Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6266682 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

For a place like Lagos, is monthly rent feasible?
Most places in Lagos don't accept rents on a monthly basis, it's either annual or bi-annual. It all depends on ur landlord or landlady.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
shervydman:

Most places in Lagos don't accept rents on a monthly basis, it's either annual or bi-annual. It all depends on ur landlord or landlady.

It ended way back early 90's. I was just driving past blocks of nice looking buildings that has bedsitters all through and just thought how it eases the young ones into starting out living independently by just paying one month rent and a month deposit then move it.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

For a place like Lagos, is monthly rent feasible?

Rent na cash cow now,
Reasons people grind 2/4/7 to own their homes,

Like shervy stated, 1-2 year rentage, +agent fee omonile stuff, etc
Getting monthly rentage lol, that's mission impossible, very unlikely, unless rarely,

How are you faring in Kenya?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Rent na cash cow now,
Reasons people grind 2/4/7 to own their homes,

Like shervy stated, 1-2 year rentage, +agent fee omonile stuff, etc
Getting monthly rentage lol, that's mission impossible, very unlikely, unless rarely,

How are you faring in Kenya?

Am cool in Nairobi , at least some level of certainty after escaping the fuel crises in Lagos yesterday. cheesy

Yes, I agree with you as the present economy does not support monthly rentage as demand outstrips supply.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

Am cool in Nairobi , at least some level of certainty after escaping the fuel crises in Lagos yesterday. cheesy

Yes, I agree with you as the present economy does not support monthly rentage as demand outstrips supply.

These are really hard times for motorists here,
There is a resounding quietness from the government, even as the ordeal persist.

Really pathetically unbecoming.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

There is a resounding quietness from the government, even as the ordeal persist.

It has become more of an annual ritual to have that scarcity by this time of the year. I recalil years back when I working in Enugu-Awka, every December was hellish as I depended on black market.

We are presently buying here at about N371 per litre but at least I have never got to queue up
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
mtis:

Serious naijas got a twisted view of beauty.. grin

You got to understand these peeps. They get really mad especially when they see stuff they cannot hope to match in some decades to come. Kajuru is cool but anyone who would choose it over Tafaria is definitely a creepy guy, and maybe these folks are creepy thats why. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2017
mtis:

Say it Mr berry..Kenya is awesome an Naija is something else grin an w'll close it...

grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
Blueberrie:

Pesa ni kitu cha maana sana aki cheesy

esp hizi matime za krisi cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
obaaderemi:
Are you saying he can do bad all by himself?His life is incomplete without nairaland. He tries to stay away some of the time for half a day or so then like an alcoholic, he finds himself coming back grin He keeps lying through his teeth about being dedicated to this thread only but I wonder if he had not posted on other threads on nairaland. Let's see if he has anything to say.

I know you hope I am active in other threads but Im not.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
shervydman:

how do you pay rent annually undecided So if you move into a house you have to finish a year in there?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

Yes, I agree with you as the present economy does not support monthly rentage as demand outstrips supply

WTH? Bro, what economics is this? Demand outstrips supply almost everywhere
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

Fuel crisis in an oil producing nation grin grin Wait, lemmi recall when was the last time we had a fuel crisis in Kenya ....mmmm.... I cant cry grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
Merry Christmas from K E N Y A grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
`

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
mtis:

If u wanna do a sport comparison between Nigeria and Kenya then do it sensibly...
Using the super eagles alone to compare with ur whole sport team isn't a bad idea either..but don't dare insult our sport sector like that.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

its very pathetic my brother... I just got back to Lagos for Xmas from Ogun and I'm telling u,the transport fare are outrageous.. the queue in Ogun is bad.. though I'm yet to see one in Lagos..

I often try hard to distance myself from politics,but I think I'm gonna get a voters card soon... 2019 is coming...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

how do you pay rent annually undecided So if you move into a house you have to finish a year in there?

Only in Nigeria. Paying an annual rent is ridiculous and outright absurd. How do people cope? Aha right, they find themselves in Libya trying to escape ridiculousness and absurdity. Heck, Somalia is ahead of a Nigeria in this aspect!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2017
wink
TayserMahiri:

I know you hope I am active in other threads but Im not.
Have you contributed to other threads on nairaland? Yes or no?Straight answer, please. Most of us are also not active on other threads. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Danielnino00:

If u wanna do a sport comparison between Nigeria and Kenya then do it sensibly...
Using the super eagles alone to compare with ur whole sport team isn't a bad idea either..but don't dare insult our sport sector like that.....

My homeboy mtis knows what he is doing. He compared only super eagles to the whole of Kenyan sports because all their sports taken together is less appealing besides our football alone. wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Not necessary, if u know u won't spend up to a year in ur apartment, u can pay for the time u wanna spend and if u paid a year's rent and don't wanna stay up to that, u can collect ur rent(remaining) from the home-owner.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Till the rent expires as against your moving into v apartments as much as you desire in a year. You could negotiate for a refund if there is a need to leave before its expiration.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Litmus: 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2017
Kenyanstar:
Jealousy will kill Nigerians
KENYA CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

Sometimes the Kenyans forget the title of the thread. Here's a reminder: on Nairaland, a Nigerian forum, a Kenyan posts, “Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Fact Don't Lie))”. Its a little like knocking on a neighbours doors and declaring,'hay you in there, come out and see, I have a better car than yours'. And when the guy comes out and defends the merits of his car against yours you get all upset and sulk.

Jealousy isn't a Nigeria trait unlike, it seems, as it is for Kenyans. On the whole, Nigerians are unconcerned by the existence of Africans elsewhere. Kenya could label itself Masters of the Universe for all Nigerians would care. And if Nigerians should find out that Kenya labelled itself Masters of the Universe, the majority of Nigerians would not say, 'no,Kenya isnt Master of the Univers, Kenya is a shithole', Nigerians would be like, “why shouldn't Kenya be Masters of the Universe, they have electricity”.

Nigerians don't generally have jealous tendencies and Africa should learn this from Nigeria because jealousy is a terrible trait . Many Nigerians cultures actively knock the trait out of youngsters. Ask kindly and I'll telly you how.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
Litmus:

Sometimes the Kenyans forget the title of the thread. Here's a reminder: on Nairaland, a Nigerian forum, a Kenyan posts, “Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Fact Don't Lie))”. Its a little like knocking on a neighbours doors and declaring,'hay you in there, come out and see, I have a better car than yours'. And when the guy comes out and defends the merits of his car against ours you get upset.

Jealousy isn't a Nigeria trait unlike, it seems, as it is for Kenyans. On the whole, Nigerians are unconcerned by the existence of Africans elsewhere. Kenya could label itself Masters of the Universe for all Nigerians would care. And if Nigerians should find out that Kenya labelled itself Masters of the Universe, the majority of Nigerians would not say, 'no,Kenya isnt Master of the Univers, Kenya is a shithole', Nigerians would be like, “why shouldn't Kenya be Masters of the Universe, they have electricity”.

Nigerians don't generally have jealous tendencies and Africa should learn this from Nigeria because jealousy is a terrible trait . Many Nigerians cultures actively knock the trait out of youngsters. Ask kindly and I'll telly you how.

You have said it all bro.. I keep saying it over and over again,most Nigerians don't give a sh*t about other African countries (save for Ghana and South Africa)..
Funny enough,it's easy for some Africans to recognize Nigerians in their country,whereas most Nigerians don't care where u are from so far u are black grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
obaaderemi:
My homeboy mtis knows what he is doing. He compared only super eagles to the whole of Kenyan sports because all their sports taken together is less appealing besides our football alone. wink

He's probably scared to include tennis and basketball in the comparison... grin not to mention wrestling and boxing grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pic1- The three towers at Eko energy estate under construction..Its not d same with the Eko Pearl towers sha...

Pic2- Azzuri peninsula under construction

grin grin EAC is really coming up fast....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

Till the rent expires as against your moving into v apartments as much as you desire in a year. You could negotiate for a refund if there is a need to leave before its expiration.

What if the landlord spent it or is unwilling to refund? I guess then it's off to your kangaroo courts. Poor Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
Just for d record,the so called Tafria castle was built in 2012 while the Kajuru castle was built in 1978

grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
gallivant:

What if the landlord spent it or is unwilling to refund? I guess then it's off to your kangaroo courts. Poor Nigerians.
U ask questions in a civilized manner, don't talk about what u don't know.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
shervydman:

U ask questions in a civilized manner, don't talk about what u don't know.

That is a well thought answer, exactly what I was looking for. tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.