Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

"Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome (49299 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

So the cleaner in your office is a slave, your driver is a slave, you are a slave to your boss in your office. You know you are dumb. Anyways, you have the right to choose your implied meanings. My advice to you is to seek God's inspiration other than a man's definition.

The cleaner in my office is just an employee who is employed to clean. I do not think of him as a slave nor i his master. Therein lies your problem. The fact that you can use that example exemplifies your way of thinking. I just don't get it. The fact that you are black does not mean your thought process should also be like that too na. Smh

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by CSTR2: 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

So the cleaner in your office is a slave, your driver is a slave, you are a slave to your boss in your office. You know you are dumb. Anyways, you have the right to choose your implied meanings. My advice to you is to seek God's inspiration other than a man's definition.
That is a very narrow way of looking at it.
The English language is too limited to adequately translate many ancient Hebrew words correctly.
When relating to marriage in the scriptures,The direct opposite of master is not slave. It is more like master and willing helper. There is a world of difference between a slave and a willing helper.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by greatehis: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
I think you're awfully maladjusted!

Conformed to 21century code of conduct which is all about pleasure devoid of responsibility and purpose!

Let me point you to some horrible statistics!

Women who resist male headship have been shown to be more sad and unfulfilled. They are also incapable of sexual fulfilment as they can't even fück properly in sweet surrender.

A British statistics have shown that women today are attaining menopause in their early 30s-- 16% of women will hit menopause before 40 and the tide is increasing. It is due to stress and stubborn behaviour.

Women are biologically programmed to look up to men for headship, protection, leadership and provision.

But your godless and myopic feminists lied to you that you're equal to men.

Well.....stats don't lie.

Check out women's health today, and i don't mean prenatal or child mortality, I mean general women's health.

It's falling like pastries set before a hot oven.

you won in the entire debate. you nailed it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
This is amazing....just twisted in a very wrong way. I don't blame all this religious fanatics that take their pastor as their God instead of God Himself.

The leprosy eating their brain dead is their inability to study the word of God and ask the Holy Spirit the help of interpretation;instead they depend into to in whatever twisted,fabricated stories or message of their demi god called pastor. You guys are just carbon copy of Muslim fanatics that goes into slaughter ride once they are brainwashed to do so.

A man may be a master to a slave, of the house but not his woman , rather he is meant to love her,care for her,protect and provide for her and the children;give her the emotional support as she gives him back too,contributes her own ideas for the growth of both,comfort and encourages him too.

The wife see to her husbands empire and provide him with generation. She is meant to be loved and her emotions respected not enslaved. That is why she was created from something very close to a man's heart(his rib). She is a man's helper and she takes care of her husband. A wife is obedient not a slave to be used.

Finally,a man(not a woman****significant) shall leave his parents house to his wife and both shall become ONE...if both are one how come you are playing master thing? Master commands fear from his subjects but a good husband commands love and obedience from his wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

The cleaner in my office is just an employee who is employed to clean. I do not think of him as a slave nor i his master. Therein lies your problem. The fact that you can use that example exemplifies your way of thinking. I just don't get it. The fact that you are black does not mean your thought process should also be like that too na. Smh

My friend, I gave you an advice from the beginning which is "do not get entangled with definitions and focus on God's inspiration" so keep to that advice and have whatever implied meaning you so desire to have as your destiny is in your own hands. Please stop barking and spilling trash from your guts.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
CSTR2:
That is a very narrow way of looking at it.
The English language is too limited to adequately translate many ancient Hebrew words correctly.
When relating to marriage in the scriptures,The direct opposite of master is not slave. It is more like master and willing helper. There is a world of difference between a slave and a willing helper.

You are not in the picture of this argument so leave it alone. What you wrote has nothing to do with me. Read threads and responses before you start commenting. Comment on pippimp:
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

You are not in the picture of this argument so leave it alone. What you wrote has nothing to do with me. Read threads and responses before you start commenting. Comment on pippimp:

When you tell yourself a particular thing over and over again, you start to believe it. The life of a husband and wife in Africa is that of master and slave and the bible fuels this mentality. I wonder what you will do if you move to an organized society? You will just die.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by josite: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
hard lessons bring us to the point of truth,now pastor chris is now telling it the way it really is.the woman who cannot kneel down and hand over her full salary to you ,the husband with joy is not your wife.she is your partner.when a woman submits the money she sweats for to you,then submission in every other area of life comes easy.

This is GOD inspired message.because many marriages are on the verge of being destroyed right now.

if u cant submit your salary to him ,girls ,dont marry him.this is actually what broke pastor chris marriage,the wife said his idea of submission is too extreme.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

When you tell yourself a particular thing over and over again, you start to believe it. The life of a husband and wife in Africa is that of master and slave and the bible fuels this mentality. I wonder what you will do if you move to an organised society? You will just die.

You know my problem with you is that you do not get anything. If you were patient enough to reason, you will see in my post that I never said the Husband is a master I only pointed to synonyms and I advise you not to get entangled. I'm quite sure you are not married.

Anyways, It's your choice to have headaches. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

You know my problem with you is that you do not get anything. If you were patient enough to reason, you will see in my post that I never said the Husband is a master I only pointed to synonyms and I advise you not to get entangled. I'm quite sure you are not married.

Anyways, It's your choice to have headaches. Have a nice day.

You seem to not have a problem with definitions. It's an African thing. If you are a doctor and someone refers to you as a nurse would you be ok with it? If the man is not the master then don't refer to him as such.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by vhatpweetygurl(f): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Like seriously at a time like this hiaaaan master kwaaa....The master is the only one that works,provides for the family, he should master completely not in some areas.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by jclassiq(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
Is he trying to say we have no right to be opinionated when married?

We should agree to whatever our "masters" say?

This particular sermon is unsettling sad
i hope u understand what opinionated means and whether it's actually necessary in a godly marriage. I dont knw if he dats what he meant but i do knw dat he says to be humble and obedient to your husband who loves you. A loving husband cannot intend evil for you so i hardly see the place of being opinionated here.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
looolz. You call me lesbian when my desire to fück you has never been hidden from all of Nairaland?

I promised to let you straddle my hip and bounce off my shaft at your own pace. You refused!

I assured you my dick will fill up your püssy walls and carress your womb lips, yet you hesitate still.

I don't know if you're naturally inhibited to big dicks, let me assure you now that I won't travel the entire distance of your püssy corridor; just head depths and varying thrusts and altering speed.

Stop this male argument you're always wont to do, what you need is a thorough fück of assurance to cast away every vestige of doubt that God made women to be loved and protected by men cool

please stop talkin' 2 me like this.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
greatehis:

Thanks bro
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by don33310(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Why not explain! The husband is a master to whom? Christianity is so anti-women
Go and try Islamic religion,you will know which is anti-women
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
ladja2013:

Are you married at all? If yes ,I can understand wia u a coming from. It wife call the shot .Period.
If u a not married ,give the script to ur would be wife to read and digest. Then conduct a test for her to be sure she gt the point straightforward. If possible hang it in ur bedroom as a perpetual reminder.

ROTFL! grin
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Gwangwadangwa77: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
for those that are still reasonable enough to accept the truth all that this man of God said is true

3 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
greatehis:

BloodOnMyHands:
Thanks bro
cheesyno you didn't.
That guy is of the same view as you is all
That's like you congratulating yerself
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

please stop talkin' 2 me like this.
Stop callings me lezbian cool

And you have never answered this question; do you have Nigerian roots, any?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
cheesyno you didn't.
That guy is of the same view as you is all
That's like you congratulating yerself

I have held countless debates with you and have always walked away with victory and the spoils of war; your admiration cheesy

I will take the next step with a PM soon.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Mistiky(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
The origin of the word and the implied meaning is clear to all. The historical and biblical definition of the roles of a husband and a wife are also somewhat clear, albeit arguable/subjective. Claims/statistics that suggest that nowadays, women are less happy in marriages or that marriages are crashing due to women challenging their "supposed" roles as the subservient character in a dominant/submissive matrix should also take into consideration the fact that civilization is constantly redefining itself to undo the mistakes/errors of the past, fix the challenges of today and prepare for the problems of the future. The empowerment of the female gender is one of the products of humanity/civilization undoing the mistakes of the past. With power comes access and ability to make more choices, hence women now know they have a greater say in how their life's experience should be, so no need to settle for or manage with less, a reality that was not available/experienced by our forebears. It can be argued that a slave who fully embraces the role ascribed to him/her will live a relatively peaceful and content life compared to another slave who fights to break free of the role imposed on him/her. This does not indicate that living a life content with being a slave without a choice is a life better spent.
Now, for women who claim to be religious (not only Christians), the roles of a husband and a wife are reasonably defined.
As an analogy, a manager in a company and his subordinates are both important to the running of a business. The manager leads and calls the shots while the subordinates follow/carry out instructions and offer advice/suggestions where necessary. A manager can suck at the job, but that does not eliminate the substance/definition of the role of being "manager". It also does not mean that the subordinate can/should equate him/herself to the manager because the manager is fallible. The worst a subordinate can do is resign if the conditions are not favorable.
So for religious women, i think what is important is to ensure "the company and its CEO" (read.... marriage and husband) are suitable before accepting the "employment letter" (read.... marriage proposal") because after that is done, most religions dictate that the husband fully calls the shots.
For women not comfortable with this arrangement, there's no need trying to justify their position from a religious point of view because they will be fighting a battle that has been rigged against them for centuries.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by florencepoko2: 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
Why he still teaches on marriage ?? What has he done to his home ?? Has he taken a rebellious mare to marry? He was more concerned about her beauty and fair skin as he wanted to marry her. Now when it crash, he just stand this language. Man of God, you no longer entitled to give teaching on marriage. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by orunto27: 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
He retains his A* in the group of Paul, the Apostle of Christ Jesus. A Master equals A Lamb of God equals A Son of God equals Christ, the Husband of The Church. My question is, what influence has Satan in Man's relationship with his once chosen Help? I know the snake got into Eve to make Adam disobey. Is it the same old snake that continues to make our modern women non-subservient to obedience to God's Will in Man? I usually classify women into "Daughters of Eve and Daughters of Mary". Daughters of Mary, I regard as Born Again Christians. I always wonder when I see some very highly educated Daughters of Mary fragrantly abusing this very well crafted institution of God, this union that we are talking about. There is Recession in town. We need good wives to stop things receding into Depression. And Women are more easily depressed nowadays.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by T5OM: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Tso.m T5o.m ? undecided No wonder the logic was flawed!!!!!

Hey gun-running, pot-smoking, crack-dealing burglar. How's the police treating you? They still haven't shot you? Too bad.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by jclassiq(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
I dont knw if some ppl read but dont comprehend or they simply decide to ignore the points. The man of God says a woman is "a help meet" for the man according to the bible. Therefore she shldnt consider herself "equal" to the husband. If she has an opinion, he says to present it in a wise manner, and not to lord it over the man. Why do some ppl still have problem with this msg?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
ever811:
worshiper of man,where is his own wife?

She is busy at her office. I should bring her to nairaland and show you?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
T5OM:

Hey gun-running, pot-smoking, crack-dealing burglar. How's the police treating you? They still haven't shot you? Too bad.
Hello mark,I missed you.Yer great comic relief smiley
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by mikolo80: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
Is he trying to say we have no right to be opinionated when married?

We should agree to whatever our "masters" say?

This particular sermon is unsettling sad
no, it means choose your master with sense
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
AnonyNymous:

'Anointed' and 'commissioned' by who? Were you present at the anointment ceremony? Or are you unaware that any 15 year old eloquent speaker can claim to be anointed? Mental Slavery at its finest.

Were you present when your mother gave birth to you? As soon as your mum put to bed, they took her baby away to "wash" then they later handed you over to her and told her you were her's and she believed. They told you same and you believed.

Are you not aware that many women have been given other people's kids for theirs? You must be a mental slave.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
mikolo80:
no, it means choose your master with sense

comedians everywhere grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day / Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.