Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

"Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome (49298 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by repogirl(f): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
tourgist:
I am not a fan of Pastor Chris but why do Nigerians always speak publicly against what they secretly desire.

For the guys against what the Pastor said it is either you are single or living in denial. and for the Ladies here i will say if you want peace in your home follow this principle and your husband will love you forever.

If you read the post properly you will see the part he said a woman has influence on her husband not by forcing her opinion on him.

The bible is clear on the issue of Marriage: Men love your wifes and Women submit to your own husbands. Women in the bible called their husband's LORD which means Master in Hebrew e.g Sarah, Ruth etc. A woman that submits makes it easier for the husband to love her.

I'm a christian and would not oppose this teaching because it is coming from Pst Chris, We should stop taking things personal.
Any Man who desires a woman that has same authority with him in Marriage, God will answer your prayer and give you your heart desires.

And for those saying he could not hold down his marriage: it takes 2 people to be married and when one party says i want out you can't force them, some of you will understand what i'm saying because there might be 1 or 2 people around who have gone through divorce, it could be your parents, sister, brother, cousin, uncle or aunt.
there is no where it says in the Bible that a woman's submission makes it easier for the man to love them. Infact it is the opposite.

The instructions were first given to the man,

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

So whether you wife is wicked or not, whether she submits or doesn't , if you don't honour your wife, then your prayers won't be answered, simple!

Read the words from a true man of God that has stuck with his wife for decades.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/articles/single/secrets-of-manly-leadership/

I bet you if Pastor Chris had been more understanding with his wife instead of the master slave relationship he was enforcing, they would most likely still be together.

Men love your wives, same way Christ loves the church, such a simple instruction.Christ didn't wait for the church to submit before he loved them. He didn't wait fr submission before he died for their sins, so why are you MEN turning it all around.

4 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
neocortex:

Yes if an organisation has a discriminatory rule that prevents you from being the boss no matter how
intelligent, qualified and skilled you are, then you are no different from a slave, a pawn to be used and
discarded at will.

Interesting! Meaning that these feminist movements have in their agenda the hope that they will someday overthrow the men and become husbands?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by histemple: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:
And wife means servant?

Feminist spotted.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by repogirl(f): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
Dsdada:

And what have said? Nothing. Absolutely nothing!! You may as well make dogs, cats and mosquitoes your friends and relations!
that guys brain must be the size of a peanut, no offence to him.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by tourgist: 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
It is quite unfortunate that we human beings Qoute people out of context. i have listened a lot of Pst prince joseph messages on youtube and i have not heard where he says women are equal to their husbands. it is vice versa A Man that loves his wife makes it easier for his wife to submit and a woman that submits to the husband makes easier for the husband to submit. I don't know if you are married, if no when you get married dont submit to him then come back and tell us how much he loves you. The bible says work out your own salvation, You do not know what goes on in people's home so the fact that someone has been married for a decade does not mean the have been happy or got it right.
repogirl:
there is no where it says in the Bible that a woman's submission makes it easier for the man to love them. Infact it is the opposite.

The instructions were first given to the man,

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

So whether you wife is wicked or not, whether she submits or doesn't , if you don't honour your wife, then your prayers won't be answered, simple!

Read the words from a true man of God that has stuck with his wife for decades.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/articles/single/secrets-of-manly-leadership/

I bet you if Pastor Chris had been more understanding with his wife instead of the master slave relationship he was enforcing, they would most likely still be together.

Men love your wives, same way Christ loves the church, such a simple instruction.Christ didn't wait for the church to submit before he loved them. He didn't wait fr submission before he died for their sins, so why are you MEN turning it all around.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Oluwaplumpie(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
Is he trying to say we have no right to be opinionated when married?

We should agree to whatever our "masters" say?

This particular sermon is unsettling sad
He's simply pointing out that women are no more as obedient as God purposed. Simple. If u have center opinions, declare them.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
This hypocrite in the name of a pastor is the most devlis.h person I know. This is a man that supported the divorce of someone I know well. He is very deceitful and full of lies.
Please beware of false teachers like him.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by tourgist: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
I have heard a lot of women say that they started enjoying their marriages when they stopped proving to their spouses that their opinion matters, and learnt to listen and respect his opinion. Some Men cant do a thing without consulting their wives because those women knew what their role in the marriage is.

Why do u think women who cant separate their career role as a CEO and that of a wife either remain single or dont have peaceful homes? because if you take the same attitude from the board room to your bedroom then there wont be peace in that home.

Men thrive on respect and they love it when a woman submits to their authority because that is where God has placed them.

Ibukun Awosika once said she is still happily married because she knows how to switch to both roles of a wife and a Boss. You can command or other Men but not your husband that is why the bible says "women submit to your own husband".

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Sleeky2020(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
Very correct. This message was preached long ago precisly in the year 2005 and its titled "If these things be in you'.quote author=donnie post=49150562]This post by Christ Embassy.Org Online Missions facebook page is causing heated debates...

FOR THE MARRIED WOMEN AND THOSE INTENDING TO GET MARRIED, LISTEN & TAKE HEED!!

Topic: Who is a HUSBAND and What is His Role?
By Rev. Chris OyaKhilome Dsc DD

Husband does not mean the male partner in a marriage, husband means master. The reason for most problems in Christian marriages is the fact that women refute God’s definition of marriage and form theirs. They believe they are equal partners. If most women had their fathers bold enough to talk to them, they will be very successful in their marriage and they will be very happy people. Most women have never been taught by their parents, their fathers particularly and that’s their biggest problem because they don’t know who a man is, they think he is another woman.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-m26Y1nr4b_E/VtPAP6uUpyI/AAAAAAAABNw/xAlepqjOtp4/s1600/IMG-20160228-WA0011.jpg[/img]

In marriage, you have the man who is the head of that union and because he’s the head of that union, its important to understand him. You think he’s the one that needs to understand his wife and that is where you are wrong. He will eventually but you have to know the type of man you are married to and his needs.When you say you are marrying a man, you are coming under his authority. The Bible says, the man is the head of the woman (1 Corinthians 11:3) so when you marry him you come under his authority, you are not authority sharers even though you are both heirs to the kingdom of God.When you decide not to subject yourself to that authority, you are a rebel and God is not going to accept what you are doing because you are not functioning correctly.

Why did God make the woman?Making woman was not God’s original plan because after God created Adam and before He made Eve, He said in Genesis 1:31 “Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good”. God made woman because of man so woman was not His original idea. This is reality.Genesis 2:18a “And the Lord God said “for it is not good for a man to be alone..” The Bible didn’t say “lonely” but “alone”. There is a big difference. Man wasn’t lonely but alone. Genesis 2:18b “…I will make him an help meet”. He didn’t say a partner or a supervisor or a special advisor or someone to tell him what to do.I will make him someone to help him. God gave man a responsibility so woman was made to help man achieve that responsibility. If this is understood in every home then you won’t have problems.I tell people that you don’t need a marriage seminar, you need the Word Seminar.

Let me tell you, no husband wants another mother, he has had one all his life. He doesn’t want an older sister, he probably had one.Your secret is in obedience, your secret is in listening to your husband, your secret is in doing the things that please him. When you don’t do the things that please him, you take the role of a mother or of an older sister. A man loves the one he serves (God) and the one that serves him (a good wife). He fights the one that wants to be at the same level with him (a rebellious wife).

To be happy in your family and home is the easiest thing in the world, just take your role. Take your place. That place that God gave you is a beautiful place. Its a place of peace. Its a place of love. It’s a place of excellence.Every wise person listens to wise voices (advice) but he listens to a wise voice that is presented wisely. Everyone rebels against the voice that is trying to make a fool out of him. When you want to correct your husband, don’t lord it over him,present it as a wise suggestion. Humble yourself and be smart. A wise woman will always be an influence to her husband, the foolish one will always annoy the husband, make him mad, make him angry and when you make him angry, you will be the victim.

Learn to listen to your husband, practice it, tell yourself that you are going to do it because that is where your beauty is.Once you stop listening, your beauty evaporates. You wonder why you are dressing and he can’t see it, he doesn’t remember your last hair style. Beauty is in obedience. That’s where the Glory is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VgqCwrZ58U

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donnie: I agree with you Man of God! The bible is clear. Too much western influence among christians these days...
PS: Before you begin to run your mouth, these are excerpts from Pastor Chris' Teaching several years ago and not an off-shoot of anything tongue cool

After reading this many ladies who are in a hurry to marry will slow down and pray to God for the right man. wink[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by kaboninc(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. I will take my time to go through the comments on this thread if there are any.
But let me add that he is right though I don't agree with him on the position that women were not originally intended to be created by God, thereby making the creation of women sound like an "after thought". Not right and unscriptural. I disagree.

However, just the same way Sarah called her husband- Abraham, lord, and they lived peacefully so should daughters of Sarah do.
Marriage is no joke. If you can't submit to a man, don't marry him! If I don't respect a particular guy, no matter how rich or influential he is, I'm not marrying because there's no point marrying a guy I'll disrespect. If he says "Sit!" and I find myself saying "I won't!", then I'm not to move into the same house with that fellow. It just makes no sense to say 'I do" when my heart says "I never will". That's my view.

Hmmmm...so you agree with the view that a woman should be under the authority of a man? As in accept in every way that he is the head and in as much as you are very much relevant, you should not seek to usurp his authority?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Greatzeus(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
ever811:
your god pastor Chris lives his life according to bible principles... ehmmm..ehmmm where is his wife?
I am not his member OK,read my post again,it was people like you I heard in my mind when I wrote it tongue

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by DanielGb(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
I am not surprise. Some Ladies will never be honest with themselves. Be ready to remain Single.

You keep saying "I understand that the man is the head." Yet you deny him as the master.

From today, Keep it in your brain. He is the master but you are not a slave or servant. You are a friend.

why?
because, God commands him to love his wife.

A slave dont know love and his slave master don't Pity him/her and can do whatever he likes with him or her.

Case study:
Sarah, Abraham & the maid(Ishmael's Mother).

So, stop denying what you truly want. JOY!.
A man who will love you 'tori-tese.' However, He is still the HEAD. You have to receive command from him and submit to his will as God commanded.

God created woman for man. Her mission in the man's life is clear. HELPER!.

Help him to build a family
Help him to build his dreams.
Help him to become Somebody he will be proud of.
Help him to be who he truly wants to be.

Make him Happy.

Others are secondary.

If you succeed(in other things. be it career) and you are not yet married. you are simply naked. vulnerable and lack true love.

If you are divorce, you are not different from a single lady and same thing applies to you.

GUYS:
Don't reject this hash message(as it is to you now). Its THE TRUTH.

I am not a fan of pastor Chris and I don't know what went wrong with his family

but, this i know very well...

...I have watched my mum and dad live peacefully for decades of years and still happy together.

I notice all this:
Mum is submissive. They fight sometimes but she will not be happy if her husband is mad at her. its common sense and wisdom.
she will make out for redress.

Dad receives advice and support from mum and it keeps going well for them. Infact, most of the things my dad achieve were through the loving advice of my mum. Yet, She does it the way He wants it.

Guys be SELFISH.
I keep saying this over and over again.

Woman wants selfish guys.

Definition of Selfish(not dictionary meaning):
'Be honest about what you want and demanding it the way you want it.'

Stop being a nice guy.
It is our right to demand from our GF or Spouse What we want and how we want it.

Suprising enough:
Woman are anxious to know what we want and how we want it. They are expecting us to give the order.

Guys!
Forget about what she wants.
Yes. I said it.
She only wants to be with you.
A family'. Her family. that's all she yarn for. Others are secondary. She will celebrate her wedding like its Christmas.

A man starts that family and heads it. If the man is not there, the family cant start because he is the one who will decide.

Husbands love your wife:
This is what makes him better than a 'slave master'.

Christ is a master and we are his servants but, He choose to call us friends all because of his endless love.

Good Husbands take there wives as friends because of the LOVE. The distingusing factor is She submits to that man that Heads and love her.

LADIES:
'He is a leader' and that is what you keep saying. and you know what you are? the follower.

If you truly follow the word of God; then, wherever he goes is were you should go with him. stay there and remain under is undying love ASAP.

God bless.

..... .... .... ...
I have a short article on 'be selfish'
Check my page.

If you want the well detailed text.
forward me your email address.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by naijafeminist: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chubhie:

Our good ole African traditions and her women ain't complaining. You should take your atheists campaign to the grassroots and try your luck.

Speak floor yourself please. We're complaining undecided
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by naijafeminist: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
naijafeminist:

Speak for yourself please. We're complaining undecided
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

Lol. Seriously? your logic is comparable to a 12 year old's. How do some people think? Soon he will say he went to school. I will play along though. When you get married, don't treat your spouse like a partner. Your marriage will last longer if you have the master/slave relationship. And keep listening to these fraudsters. They are very appreciative. I hear he is looking to build another mansion with your donations. Don't forget to contribute. And you might wanna read through my posts. Your life will never be the same. The enlightenment you will receive will equal to being born again 100 times.

There is a saying in Hausa... That if a man offers to give you a shirt, first look at the one he is wearing...
How can a fraudster who couldnt sustain his own marriage be giving advice.... and not giving advice based on where he went wrong rather sticking the the shìt that ruined his own marriage

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Why not explain! The husband is a master to whom? Christianity is so anti-women

Bros... pastor chris get point.

We have three major religions in naija... three of them are explicit on the roles of women in marriage.

Submission to the husband
Obedience
Service
Helper
Procreation

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by HMZi: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

Synonyms!!!. I will advise you do not get entangled. Head-Follower,Master-Servant. The word Master does not indicate a tyrant and neither does the word servant indicates slave. Just get understanding with all thy gettings.
ok!..
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by amicable09(f): 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
kaboninc:

Hmmmm...so you agree with the view that a woman should be under the authority of a man? As in accept in every way that he is the head and in as much as you are very much relevant, you should not seek to usurp his authority?
Absolutely. cheesy
I have no problem with the authority of a man whose head is Christ. If he's not under God's authority, then I cannot be under his headship.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Babzilla:

There is a saying in Hausa... That if a man offers to give you a shirt, first look at the one he is wearing...
How can a fraudster who couldnt sustain his own marriage be giving advice.... and not giving advice based on where he went wrong rather sticking the the shìt that ruined his own marriage

You need to find a way to leave that country i swear.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by KoldKash(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:
And wife means servant?

If that is synonymous with "a helper",YES!
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by HMZi: 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pavore9:

"The woman who cannot kneel down and hand over her full salary to you ,the husband with joy is not your wife".....In this present time? Bros, you are not yet ready to get married! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If my younger sister tells me the guy she is dating, expects her to be handing over her salary to him when they get married all l will advise her is to end that relationship!
... then your sister go old 4 house na,my dear it shouldnt be ur business in d 1st place,the decision aint urs to make...calm down.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:

If he didn't, why give him credit?

Walking by faith can be rightly used by any religious group you know...

Muslim terrorists can use it as a reason to kill "unbelievers"....they believe they are the tools of their "God"....that's working by faith...

Pagans too walk by faith as there's nothing to assure them they are doing the right thing....just faith undecided

You shouldn't hide behind that phrase mister as it is not wide enough to cover you.

What doesn't make sense doesn't...and this doesn't.
What are you even saying?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Pavore9: 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
HMZi:
... then your sister go old 4 house na,my dear it shouldnt be ur business in d 1st place,the decision aint urs to make...calm down.

Fortunately, she is presently engaged to someone who cares less about what she earns from her stores rather he gives her ideas on how to expand as he can't be a top executive in a Dubai property marketing firm and still be interested in a woman kneeling down before him to hand him her income! cheesy

Everyone has the calibre of people they get attracted to. For guys who need women to knee down before them and hand over their pay packet, May the Lord grant them the grace to find such women.........but certainly not from my family! cheesy
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by monex(m): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
repogirl:
the slave master relationship is not one of love but obligation of the slave to the master where the master has no feelings toward the slave.

The Bible said men love your wives as Christ loves the church...not as master loves his slave

my master to slave message was to those who were trying to use that to explain so I wnated to say that in so far as the master slave relationship involves what I pointed out then it is fine. At the end it becomes a question of vocabulary.

Why i particularly quoted you was because you said the husband should earn the respect of the wife. I wanted to let you know that marriage is an institution where respect is not earned but given as an obligation.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bbsharon(f): 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
BlackMbakara1:
For the ladies, no offence but please someone debunk all what he said from the bible? If you can't my conclusion is:

1. If your wedded in a church or intend to wed in a church and holds the bible as a guide, follow the dictates.

2. If your wedded in a mosque or intend to wed in a mosque and holds the koran as a guide, follow the dictates.

3. If your wedded in a registry or intend to wed in a registry and holds the bible or koran/marriage guide/bye law as a guide, follow the dictates.

4. If your wedded traditionally or intend to wed traditionally and holds the norms/bye law as a guide, follow the dictates.

There's no point crying fowl, as it's still optional to remain single...

This is so on point. I wonder why they go to the church and get married and yet complain about the guidelines in the bible. Talk of hypocrisy at his height.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by HMZi: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pavore9:

Fortunately, she is presently engaged to someone who cares less about what she earns from her stores rather he gives her ideas on how to expand as he can't be a top executive in a Dubai property marketing firm and still be interested in a woman kneeling down before him to hand him her income! cheesy

Everyone has the calibre of people they get attracted to. For guys who need women to knee down before them and hand over their pay packet, May the Lord grant them the grace to find such women.........but certainly not from my family! cheesy
i dnt suppt pastor chris in any way,when it comes to couples decisions,only them and d courts have any say,nt u and i.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by KoldKash(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

If you are a boss, you preside over workers. Spit it out! Say it! The woman is a slave according to your bible.

And a Boss' job is not to preside over workers?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Pavore9: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
HMZi:
i dnt suppt pastor chris in any way,when it comes to couples decisions,only them and d courts have any say,nt u and i.

That is why in one of my earlier posts, l noted that every couple have their unique way of dealing with this issue of submission in their marriage. There is what Mr. A can not tolerate from his wife which would be what Mr. B likes in his wife.

There are men who raise hell when their wives take money from their wallets without first informing them even for things that is known to be needed in the home while there are also men who will laugh over it and even make jokes out of it.

We are all products of different formations and perspective varies.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by KoldKash(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Do you know why feminists are on the rise? Those are women who are tired of the "godly principles" They want to be free from the role forced on them by naive men who created a silly book to enslave them. The Bible is anti-women. Show me one passage that spoke well of women?

Proverbs 12:4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband , But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.

If you would like more passages that speaks well of women ,don't be shy to ask.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Seun(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
Submission doctrine makes the religious wife dishonest. Things she knows her husband might not consent to are simply done behind his back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by KoldKash(m): 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
AZeD1:
"And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?"

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

I guess this part of the scriptures are missing in pastor Chris's bible.

And what is the supposed agreement?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Toks2008(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
frank317:
says a man who cannot handle his wife. This man has no right to teach anything on marriage issues

You need a good and resounding e-slap for this.

His wife divorced him and not the other way round.

What he said up there is a strong point that will save many ladies of heartache if adhered to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." / Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.