Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,189 members, 7,839,042 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Do you Believe In Love? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do you Believe In Love? (30365 Views)

Can You Believe This Lady Is Almost 40 Years Old (photos) / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy / Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by FTBOY: 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
grin you don turn am to contract marriage cheesy grin
Toks2008:

My sister its not about money all the time.

Some ladies have told me that Ithey cherish a caring guy over a rich guy and some said they will do anything for a man that can please them sexually but none of them have used that scam word "love" so I keep saying that what matters is what you have to offer and what the other person wants...like a buy and sell trade or trade by batter .

I love your curves you like my money

I do you well in bed and that is good enough

You love a fine guy and I'm a TDH then we strike a deal called marriage if I like you too...simple..forget love.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by DriveByKiller: 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Toks2008:

And can you love without a reason?

This thread is getting interesting and taking its course even without the write up proper..let me see how far this will go.

You're a warped up individual, I will give you that !

And you won't rest until you drag all of humanity into that sad route of life you're traveling.

Love exists when men literally died for their wives/ girlfriend and children. It has happened repeatedly.

Love exist when women sacrifice their dignity for a their man.

I have seen widows grieve a lost love a life time.

You're psychologically sick, man. And you're seeking company in the solitude of your loveless existence
!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
cheesy I've found love but I'm still not against this thread... I pray yours don't fade too quick because unconditional love..... Odikwa risky cheesy grin
firstking01:
Yes na, if not i won't be against the threadcheesy.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
cheesy badt guy cool grin
Toks2008:

lol!

That is one mystery to creative writing...its like saying every script written by a film producer is a reflection of his life..lol!

I'm very creative and I have never really been heartbroken cos the two ladies that tried it came back and I ended up doing the breaking
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Toks2008:

Gbam! so we can conveniently say there is always a reason attached to that facade called love and as long as that reason is still there they remain together.

Nevertheless if the reason vanishes and you still see some together, its either they are no longer at a vantage position to leave each other for one reason or the other.
Theres still a reason at the end of it all grin
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
kiss
falconey:

Tok love is provisional and conditional in nature even God's love. practically God want us to worship and follow him and who doesn't do these won't enjoy his eternal blessings. now that's a condition but not in all cases some enjoy grace.however it doesn't mean it is not love because there are conditions to it.

frankly, love is overly used to make someone believe or do something for you. example men use love to get sex while girls use it to get money and favour, same as son and daughters to their parents.

in a nutshell, it is what we use to get something irrespective of what we really feel. it is a powerful word. in terms of feelings we define it according to what we see and fancy at the time of expression.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Hannysmilez(f): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
Well,I don't think that 'Only Dummies believe in love'. A few people stated how only God can love unconditionally,(Biblically). I'm not a Christian but I do remember from my Bible lessons that God commanded us to love one another in the SAME love he has shown us,and another verse where God asked us to continue in his love. I think that this means that humans are also capable of 'unconditional love'.
Funny,I've always found that interesting; 'Unconditional love'. What exactly is love in the first place,if we're going Biblical then love in itself is already unconditional.
So,Yes! Love exists,but,its rare. Humans in their nature are capable of great love. Humans in their nature are selfish and self-centred too.
Love isn't equivalent to romance. We can have love w/o romance and vice-versa.
The world has changed and is changing. Its hard to believe in love with the pathetic things happening. Love does exist,but not that easy to come by. Its worth believing in.
Ps:I was talking on general love and No,I think its quite impossible to love without reason. Some reasons can be silly tho smiley
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
cheesy I've found love but I'm still not against this thread... I pray yours don't fade too quick because unconditional love..... Odikwa risky cheesy grin
Egbon, i don't love twice...i love you only once, and i'm committed to the brim...she actually taught me how to love.

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
cheesy interesting grin wish you all the best in your love life kiss
firstking01:
Egbon, i don't love twice...i love you only once, and i'm committed to the brim...she actually taught me how to love.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
firstking01:
Titanic actually happend real.

Of course, don't we all know that?. Yet it will interest you to know that those two characters you mentioned in the movie never really existed.

Mind you, jack Dawson and rose Dewitt bukater were merely fictional characters.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hannysmilez:

Ps:I was talking on general love and No,I think its quite impossible to love without reason. Some reasons can be silly tho smiley

This is my point.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Recherche:

Of course, don't we all know that?. Yet it will interest you to know that those two characters you mentioned in the movie never really existed.

Jack saw a sweet lady and rose saw a dude and they clicked. Simple logic.

If people continue to se this from the materialistic point of view then they won't catch the drift.

Some ladies love humor, some love good sex, some love cuteness and so on while some guys go gaga seeing a nice ass or boobs but at the end "i love you" naa ni.

The reason why some people stay put in an affair they are tired of is because they feel they are too old to start allover but trust me 90% of matured men and women in marriage had at a time in their marriage wished they opt out to be with another.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
Recherche:

My friend, what they acted actually happened real, get understanding for once.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
cheesy interesting grin wish you all the best in your love life kiss
Thankia haneygrin

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Baaballiyo(m): 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
My Love has always being and will always be unconditional

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Berbierklaus(f): 3:54am On Sep 04, 2016
firstking01:
And btw, who told you it has endedcheesy??... we are still very much into it...
LMAO gringrin

If I start to analyze this your unconditional love with a nairalander for you,you will just cry tongue
i won't do that tho,u b my person
1)Love don't lie
2)love don't hurt
3)love will not embarrass you.
That a girl do not ask you for money instead sends you money/airtime,(more like you are a gigolo grin)or that she is willing to take your bullsh!t even if you destroy her self esteeem,does not mean the love is"unconditional" that word "unconditional" is too heavy to qualify what you think you have even if all I read about it was on the pages of nairaland.

btw,stop been delusional it helps,everything is not black and white

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 5:51am On Sep 04, 2016
Berbierklaus:

LMAO gringrin

If I start to analyze this your unconditional love with a nairalander for you,you will just cry tongue
1)Love don't lie
2)love don't hurt
That a girl do not ask you for money instead sends you money/airtime,(more like you are a gigolo grin)or that she is willing to take your bullsh!t even if you destroy her self esteeem,does not mean the love is"unconditional" that word "unconditional" is too heavy to qualify what you think you have even if all I read about it was on the pages of nairaland.

Lol, you dnt understand sha...goodmorning and happy sunday to ya.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 6:40am On Sep 04, 2016
Berbierklaus:

LMAO gringrin

1)Love don't lie
2)love don't hurt

And btw, you dnt expect me to start telling you stuffs bout my relationship here, do ya??

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2016
firstking01:
And btw, you dnt expect me to start telling stuffs bout my relationship here, do ya??

First kings please do me a favour and remove the idea of real love from humans from your mind.

If there is real love then I can as well go out and marry a mad lady or a lady can marry Lucifer.

The bottom line is that even this babe you are gushing about if asked will tell you why she desires you so stop misconstruing my point.

Real love is when you love another even when there is no reason to.

Happy sunday

3 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2016
Toks2008:

First kings please do me a favour and remove the idea of real love from humans from your mind.

If there is real love then I can as well go out and marry a mad lady or a lady can marry Lucifer.

The bottom line is that even this babe you are gushing about if asked will tell you why she desires you so stop misconstruing my point.

Real love is when you love another even when there is no reason to.

Happy sunday
Bro, our courts, roots and success in life are differend, so, if it didn't work for you in that area of your life doesn't mean it's not working for others...And btw i love that your last point, now you are thinking, exactly what i was ranting altru last night...real love is when you love with no reason...thank you, i'm vindicated from your own mouth.

It's sunday morning, go to church, i'm on my way already.....

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2016
firstking01:
Bro, our courts, roots and success in life are differend, so, if it didn't work for you in that area of your life doesn't mean it's not working for others...And btw i love that your last poin, now you are thinking, exactly what i was ranting altru last night...real love is when you love with no reason...thank you, i'm vindicated from your own mouth.

It's sunday morning, go to church, i'm on my way already.....

You are really sounding funny now cos you did not communicate at all

Tell me you love her for no reason and she does same and I will tell you both of you are living in made believe Eldorado.

3 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2016
ogorwyne:
I just did an evaluation using myself and I concur. What we call love is an attraction. Something that might fade if that feature we got attracted to ceases to exist. I tried to imagine my partner without some of the features that got me attracted to him. Hmmm

An elderly man once told me that Love fades in almost every marriage at a particular point in time and that when couples get to that stage what keeps them together is the Friendship they built over the years, God, and the vows they exchanged.

This topic is a bit complicated though.

Complicated it is.

I am a very practical person and a realist. This is why I write disclaimers on some if my threads that what I write is not a reflection of who I am but I write facts and not my personal convictions.

I am a strictly one woman man and my ex of 14 years can attest to it.

Love without a reason is only found in God.

For me to be with a woman, you must have just 3 qualities.

1. Be sexually pleasing to my eyes.

2. Be a good cook

3. Have the fear of God.

As long as you have these 3 qualities, you will beg me to cheat on you

Before my ex left, I saw these 3 in her and I never cheated for a minute on her but due to her naivety she felt there was something better out there since I was her first so she left and came back but unfortunately I was no longer comfy with her moral stands as I still saw some unGodly dispositions in her and I called off the affair.

I'm writing this to explain better that love is hinged on conditions that need to be kept to keep the flame of love burning.

I can't imagine myself with a lady who does not have those 3 qualities but if true love exists I ought to have settled with many ladies who have shown interest towards me.

This is why a lady at 30 still keeps saying No to many men cos she is not OK with the qualities she sees in these guys asking her out and if she eventually says yes to a man she is not pleased with then there is a big possibility of her cheating after marriage if she eventually stumbles on the type of man she desires.And this is why some men cheat after marriage cos they married a lady they are not really OK with.

It is indeed very complicated.

5 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by yemmit90: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2016
Toks2008:

Tell me you love her for no reason and she does same and I will tell you both of you are living in made believe Eldorado.

I guess you got too much free time?

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2016
yemmit90:

I guess you got too much free time?
Lots of it.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by I888(m): 8:10am On Sep 04, 2016
ogorwyne:
I just did an evaluation using myself and I concur. What we call love is an attraction. Something that might fade if that feature we got attracted to ceases to exist. There is always a reason why we love our partners, that 'reason' is why we still say those 'I love U's. That's Love with conditions. I tried to imagine my partner without some of the features that got me attracted to him. Hmmm

An elderly man once told me that 'Love' fades in almost every marriage at a particular point in time and that when couples get to that stage what keeps them together is the Friendship they built over the years, God, and the vows they exchanged.

This topic is a bit complicated though.
Actually, it DEPENDS on what attracted them. If it is personality and character, it could last
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by firstking01(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2016
Toks2008:

Bro, i beseech you to cease contradicting yourself..have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 9:50am On Sep 04, 2016
I888:
Actually, it DEPENDS on what attracted them. If it is personality and character, it could last

Provided that personality and character remains.

2 Likes

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by xharles15(m): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
firstking01:
My brother,if you love with no reasons, then that love will last cool.
God bless you for that statement.. #word
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Goyim: 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Toks2008:
I strongly believe that real and unconditional love only exist from God to man but anyone who believes in human love is a big dummy.

Human love is a charade, a facade and a chase after the wind which is based on a selfish condition and if the condition is no longer there, love fades and tolerance sets in with an eventual crash.

[b]But when this selfish condition is still present in that other person, we usually use the so called dumb words "I LOVE YOU", "PROMISE YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE ME", "I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU", "WILL YOU MARRY ME", "YES I DO TILL DEATH..."

Let's cut the chase and face facts, human relationship is basically an exchange of obligation,a pure trade by barter. We will likely hear those vague words "I love you" from someone who actually desires you because of your sexual features,money,cuteness,fear of God, future prospect,moral standards, fame and so on and God help you that those reasons remain else you are a past tense or a mere partner that will be tolerated maybe because the other party is no longer at a vantage point to dump you and both of you will now become a good sample couple of real love...Taarh!

So when next you hear a man ask you "will you marry me or can we start dating?" or a lady agrees to be your date or wife,rather than getting overly excited, just take a deep breath and ponder over why he or she agreed to be yours so that you can always keep that condition running to avoid heart ache.[/b]

So my humble advice to people out there looking for true love or someone who will love them for real is to stop chasing shadows and be with someone who catches their fancy and keep the condition of the "attraction" alive or continue to wait for real love until Mongo park discovers them.

I have deep things to write concerning this but on a second thought i have decided to hold back and throw this open for discussion as the title is self explicit.

So let's hear from you if you believe in this 4 letter scam called L O V E,

Over to you all.

This is the saddest most pseudo-intellectual bullshit i have ever read. I bet you think you've got it all figured out. But you are far from the "truth" (notice how i wrote that" ) you're not a realist because even a realist know that reality is very subjective, its never the same for ever one.

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Goyim:

This is the saddest most pseudo-intellectual bullshit i have ever read. I bet you think you've got it all figured out. But you are far from the "truth" (notice how i wrote that" ) you're not a realist because even a realist know that reality is very subjective, its never the same for ever one.

My opinion, your opinion, kofaja

But please answer this question in all sincerity,

Do you have what you look out for in a prospective partner or can you just close your eyes and marry anyone regardless of who or what he or she is?

1 Like

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
xharles15:
God bless you for that statement.. #word

All these righteous comments would have been great they are practicable.

The question is simple; can you love without a reason?

I hope lalasticlala gets this thread out for more people to contribute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. / All I Did Was Introduce Her To My Man”– Lady Shares How Friend Engaged Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.