Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6256215 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2017
obaaderemi:
These pictures of nature are badass. If Nigeria should choose to focus on tourism, we will be surpassed probably by Egypt and South Africa only. cheesy

Yeah,
We got cumbersome tourism potentials, Nature bequeathed us with handful of bliss,

Kenya is getting it right in tourism,
We careless about our environment as a people,

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2017
mtis:

LOL,
You pulling my legs,
There are plans to face them off beginning Q1 of 2018,
But I foresee popular illegitimacy and massive resistance,

#ambodeeffect
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

LOL,
You pulling my legs,
There are plans to face them off beginning Q1 of 2018,
But I foresee popular illegitimacy and massive resistance,

#ambodeeffect
Nice to know cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 23, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2017
Centenary city enugu,
Demarcations preparatory to erection of structures have been concluded, while foundations for others have begun,

We still got 17 million housing deficit,
Credit to crisptv

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 23, 2017
Couple of months back

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2017
Kenya is not on our level. Just wait until Eko Atlantic is fully complete and occupied by skyscrapers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9MjUj9fudA
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2017
Development is gearing up after sandfilling has been completed. Eko Atlantic Pearl Towers is already completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKLmKwQxEyY

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
For the lols,
Kenyanstar be storming the thread like James Bond,
While TayserMahiri be landing like landers brothers,

Lol #ororo no be crude oil

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Mr maestro, let me help you rejig the oil well to hit the center of gravity #ekoatlantic

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
Our assiduously eclectic osibanjo, did groundbreaking for edo industrial Park,
Mohindra is leading the consortium of investors, hopefully they don't get encapsulated with the Nigerian syndrome,

They will be commissioning their tractor assembly plant in kaduna by December

Other state governments can learn from the likes of ambode, amosun, obiano, elrufai, Ganduje on the ease of doing business.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
Kenya Nature

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Mr maestro, let me help you rejig the oil well to hit the center of gravity #ekoatlantic

Beautiful. Modern. Elegant. Let this gauntlet end the debate once and for all. Kenya may be good and developing. But Nigeria is poised for historical greatness. Lagos has the leadership, focus, and economic backing to be the Shanghai or New York of Africa. Abuja has the central focus of the govt. Industries are growing all over the country. While our style and fashion, along with Nollywood can take elements from Paris and the U.S.' Hollywood. Nigeria is in a frustrating slumber right now, but once it hits its stride it will be a force.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
MrMaestro:

Beautiful. Modern. Elegant. Honestly, when it's finished it'll look even more contemporary than New York City.

LOL, that is a bit of litotic, hyperbolic and exaggerated,
But sure, if we triple the pace, with better implementable structural policies,

Those things that helped them attain such feat, we got to replicate them too
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

LOL, that is a bit of litotic, hyperbolic and exaggerated,

Brother, I've seen New York. It is beautiful, but very dated in parts. It's a very dirty city. They don't have ample alleyways so garbage is dumped in front of buildings. When there was a strike by the waste disposal workers, the city reeked and looked like a trashcan. Honestly, there should be nothing surprising about the statement I made. New York is an older city, newer developments should look better. Dubai and Shanghai is more beautiful than New York to me at this point.

Edit: I didn't see your edit. But yes I agree. We need to remain focused. The Eko Atlantic project has industry leading development plans. From sewage, to water, to waste management. Everything is top of the line. But development needs to speed up. I think now that there's completed buildings, investors and subsequent development speed will sky rocket.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
Lagos needs wider roads all over. We're learning, with the newer developments on the lekki side. And I'm glad Eko Atlantic built huge roads from scratch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQ8wTmI6O0
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Calabar. smiley

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2017
MrMaestro:
Lagos needs wider roads all over. We're learning, with the newer developments on the lekki side. And I'm glad Eko Atlantic built huge roads from scratch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQ8wTmI6O0

Yeah bro,
Cities of the Asian tigers and the jigsaws of middle east are new new Frontier for city wide development in this epoch.

My only concern for eko Atlantic and the islands is the incessant intermittent flooding northwards to the fringes of lekki,

The impact of the reclamation project is touted to be one of the causes of the past flooding,
Also geopastial intelligence shows, there have been eroded coastal parts of the islands and a huge chunk of land lost already, coupled with the adversities of global warming,

There's got to be ways we have to put things in check to balance with nature
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
One of the venues for international polo tournament in Nigeria by Jan/Feb 2018. smiley

I.B.B polo ground, Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
Water House, Lagos 19th century classical building built and owned by Esan Da Rocha, a Nigerian socialite of a bygone era.Still standing and still looking chic. I would like to see such from Kenya too if such exist there. I am partial to historical pieces.

Water House is a Lagos historical building
in 10, Kukawa Street. The name “Water House
originated from the sale of drinking water to
inhabitants of that area by Mr. Da Rocha in t
gone by. Mr. Joe Esan Da Rocha was one
first people who led freed slaves back from
This building is located in the Street, which
part of a “crown” house granted to Hijinio P
Fronsacca in 1864,

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
MrMaestro:
Eko Atlantic already has the first 8lane intra-city road in the country. The governor is also trying his best to widen some strategic roads across the state too.

The lekki master plan has 5 zones, u can check it here.
http://lekkidirectory.com/lekki-master-plan/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
Let me exchange a greenish camaraderie with shervydman,

Taraba
Enugu,
Plateau,
Anambra.

The whole of Nigeria is blessed by nature.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Yeah bro,
Cities of the Asian tigers and the jigsaws of middle east are new new Frontier for city wide development in this epoch.

My only concern for eko Atlantic and the islands is the incessant intermittent flooding northwards to the fringes of lekki,

The impact of the reclamation project is touted to be one of the causes of the past flooding,
Also geopastial intelligence shows, there have been eroded coastal parts of the islands and a huge chunk of land lost already, coupled with the adversities of global warming,

There's got to be ways we have to put things in check to balance with nature

Agreed, I share the same concerns. But I think it has more to do with the lekki side sewage infrastructure than anything else.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
MrMaestro:

Agreed, o share the same concerns. But I think it has more to do with the lekki side sewage infrastructure than anything else.

We on the same page,
That is part of the causative factors, it is hydra headed.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nice inputs from both sides. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Centenary city enugu,
Demarcations preparatory to erection of structures have been concluded, while foundations for others have begun,

We still got 17 million housing deficit,
Credit to crisptv
Lagos actually has a 3m housing deficit, the government is trying hard to curb it aggressively. Lagos has a scheme called 'rent-to-own' whereby citizens can rent a Lagos estate apartment for a stipulated time or a certain amount of money, then it becomes his/her apartment permanently.

The estates and schemes are in 2 phases, one for middle-incomers and the other for low-incomers.

Lagos govt estates are scattered across the state, anywhere u see this type of buildings, just know its a rent-to-own estate.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
shervydman:

Eko Atlantic already has the first 8lane intra-city road in the country. The governor is also trying his best to widen some strategic roads across the state too.

The lekki master plan has 5 zones, u can check it here.
http://lekkidirectory.com/lekki-master-plan/

Really? I was actually going to say that the lekki-epe expressway had 8 lanes. But I think Eko Atlantic might have technically started before the construction of the expressway. But thanks for the link! This paragraph stood out to me.

"Based on the presentation made by the Lagos State Government in August 2008, the Lekki Infrastructure and Land Use Master Plan is a partnership between the Lagos State Government and the primary stakeholders in the sub region aimed at introducing order and functionality into the Lekki Sub- region to rescue the huge investments and the environment from going to waste."

When driving through lekki, I always think about how orderly everything is in comparison to other parts of the state. I'm happy to know that it's a result of proper planning, because nearly 10 yrs later this plan is definitely showing it's effect.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2017
MrMaestro:

Really? I was actually going to say that the lekki-epe expressway had 8 lanes. But I think Eko Atlantic might have technically started before the construction of the expressway
Yeah, the lekki/epe expressway has 8lanes but it's not an intra-city road but inter-city, we have many 8lanes inter-city roads but just one 8lane intra-city which is in EAC.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
shervydman:

Lagos actually has a 3m housing deficit, the government is trying hard to curb it aggressively. Lagos has a scheme called 'rent-to-own' whereby citizens can rent a Lagos estate apartment for a stipulated time or a certain amount of money, then it becomes his/her apparent permanently.

The estates and schemes are in 2 phases, one for middle-incomers and the other for low-incomers.

Lagos govt estates are scattered across the state, anywhere u see this types of buildings, just know its a rent-to-own estate.

In this regard,
I doff my hat for lateef Jakande,
He performed tremendously in this subject,

Fash did quite well with the rent to own stuff,
But ambo de bomboi be falling hands like wrist-break,

The ilubirin water front redevelopment project and other mass housing schemes littered across the length and breadth of gidi, have been neglected by ambo ati de,

Anyway, FGN, can help with other variables like policies and incentives to bring down cost of building materials,

Issues of land tenure system, tenancy laws, etc

Drop in standard of living accentuated on economic crunch affected the real estate sector,

But indications show, rebounds will be attained in 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

In this regard,

The ilubirin water front redevelopment project and other mass housing schemes littered across the length and breadth of gidi, have been neglected by ambo ati de,

Anyway, FGN, can help with other variables like policies and incentives to bring down cost of building materials,

Drop in standard of living accentuated on economic crunch affected the real estate sector,

Lateef Jakande is the real chief architect of Lagos, that man is visionary, others are just building on his foundation.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

In this regard,

For a place like Lagos, is monthly rent feasible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.