Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6190582 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
We aren't shy to tell our bad sides
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
That make sense..the more I have dug into nigeria affairs..the more it's apparent there is nothing in there to tax. Okay let's pray for another oil price rally? Maybe the barrel will hit 200usd!

Officially the dutch disease should be renamed the Nigeria disease..although OIL CURSE is good enough explanation.

It is interesting to see how natural resource can completely destroy a country.

sufferNsmiling:

rvp2017 I cannot see you do not know much about Nigeria. How can you tell the government to collect taxes when there is nothing in the country to tax. Are you now going to collect tax from the 85 million people in extreme poverty or from the 140 million in poverty. If you go to a refugee camp and see the people are dying of hunger can you now tell them to pay taxes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
You were never the leader - you attempted to lie to yourself - nobody - least of all nigeria believe it - and they are voting with their feet everyday out of nigeria - making dangerous boat journey to europe.

South Africa and Kenya will lead Africa. That you can rest assured of. Already we are top 30 globally in DOING GOOD.

Doing which good? stop deceiving yourself my friend.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Who is "we". Speak for yourself. You're defending Nigeria against all logic and reasons.
samsobo24:
We aren't shy to tell our bad sides
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
That make sense..the more I have dug into nigeria affairs..the more it's apparent there is nothing in there to tax. Okay let's pray for another oil price rally? Maybe the barrel will hit 200usd!

Officially the dutch disease should be renamed the Nigeria disease..although OIL CURSE is good enough explanation.

It is interesting to see how natural resource can completely destroy a country.

why cant you just keep quiet...their is nothing to prove between blacks....

was kenya not conquered too and colonized....??

you kenyans argue in strange ways..... undecided

what the fvck is wrong with una in eastern africa....?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Who is "we". Speak for yourself. You're defending Nigeria against all logic and reasons.
Nobody is defending Nigeria, we are only saying Kenya is not at Nigeria's level yet, maybe you'll get there with the help of the lndians and whites who dominate your business space, and with your potential via tourism but at the moment Kenya is still too small.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
Oga - I know you can do better - Kenyan banks have been growing for 20 plus yrs - and I think in 2015 - KCB made it's debut in 1000 banks of the global - then Equity & Co-op - now KCB is just knocking at door of ACCESS, GTBANK and FIRSTBANK. Regionally - East Africa - Kenya banks dominate the top 10. There is no TZ or Uganda or etc BANK in top 10 of regional ranking. That is how good our banks are.

While our banks are climbing up..you' banks if they weren't burning money...would be aiming at South Africa..where one bank (STANBANK) is equal to all your banks COMBINED.

And regionally

obaaderemi:
Your money then is not the smart money, Odhiambo. KCB is growing at 5%. It will forever remain small unless you grow your economy and stop lying about your phantom exports and GDP. Please, send the latest data on KCB. Let's compare notes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Dream on. We are aiming at south Africa. There is nothing we can learn from Nigeria or aim for. Our growth is broad-based and solid.

15yrs ago our economy was $12B - and after growing it consistently for 15yrs at 5-6%- now it's at $80B (not cooked). Now if grow at same rate - and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't - we don't depend on one or two sectors - then in 15yrs - around 2033 - our GDP should be $550B (NOT COOKED) - and I think South Africa - will be around there too...because their growth is anemic and they have serious structural issues to resolve.

If South Africa are not carefully - we may reach them in 10yrs time.

15yrs ago - South Africa economy was $175B - now it's 317B - they have just nearly doubled! While we have grown ours nearly 7 times - without cooking!

15yra go - Nigeria GDP was believeable at $85B - now it's crazy overcooked at $400B

Therefore my projection is that in 15yrs now - Kenya will be Africa leading economy at $650B - followed by South Africa at 600B - with Nigeria okay still just being Nigeria !!!

Daejoyoung:

Nobody is defending Nigeria, we are only saying Kenya is not at Nigeria's level yet, maybe you'll get there with the help of the lndians and whites who dominate your business space, and with your potential via tourism but at the moment Kenya is still too small.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
justtoodark:

i dont think thats gonna happen any soon.... undecided

we got used to freebies.....

buhari was not realy wrong for calling us lazy.... undecided
Name. one freebie Nigerians are used to. And yes buhari was wrong. The only reason the country is still relevant is the tenacity of the youths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
I'm just here ROTFLMAO grin .. This Rvp17 is obviously a dunce.. and a confused one at that... he keeps going round in circle and changing goalposts... just yesterday, he said Kenya exports finishes goods to the US grin now he is saying it is to Sudan grin ... According to reliable data in the link I posted,over half of Kenya exports stay in Africa... where is the finished goods he is talking about? Nigeria's export might not be very good too cus we mostly export oil but at least we know what we export and to where...unlike some low self esteemed folks from the east who are looking for relevance grin

He even said Benin Republic and Togo are our competitors. lol... somebody should tell the dunce that almost half of Benin and Togo imports come from Nigeria.. yes! there is hardly any country in West Africa were Nigeria isn't one of their major import partners.. the problem we are having with those counter is due to our porous border..Some Nigerian businessesmen will import goods from other countries which will arrive at Benin Republic and will b smuggled to Nigeria... the reason is because its cheaper to purchase and bring in the goods from those countries than to imported them directly to Nigeria.... a lot of people who are into trading also prefer to buy their goofs from Benin Republic. it's cheaper there... In all,Benin Republic itself benefits more from it...

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

rvp2017 I cannot see you do not know much about Nigeria. How can you tell the government to collect taxes when there is nothing in the country to tax. Are you now going to collect tax from the 85 million people in extreme poverty or from the 140 million in poverty. If you go to a refugee camp and see the people are dying of hunger can you now tell them to pay taxes.
Oga if you are amongst the 85million in extreme poverty, then accept my condolences. Also l never knew Nigeria is just so full of refugee camps and this is where you live and all the people you know.
We are arguing based on facts and statistics, while you are more interested in telling a Kenyan(of all people) that Nigeria has refugee camps resulting from the BokoHaram crises?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Oga - I know you can do better - Kenyan banks have been growing for 20 plus yrs - and I think in 2015 - KCB made it's debut in 1000 banks of the global - then Equity & Co-op - now KCB is just knocking at door of ACCESS, GTBANK and FIRSTBANK. Regionally - East Africa - Kenya banks dominate the top 10. There is no TZ or Uganda or etc BANK in top 10 of regional ranking. That is how good our banks are.

While our banks are climbing up..you' banks if they weren't burning money...would be aiming at South Africa..where one bank (STANBANK) is equal to all your banks COMBINED.

And regionally

Now you are really scraping at the bottom of the barrel. South Africa and Nigeria both have 6 banks on that list.Kenya has only two and both combined are about the size of access bank. No wonder Nigerian banks are eating your breakfast. How can you compete with such Lilliputian kiosks you call banks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Oga if you are amongst the 85million in extreme poverty, then accept my condolences. Also l never knew Nigeria is just so full of refugee camps and this is where you live and all the people you know.
We are arguing based on facts and statistics, while you are more interested in telling a Kenyan(of all people) that Nigeria has refugee camps resulting from the BokoHaram crises?
That iidiot is one of those who hasn't gotten over Jonathan's loss. They were many on them on this thread.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Kenya exports textile and apparels - worth 500M dollars ($0.5B) to US of A annually. The jeans or other clothes you buy in the US - chance are they are from Kenya or Mauritus or Lesotho or Bangladesh. Next time try to read the label - you'll see MADE IN KENYA.

As for long story of Benin & Togo - I don't know how to respond to that - smiley sound like total chaos - we have porous border with Somalia and they do sneak in lots of goods - but it's nothing - worth worrying about on the large scale.

Danielnino00:
I'm just here ROTFLMAO grin .. This Rvp17 is obviously a dunce.. and a confused one at that... he keeps going round in circle and changing goalposts... just yesterday, he said Kenya exports finishes goods to the US grin now he is saying it is to Sudan grin ... According to reliable data in the link I posted,over half of Kenya exports stay in Africa... where is the finished goods he is talking about? Nigeria's export might not be very good too cus we mostly export oil but at least we know what we export and to where...unlike some low self esteemed folks from the east who are looking for relevance grin

He even said Benin Republic and Togo are our competitors. lol... somebody should tell the dunce that almost half of Benin and Togo imports come from Nigeria.. yes! there is hardly any country in West Africa were Nigeria isn't one of their major import partners.. the problem we are having with those counter is due to our porous border..Some Nigerian businessesmen will import goods from other countries which will arrive at Benin Republic and will b smuggled to Nigeria... the reason is because its cheaper to purchase and bring in the goods from those countries than to imported them directly to Nigeria.... a lot of people who are into trading also prefer to buy their goofs from Benin Republic. it's cheaper there... In all,Benin Republic itself benefits more from it...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Dream on. We are aiming at south Africa. There is nothing we can learn from Nigeria or aim for. Our growth is broad-based and solid.

15yrs ago our economy was $12B - and after growing it consistently for 15yrs at 5-6%- now it's at $80B (not cooked). Now if grow at same rate - and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't - we don't depend on one or two sectors - then in 15yrs - around 2033 - our GDP should be $550B (NOT COOKED) - and I think South Africa - will be around there too...because their growth is anemic and they have serious structural issues to resolve.

If South Africa are not carefully - we may reach them in 10yrs time.

15yrs ago - South Africa economy was $175B - now it's 317B - they have just nearly doubled! While we have grown ours nearly 7 times - without cooking!

15yra go - Nigeria GDP was believeable at $85B - now it's crazy overcooked at $400B

Therefore my projection is that in 15yrs now - Kenya will be Africa leading economy at $650B - followed by South Africa at 600B - with Nigeria okay still just being Nigeria !!!

Lol, how can your economy grow when Ethiopia and Tanzania are already muscling you out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
We are looping here. You know you merged you banks to get here. You know we are organically growing - and so fast - we are going to overtake all you banks - very very soon.
obaaderemi:
Now you are really scraping at the bottom of the barrel. South Africa and Nigeria both have 6 banks on that list.Kenya has only two and both combined are about the size of access bank. No wonder Nigerian banks are eating your breakfast. How can you compete with such Lilliputian kiosks you call banks?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Kenya exports textile and apparels - worth 500M dollars ($0.5B) to US of A annually. The jeans or other clothes you buy in the US - chance are they are from Kenya or Mauritus or Lesotho or Bangladesh. Next time try to read the label - you'll see MADE IN KENYA.

As for long story of Benin & Togo - I don't know how to respond to that - smiley sound like total chaos - we have porous border with Somalia and they do sneak in lots of goods - but it's nothing - worth worrying about on the large scale.

Lying comes naturally to you, Odhiambo. Where is the link showing the $500m apparel export?It is cooked like your GDP and growth figures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Name. one freebie Nigerians are used to. And yes buhari was wrong. The only reason the country is still relevant is the tenacity of the youths

i didnt understood his statement....and even in the terroritory of enemies....he is actualy saying all youths in africa are lazy..... undecided

whats not realy true...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Both Ethiopia and TZ - are about the same with Nigeria - about twice in Kenya area wise and population wise - but still they can't smell kenya. And if they did - I have no problem with that. Ethiopia had overtaken kenyan - but after they devalued their birr - they are now below kenya. As for TZ - their economy is $50B - and ours $80B - and mostly from minning - if you know TZ - and their lazy disposition - there is no way they can catch up - despite all the gold, the tonnes of natural gas they discovered and diamond.

Kenya will stand tall in Africa - and will overtake South Africa around 2030. I hope this thread will survive that long with us!

Nigeria with your world re-known fakery - you're going NOWHERE. Next you tell us you're 1 trillion dollar economy but your taxes will be 20B dollars grin

obaaderemi:
Lol, how can your economy grow when Ethiopia and Tanzania are already muscling you out.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:

look,i dont give a blue shitt about kenyans....let them measure their black kenyan dicks alone....

this is about nigerian matter....when your own leader talks like this in front of your enemies,then you have a problem....

i know,nigerian youths are not lazy......
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
This rsvp17 guy is not worth it.At best he is a teenager and at worst a dunce. The previous Kenyans did a bad job but at least they had some brains. This one is insufferable and a disgrace to the other Kenyans who had been flogged off this site.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
2016 - Kenya exported nearly 400M usd - worth of textile to USA. Now do the projection for 2018 figures (based on the growth rate)...and my estimate of $0.5b is conservative.
https://agoa.info/news/article/15332-kenya-aims-doubling-2016-exports-value-to-us-by-2025-under-agoa.html
obaaderemi:
Lying comes naturally to you, Odhiambo. Where is the link showing the $500m apparel export?It is cooked like your GDP and growth figures.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
justtoodark:

look,i dont give a blue shitt about kenyans....let them measure their black kenyan dicks alone....

this is about nigerian matter....when your own leader talks like this in front of your enemies,then you have a problem....

i know,nigerian youths are not lazy......
We all know that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
2016 - Kenya exported nearly 400M usd - worth of textile to USA. Now do the projection for 2018 figures (based on the growth rate)...and my estimate of $0.5b is conservative.
https://agoa.info/news/article/15332-kenya-aims-doubling-2016-exports-value-to-us-by-2025-under-agoa.html

can you just shvt up...who cares what kenyans export....?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
Classic nigerian. You're trying to lynch me because you cannot re-butt my sound arguments. Thank goodness for the internet - you can't reach me. And please give a break your generator. Ohoo boy how do you guys live. I have heard Lagos and Nigeria cities is permeated by the sounds of generators. Must be very annoying. Here I can hear the birds chirping and I can drive to game park in a few minutes.
obaaderemi:
This rsvp17 guy is not worth it.At best he is a teenager and at worst a dunce. The previous Kenyans did a bad job but at least they had some brains. This one is insufferable and a disgrace to the other Kenyans who had been flogged off this site.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Cooked figures again.Are you never tired of this bshit?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
Grow up little kid and jump to another thread. There must be a sections for dung flies like you?
justtoodark:

can you just shvt up...who cares what kenyans export....?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
kenyans are the most miserable blacks on the planet....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Kenya nearly doubled its exports to the United States under AGOA from $225 million in 2010 to $389 million in 2016. Apparel is mainly exported under AGOA.
And if you want pictures I can help you see the huge factories where those textiles and apparels are made.

obaaderemi:
Cooked figures again.Are you never tired of this bshit?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Classic nigerian. You're trying to lynch me because you cannot re-butt my sound arguments. Thank goodness for the internet - you can't reach me. And please give a break your generator. Ohoo boy how do you guys live. I have heard Lagos and Nigeria city is permeated by the sounds of generators. Must be very annoying. Here I can hear the birds chirping and I can drive to game park in a few minutes.
Hahaha, you can hear the birds chirp in your kibera. Grasping at straws as usual.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Grow up little kid and jump to another thread. There must be a sections for dung flies like you?

why are you guys sooo desperate....

what are you eastern africans trying to prove...?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Rvp or whatever, mind the way you talk about our banks.
How does it feel to you when you see Zenith bank,UBA etc Advert on CNN or BBC

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.