mayb you r nt romantic enuf to pull him back.Both of you seem immature, infact.He annoys you today u report,he kisses tommorw u r happy.Why the ups and down?Cant u manage a relationship?Get yourself a man if you try and try to get him to discuss n resolve whats on ground n he doesnt listen.I have warned o.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Playboy2(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

Hahaha, I can sense you are very emotioanal and possesive, your type would like a man to overwhelm you with attention and show you no end of the road in a relationship, you would want any guy you are in love with to place you above any other priority , right ?

If so , you have to understand that affairs are like  planting seed, it will need nurturing, and it will grow and mature with time,

I dont realy see much  problem here, though he has displayed some impatiance with you over the text reply, and if you say he is proud and impatience that means he is brutish,

In any case, what you should do is upto you, but the present problem is too small to cause a break up,
But see how to psycholoical manipulate a proud person,
Mute yourself and make him feel in control, show that you believe in him, make him the center of attention and place him above any other priority, boost his ego and constantly flatter him, Though you should do it with balance on your own side, dont give him your self so cheap or else you will breed arrogance in him and he will take you for a ride,

Most proud people usually want to be made the center of attention and for people to believe in them , feel that void by making him  the center of attention,  Some others normaly use pride to hide inferiority and insecurity, if that is the case of your guy, bring up the inferiority and insecurity in him to the surface and cub down his ego , then proceed to show him how much you love and care.

That is all i have to say for now,
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2009
brillant advise playboy u r worthy of ur username wink i will try ur new strategy grin thx! p.s. u sure like d word "brute" cheesy
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2009
@sugar pp, well guys keep forgetting that "attention" is girls' food. I'm sure when he was "toasting" you he dared not miss/ignore your call. Well you can keep playing along with his childish games or you could run from him because he does sound immature - at least, much more than you wink wink cheesy.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by sugarpp: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2009
@ maedan well i sure like attention grin but if he refuses 2 give me it then i might hv 2 get it outside n jst play along with him. The ball is in his court how he wants things to be between us
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Playboy2(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

@ maedan well i sure like attention grin but if he refuses 2 give me it then i might hv 2 get it outside n jst play along with him. T[b]he ball is in his court how he wants things to be between us[/b]

No that is not advisable, it will still remain the source of costant sorrows for you, in any relationship you are even with your co females, try to be the one to define it's nature , you will have a more satisfying and lasting relationship if you defined it yourself.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

@ maedan well i sure like attention grin but if he refuses 2 give me it then i might hv 2 get it outside n jst play along with him. The ball is in his court how he wants things to be between us

I find this is largely true. These days there really is no room for passive guys who expect a woman to fall into their laps. you like a woman . . . ya better be prepared to fight and get some bruises to your ego on the way. smiley
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Playboy2(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
@ davidylan,

wats up , where have you been for a while now,

this is banom,
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
Banom, i've been on the mountain.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
Good advice @ Playboy. However in this case I wish she could ignore him for some time and see if he'll not be the one running after her tongue. Please sugar pp if he wants to play it cool, do play along because the chasing was never a woman's call. However in a more serious and mature relationship, I'll implore you to do what Playboy said grin cheesy

@davidylan
You seem to be speaking from experience cheesy. And you've learnt well because you understand the basic principle: men who take charge win the respect/dedication of their women wink.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by eldee(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

I find this is largely true. These days there really is no room for passive guys who expect a woman to fall into their laps. you like a woman . . . ya better be prepared to fight and get some bruises to your ego on the way. smiley

Hehehe . . .well it depends on the kind of man you are.
And the kind of woman too . . . personally, I think any woman that comes to cry on NL cos her man refused to say 'I love you' is not worth it.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

Hehehe . . .well it depends on the kind of man you are.
And the kind of woman too . . . personally, I think any woman that comes to cry on NL cos her man refused to say 'I love you' is not worth it.

hmmm i would have agreed with you a yr ago. Not anymore . . . some women are just emotionally not as strong as we want them to be.

maedan:

@davidylan
You seem to be speaking from experience cheesy. And you've learnt well because you understand the basic principle: men who take charge win the respect/dedication of their women wink.

How did you know? shocked grin
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2009
@davidylan
How did I know what?? That you're speaking from experience or that men should be in control if they want to keep their women?? grin grin

I usually take some of these topics seriously because there's always one or two points to gain, so we should all respect the OP no matter what you think about the issues brought forward.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2009
maedan:

@davidylan
How did I know what?? That you're speaking from experience or that men should be in control if they want to keep their women?? grin grin

how did you know i was speaking from experience?
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by ritaNL: 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2009
@ poster

Take it easy cheesy next time shine your eyes well welwel.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by eldee(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2009
davidylan:

hmmm i would have agreed with you a yr ago. Not anymore . . . some women are just emotionally not as strong as we want them to be.

I believe emotional independence comes with maturity.
If you're not mature enough to know the kind of man you have, then you're better off dating teenagers that'll call you every minute.
Come on . . . the best relationships are built by breaking even.

And to think she had the guts to call me immature.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2009
eldee:

I believe emotional independence comes with maturity.
If you're not mature enough to know the kind of man you have, then you're better off dating teenagers that'll call you every minute.
Come on . . . the best relationships are built by breaking even.

And to think she had the guts to call me immature.

eldee, i think this depends on what type of "maturity" we are talking about here. That a woman constantly seeks reassurance and attention from her man does not mean she is not mature enough to handle other issues. You're the man here . . . emotionally you should be the leader. The bond built by you too will be far far stronger than with a woman who can deal with not speaking to you for 2 weeks in a row. It may initially sound more appealing since you are relatively freer but eventually u'll always wonder if she truly cares about you.
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by vicade(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2009
sugar pp:

. I can be chatting and doing other stuff online thus might be busy and not want to talk on phone even though it sounds wierd. Moreover u were the one that got pissed off and told him to get lost

He might be misbehaving no doubt but it is always better to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that he does not love you anymore

Any fool can say how much they love you and can't live without you and beat the hell out of you when you marry him.
Actions speak louder than words o
Re: Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain by maedan(f): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2009
@davidylan, well you said, "I find that largely true", to quote you. So I guessed that you used some "experience" to make your "findings". cheesy

I know this will sound objectionable but sometimes it's the woman's priority to be immature, insecure, attention-seeking, self-absorbed etc, and it's the man's priority to do all the hard work tongue.

Those guys "lucky" enough to get a girl running after them/doing all the chasing, trust me it's not a plus tongue. Never be afraid to pander to your woman's every childish whim, just try and get used to it because it's OOTT( One Of Those Things cheesy)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Even If My Wife Earns Ten Times D Amount I Do, I Wil Never Let Her Pay D Bills!. / That Awkward Moment, When You See Your Dad Bleeping Your Mum / My Boyfriend Wants Sex! What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.