Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6189520 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
I feel they are very stupid. That is why while our banks are growing and turning profit every year - you're burning money. Why would you put an ad of CNN? - do you have a branch globally? Are you BARCLAYS? or CITIBANK. You're a damn stupid NIGERIAN BANK....whose combined capital is less than South Africa's STANBANK. And you don't see South Africa banks splashing money on CNN or BBC.

It seem bad manners is all over nigeria...now watch in 2 or 3 yrs...our banks will have overtaken your banks..without one ad in CNN or BBC.

You guys CANNOT ran a kiosk.

samsobo24:
Rvp or whatever, mind the way you talk about our banks.
How does it feel to you when you see Zenith bank,UBA etc Advert on CNN or BBC
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Kenya nearly doubled its exports to the United States under AGOA from $225 million in 2010 to $389 million in 2016. Apparel is mainly exported under AGOA.
https://agoa.info/news/article/15332-kenya-aims-doubling-2016-exports-value-to-us-by-2025-under-agoa.html
And if you want pictures I can help you see the huge factories where those textiles and apparels are made.

Textile companies are every where in Nigerian towns.Now apprehend this.

Ikeja,the capital of lagos,has more industrial clusters than the whole of your tiny country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
I feel they are very stupid. That is why while our banks are growing and turning profit every year - you're burning money. Why would you put an ad of CNN? - do you have a branch globally? Are you BARCLAYS? or CITIBANK. You're a damn stupid NIGERIAN BANK....whose combined capital is less than South Africa's STANBANK. And you don't see South Africa banks splashing money on CNN or BBC.

It seem bad manners is all over nigeria...now watch in 2 or 3 yrs...our banks will have overtaken your banks..without one ad in CNN or BBC.

i regret now ever dating a kenyan lady...you people only have cow dung in una skulls....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
We are not talking about tailors smiley making your favourite Africa prints.

We are talking huge factories making TOP BRANDS of fashion.Calvin Klein, Victoria Secrets and other licensed brands owned by US clothing conglomerate Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation. plus MANY OTHERS that are sold in UNITED STATES. Not Ikeja smiley or what other nigerian slum city you got.

And now you can buy them in Nairobi for CHEAP.

Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001233922/kenyans-can-now-buy-top-clothing-brands-at-affordable-rates-locally

samsobo24:
Textile companies are every where in Nigerian towns.Now apprehend this.

Ikeja,the capital of lagos,has more industrial clusters than the whole of your tiny country

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Kenya nearly doubled its exports to the United States under AGOA from $225 million in 2010 to $389 million in 2016. Apparel is mainly exported under AGOA.
https://agoa.info/news/article/15332-kenya-aims-doubling-2016-exports-value-to-us-by-2025-under-agoa.html
And if you want pictures I can help you see the huge factories where those textiles and apparels are made.

I'll pass. It's cooked like your GDP and growth figures. Where is the KCB assets data I asked for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
We are not talking about tailors smiley making your favourite Africa prints.

We are talking huge factories making TOP BRANDS of fashion.Calvin Klein, Victoria Secrets and other licensed brands owned by US clothing conglomerate Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001233922/kenyans-can-now-buy-top-clothing-brands-at-affordable-rates-locally

so why do you think lagos is the capital of fashion in Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:

It's no longer 2018?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
ZENITH bank will survive for 3 more years.
obaaderemi:
It's no longer 2018?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
Those are self-serving title awarded to by Nigerians to Lagos. LAGOS cannot be capital of anything serious.The capital of multi-colored Africa Prints for sure.
samsobo24:
so why do you think lagos is the capital of fashion in Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
See as I dey laugh dey chat with this guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
Yeah that kind of multi-colored outfit - doesn't sell globally though. So if you want to export apparell and textiles - you have to come to Kenya and learn.
samsobo24:
See as I dey laugh dey chat with this guy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
We don't believe in the government of Nigeria, you asss. Maybe you once did and they frustrated you,I can't say but we can see you are frustrated. What the Nigerian guys here are defending is that despite bad governance, Nigerians are pulling themselves up with their shoe laces and making impacts in Nigeria and Africa. It might interest you to know that among Kenya's 43 banks two are owned by Nigerians and Kenya itself has been cooking its GDP and stats badly. They are worse off apart from northern Nigeria which has turned itself to an albatross. I wonder what you as a youth has done to help Nigeria other than to moan and attack Nigeria.

You said what have I done for nigeria. Well in 1998 I came back to nigeria to invest in my home country my investment was going well. I was out forming the locals because of my experience in a lot of african countries and countries out of africa and then nigerians as usual become jealous the mentality is to destroy and give everything to a illiterate or criminal. That is what exactly they did, today where I was investing there is nothing happening there for about 15 years now. The criminal they gave the investment to knows nothing so I pack my bags and when to invest in other in other african countries contribute to other african countries. My work has paid off with 5 houses in other african cities. I now look at people where I was investing in nigeria in poverty. Why a lot of people having a hard time in the country off mine because they cannot learn how do u kick all your industries company and factory out of the country to build other countries and Then choose to follow a criminal .the way you make your bed so you lie on it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by trevortom: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
I have seen this thread of Nigerians Vs Kenyans for quite sometime and decided to contribute....

I believe everyone has a right to their Opinion and belief. However, sometimes opinion is an indicator of mindset but not actual fact. As a Kenyan, I find it strange and funny that 98% of people in this debate have neither visited Nigeria or Kenya. In this regard, it begs to ask whether it is really a debate on the state of affairs of these two countries or are we seeking a place from which we can build our fragile esteems.
As individuals we should always aspire to be greater and better than we are but not than other people. So as much as my countrymen came to this blog with the intention of representing the true image of our country, I think the reason for their patriotic action has been lost along the way. It is a well known fact, that Nigeria has known issues and so is Kenya. But what I see here is not who is better than who but who is worse than who. I may be insulted for these but hey If you are a true Kenyan, then let go of this urge to show Kenya as being better than Nigeria. For if Kenya and Nigeria are in the same situation then, is it really wise to compare and contrast amongst the two?
Tribalism, politics, education etc have made us distort patriotism and selfish pride. It is a selfish pride and emptiness that is driving the arguments that are in this debate. For all I care, I love my country with all our perfectness and Imperfections. To this I believe we are only comparable to ourselves. By these I mean that, If as Kenyans we can look at our country yesterday vs Today and can see a change, then we have a basis for comparison.
We then must strive to compete between the old and new Kenya but not vs other countries. I understand that sometimes for national pride competition exists. But shall we compete here on this platform when in the real world we are nowhere to be seen? Are we this quick to deal with corrupt officials and ideologies? Are we this quick to bring and seek the true facts regarding particular scandals? Are we this quick and unrelenting to seek and adhere to justice?
As a Kenyan I can just say, we are only comparable and answerable to ourselves. Seeking to show others what we have done is a confirmation of the low esteem by which we seek approval and affirmation, using the false pretense of pride and in the name of defending our country.

Thank You smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Those are self-serving title awarded to by Nigerians to Lagos. LAGOS cannot be capital of anything serious.The capital of multi-colored Africa Prints for sure.
if you know nothing about the billion dollar fashion industry in Nigeria and it's growing influence in the U.S by Nigerians in Diaspora, then say nothing lest you get your ass whipped again.
You can't compare the fashion industry of Kenya to that of Nigeria.
Textile is nothing to brag about as far as Nigeria is concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
You really excel in selling strange ideas.That one has to visit a country before you can talk about it?. Compare yourself against yourself? How does that even work. I think we are letting facts speak for themselves and learning in the process. And please don't project your insecurity on the rest of us....personally I'll admit areas where kenya is just whack...corruption...for one...I also will admit that South Africans are on another level...but as far as Nigeria goes...hell no..these guys need shock therapy!!
trevortom:
I have seen this thread of Nigerians Vs Kenyans for quite sometime and decided to contribute....

I believe everyone has a right to their Opinion and belief. However, sometimes opinion is an indicator of mindset but not actual fact. As a Kenyan, I find it strange and funny that 98% of people in this debate have neither visited Nigeria or Kenya. In this regard, it begs to ask whether it is really a debate on the state of affairs of these two countries or are we seeking a place from which we can build our fragile esteems.
As individuals we should always aspire to be greater and better than we are but not than other people. So as much as my countrymen came to this blog with the intention of representing the true image of our country, I think the reason for their patriotic action has been lost along the way. It is a well known fact, that Nigeria has known issues and so is Kenya. But what I see here is not who is better than who but who is worse than who. I may be insulted for these but hey If you are a true Kenyan, then let go of this urge to show Kenya as being better than Nigeria. For if Kenya and Nigeria are in the same situation then, is it really wise to compare and contrast amongst the two?
Tribalism, politics, education etc have made us distort patriotism and selfish pride. It is a selfish pride and emptiness that is driving the arguments that are in this debate. For all I care, I love my country with all our perfectness and Imperfections. To this I believe we are only comparable to ourselves. By these I mean that, If as Kenyans we can look at our country yesterday vs Today and can see a change, then we have a basis for comparison.
We then must strive to compete between the old and new Kenya but not vs other countries. I understand that sometimes for national pride competition exists. But shall we compete here on this platform when in the real world we are nowhere to be seen? Are we this quick to deal with corrupt officials and ideologies? Are we this quick to bring and seek the true facts regarding particular scandals? Are we this quick and unrelenting to seek and adhere to justice?
As a Kenyan I can just say, we are only comparable and answerable to ourselves. Seeking to show others what we have done is a confirmation of the low esteem by which we seek approval and affirmation, using the false pretense of pride and in the name of defending our country.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
if you are talking about fashion, when you Google fashion capital of Africa you see Lagos pop up easily, not Nairobi, so what are you talking about?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2018
Which top fashion brand has emerged out of Nigeria? Nothing? How about you start a multi-colored african prints and brand it. Maybe we can buy it? Maybe you can export it?

The way I see - LAGOS is KINSHASA - just like congolese focus on the mundane-music and fashion - nigeria are doing exactly that with addition of nollywood movies. You need to focus on serious stuff...fashion - brand it - export it- sell it. Don't just spend a fortune on African multi-colored prints on your tailor and call it fashion.

Daejoyoung:

if you know nothing about the billion dollar fashion industry in Nigeria and it's growing influence in the U.S by Nigerians in Diaspora, then say nothing lest you get your ass whipped again.
You can't compare the fashion industry of Kenya to that of Nigeria.
Textile is nothing to brag about as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Which top fashion brand has emerged out of Nigeria? Nothing? How about you start a multi-colored african prints and brand it. Maybe we can buy it? Maybe you can export it?
These are the biggest fashion brands in Nigeria, you can read about them here and their influence abroad..

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/2271350/biggest-fashion-brands-nigeria-people&ved=2ahUKEwickI_8vsvaAhVHKVAKHSvpAq8QFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2t4MBoZp8ajTW-BTo7WoTf
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
A good start - hope we see it soon in our supermaket grin and stores. Maybe your banks can donate one advertisement slot in CNN for this...people would love those African prints! I think I have two or three...that I bought in Uganda. Kenya we just do western kind of clothing.

Don't be like our congolese..who spend all the day bleaching, buying expensive perfumes, fashion and dancing lingala tunes..while their country which like nigeria has incredible natural resources is mirred in poverty.

Actually you guys are CONGOLESE skin lightening twins. All you dream about is to peacock around in multi-colored african prints if not dancing and making merry!!! . That is your dream...just like our African American bros. And you will end up in the same boat.

Daejoyoung:

These are the biggest fashion brands in Nigeria, you can read about them here and their influence abroad..

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/2271350/biggest-fashion-brands-nigeria-people&ved=2ahUKEwickI_8vsvaAhVHKVAKHSvpAq8QFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2t4MBoZp8ajTW-BTo7WoTf

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
A good start - hope we see it soon in our supermaket grin and stores. Maybe your banks can donate one advertisement slot in CNN for this...people would love those African prints! I think I have two or three...that I bought in Uganda. Kenya we just do western kind of clothing.

Don't be like our congolese..who spend all the day bleaching, buying expensive perfumes, fashion and dancing lingala tunes..while their country which like nigeria has incredible natural resources is mirred in poverty.

Actually you guys are CONGOLESE twins.

You are always jumping from one ladder to another. Stay one place na!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
I think am done here. I will come back again next year to see how far you've regressed. In 2016 when this thread started - you guys were not this bad!
Daejoyoung:

You are always jumping from one ladder to another. Stay one place na!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:

Actually you guys are CONGOLESE twins. All you dream about is to peacock around in multi-colored african prints if not dancing and making merry!!!

Yes we share so much with the Congolese. When you talk of food, they are so very close to Nigeria. Do get a lot of food items from Congo which are obtainable back home in Nigeria.

A good chunk of the Kitenge sold in Kenya comes in from Nigeria. It is common to hear Swahili being spoken by Kenyans who frequent Balogun market, which is a known fabric market in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:

Actually you guys are CONGOLESE twins. All you dream about is to peacock around in multi-colored african prints if not dancing and making merry!!! . That is your dream...just like our African American bros. And you will end up in the same boat.

Well we don't easily do the western thing when it comes to fashion,and this is why the West is interested. Even in the America you brag about, we have attracted Michelle Obama there as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Yeah that kind of multi-colored outfit - doesn't sell globally though. So if you want to export apparell and textiles - you have to come to Kenya and learn.
you continue to showcase your deficient knowledge.I only used that as a meme.

AND

Moreover,we are very proud of our local attire that we now export different styles and fabrics to Europe and the world.
Our politicians put on Native wears,Bankers,Teachers,Civil servants etc put on Native dresses at least Weekends.

Unlike those your politicians who feel inferior putting on native wears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:

Actually you guys are CONGOLESE skin lightening twins. All you dream about is to peacock around in multi-colored african prints if not dancing and making merry!!! . That is your dream...just like our African American bros. And you will end up in the same boat.

grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Yes I have to agree - there is nothing the congolese love than fashion and music. They don't give a damn about anything else.They don't care about their country going to the dogs - as long as they can look good!dance to their music! and eat their curry!
Pavore9:

Yes we share so much with the Congolese. When you talk of food, they are so very close to Nigeria. Do get a lot of food items from Congo which are obtainable back home in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
I think am done here. I will come back again next year to see how far you've regressed. In 2016 when this thread started - you guys were not this bad!
No o, stay and learn more...

In recent times, the global demand and discussions on African inspired clothing has led to tremendous boost in sales for some African designers and brands whose works have caught the eyes of international personalities including Beyonce, Michelle Obama, Rihanna, and Thandie Newton. The potential for this billion dollar market has birthed a need for African-led ecommerce fashion platforms to create structures that will not only cater to global demands, but also help upcoming brands to thrive.

With a population of 170 million, the fashion ecommerce industry in Nigeria is still underserved, a weak match for the growing internet users in the country. However, a Nigerian company is making waves by leveraging on technology to create an online platform that would be a one-stop shop for fashion. Fashpa.com is Nigeria’s premier online fashion retailer. Fashpa is vertically integrated; it designs, manufactures and distributes its line of clothing. It retails the clothing online and offers delivery throughout Africa and the World.

Source.. Forbes.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
This should be your national bird. Kenyan people - majority -esp the kikuyu tribe - are so frugal - so hardworking - and will save every penny - and die with millions in the bank. That is what drive kenya. Our hard-work, frugality,co-cooperativeness and sense of purpose - we simply don't have time for fashion or music. Kenyan dream is just to own & keep as much wealth as possible and to transfer it to their kids. Not to waste it in fashion or travelling or luxuries.We rather import tonnes of second hand and last season fashion from us or uk - than design or make our own expensive african prints.[b][/b]

Daejoyoung:

No o, stay and learn more...

In recent times, the global demand and discussions on African inspired clothing has led to tremendous boost in sales for some African designers and brands whose works have caught the eyes of international personalities including Beyonce, Michelle Obama, Rihanna, and Thandie Newton. The potential for this billion dollar market has birthed a need for African-led ecommerce fashion platforms to create structures that will not only cater to global demands, but also help upcoming brands to thrive.

With a population of 170 million, the fashion ecommerce industry in Nigeria is still underserved, a weak match for the growing internet users in the country. However, a Nigerian company is making waves by leveraging on technology to create an online platform that would be a one-stop shop for fashion. Fashpa.com is Nigeria’s premier online fashion retailer. Fashpa is vertically integrated; it designs, manufactures and distributes its line of clothing. It retails the clothing online and offers delivery throughout Africa and the World.

Source.. Forbes.com

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
trevortom:

The lost sheep roaming in the bush
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
And so while we export nearly half billion dollars worth of textile to US - we import about the same as second hand clothes (about 100,000 tonnes ) - or 4,000 trucks of clothes- worth about 100M usd.

So maybe there is something to learn about Nigeria prints smiley But kenyans are so used to western clothing - I don't think they can wear multi-colored print everyday - so we will continue wearing second hand or last season clothes dumped to us from the US.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
This should be your national bird. Kenyan people - majority -esp the kikuyu tribe - are so frugal - so hardworking - and will save every penny - and die with millions in the bank. That is what drive kenya. Our hard-work, frugality,co-cooperativeness and sense of purpose - we simply don't have time for fashion or music. Kenyan dream is just to own & keep as much wealth as possible and to transfer it to their kids. Not to waste it in fashion or travelling or luxuries.We rather import tonnes of second hand and last season fashion from us or uk - than design or make our own expensive african prints.[b][/b]

But you started this whole textile debate to show that Kenya is far better at it, and that Nigeria is all about oil and nothing else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.